Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

Just now, naija said:

sure, ratings don't matter, except when the players are actually living up to those ratings. all 4 of them will likely be 1st round picks, 3 of them will be the #1-#2 WR off the board in their draft years.

And so will Bond, probably. Same with Wingo. Golden should be 2-3 pick, but it's still close to them. They're not some all-wprld team that's u touchable when it comes to their room. Egbuka is a great and Smith will get there, but Hartline has been doing this for a long time, while Jackson only 2 years and he's already landing top WR's. We'll get there. It takes time and production. Arch will bring that. 

I think a bigger issue with run game is the stupid ass game plan of playing Davis in 2 TE sets the majority of 1H. Dude is avg blocker at best, having him in allowed for uga to play base d with zero concern/discomfort while clogging up the middle. Shoulda been 3 wr sets with helm moved all over. Possibly even more 5 wide sets with quick throws for Quinn to not over think 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

What am I missing? I'm curious. Most of the game has left my brain dead 

Your numbers seem accurate, checking the box.

Might be your tone.  

1 hour ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Runninf 2 RB's that are like 5'10-5.11 who might be 195 and aren't north-south runners was maddening. Did Gibson get any carries?

I love them, but we need Christian Okoye back there waiting to hurt linebackers.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Zero running game is the problem.

That's it.

Yes, but the root cause of that was getting smacked around at the line of scrimmage. 

Game was lost due to issues with both OL and DL. 

Wouldve been nice with more mobile QB who couldve improvised when plays broke down. Or atleast evade a rush. 

• Hook 'Em 1

He literally lost us the game.  I unfortunately called this all week.  I literally said if we get bad Quinn in the first half we lose….   If you don’t think he did I don’t known what to tell you.  17 yards of offense for 1.5 quarters….  Game was over after that.    He can’t hit passes downfield yards to save his life.   Don’t think that’s true?  He ranked 78th in passes over 20 yards last year…..   

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Derka said:

none of that has anything to do with the facts about quinn that were laid out in my post. the o line having a subpar half has nothing to do with quinn ewers’ career long failings.

The same people who have always disliked Quinn show up in these threads as soon as it looks like he had a bad game. All of yall see what you wanna see so it really makes no shit if you point it out or not. 

They were playing press man. When you press nothing quick is available unless you run man-busting routes and we weren't. If forces the qb to hold onto the ball and that's a bad combo with how our o line was playing. There are very few teams in the country that can do that to us and even that team was only able to do it for a half. The real story here was our inability to run the football but as I said the people who dislike a guy have been swallowing their hate and pretending to be on board since 2022, just waiting for their chance to "I told you so" as soon as there was a crack in the armor. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Seriously. I only remember Bond get 2 looks, Wingo 2 looks,Golden I can't remember, but it was low af. and Bolden 3. Moore for targeted for 2-3, and Quinn is seeing Ghosts. Beck gets the ball out in 2.3 seconds, all while Quinn is holding the ball for 6-7. No wonder he's taking sacks. 

To not only barely get the ball into your most explosive players hands is malpractice, it's egregious. Those screen passes were going nowhere and Sark just kept dialing them up over and over, and getting nothing. Also running a 5'10 185lb dude up the middle repeatedly was beyond moronic. That Georgia line was shutting him down, but please, by all means, square leg round hole it, Sark. Dumbass. 

I would argue we're on equal ground with Ohio State with WR'S. 

I guess we all see what we want to see. You’re special.

4 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

And so will Bond, probably. Same with Wingo. Golden should be 2-3 pick, but it's still close to them. They're not some all-wprld team that's u touchable when it comes to their room. Egbuka is a great and Smith will get there, but Hartline has been doing this for a long time, while Jackson only 2 years and he's already landing top WR's. We'll get there. It takes time and production. Arch will bring that. 

You guys has the confused. Good after the catch doesn't mean good route runners. Georgia was out there pressing and rerouting receivers. That causes your QB to hold the ball. When you can stone a running game in base D. Play press man. And get home quickly with a pass rush. The opposing QB is gonna struggle. This game is on Sark. I think he thought he had more than he does. 

2 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

He literally lost us the game.  I unfortunately called this all week.  I literally said if we get bad Quinn in the first half we lose….   If you don’t think he did I don’t known what to tell you.  17 yards of offense for 1.5 quarters….  Game was over after that.    He can’t hit passes downfield yards to save his life.   Don’t think that’s true?  He ranked 78th in passes over 20 yards last year…..   

it’s wild that we sit here and watch the other guy play just a shitty if not worse and still win the game yet we blame our QB for the loss

• Hook 'Em 2

Unfortunately my biggest worry was on full blown display last night.

Quinn has mental toughness issues at times. We can talk injuries, throwing style, O line, D rush, etc…but I’m talking inside his head.

You can see it in his eyes when it’s happening.

Love the kid. But damn….

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

it’s wild that we sit here and watch the other guy play just a shitty if not worse and still win the game yet we blame our QB for the loss

One guy was coming out cold in the first big game of his career, the other is a multi year starter with many big games and pre game talk of 1st QB pick taken in draft.

The fact that Sark actually benched him to get his mind right sure makes the argument possible.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

One guy was coming out cold in the first big game of his career, the other is a multi year starter with many big games and pre game talk of 1st QB pick taken in draft.

The fact that Sark actually benched him to get his mind right sure makes the argument possible.

You misunderstood me. I’m talking about Beck not Arch

• Hook 'Em 1

My 2 cents on Quinn,

I think he’s traumatized from the last few years of being hurt and that’s why he’s scared in the pocket. He afraid it’s gonna be worse. He seems like he’s healthy but he’s scared to get hurt. I’m sure he wants to get out of here and to the draft but that’s probably in the back of his mind especially getting hurt his last year and trying to make it out unscathed. This is not the right mindset to have. Especially if we are trying to win a championship. Sam Ehlinger would never.

1 minute ago, Texaus said:

Curious what the general consensus is… Does Sark make a qb1 change, or let it ride with Quinn 

I was cheering wen he pulled him out, and assumed he would sub in Cole Lourde, but was mortified when he put in Manning. "I was screaming at the TV, "put in Lourde. put in Lourde!!!!!!" 

1 minute ago, Texaus said:

Curious what the general consensus is… Does Sark make a qb1 change, or let it ride with Quinn 

Well, I won't address what he should do. I will address Sarks behavior. He's on record for saying Quinn is our starter. Despite having to sit him v Georgia due to "issues" he started him in the second half.

Sark is very, very head strong and starting Arch would be an admission that his statements about QE being our starter was a mistake.

Hence, I think he starts QE again. It's Vandy who plays a smart if under powered D. They will take the Ou and Georgia plan... 

Quinn will struggle early but we'll probably overcome it due to pure talent.

I hope I'm wrong on the first point and right on the second.

Weird game from Quinn, he looked baffled most of the time. When he's on, he moves around in the pocket, last night he just stood there. UGA had him throwing off his back foot a lot.too, which is an o line issue. 

All things considered,  UGAs game plan and execution was lethal, but still, it was as if Quinn was in a fog. 

• Hook 'Em 4

9 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I do wonder whether Quinn is more injured than they’ve disclosed, much like last year. His tentative movements and lack of accuracy downfield could indicate he’s still hurt. But regardless, even a healthy Quinn has issues. 

Sometimes I think this may be true, but then it makes no sense they don't turn to an uninjured Arch longer. 

Everything QE did against Michigan didn't happen last night.  I think it's because Michigan was Ina zone defense most of the entire night so Quinn knew easily where rhey play was supposed to go. OU and GA mixing up man and zone mid play seems to be confusing the hell out of ewers who I thought as a third year starter would not be happening as badly as it has been. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Beck evaded pressure, made a few good downfield throws, and ran/scrambled a few times.

Ewers was so fucking bad he absolutely got outplayed by Beck who had 175 yards on 41 attempts and 3 INTs.

Did Ewers even one time step up or roll out and make a play? Every single time pressure got near him, play was over. 

Quinn had two TD passes, a dropped TD by Wisner, and TD on a two point conversion.

The other guy had zero TDs and 3 ints. 

One guy had time in the pocket and a running game. The other guy had pressure in his face all game and WRs not getting separation 

4 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Gerry referred to Quinn's body language and performance vs jawja as "Mullet Quinn"

Feet were terrible, and several throws were off-platform.   Not stepping into the pocket and seeing open WRs -- just regressing again, abandoning fundamentals and struggling vs both blOU and jawja.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

I don't like hating on a player, or really anyone for that matter.  So I will make excuses or find rationalizations that let me avoid making some negative personal conclusion about someone.

Whatever the reasons for Ewers' struggles last night and in the past, the biggest problem is that we never really know which player we're going to get.  This is especially true after some kind of injury, that seems to occur annually. After three years as a starter under the same coach, that's really disheartening.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

It didn't matter who was playing QB, the OL got completely dominated.

No running game.

Sark got schooled by Glenn Schumann and we got the shit kicked out of us.

We'll still be top 5-8, on to Vandy.

You could have put peak Tom Brady or Mahomes back there and they would have looked bad.  The OL was just manhandled last night.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Quinn had two TD passes, a dropped TD by Wisner, and TD on a two point conversion.

The other guy had zero TDs and 3 ints. 

One guy had time in the pocket and a running game. The other guy had pressure in his face all game and WRs not getting separation 

Did you watch the game?

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

The OL was a sieve, but Ewers was also flat out bad.

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Hard to comprehend how it has regressed this badly this fast. The competition level doesn’t dictate many baseline things you should be seeing game after game that Ewers showed through the first 3 games this year and really most of last year.

A lot of what he has put on film the last two weeks is worse than some of his freshman year stuff.

Georgia should have easily picked him off at least 2 more times in the 4th quarter. The second half was no better than the first half for him regardless of some stat padding.

This is 100% spot on