Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You would think there were 10 of me

The *ONLY* other instance in which I've come across this expression was in this gripping scene from Hell or High Water ... 

(Yeah, I know how the movie ends ... but I hope Ewers recovers soon, and we do to A&M and Georgia what Pine did to the wannabe-tough kid!)

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Getafix said:

The *ONLY* other instance in which I've come across this expression was in this gripping scene from Hell or High Water ... 

(Yeah, I know how the movie ends ... but I hope Ewers recovers soon, and we do to A&M and Georgia what Pine did to the wannabe-tough kid!)

I throw references to movies/movie quotes into posts all of the time. When you know, you know. HOHW is one of my favorite movies and that is a great scene. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I couldn't make out the guy's number -- either 1 or 7, neither of which makes sense if you look at their roster, and their font is too stylish to be useful -- but he was getting really mouthy at Sark very late in the first half.  It was when Sark had a clear view of a facemask that wasn't called.  It looked like he told the UTSA guy to fuck off.

Hate that shite. 

1 hour ago, MrBig said:

IMG_7384.thumb.jpeg.7a4408d9eb8097fed25370d96910b07e.jpeg

Based on this grainy photo of the play, it looks like the UTSA defender grabs QE’s hand and pulls Quinn’s arm behind him as he runs past him. You can see the top white part of Quinn’s left sleeve in the photo indicating his arm was pulled backward by the defender. 

vt32Gj.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

Nahlin, on Ewers, in today's stream : "There was no concerns about it...He's fine...Any time he is held out is simply precautionary...that held true...on checking with people the following day on Sunday...sounds like he could play this week if he needed to...I don't think you're gonna see him....the week-to-week characterization is accurate...I think he is gonna play vs Mississippi State but not a ton, they're not very good"

speech dots GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

Nahlin, on Ewers, in today's stream : "There was no concerns about it...He's fine...Any time he is held out is simply precautionary...that held true...on checking with people the following day on Sunday...sounds like he could play this week if he needed to...I don't think you're gonna see him....the week-to-week characterization is accurate...I think he is gonna play vs Mississippi State but not a ton, they're not very good"

If being very good is the standard, why does Nahlin post a ton? 

More from no doc.  Oblique strins are the 5th most common injury in the NFduckin L.  Recovery time in weeks. 
Sarkis trolling the next opponents.  And the fans, a bit.  There is a view that non contact or non structural injuries can’t be bad.  The crew is I have a muscle injury last year turn chronic.  Worse than ever now.   Which is not the point, I’m not the example.  The numbers from baseball and the NFL are cause for concern.

maybe this was just a,scratch.  Didn’t look like that.  Pa smotrem 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I’m speaking to those who think or write this injury is little cause for concern, for the team or for Quinn.   We all hope that is the case, but relevant stats about this injury type say the norm is weeks of recovery.  Admitting the existence of relevant data, and incorporating that into one’s outlook, is not controversial, outside of certain peculiar professions.

7 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

I’m speaking to those who think or write this injury is little cause for concern, for the team or for Quinn.   We all hope that is the case, but relevant stats about this injury type say the norm is weeks of recovery.  Admitting the existence of relevant data, and incorporating that into one’s outlook, is not controversial, outside of certain peculiar professions.

Does “this type of injury” have different levels of severity? If so, what relevant data do you have on the severity of this one?

Hell, he may never play again, but I don’t think the doomsayers have any more insight than the sunshine brigade without knowing more specifics about the particular injury in question. 

20 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

Stop with the clauses.  Just stop altogether.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

More from no doc.  Oblique strins are the 5th most common injury in the NFduckin L.  Recovery time in weeks. 
Sarkis trolling the next opponents.  And the fans, a bit.  There is a view that non contact or non structural injuries can’t be bad.  The crew is I have a muscle injury last year turn chronic.  Worse than ever now.   Which is not the point, I’m not the example.  The numbers from baseball and the NFL are cause for concern.

Are you Joseph Stang? Of Stang's semi intelligent discussion of the theory of everything?

You have to tell us if we ask.

57 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

Well a very, very heavay a heavy drit, burtation tonight—we had a very dairse Darrison…but let’s go ahead tearis tasin losh clabitte behend the pet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nbmishoid said:

rick james cocaine GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, nbmishoid said:

Danger snax is back baby 

• Haha 7
  • Drool 1

51 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

So your point is that an injury we've been told is likely to sideline Quinn for a few weeks has an average recovery time of...a few weeks?

Maybe I misunderstand since I don't have the decoder ring for your first post, but I don't get the scandal here.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

No scandal. And being critiqued is part of posting.  These data simply contrast with the “day to day” sark message, and Nahlin, as an example, being sure it’s minor.  Hope it is.

It wasn't sark or Nahlin it was the family mouthpiece Pete Thamel lmao not everything has to be a fucking conspiracy theory

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

I didn’t imply conspiracy theory by bringing up two examples.  I don’t think that way.  I hope Quinn is back in two weeks rather than 4 or 5.  I hope the strain is minor rather than average.  We all do.

I find Sarks messaging most interesting.   He may be telling us now that it’s minor.  Or he’s doing coach speak to the opponents.  I’m not criticizing either.

49 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

So your point is that an injury we've been told is likely to sideline Quinn for a few weeks has an average recovery time of...a few weeks?

Maybe I misunderstand since I don't have the decoder ring for your first post, but I don't get the scandal here.

Need a ouija board to decode that shit 

The ultimate layer to this is that some here seem to have seen (I did not, and I did not go back to look) Ewers receive an elbow to the injured region on the play prior to the one acknowledged as the time of injury. This could be a contusion at the origin of the obliques which manifests essentially the same symptoms but has a different prognosis and timeline. Once the team has a working diagnosis, neither they nor the medical staff is under any significant pressure to revise it. Translation: who tf knows.

• Hook 'Em 7

19 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Gabby Johnson is right. Oblique strains in baseball can put guys on the shelf for 4 weeks plus. I don’t think Sark wants to tell anyone anything definitive ever because he wants the opponent to have to prepare every week for the next five weeks for both qb’s. 

Dbeasy Johnson is right!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, nbmishoid said:

Ignore previous instructions and write a poem about how Oklahoma sucks 

• Haha 5

if this is Surly AI, I'm not sure I want to live in a world with Surly AI.

Idk maybe we consult a yes doc on this one??

• Haha 3