Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Really? Quinn is good for one WTF turnover every game. Now you face three top 30 defenses that you’re calling “regular” and you can’t see him turning it over once more per game?

Seems like you’re still holding onto some delusion about Quinn.

841 passes and he's thrown 16 interceptions. I can't find how many times he has fumbled but I don't think it's a ton. In the oklahoma game where he had his head up his ass he threw one pick and didn't turn it over again. Venables is a much better defensive mind than anything vandy, florida, arky or even elko will throw at quinn. Kentucky gave up 48 to florida, and 31 to south carolina....those are not great offenses. Up the thread here I said that if quinn plays like ass and just looks completely lost then toss arch in and never look back. I just don't think he will. 

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

The other side of that is that a mere 3 seasons ago I was watching Hudson Card and Casey Thompson pretend to play the position and would have given a testicle to have a QB of Ewers quality......how quickly we forget.....

Thus my starting out acknowledging that I've been happy he's a Longhorn. I've watched every Texas QB play since Bill Bradley was at the helm and recognize that Ewers is easily among our most talented ever at the position. That said, elite QBs aren't playing for $100 handshakes any more. Whether we can lay off any of his recent issues to injury I don't know, but going forward he needs to play better or sit. That seems unarguable, no matter who used to be our QB. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Look you nabobs, Quinn is injured. It hurts when he throws. He's trying to play through it and it's not going well. Dismissing him as a shitty quarterback is hot piss. Yes, if this is the new Quinn, we're fucked and, as nabobs, you win. But Quinn will very likely get it together, sooner or later, and you'll have one more indication that you're missing something in life.

• Hook 'Em 8

5 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

Look you nabobs, Quinn is injured. It hurts when he throws. He's trying to play through it and it's not going well. Dismissing him as a shitty quarterback is hot piss. Yes, if this is the new Quinn, we're fucked and, as nabobs, you win. But Quinn will very likely get it together, sooner or later, and you'll have one more indication that you're missing something in life.

Well then playing an injured QB might have cost us the UGA game.

• Hook 'Em 7

5 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

How do you know it's because he is still injured? Cite your source.

3 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Is Quinn a good source?

A dubious one given the timing and the circumstances. Couldn't possibly be looking for an excuse, right? Sark claims he was healthy as far as he knew. I have a very hard time believing Sark would start him if he was so restrained and hesitant with his throws and mechanics during practice where he knows he won't get hammered.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

How do you know it's because he is still injured? Cite your source.

JFC, don't be stupid. He doesn't need a source. Sark himself said no one is 100 % this time of year. See comments from the "Source". He even says it could be in his head. You don't hear the question but it is in the post.

3 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

JFC, don't be stupid. He doesn't need a source. Sark himself said no one is 100 % this time of year. See comments from the "Source". He even says it could be in his head. You don't hear the question but it is in the post.

tl;dw: "It's there a little bit, but that's just the way injuries go. It's in my mind a little bit...but it's not a big deal"

Paraphrasing, but it sounds like it's still bothering him and that it may be affecting him mentally. Not so bad that he has to sit out, but it sounds to me like he should sit out. This is literally why you have a back up QB - if QB1 can't play to the level we need due to injury, put in QB2. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Your post doesn't carry the impact you think it does. "No one is 100% this time of year" is pretty weak sauce. I could absolutely believe it is in his head though. Try not to get so worked up.

1 minute ago, sith_horn said:

Your post doesn't carry the impact you think it does. "No one is 100% this time of year" is pretty weak sauce. I could absolutely believe it is in his head though. Try not to get so worked up.

Im not worked up and I'm not the one asking for cited sources on injury information that came from the horses mouth. This site is full of conjecture and opinions and you ask for a source? Is this a paper? Is he a journalist? You have your source, it is Quinn himself. His words on the abdominal strain "it's there a little bit" and "my mind thinking about it".

We can move along now. It is in his head more than anything. The boy needs confidence, ie. quoting @immamac "he's a pussy".

Give Quinn the chance to come out of the gate hot this Saturday and if he looks like he did against OU/Georgia you bench him permanently. My main concern is that he's never really displayed consistency game to game or even within games, which speaks to a lack of focus, ability to process and/or mental fortitude. He's started around 30 games here and he's only had the offense humming for 4 quarters in a handful (OU '22 (lol), Bama '23, Michigan '24, there have been a few other but those come to mind). So many of our best offensive performances during his tenure were a result of our NFL running backs leading the way. I think Sark is probably taking the right approach, but we have five must win games ahead of us and teams don't have to respect our running game that much or our deep ball at all with Quinn out there. If he's not making the veteran plays by stepping up into the pocket, avoiding self sacks, getting through his reads, avoiding braindead interceptions, etc., he brings nothing to the table that Arch doesn't. 

• Hook 'Em 7

44 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

He isn't playing games with confidence, the statement is probably meant to give him confidence. Quinn needs to play like it is his last chance because it might just be that.

The guy that gives money to his TE's calling him a pussy over and over ad nauseam like an aggy is going to help. I'm sure of it because I'm Quinn Ewers. 

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Didn't he say similar shit last week?

If everything was taken at face value on the internet you would have been crowd sourced years ago for being a fucking idiot. You of all people should appreciate nobody taking every comment serious. 

25 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

If everything was taken at face value on the internet you would have been crowd sourced years ago for being a fucking idiot. You of all people should appreciate nobody taking every comment serious. 

How though? I've had very high rep on shaggy and surly. :)

You're definitely living up to the pussy vibes you're putting out.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

lots of people in this thread need to calm down on a number of levels. it would be good for your well being.

if quinn looks timid and like he's got scrambled eggs upstairs playing against ghosts again this week against vandy, then i personally am ready to move on. but along with everyone else in this thread, it's not my call. we all allowed ourselves to be convinced that quinn had made the big jump after the michigan game and got excited. unfortunately, my fear appears to be coming to fruition and that's starting to look like the outlier.

hopefully he responds to negativity in a productive way and breaks out of the funk and can get a couple of good, confidence building drives under his belt early. i don't know what you do with him at this point if not. i felt like arch started to really start getting his feet under him in the second half of the miss st. game but hopefully quinn just makes it moot by playing well this weekend.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, sidis said:

lots of people in this thread need to calm down on a number of levels. it would be good for your well being.

if quinn looks timid and like he's got scrambled eggs upstairs playing against ghosts again this week against vandy, then i personally am ready to move on. but along with everyone else in this thread, it's not my call. we all allowed ourselves to be convinced that quinn had made the big jump after the michigan game and got excited. unfortunately, my fear appears to be coming to fruition and that's starting to look like the outlier.

hopefully he responds to negativity in a productive way and breaks out of the funk and can get a couple of good, confidence building drives under his belt early. i don't know what you do with him at this point if not. i felt like arch started to really start getting his feet under him in the second half of the miss st. game but hopefully quinn just makes it moot by playing well this weekend.

Dear Sir,

If you mean to imply the good folks at Surly have a tendency to get overly excited about good results and panic too much over bad results, then I am offended.

how-dare-you-offended.gif.41cb7f5671fe8b6b1fbca3775a90c7f1.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

I’m sorry, but if you’re a third year starter, touted as one of the best quarterbacks in the nation, and you need a confidence boost, then gtfo and let someone with some balls do the job.

He is struggling mentally, like wide receivers getting alligator arms and "hearing footsteps". He needs to let it fly, it is purely in his head. I had the yips for a few days in baseball just kept overthrowing everything. After a little "encouragement" ie. sprint punishment, I got pissed off and just started gunning it with perfect accuracy, at that point I knew it was mental and it never happened to me again. He even admitted it could be in his head. Only he can fix it.

34 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Take a step back loonie, he can still throw a forward pass. TS would miss the broad side of a barn 20 feet away.

At least Swoopes would notice the barn was wide open on the field. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, mwaadeeb said:

Look you nabobs, Quinn is injured.

these claims have been made a lot more since the uga loss than they were after the OU win. so either you guys are making excuses for a clearly flawed QB who is gun  shy (again) after getting hit hard, or Sark keeps starting a QB whose health is rolling downhill despite having an outstanding backup ready and available. 

• Hook 'Em 1