Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

I’m confident he’ll play a lot better next week, but man he is one of the more maddening QBs we’ve had. He’ll make throws that nobody else in Texas history could, then miss a throw that Tyrone Swoopes wouldn’t. It’s flabbergasting.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2024 at 8:28 PM, gurt said:

I’m confident he’ll play a lot better next week, but man he is one of the more maddening QBs we’ve had. He’ll make throws that nobody else in Texas history could, then miss a throw that Tyrone Swoopes wouldn’t. It’s flabbergasting.

Negged for mentioning them in the same sentence.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

for me, if quinn and auburn play well, we win. i’m really looking at quinn to have a signature performance today. i truly believe that we have the best defense in the country and one of the handful of best offenses in america, with the best offensive coach and play caller. i think that if quinn doesn’t get hurt earlier this year that he’s probably the heisman ga or it’s right now and Texas is more like an 8 or 9 point favorite today.

that said he did get hurt, and he did look shaky vs ou. if he comes out sailing balls over open receivers and turning it over then this uga team could pounce and make it a real uphill battle. but if he comes out the way he was playing before the injury, i really think he could put his stamp on not only this signature win, but on this season. we have a championship caliber team, and this is a playoff caliber matchup, and if QE does his thing today then we send the message that we are THE team to beat, and that QE is in fact the best qb in america. i believe in QE, and i think today could be the moment where he permanently turns the corner and becomes heisman winning, top 10 pick type QB he was always supposed to be.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Derka said:

for me, if quinn and auburn play well, we win. i’m really looking at quinn to have a signature performance today. i truly believe that we have the best defense in the country and one of the handful of best offenses in america, with the best offensive coach and play caller. i think that if quinn doesn’t get hurt earlier this year that he’s probably the heisman ga or it’s right now and Texas is more like an 8 or 9 point favorite today.

that said he did get hurt, and he did look shaky vs ou. if he comes out sailing balls over open receivers and turning it over then this uga team could pounce and make it a real uphill battle. but if he comes out the way he was playing before the injury, i really think he could put his stamp on not only this signature win, but on this season. we have a championship caliber team, and this is a playoff caliber matchup, and if QE does his thing today then we send the message that we are THE team to beat, and that QE is in fact the best qb in america. i believe in QE, and i think today could be the moment where he permanently turns the corner and becomes heisman winning, top 10 pick type QB he was always supposed to be.

Bro, chill. Quinn always shows up for big games, and the best news is Wisner has only had 1 fumble and it was recovered by a relentless Bolden. We have the best talent in the county. It's crazy to think everyone thought we would be fucked when Baxter went down, and all we did was reload. We have the best WR's in the country, with only tOSU coming in second. We are scary when we get motivated. 

1 hour ago, Derka said:

i truly believe that we have the best defense in the country

Eh, we haven't exactly faced any offensive juggernauts.  Carson Beck will be our biggest test at QB to date.  I remain hopeful the issues they've had around him will cause problems for the 'dawgs.  And, Beck hasn't exactly been lighting it up this year, either.

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Eh, we haven't exactly faced any offensive juggernauts.  Carson Beck will be our biggest test at QB to date.  I remain hopeful the issues they've had around him will cause problems for the 'dawgs.  And, Beck hasn't exactly been lighting it up this year, either.

3 touchdowns allowed in 6 games is ridiculous regardless of how you slice it.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Derka said:

100%

1 hour ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Bro, chill. Quinn always shows up for big games,

like i said, if he hadn’t just missed a month of time i wouldn’t expect anything other than his best. but he did miss four weeks, and he was not his best vs OU. we haven’t really been tested yet. we’ll be tested today. besides which, i just said that i believe in him and think that’s he’s going to lead us to a signature win, so it’s not like im down on him or anything.

Edited by Derka
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Derka said:

like i said, if he hadn’t just missed a month of time i wouldn’t expect anything other than his best. but he did miss four weeks, and he was not his best vs OU. we haven’t really been tested yet. we’ll be tested today. besides which, i just said that i believe in him and think that’s he’s going to lead us to a signature win, so it’s not like im down on him or anything.

Fair

He's always had bad footwork, he's always been scared to take a hit, he's always had questionable accuracy and terrible touch, and he's always needed too long to throw.

Combine the above with whatever funk he's in ... and he's the weak link on this team. It was painfully obvious last week, but the Surly groupthink was too "hurrdurr that's our QB!" to permit such talk.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

He's always had bad footwork, he's always been scared to take a hit, he's always had questionable accuracy and terrible touch, and he's always needed too long to throw.

Combine the above with whatever funk he's in ... and he's the weak link on this team. It was painfully obvious last week, but the Surly groupthink was too "hurrdurr that's our QB!" to permit such talk.

His accuracy has been fine. Some of you guys have been waiting for him to have an off game so you can run in here. lol

I was told Quinn ALWAYS shows up in big games and was flamed for saying he didn't throw catchable passes in the Washington game last year to win the game when we had the ball last. We have some dumb fans who are either blind or let their fandom cloud their judgment. Ewers is a very limited QB who needs a lot of things to go his way to play well. Now it appears that he has lost all confidence in his ability to throw long balls.

Last year he missed hitting Worthy on many occasions, and we thought Worthy wasn't trying hard enough. I think Quinn just doesn't have a good touch on his long balls and passes into the end zone. He is so scared to throw picks is that he would rather throw uncatchable passes. I don't know if we can win a championship with that mindset. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

His accuracy has been fine. Some of you guys have been waiting for him to have an off game so you can run in here. lol

Waiting? I was outspokenly critical last week ... and two years ago, pretty much from the start of his career. He probably has the strongest arm in Texas QB history, but he's not a reliable passer. Accuracy and consistency have always been issues ... and it all starts with his base. His footwork is terrible and he throws off his back foot because he's afraid to step into a throw and/or take the hit.

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Waiting? I was outspokenly critical last week ... and two years ago, pretty much from the start of his career. He probably has the strongest arm in Texas QB history, but he's not a reliable passer. Accuracy and consistency have always been issues ... and it all starts with his base. His footwork is terrible and he throws off his back foot because he's afraid to step into a throw and/or take the hit.

All 2023 and up until last week he has been solid. Some of you guys never liked him so you've been quiet waiting for him to have a bad game.

• Hook 'Em 1

Pretty rough he got pulled in a game like this. That doesn't seem like him, he seemed to be up for games like this.

Hopefully he is still having nagging injuries.

Though this is kind of a weird game so far for the offense. Everybody seems to be covered and they seem to be blitzing on every passing play. Hard to be successful in a situation like that. But still...

Hopefully in the second half we figure out.

a big thing about him is that QE inspires zero confidence with his body language. he gets hit or he makes a mistake and he puts his head down, walks all slowly, and looks defeated. he’s done this throughout his career, by now we know that this is who he is. it’s the thing i dislike most about him- he neither puts the team on his back and leads them to victory, nor does he inspire the team with his leadership and mentality. just not a leader of men. 

Edited by Derka
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Derka said:

a big thing about him is that QE inspires zero confidence with his body language. he gets hit or makes a mistake and hi outs his head down, walks all slowly, and looks defeated. he’s done this throughout his career, by now we know that this is who he is. it’s the thing i dislike most about him- he neither puts the team on his back and leads them to victory, nor does he inspire the team with his leadership and mentality. just not a leader of men. 

There's no one single thing.  Every positive has a negative.  As mentioned above, he's frustrating as fuck.

He's not a VY, obviously, or Colt, or even an Ehlinger in the leadership respect.

I've always been suspicious of the guy for skipping his senior year, then his Texas-OSU-Texas shenanigans.  

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

a big thing about him is that QE inspires zero confidence with his body language. he gets hit or he makes a mistake and he puts his head down, walks all slowly, and looks defeated. he’s done this throughout his career, by now we know that this is who he is. it’s the thing i dislike most about him- he neither puts the team on his back and leads them to victory, nor does he inspire the team with his leadership and mentality. just not a leader of men. 

100% this.
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

He made some absurdly bad throws his first year here. Made card look like Joe montana

Quinn did need a wake up call and he’s responded pretty well to it. That said, I’m not sure how effective he’ll ever be when any throw that’s longer than 25 yards in the air seems to be a poorly educated guess. His feel for the short to medium stuff is elite and his feel for anything deeper is Swoopes-esque. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1