Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

Just now, Magus Ossis said:

I don't get to look at the books for other practices, so I can't argue about their ownership details. None of our imaging devices is leased.

I shouldn't have posted that, as my experience is so limited I have no idea if it's typical.  I've done 3 MRI acquisitions/installs.  All leased. Could be coincidence.  

and all more than a decade ago. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Almost all of us can see into the past, but only some of us see into the future with any real accuracy.

miss cleo fraud GIF

5 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Guys. I don’t wanna throw a wrench in the works here. 

But Trey Owens os 6’5 220 and showed a lot to me last night   He’s built for the long term and I think he has the highest upside of all 3. 

I laughed. 

Seriously though, I think Trey will be fine once his time comes.

He didn’t look like the nintendo robot, unlike some we’ve trotted out there in the past.

The system is working. Me likey. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Turnabout is fair play. Ewers’ dad wanted to keep Ewers in bubble wrap in 2022 after that piece of shit Dallas Turner’s cheap shot. It cost Texas a game when Ewers chose to sit, with the dad calling the shots and using Thamel to plead his case. 

Now? Boy, pops wants his son’s ass back out there pronto. 

Letting something become a nagging thing to play against ULM seems dumb. I’ve never heard anyone have anything particularly good to say about Ewers senior. If he’s stage managing Quinn’s career he’s doing a weird/poor job of it. 

5 minutes ago, Slacks said:

The guy sitting in front of me had Quinn over 2 TD passes. He was feeling great. 

Then he left right after Quinn left.

I was in Iowa and a guy asked if he should take arch over 3.5 completions.  I said that's a gimme this game.  He can thank me if I ever run into him again 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Milroe is winning the Heisman. ESPN is all in.

Fuck ESPN now and forever

2 hours ago, EZ$ said:

Start him next week. Let him throw for another 2 easy TDs, then let Arch come in and score another 35 points.  Do the same against Miss St.  Quick/safe passes and the Heisman will be his with the big wins against OU and especially Georgia. 
Heisman opportunities don’t grow on trees. Hell, couldn’t even win one with our 2 best QBs ever. 

This is a terrible idea. Heisman is not the goal. National championship is the goal. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

Look, I get what you are saying but if you get injured ever year you play football including now a freak injury you are certainly injury prone. Bad luck can be part of that equation but the reality is Ewers gets hurt a lot. At least now we have a legit backup QB to get us through unlike last year when we were holding on for dear life when Murphy stepped in. 

What would be the medical diagnosis that would cause a person to be injury prone?

2 things occur to me....First, I think part of the reason we are ranked # 1 now is that the really,really,really smart guys(not really) that vote the polls see that we have top notch QB play no matter who is in there.....and second, we now have two candidates in the Heisman race so we will split the vote and have some other slug get the award....

I for one think Ewers will be grateful that he gets a couple of weeks rest and can come back 100% right before the gauntlet of OU and Georgia, and doesn't have to worry about some small team twisting his ankles in a scrum or something. We have two Heisman-caliber QBs, we would be fucking stupid not to use them like this.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Turnabout is fair play. Ewers’ dad wanted to keep Ewers in bubble wrap in 2022 after that piece of shit Dallas Turner’s cheap shot. It cost Texas a game when Ewers chose to sit, with the dad calling the shots and using Thamel to plead his case. 

Now? Boy, pops wants his son’s ass back out there pronto. 

NFL GMs (except the Jets and Dolphins) don't like their franchise QBs missing a lot of games.

8 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Both imply Ewers lost the starting job. My question is whether that’s actually being implied. Because “he got hurt and he’ll be back when he’s ready” is SOP and doesn’t require a reference to Pipp. 

It's like you're new here. The Pipp reference is tongue in cheek. 

Lighten up, Francis. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

You sure the fuck got your panties in a wad over it. 

No, I asked if he was serious because it seemed unlikely. Then he tried defining it as taking over for a while. 

It’s like you’re new to the Internet. Or maybe projecting. Discussing something doesn’t mean someone’s panties are in a wad. But, bringing up a conversation that ended hours ago might. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Wait, wut?  No.  He needs to be back for OU.  MSU is a much shorter timeline, and possibly unwise.

If it were me I would let Arch go at OU if it looks like he's struggling then I would stick Ewers in and let him close out.

I like the element of surprise but I realize this is probably not the most popular opinion.

4 hours ago, Slacks said:

We lost to them last year when QE was playing. Never take those fux lightly.

I get it and yes the suck but this team feels closer to 2022 than 2023 and I want Arch Madness to get meaningful reps while selling Georgia a story.  Hell I'd run Arch out in series 1 against Georgia and then let Quinn take back over (as long as he is playing well)

10 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

No, I asked if he was serious because it seemed unlikely. Then he tried defining it as taking over for a while. 

It’s like you’re new to the Internet. Or maybe projecting. Discussing something doesn’t mean someone’s panties are in a wad. But, bringing up a conversation that ended hours ago might. 

If you even start to put yourself asleep while attempting a post, you might have gone off on a boring tangent. If you use that rule of thumb, you’ll be helping us all out a little. 

“Well, ackshually, the use of the term of ‘rule of thumb’ offends me due to the origins … zzzz … zzzz”

Just now, closetojumping said:

If you even start to put yourself asleep while attempting a post, you might have gone off on a boring tangent. If you use that rule of thumb, you’ll be helping us all out a little. 

“Well, ackshually, the use of the term of ‘rule of thumb’ offends me due to the origins … zzzz … zzzz”

Yet here you are. 

Hint: If it bores you, stop responding. It will fade into the past rather than bringing the topic back to the top. 

39 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Yet here you are. 

Hint: If it bores you, stop responding. It will fade into the past rather than bringing the topic back to the top. 

You have whined about the Wally Pipp stuff in at least 3 threads and with multiple posts. Get fucked on trying to put the perpetuation on me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1