Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

8 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I tortured myself and listened to Georgia post game Interviews and they said they studied film and knew exactly what moves Ewers would make. They knew where’s he step, where he’d look and where he’d throw.  

The book is out and that’s not fixable in 4 weeks. 

that is what every team says when they have a good defensive performance.  it means zero.  also, Texas didn't want to be there Saturday, amirite?

Also, our D could say the same thing about Beck.  Hell, he played worse than Quinn but nobody on our D is talking about that because we lost. If you boil it down their DE's were better than ours and our QB fumbles cost us the game.  Everything else was about a stalemate.

I'd love to get another crack at them.  there is nothing special about Georgia that should scare anyone.

• Hook 'Em 8

1 hour ago, Dark Horse said:

image.thumb.png.89c063cf1a197223678d841126d9f322.png

Why is this missing MSU? 

18 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Nice trend.

image.png.76f59eb1e741f62d3ab9508fde853358.png

Not really surprising though.

Healthy Quinn > Arch > Not fully healthy Quinn. 

Either Quinn is still hurt and being hampered by the oblique or we need to move to Arch. Only the coaching staff knows which one it is. My guess is the first one. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 2

I dont think Ewers is hurt at all. Why do yall keep saying that? He doesnt wince, hold any part of his abdomen, and displays ZERO body language of being hurt

Now, maybe he is afraid of reinjuring it or getting hit? Thats more plausible. Especially since he played like this in the past post injury

6 minutes ago, Atticus said:

@Burt Macklin

Quinn didn’t play against MSU

Right. Not sure how I forgot that. 

et GIF

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If he is still that hurt and it's causing him to play like this then he has no business playing.

Sort of agree, but it’s not easy to tell when that injury is 100% recovered. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

et GIF

There are 2 parts to recovering from an injury. 1st part is being medically recovered. The 2nd part is mental, to where you trust your body. Hard to know where Quinn is that recovery, but I definitely know Quinn is throwing almost exclusively with is arm.

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Went back and watched every Ewers throw in regular speed and slowed down, and I'm certain now he doesn't have the yips or some mental issue. That's a guy who isn't healthy. 

On all of his throws he's afraid or unable to torque the torso. When you watch closely you can see him square up so he doesn't have to torque, then he throws with his arm. That's why his throws the last two weeks look weak and floaty. He's not doing a proper plant and torque motion to get the ball out with force. He's clearly not able to throw the ball properly. 

That makes sense as QBs don't just regress from what he showed the first few weeks to this for no reason. This is a physical issue, and now the question I have is why did Sark play him. After he looked like that against OU, and clearly can't torque properly to throw, why did he play against Georgia? I'd even question why he played against OU if he wasn't showing the ability to throw with proper mechanics the two weeks prior. 

He should have been recovering and Arch should have kept playing. I can only think that Sark, being a former QB himself, wants to do anything other than potentially detail his QB's career. And I respect that, but when the guy is showing he can't throw he can't be playing in games. 

this is pure, uncut, copium.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBig said:

I remember Quinn throwing a nearly identical INT last year against OU. Quinn can’t make reads if the pre/post snap coverage changes. It’s year 3. The injury doesn’t make you have shitty reads.

That is a nasty play by the Georgia defender, great disguise. I am going to guess this was part of Kirby's game prep. It begs the question is the book on Sark/Ewers written. Seems the world is aware that Sark likes to get Ewers going with the quick game in the flats early. Teams are going to prep for that.

12 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

That is a nasty play by the Georgia defender, great disguise. I am going to guess this was part of Kirby's game prep. It begs the question is the book on Sark/Ewers written. Seems the world is aware that Sark likes to get Ewers going with the quick game in the flats early. Teams are going to prep for that.

Quinn has thrown this before where the route on the right side gets jumped by a defender but didn’t become an INT because it was dropped. This is nothing new and clearly other teams know this.

Quinn has a really bad tell where he slaps the football with his left hand immediately before he throws it. It’s pretty obvious and I’m sure defenders use this to time their jumps to slap the ball away. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Worst QB performance since Hudson Card in Arkansas. 

Quinn was the anti clutch, he's not moving in a pocket that exists but isn't just huge etc etc etc. 

All that being said, Sark showed his stubbornness again and showed why in big time games you need an OC and a Head Coach. It's not all the time, but this is a game where Sark needed to manage things as an entire team a lot better and focus less on fixing a broken offensive gameplan. 

Abandoning the run was really bad. I still can't believe Gibson had 0 touches and Blue had 0 true carries (all behind los passes).

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Regarding Quinn’s facial expressions, he just looks like that. He always looks like that. Anytime he’s not smiling he’s got that deer in the headlights look. I don’t really think it means much, it’s just what he looks like.  

Yeah, the body language police always make me roll my eyes. What do you expect a dude to look like when he is getting his shit kicked in? Of course when he’s playing well like the Michigan game he is doing all sorts of dances and goofy stuff on the sideline and everyone loved it.

His body language and demeanor had no impact on his performance and won’t be the reason he is benched if it comes to that. That is who he is. It’s a football game. No one is jumping around on the sidelines with smiles when you are down 23-0.

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

Worst QB performance since Hudson Card in Arkansas. 

Quinn was the anti clutch, he's not moving in a pocket that exists but isn't just huge etc etc etc. 

All that being said, Sark showed his stubbornness again and showed why in big time games you need an OC and a Head Coach. It's not all the time, but this is a game where Sark needed to manage things as an entire team a lot better and focus less on fixing a broken offensive gameplan. 

Abandoning the run was really bad. I still can't believe Gibson had 0 touches and Blue had 0 true carries (all behind los passes).

I think it is time to adjust the opening script to get a little more balanced run/pass. You have a struggling QB and seems every opening script is 60/70% pass. I think the only time Sark got to around 50% was Arch's first start. I feel like the most unexpected thing Sark could is to start with 2 inside runs on the opening series

Edited by Codaxx

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Yeah, the body language police always make me roll my eyes. What do you expect a dude to look like when he is getting his shit kicked in? Of course when he’s playing well like the Michigan game he is doing all sorts of dances and goofy stuff on the sideline and everyone loved it.

His body language and demeanor had no impact on his performance and won’t be the reason he is benched if it comes to that. That is who he is. It’s a football game. No one is jumping around on the sidelines with smiles when you are down 23-0.

Pretty wide gap between dancing around on the sideline, and pouting by yourself. But yeah, that's just who he is. He's not Vince or Sam.

6 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I think it is time to adjust the opening script to get a little more balanced run/pass. You have a struggling QB and seems every opening script is 60/70% pass. I think the only time Sark got to around 50% was Arch's first start. I feel like the most unexpected thing Sark could is to start with 2 inside runs on the opening series

Imo the script is limited with Quinn because he’s so bad on deep throws. Knowing how Sark likes to call games I bet he’d love more shots deep early 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MrBig said:

I remember Quinn throwing a nearly identical INT last year against OU. Quinn can’t make reads if the pre/post snap coverage changes. It’s year 3. The injury doesn’t make you have shitty reads.

Golden seemed to accurately read the coverage as zone and sat down in the soft spot between the defenders.  If Ewers hits him in the numbers it is a modest gain.  Ewers threw the ball anticipating Golden would keep moving/leading him into the defender.  Nice disguise by Georgia and all, but hardly ground breaking and something you'd expect an upperclass QB and WR to handle.  For all of Herbstreits hyperventilating, the corner immediately opened his shoulders on the snap and was already facing the middle of the field ready to close when Ewers was getting ready to throw.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, someguy said:

Golden seemed to accurately read the coverage as zone and sat down in the soft spot between the defenders.  If Ewers hits him in the numbers it is a modest gain.  Ewers threw the ball anticipating Golden would keep moving/leading him into the defender.  Nice disguise by Georgia and all, but hardly ground breaking and something you'd expect an upperclass QB and WR to handle.  For all of Herbstreits hyperventilating, the corner immediately opened his shoulders on the snap and was already facing the middle of the field ready to close when Ewers was getting ready to throw.

Yeah, it wasn't a hard read. It's the short side of the field too, so it isn't like he was covering a lot of ground to squeeze that down there either. 

Lastly, the ball had no zip, if you are going to hit that pass it has to be right in the numbers with enough zip to squeeze it in, even if it's just man. 

21 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Agreed. Not only that, but also the TV producers are looking for those moments to put on the screen. You see them from the losing quarterback in every single football game since forever.  I’m sure Quinn engages and pumps up his guys as much as anybody else but you can’t be that way the entire game. You’re going to have some moments when you just need to sit on the bench and rest up a little bit. The TV producers are going to make sure to capture those moments. Some of these guys that think they can psychoanalyze a quarterback based on a five second clip on the television are tiresome. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Kirby Smart told us his opinion of Ewers when he squib kicked up 23-0, went for a 4th and goal up 8 in the 4th quarter and 4th and 1 from his own 40 with 2 minutes left.

Was just talking to a coworker about that.  The play spoke volumes about the confidence Smart felt in shutting down our offense in the second half.  I'll give him credit for calling that and the message it sent to his own team.  Baller move.

Ewers is just more of a game manager than he is playmaker QB.  The talent around him lifts him up more than he lifts them up.  Without a good running game he's going to be pretty ineffective, and we don't have a strong running game.  Blue has been useless, we way overthought his ability.  Our RBs are just depth backs at this point, nice to have but not who you want carrying the load.

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

et GIF

It isn't hard to see he doesn't plant his front foot and throw with proper mechanics. Seems like it is unlikely he does it in practice but not in games. Would think Sark would be all over that.

10 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Running Blue or Gibson into the LOS for 1 yard would not have helped.

We needed the threat of the QB run to keep the DEs from crashing down and to get the RPO game going. 

Instead we had zero designed QB runs.0

Damn it, RPO does not rely on QB running the ball. The vast majority of RPO's involve a hand off with a pass attached.

2ndly, the Texas run game was not that bad vs Georgia. The issue might have been how little Texas ran. Taking out the QBs, Texas had 17 carries for 64 yards. That is 3.76 per. Not great, but that might have increased if Sark tested it. The opening drive started out with 4 runs for 16 yards. The next drive 4 for 17. 1st 2 drives were at 4.1. Georgia response probably killed any chance of sticking with the run, but I suspect Sark wishes he ran the ball more throughout the game.

Edited by Codaxx

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Imo the script is limited with Quinn because he’s so bad on deep throws. Knowing how Sark likes to call games I bet he’d love more shots deep early 

We actually threw a deep ball early in the first quarter (2nd drive?) that resulted in a DPI call. Our receiver (maybe Bond?) was covered but it got us 15 yards, sadly making it one of our most successful plays of the game. Would have been good to throw deep more to at least try to keep their D honest instead of just letting them jump the shorts routes and hammer our guys on screens.

For the record, it was under thrown and we got the PI call as our receiver slowed and came back for the ball.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Codaxx said:

According to Joel Klatt on his podcast, this was actually a basic error by the receivers and QE. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

According to Joel Klatt on his podcast, this was actually a basic error by the receivers and QE. 

2 things. I liked it. I thought decent work of disguising it. More to the point, I think that was part of Kirby's game prep. Knowing where Sark/Quinn like to attack and putting a little twist to try and take advantage of their propensity to hammer the flats early. Rarely, do DCs game plan for the flats. It is usually an area of the field you are OK giving up and just rallying to make it a short gain.

Edited by Codaxx