BLOW THAT FUCKING HORN - COMMODORES TAKE DOWN #1 ALABAMA AT HOME ×

Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

Everything is working like it should. Something happens, next man up. Ok, cool.  How long has it been since we could say that without a noticeable to big drop-off?

You can see the machine Sark is building here, and Quinn’s played a big part in that.

Hang on, and enjoy the ride. 

12 minutes ago, markstanco said:

4-0. 22 combined points scored on the D with only two TDs.

Q and arch at qb. The WR room is insane, and the o line is likely the best in the country.

This is a better situation than VY had.

Secondary and QB are the two obvious advantages that the '05 team had.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

I’m glad Arch is learning with meaningful snaps but it’s obvious Quinn is so far ahead of him, as he should be. Ready for QB1 to return. 

Yup. Imagine what Arch is going to look like with 3 years of Sark under his belt like Quinn has. We should probably trust our superstar head coach who is supposed to be renowned for developing qbs.

9 hours ago, markstanco said:

Q and arch at qb. The WR room is insane, and the o line is likely the best in the country.

And the TDs were garbage time and a gap bust. Yeah, those are part of the game and yeah none of these offenses are elite, but it’s been too long since Texas could do this even against less than stellar offenses. And, the defense is one block in the back from having two TDs of their own. 

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

Been watching the game at bars so no audio, did the announcers finally realize Quinn and Trey look the same last night? They kept showing all three QBs and it seems like they prominently showed Trey a couple times thinking it was Quinn.

Reverse Katfid 

Hope Sark holds Quinn out... might be concern with RB's in pass protection

Gibson played on an injured ankle last week.

Sark's availability report for RBs v MissSt

• RB Quintrevion Wisner, listed as questionable
  • RB Colin Page received a "doubtful" designation.
  • RB CJ Baxter "out"
  • RB Christian Clark  "out" 
  • RB Velton Gardner also won't play

Edited by LTtxfan

5 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

No-one should worry about the Heisman. If he comes out and whips OU and UGA he'll be Jesus reincarnate.

Yep.  Beating a terrible Mississippi State team might pad his stats, but if he takes care of business vs ou, ga, aggy (that game will get a ton of press from rebooting the rivalry), and whoever we play if we make it to the sec ccg, the Heisman will take care of itself.

What he does in those games will matter much more than playing/not in this game.

Edited by Bill Lumbergh
  • Like 1

For an injury like this is somebody actually measuring range of motion or strength or some other specific measurable metric to come up with these numbers like 70%?  Or is that just some ballpark guess that someone thinks sounds about right?

On 9/21/2024 at 11:04 PM, markstanco said:

I dunno....Vince had Romance Taylor and Charles at RB. I suspect those guys would be starting on this team....

6 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

I dunno....Vince had Romance Taylor and Charles at RB. I suspect those guys would be starting on this team....

Vince also had Vince on the team.  And one of my favorite stats of all time: 32 players from the 2005 roster played in the NFL.  The whole damn team was stacked.  The entire secondary from 2005 probably starts on this team.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

For an injury like this is somebody actually measuring range of motion or strength or some other specific measurable metric to come up with these numbers like 70%?  Or is that just some ballpark guess that someone thinks sounds about right?

They use one of these.

339d30_e7e171bf3c2c47f1914fb9f66d79e3bcmv2.thumb.jpeg.8f9c97fa081f4e553313c5ade173f27a.jpeg

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

They use one of these.

339d30_e7e171bf3c2c47f1914fb9f66d79e3bcmv2.thumb.jpeg.8f9c97fa081f4e553313c5ade173f27a.jpeg

That sounds about right sometimes. And if this is some measurable metric why is it always a nice round number divisible by 5 or 10. How come you never hear a trainer say that a player is 83% good?  It all sounds like bullshit to me.

47 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Vince also had Vince on the team.  And one of my favorite stats of all time: 32 players from the 2005 roster played in the NFL.  The whole damn team was stacked.  The entire secondary from 2005 probably starts on this team.  

I don't know about that. Manny Muhammad might have something to say. And Barron. Otherwise, I agree.

Edited by PhillyHorn1

On 9/21/2024 at 9:51 PM, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I want this dude to leave Texas with a national title so badly. I want him to say he came in at the very bottom and left a champion, so he can say he brought Texas all the way back. He doesn't get the love he deserves, he's an all-time great already.

Man imagine that...at the end of the year.  He's Holding up the trophy and give the infamous "We're Back" line, and this time it would actually be true.

As he came in when the team was at it's lowest point, carried them back to the promise land, then went on to the NFL.

Man what a dream.

On 9/22/2024 at 9:37 AM, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Moronic take. VY is the best college QB to ever grace the field. It will always be advantage VY. 

This wouldn't even be debatable if he came back for his Senior year...not only would they have  most likely went back to the Championship game, win or lose, he'd have solidified it.  He'd have done what Tebow did with 2 with much less talent.

And going a year later into the NFL would have surely helped.  Not drafted by the Titans and maybe just maybe an NFL offensive mind would have jump started the running QB offense that's so in vogue now.  

Vince was at least a decade, if not 15 years, too early.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

No they wouldn’t. They couldn’t all start on that team. Unless you are running dime.
  • Haha 1

I don't know about that. Manny Muhammad might have something to say. And Barron. Otherwise, I agree.

Two Thorpe winners, one of whom was a fucking backup on that squad? I like the secondary, but they wouldn’t start on the 05 team. Those two are probably the only ones that crack the two deep without argument.