Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

22 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Exact same shit huh?

IMG_5042.thumb.jpeg.3bce29de82853b1e2e30484ebe0a1cb5.jpegIMG_5043.thumb.jpeg.f5246251a754ceb734d52f187d9146ae.jpeg

If arch had started and played the whole game it would have been the same shit he showed in the two drives he was in, so yeah same shit. They would have spied him, covered us like a glove and beat our OL’s asses like they were Adrian Peterson’s kids. Georgia was lights out on defense. It is what it is. Quinn struggled for sure and he has to get his shit together for this last stretch. 

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, WinningIsHard said:

If arch had started and played the whole game it would have been the same shit he showed in the two drives he was in, so yeah same shit. They would have spied him, covered us like a glove and beat our OL’s asses like they were Adrian Peterson’s kids. Georgia was lights out on defense. It is what it is. Quinn struggled for sure and he has to get his shit together for this last stretch. 

Nope. Arch is better and can do more than Quinn. Quinn is a scared bitch right now. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Codaxx said:

I wonder how many snaps Wingo got. I was at the game, so you miss a lot live. There was a lot shitty things going on with the offense. WRs were struggling to get separation especially in the first half. I would have loved to more Wingo. Just think Bond and Wingo on the field together would be a different dynamic 

He played a ton and only got 2 balls thrown to him, as well as Moore. Ewers kept sacking himself so he couldn't locate the guys because the just went full fetal. Not even an attempt to run a reverse. 

Golden was open a ton and caught one or two balls for gains and then Ewers never went back to him. Just unbelievable. Sark's game plan was full on stupid. 

Blue had 4 thrown to him, and 2 were good, and the other 2 were out of his reach. Wisner has, I think 2 balls, and he caught one and got tackled, and the other was too high. 

Bond had 1 catch and another that went OOB. I believe and he played like 50 snaps. 2-4 balls for an elite receiver. Think about that. Negligence at its finest. 

I don't recall seeing Cook at all during the game, which is dumb on its own. It's Sark didn't want to try anything new. Didn't play Gibson for whatever reason, even though Blue and Wisner couldn't move the ball through line. It was maddening. 

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Pert OTF

Offensive Snap Counts

Out of 80 possible snaps.

80 – Jake Majors, Kelvin Banks, Hayden Conner, Cameron Williams, Gunnar Helm

71 – Matthew Golden

69 – Quinn Ewers

54 – DJ Campbell

53 – Tre Wisner

50 – Isaiah Bond

45 – DeAndre Moore

38 – Ryan Wingo

31 – Jaydon Blue

27 – Juan Davis

26 – Cole Hutson

11 – Arch Manning

4 – Ryan Niblett

1 – Silas Bolden

– This is the first time this season Gunnar Helm has played every single snap in a game.

– No snaps for Jerrick Gibson, Johntay Cook and only one for Silas Bolden.

– 50 snaps for Isaiah Bond on a bum ankle.

– DJ Campbell gets 67.5% of the snaps at RG, about what we have seen so far this season.

Complete negligence not going back to Helm who didn't drop a pass. Got 2 balls thrown his way and then Ewers just rolled out on the pocket for some reason and then fell down. I can't remember any game from any team where a QB was so scared to step up into the pocket and try to complete a pass. It's a comedy of errors.

15 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Disagree. If Arch had started and settled down he would have stepped into the pocket and wouldn't go full "I'm scared of getting hit". Not to mention he's a dual threat and we saw an early run, but Sark only gave him 4 drives. Absolutely stupid. 

16 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

He played a ton and only got 2 balls thrown to him, as well as Moore. Ewers kept sacking himself so he couldn't locate the guys because the just went full fetal. Not even an attempt to run a reverse. 

Golden was open a ton and caught one or two balls for gains and then Ewers never went back to him. Just unbelievable. Sark's game plan was full on stupid. 

Blue had 4 thrown to him, and 2 were good, and the other 2 were out of his reach. Wisner has, I think 2 balls, and he caught one and got tackled, and the other was too high. 

Bond had 1 catch and another that went OOB. I believe and he played like 50 snaps. 2-4 balls for an elite receiver. Think about that. Negligence at its finest. 

I don't recall seeing Cook at all during the game, which is dumb on its own. It's Sark didn't want to try anything new. Didn't play Gibson for whatever reason, even though Blue and Wisner couldn't move the ball through line. It was maddening. 

LOL. Wisner dropped a potential TD

Bond caught a TD AND a 2pt conversion  

Bond also caught a 9 yard pass on our first offensive snap of the game that was Quinn’s best throw of the night  

What fucking game were you watching?

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Nobody is scared, but my statement still stands. Arrogant to think otherwise.

Just reality. Texas should quickly quite the crowd but it depends on which team shows up.

Fuck aggy, we’re going to ramrod their ass

5 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

LOL. Wisner dropped a potential TD

Bond caught a TD AND a 2pt conversion  

Bond also caught a 9 yard pass on our first offensive snap of the game that was Quinn’s best throw of the night  

What fucking game were you watching?

Man, my mind has been erased from that game, so my apologies. I remember all that toy said..

But I stand by my Wingo, Moore, and Cook ststdmdn8. They 

26 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Disagree. If Arch had started and settled down he would have stepped into the pocket and wouldn't go full "I'm scared of getting hit". Not to mention he's a dual threat and we saw an early run, but Sark only gave him 4 drives. Absolutely stupid. 

Or only 2 drives.  But yeah, I get what you are saying.  Dual threat would have helped.  Mobility and the ability to roll out would have helped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WinningIsHard said:

Well, Arch can run really fast and throw deep passes, similar to Milroe. Quinn was limited to 10 yard passes and zero running. I don't think it would have been the same.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Yesh said:

Here is my conspiracy theory regarding Quinn and Sark.

He is still hurt, but both know that this is his last year and once Arch takes over you can't go back.  They knew he couldn't miss any more games or it would hurt draft stock and why go back to him if Arch is balling.  So they took a chance that he could play through the pain and play good enough to win.  It worked against a shitty OU team but not Georgia.

They must think him being labeled as fragile is a bigger liability, which is why Pete Thamel isn't out there pointing to the injury as an excuse.

My interpretation of this post is that you are saying Sark put Quinn's draft stock over the good of the program.  I'm not saying you are right, or wrong, just that your take has blowback if it's true.

13 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

i posted all of last year that sark was clearly limiting his playbook due to quinn’s many inadequacies, and got cussed out for it.  i said that if we had caleb williams, jayden daniels, michael penix, or bo nix that we’d be putting up video game numbers on offense, and i got laughed at with a bunch of sarcastic replies about “our sophomore qb” not being as good as seniors who would be high draft picks. that, despite the fact that this same crowd had always insisted that QE was heisman/top 10 pick material.

well, QE is now heading down the back stretch of his third year with the QB whisperer, and if quinn is actually better than his redshirt freshman backup it’s only because he’s got more experience. and that’s a solid “if”. 

and on a serious note, the way that i was treated and spoken to last year for having an opinion that people didn’t want to hear, an opinion that pretty much everyone now agrees with- the shit’s actually not cool, and it’s happened more times than i can count over the years. if i make a long, well thought out post about why chris beard is a coaching god who’s going to resurrect the hoops program then everyone loves it. and why shouldn’t they? i have awesome takes across the board, duh.

however, if i do the exact same thing and my opinion is something you don’t want to hear (QE, sam ehlinger, shaka smart, jarrett allen, like 7 different tv shows, etc) then i have to deal with real deal, from the heart, vile personal attacks and vitriol, again, because my benign, non-combative opinion upsets you. more often than not we ffwd a year or two and all of you are now all on my side anyway (remember when y’all tagged bob and asked him to ban me for saying that later seasons of game of thrones weren’t good? how’d that turn out in the end?). with this in mind i’d just like to ask:

can y’all please stop doing that? not a joke. please stop with the real life hate, and vitriol, and mental health and fat related insults, all because i don’t think that a qb is as good as you do. for real. if i come after you then you have every right to let me have it right back. but if you simply don’t like my opinion, i really don’t need you ruining my day with your hate. so if y’all could stop doing that, i’d really, genuinely appreciate it.

Edited by Derka
  • Hook 'Em 4

12 hours ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Don’t forget poor coaching and lack of development. Because it is that too.

quinn ewers is an outlier and sark has earned his reputation as a QB/offensive genius over decades of coaching at the very highest levels. the kid who skipped a year of HS and showed up to college like a fat, slovenly trailer park boy isn’t panning out and your take on it is that sark can’t coach. that’s certainly a take, i guess.

Edited by Derka

20 hours ago, Derka said:

Thatguy, you fill a need here- plenty of people on this site need to always hear that everything is fine, that Player A or Team B is secretly really good despite what all of our eyeballs are telling us. they need someone “who knows what he’s talking about” to literally post nothing but, “player a (in this case quinn ewers) is perfect, he’s amazing, and that’s why you’ll never hear me say a single bad word about him!” but don’t kid yourself into thinking that you are capable of being even remotely objective on this subject. 

I say this with a lot of love Derka. You know this. You tend to fly off the handle and need a bro to reel you back in. So that's why I said what I said.

This isn't about thinking Ewers is perfect. It's just the opposite. My daughter's high school vball team has 8 committed players and yet they still managed to lose games this years. All it takes is the right team, an off day, a bad attitude, or the wrong gameplan. We were never going undefeated in the SEC Derka. Some of us still had our Big12 goggles on. We assumed, because it used to be true, that we were inherently better than other teams. However, teams like Georgia have been on this "best team in the country" journey way longer than us. Georgia SHOULD never lose and SHOULD have won 3 or 4 trophies in a row but they can't stay focused. Arrests. Car crashes and deaths. Complacency. Even with all that they've still only allowed themselves to lose only 2 games over the last 3 years, both to Bama. We were the perfect thing to get them laser focused. A relatively unknown Blue Blood looking to come in here and take over the conference, that had beaten them solidly in a bowl game and bragged about it.

Quinn is, just like everyone else, not perfect. Bijan would often dance a little too much instead of hit the hole. Worthy got re-routed way too often. Even VY, the best college player I've ever seen, struggled from the pocket some games. We scored 0 points vs OU, almost lost to Kansas, and were down 1000 points to OSU. The measure of a player is how frequently they are good, not if they are perfect. In our lifetime Texas has been exactly as good as it's QB play. If any fanbase should appreciate Quinn it should be us. We've been wandering in the desert in large part because we couldn't get a Quinn Ewers. Now that we have one we already don't appreciate him and are causing another Applewhite-Simms controversy as if we don't know better. Ewers just faced two of the best DCs in the country and had a couple subpar games where he still played better than the guy across from him, as crazy as that sounds. He will likely get back on the horse as he has done over the last year and a half. The only thing that could derail him is the hatred and lack of appreciation from this fanbase. Simms should be celebrated at Texas for leading some of the most successful Texas teams we've had. Instead we ran him off, making him never want to step foot on this campus again. Let's NOT do that again.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

I say this with a lot of love Derka. You know this. You tend to fly off the handle and need a bro to reel you back in. So that's why I said what I said.

This isn't about thinking Ewers is perfect. It's just the opposite. My daughter's high school vball team has 8 committed players and yet they still managed to lose games this years. All it takes is the right team, an off day, a bad attitude, or the wrong gameplan. We were never going undefeated in the SEC Derka. Some of us still had our Big12 goggles on. We assumed, because it used to be true, that we were inherently better than other teams. However, teams like Georgia have been on this "best team in the country" journey way longer than us. Georgia SHOULD never lose and SHOULD have won 3 or 4 trophies in a row but they can't stay focused. Arrests. Car crashes and deaths. Complacency. Even with all that they've still only allowed themselves to lose only 2 games over the last 3 years, both to Bama. We were the perfect thing to get them laser focused. A relatively unknown Blue Blood looking to come in here and take over the conference, that had beaten them solidly in a bowl game and bragged about it.

Quinn is, just like everyone else, not perfect. Bijan would often dance a little too much instead of hit the hole. Worthy got re-routed way too often. Even VY, the best college player I've ever seen, struggled from the pocket some games. We scored 0 points vs OU, almost lost to Kansas, and were down 1000 points to OSU. The measure of a player is how frequently they are good, not if they are perfect. In our lifetime Texas has been exactly as good as it's QB play. If any fanbase should appreciate Quinn it should be us. We've been wandering in the desert in large part because we couldn't get a Quinn Ewers. Now that we have one we already don't appreciate him and are causing another Applewhite-Simms controversy as if we don't know better. Ewers just faced two of the best DCs in the country and had a couple subpar games where he still played better than the guy across from him, as crazy as that sounds. He will likely get back on the horse as he has done over the last year and a half. The only thing that could derail him is the hatred and lack of appreciation from this fanbase. Simms should be celebrated at Texas for leading some of the most successful Texas teams we've had. Instead we ran him off, making him never want to step foot on this campus again. Let's NOT do that again.

Good take. Totally agreed …. almost. Simms was a “very nice” young man who barely progressed past h. s. QB status. He stared down receivers and made rookie mistakes well into his later years. No development from a guy who should have known better. Had all the physical talent but didn’t improve with time. I’m afraid QE is on that path. Simms wasn’t hurt to my recollection. But his lack of improvement squandered some talented players around him. They liked him like they like Quinn. But we didn’t win big games. Ewers, I’m afraid, has “china doll syndrome” ( is that a thing?). Trying to avoid more injuries, yet play his way into The League. That’s a hard box from which to escape. 

10 hours ago, immamac said:

Quinn didn't quit on anyone. Quinn was a pussy and couldn't understand that the game and the team that is "his team" needed him to think bigger than himself. The moment was too big for him and he reacted like a pussy. Rewatch the mother fucking game. 

There is no possible way the loss could have been any more embarrassing, sorry to break it to you. The two drives he got actually did move the ball and things looked totally different. He was opening things up with his legs. 

I'm done talking about it. I want the team to rally and win out. 

So let me get this straight. Yall seem to think that if Arch plays and plays really bad and we get blown out anyway that it "wouldn't have been worse" than what actually happened. Us getting blown out by Georgia with Arch looking not good would have really been handled well by all of the super mature adults here. Definitely wouldn't be melting down about it. Uh huh.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, F250 said:

Well, Arch can run really fast and throw deep passes, similar to Milroe. Quinn was limited to 10 yard passes and zero running. I don't think it would have been the same.

Milroe runs a 4.4, arch might run a 4.6. The difference is one can outrun most of georgia's defense all night long and the other will struggle to get away from their LB's around the edge. We gave up 7 sacks in 14 drives. 2 of those were on Arch in one drive. If I'm playing statistics or a data guy that tells me it would have been worse over an entire game because they saw a RS freshman and pinned their ears back. I can't keep this up though, I don't even love Quinn this much or doubt arch's ability. I just don't believe Arch would have kept that game tight or given us a better chance to win. 

Because it's 2024, you need an effective runner at QB period. It helps with RPO because it allows the edge not to just crash the fuck down. At minimum it allows the QB to circumvent the end as well if he doesn't crash down and your pass option not there. 

I get that, in that a more mobile QB is generally a plus in any system. I think the initial discussion. Was some idea that this is ESPECIALLY true for RPO, which it isn’t.

Another poster (not you) claimed that having a more stationary QB was a “square peg/round hole” situation for Sark’s offense, which it isn’t.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, scottsins said:

I get that, in that a more mobile QB is generally a plus in any system. I think the initial discussion. Was some idea that this is ESPECIALLY true for RPO, which it isn’t.

Another poster (not you) claimed that having a more stationary QB was a “square peg/round hole” situation for Sark’s offense, which it isn’t.

Yeah that was dumb. Mac Jones got drafted in the first round based on what he did in Sark's offense. 

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Wisner dropped a potential TD

that play was the antithesis of cedric griffin breaking up the would-be td vs tosu. the entire season and even people’s careers could have been drastically altered on that one single play, a play which in both cases td didn’t really get a ton of attention. 

Edited by Derka

3 minutes ago, Derka said:

that play was the antithesis of cedric griffin breaking up the would-be td vs tosu. the entire season and even people’s careers could have been drastically altered on that one single play, a play which in both cases td didn’t really get a ton of attention. 

That play is a key moment for sure. Seemed like it all started to pile on after that.

14 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

So let me get this straight. Yall seem to think that if Arch plays and plays really bad and we get blown out anyway that it "wouldn't have been worse" than what actually happened. Us getting blown out by Georgia with Arch looking not good would have really been handled well by all of the super mature adults here. Definitely wouldn't be melting down about it. Uh huh.

arch was on the field for half a second and he made the biggest play that either qb made on the night. he has better pocket presence than quinn, he’s more mobile, he’s better at throwing downfield, our playbook is more varied with him, and he has Sark calling his plays. what’s makes you think we get blown out if he stays in the game?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Derka said:

arch was on the field for half a second and he made the biggest play that either qb made on the night. he has better pocket presence than quinn, he’s more mobile, he’s better at throwing downfield, our playbook is more varied with him, and he has Sark calling his plays. what’s makes you think we get blown out if he stays in the game?

I would have been fine keeping Arch in. I don't assume we would have been blown out or anything. I just found the idea of Arch playing bad and us being blown out and this board not melting down about it to be precious.

I hated the huge sack he took more than the fumble. It was such a derpy play by him.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Like 2

I would have been fine keeping Arch in. I don't assume we would have been blown out or anything. I just found the idea of Arch playing bad and us being blown out and this board not melting down about it to be precious.

I hated the huge sack he took more than the fumble. It was such a derpy play by him.

I want to believe he was trying to find someone to throw to and not outrun the spy.

2 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

So what happens if Quinn isn’t looking at a good draft position and decides to return to UT for a 4th year?

If he continues to struggle he’ll be benched so there won’t be anything to return to. He’d go somewhere else if he plays another year 

5 hours ago, Derka said:

with this in mind i’d just like to ask:

can y’all please stop doing that? not a joke. please stop with the real life hate, and vitriol, and mental health and fat related insults, all because i don’t think that a qb is as good as you do. for real. if i come after you then you have every right to let me have it right back. but if you simply don’t like my opinion, i really don’t need you ruining my day with your hate. so if y’all could stop doing that, i’d really, genuinely appreciate it.

5 hours ago, Derka said:

quinn ewers is an outlier and sark has earned his reputation as a QB/offensive genius over decades of coaching at the very highest levels. the kid who skipped a year of HS and showed up to college like a fat, slovenly trailer park boy isn’t panning out and your take on it is that sark can’t coach. that’s certainly a take, i guess.

These 2 posts back to back are fantastic.

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Derka said:

Quinn had two TD passes and led a 55 yard drive to open the 3rd quarter lol. Arch’s last drive ended with two sacks, 22 yards lost and he was stripped of the ball which we lost. That’s not me making up numbers to prove my argument or anything. That’s fact. He was given a chance and it was much of the same result. The offense isn’t more open with a RS freshman who has started 3 games, you’re smarter than that. Quinn gets the full playbook not because he’s the best qb ever but because he’s been around sark the longest. Sark’s offense is way too complicated to think that arch can just run it wide open while also learning pocket presence, how to audible and read defenses. That’s madness 

4 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Quinn had two TD passes and led a 55 yard drive to open the 3rd quarter lol. Arch’s last drive ended with two sacks, 22 yards lost and he was stripped of the ball which we lost. That’s not me making up numbers to prove my argument or anything. That’s fact. He was given a chance and it was much of the same result. The offense isn’t more open with a RS freshman who has started 3 games, you’re smarter than that. Quinn gets the full playbook not because he’s the best qb ever but because he’s been around sark the longest. Sark’s offense is way too complicated to think that arch can just run it wide open while also learning pocket presence, how to audible and read defenses. That’s madness 

Quinn doesn't have the full playbook at all because the full playbook with Sark consist of big downfield shots. NEWSFLASH, Quinn fucking sucks at throwing deep. Arch will learn the underneath stuff but the playbook is more open with Arch because of the downfield threat. Arch as a RS freshmen has better pocket presence and works the pocket than Quinn.

Quinn's last two drives before getting yanked: 

image.png.43d04b30f0544fd8663e98245e6772a8.png

image.png.29eb6b23879a63f9dbf023496428a9c1.png

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Quinn doesn't have the full playbook at all because the full playbook with Sark consist of big downfield shots. NEWSFLASH, Quinn fucking sucks at throwing deep. Arch will learn the underneath stuff but the playbook is more open with Arch because of the downfield threat. Arch as a RS freshmen has better pocket presence and works the pocket than Quinn.

Quinn's last two drives before getting yanked: 

image.png.43d04b30f0544fd8663e98245e6772a8.png

image.png.29eb6b23879a63f9dbf023496428a9c1.png

The wr’s still run deep and the opportunity to take big shots is there…Quinn just doesn’t take many chances. You can fault him for not taking big shots all you want but that doesn’t change that he reads defenses faster than Arch can just based purely off experience. It’s embarrassing for surly that you have the pos rep here that you do lol. You think sark calls plays where receivers just run 6-8-10 yards because Quinn can’t throw deep? You’re dumber than your posting history says. 

3 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

The wr’s still run deep and the opportunity to take big shots is there…Quinn just doesn’t take many chances. You can fault him for not taking big shots all you want but that doesn’t change that he reads defenses faster than Arch can just based purely off experience. It’s embarrassing for surly that you have the pos rep here that you do lol. You think sark calls plays where receivers just run 6-8-10 yards because Quinn can’t throw deep? You’re dumber than your posting history says. 

GET THIS THROUGH YOUR FUCKING HEAD QUINN FUCKING SUCKS AT TAKING DEEP SHOTS! 

It has been that way for 3 years straight now.....He's been reduced to a fucking check down merchant

The numbers 100% support this. He either won't throw or fucking sucks at it. Both are on him.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

GET THIS THROUGH YOUR FUCKING HEAD QUINN FUCKING SUCKS AT TAKING DEEP SHOTS! 

It has been that way for 3 years straight now.....He's been reduced to a fucking check down merchant

The numbers 100% support this. He either won't throw or fucking sucks at it. Both are on him.

Your argument is that quinn doesn't get the full playbook fucktard. I'm sure the full playbook is there, now whether he is able to take advantage and utilize it to it's fullest is up for discussion. Quinn has struggles, but to say that a young qb gets more of the playbook than the older more experienced qb is fucking stupid. Arch will learn how to read defenses, make audibles, and then the whole playbook will be opened up to him. The checkdown is an absolute necessity for a QB looking towards the NFL. You may not like it but Sark doesn't give a fuck what you like. We are 6-1, thanks to Sark and his ability(recruiting/play calling). Quinn is 20-6 as the starter. He gets the nod until he shits the bed so bad Sark has to make a permanent change.