Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

if i was playing against Texas my no.1 priority would be hitting quinn early, even if it’s after the whistle. his entire career he’s responded poorly to injuries and big hits. hit him hard one time and watch him spend the rest of the game frantically trying to avoid getting hit as opposed to standing tall in the pocket, keeping his eyes downfield, and his footwork on point. if quinn had to play behind our 2009 o line he probably quits football.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

32 minutes ago, Derka said:

if i was playing against Texas my no.1 priority would be hitting quinn early, even if it’s after the whistle. his entire career he’s responded poorly to injuries and big hits. hit him hard one time and watch him spend the rest of the game frantically trying to avoid getting hit as opposed to standing tall in the pocket, keeping his eyes downfield, and his footwork on point. if quinn had to play behind our 2009 o line he probably quits football.

Great idea. I bet none of our opponents have ever considered this innovative strategy before 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

I wouldn’t bother hitting him after the whistle. No sense in getting a flag.
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, TXpride said:

So now we all want Quinn to take the check down? Also he gets walloped literally a millisecond or two after this freeze frame. He played like shit, but this play was dead the moment the ball was snapped.

Also it was 3rd and long but hey they are onto something so let them cook. They are the same people who were pissed that QE didn't wait a beat on the interception to make sure it was indeed man coverage. However, here they want him to just throw it even though the LB that is currently with Bond could peel off right underneath that route. Hindsight is always 20/20. We all know he is about to get sacked so we are judging his actions based on already gathered info. At the time Quinn is looking for a receiver beyond the sticks to get the first but whatever.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

Also it was 3rd and long but hey they are onto something so let them cook. They are the same people who were pissed that QE didn't wait a beat on the interception to make sure it was indeed man coverage. However, here they want him to just throw it even though the LB that is currently with Bond could peel off right underneath that route. Hindsight is always 20/20. We all know he is about to get sacked so we are judging his actions based on already gathered info. At the time Quinn is looking for a receiver beyond the sticks to get the first but whatever.

Our fearless leader and his retarded minion (who reminds me of daddy98) have it on solid inside locker room info that Quinn is a soft pussy. The Quinn experiment is over, they want arch lol. You’d be better off arguing with Derka my friend. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/23/2024 at 5:01 PM, Derka said:

dude i have serious, real life mental health issues, and being repeatedly attacked on here in vile, personal ways should not be accepted. your post is horse shit, and the people laughing at it and supporting it are assholes. just because it’s the internet doesn’t change anything. bullying a mentally ill person who became fat because of his rx drugs is a piece of shit thing to do, and this board loves to act all high and mighty and righteous about “policing ourselves”, except when it comes to people being cruel and hateful towards me because i have an opinion they don’t like.

so yeah, if asking for people to stop repeatedly being cruel to me for no goddamn reason is the most derka thing ever then you can consider this thread derka’d. this shit is not a joke, at all. id like to see you have a child who SUFFERS from mental illness, who doesn’t bother or attack or insult anybody, yet who gets mercilessly bullied with the endorsement of his teachers, principals, and coaches (bob and immamac), and then come tell me what a weak ass pussy your own mentally ill kid is. laugh at him and talk shit about it. then when he’s 14 years old and cutting himself and you walk into a bathroom that’s covered in blood, and you see that your child has mutilayed himself because of the pain of being bullied for no reason, THEN you can tell me how funny all of this is. fucking asshole.

Bro, everyone of us on here have mental issues. Have you not read our posts?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Almost nothing in here that is accurate. Now a slant can’t get 6 yards, especially one that is uncovered. He is looking to the right. You have a drag, slant, and Corner route. Literally comes off the slant to the drag and you are saying he is waiting to throw beyond the sticks by looking to hit the shortest route available. Each to their own I guess 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Almost nothing in here that is accurate. Now a slant can’t get 6 yards, especially one that is uncovered. He is looking to the right. You have a drag, slant, and Corner route. Literally comes off the slant to the drag and you are saying he is waiting to throw beyond the sticks by looking to hit the shortest route available. Each to their own I guess 

Bro is acting like in 2024 3rd and 6 is 3rd and long. He had bolden wide the fuck open for an easy first down assuming he’s referencing the play I broke down. If he makes the middle field defender miss that’s an easy explosive play 

7 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

There is no yellow line on the field when you are playing. You are guessing where the sticks are. You are also looking at the clearout drag Bond is running to make sure that defender isn't an issue. If he stops and passes Bond off, as you lead Bolden you will be throwing it right to him. So I get the hesitation there. You know this, but a lot of guys don't. This defense has Muschamp's fingerprints on it. Sometimes the field is split and guys are playing zone on one half and man on the other. Jumping routes is a Coach Boom staple. For a reminder check the 1 min mark of the video below of ET passing a route off and peeling off to jump the slant. I am sure QE was warned about that.

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bro is acting like in 2024 3rd and 6 is 3rd and long. He had bolden wide the fuck open for an easy first down assuming he’s referencing the play I broke down. If he makes the middle field defender miss that’s an easy explosive play 

Again as I said above. Route jumping is something you have to worry about on any D Coach Boom is a part of. We learned that the hard way in this game. Your eyes aren't always seeing what you think they are. If the defender peels off that's an easy pick. We've seen that before when Boom was here.

Just now, Thatguy said:

Again as I said above. Route jumping is something you have to worry about on any D Coach Boom is a part of. We learned that the hard way in this game. Your eyes aren't always seeing what you think they are. If the defender peels off that's an easy pick. We've seen that before when Boom was here.

Look at the replay there is no where close at all to bolden to be able to jump that route. 

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Who is jumping boldens route here? The Mike is bailing to his Tampa 2 style drop reading Gunnar, safety is reading Gunnar, corner is dropping to his zone, other defender is tailing bond. Like I said earlier ball should be on its way to bolden here

IMG_5059.jpeg

Again, Bond's defender could pass Bond off and sit underneath that Bolden route. Then Wingo gets passed off to the safety. It's simple route matching concepts. Boom would show you man and then do something like this mid play. It's exactly what happened on the pick. So I am sure Ewers was holding the ball to make sure what he thinks he sees is real.

Sometimes when a QB is holding the ball, wrong as it may be, it's not because they are scared or a pussy. Sometimes they have been coached on the defensive tendencies and they are just being careful. Not too long after this he got what he thought was a man look just like this one and it turned out to be zone, and he threw a pick. We want him to take care of the ball but we want him to get the ball out fast too. Had he reversed those two plays in this game he would've been golden. Hindsight is 20/20

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

There is no yellow line on the field when you are playing. You are guessing where the sticks are. You are also looking at the clearout drag Bond is running to make sure that defender isn't an issue. If he stops and passes Bond off, as you lead Bolden you will be throwing it right to him. So I get the hesitation there. You know this, but a lot of guys don't. This defense has Muschamp's fingerprints on it. Sometimes the field is split and guys are playing zone on one half and man on the other. Jumping routes is a Coach Boom staple. For a reminder check the 1 min mark of the video below of ET passing a route off and peeling off to jump the slant. I am sure QE was warned about that.

You need to slow down. You are spinning so fast you are going to make yourself dizzy. There is no yellow line on the field? Come on.  Did you look at the play? Who is he passing him off to? The safety is deep over the top of Helm. The corner is out by the numbers. You have LB on Bond’s drag. The other one is over the top of him, there is no chance he gets to the drag or to the slant. You started off with he was waiting to throw beyond the sticks, then there is no yellow line in the field, and now he is passing off to a defender that isn’t close to either route.. If it helps you out I went back to look at this play after hearing Babers bitch about this, just to see what he was talking about (I was at the stadium, didn’t notice). 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Haha 1

Can we hire Coach Boom to be assistant head coach and let him have game management duties?
He could also double as Ewers psychologist so that Quinn would look at the Georgia defense and just laugh instead of being all terrified

Only if he’s good at Madden

Swoops wasn't a very good QB, but at least he wasn't a fucking pussy. 

His play deserves serious criticism. I personally happen to think he should be benched. But jackass move imo to call the kid a pussy because his play doesn’t make you feel as good about it as you want. Ultimately, none of us know shit about what’s going on with him.
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

You need to slow down. You are spinning so fast you are going to make yourself dizzy. There is no yellow line on the field? Come on.  Did you look at the play? Who is he passing him off to? The safety is deep over the top of Helm. The corner is out by the numbers. You have LB on Bond’s drag. The other one is over the top of him, he can’t get to drag or the slant. You started off with he was waiting to throw beyond the sticks, then there is no yellow line in the field, and now he is passing off to a defender that isn’t close to either route.. If it helps you out I went back to look at this play after hearing Babers bitch about this, just to see what he was talking about (I was at the stadium, didn’t notice). 

For the 12th time. They got us a couple players later feigning man. Below is the routes we ran vs what they could've done.

image.png.8d9df7369f7dae932fcd594cdef281a8.png.469438c4a303709e52ebbcf64ca38ff7.png

50 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

No shit. Were I to share my diagnosis all of you would flee this board, and change your social security numbers.

Everyone already knows you're a scat loving massocist with boarder line personality disorder and schizoaffective issues.

We still love you, man. You just have to follow your court ordered school zone distance mandates.

Edited by BurntEyes

25 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

For the 12th time. They got us a couple players later feigning man. Below is the routes we ran vs what they could've done.

image.png.8d9df7369f7dae932fcd594cdef281a8.png.469438c4a303709e52ebbcf64ca38ff7.png

LMAO that's not their defense......

Here is presnap

image.thumb.png.33796386cec4d1d2be63de02c528cf58.png

If the guy doesn't pick up Bond here this is a huge gain down the sideline wingo is on. His sole job is to pick up first crosser to prevent that while the defense works to their drop backs.

There is no passing off built into this zone concept. the LB is dropping to a tampa 2 deep middle and is reading gunnar because he has to take gunnar if he goes inside. Corner on trips side is looking for crossers and dropping to be underneath gunner If he doesn't he's passed off to the safety/corner on the trips side of the field. The correct read here is Bolden 100% and there is no one covering him because all other players are in zone. He makes that tampa 2 backer miss then it's easily 15+ yard gain on 3rd and 6 and more importantly it's an easy 1st down.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

6 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

The guy that gives money to his TE's calling him a pussy over and over ad nauseam like an aggy is going to help. I'm sure of it because I'm Quinn Ewers. 

He literally is an aggy. Calling himself a Longhorn fan isn’t going to change his DNA. I also find it hilarious that a guy who’s only ever taken a hit from a bong is calling any football player a pussy.

• Hook 'Em 3

42 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

You left Moore uncovered and drew up a defense where the NB goes from 10 yards deep at the numbers, comes to the middle of the field to cover Bond on the shallow cross, and then stays with him to the numbers. I have to assume that, because you can’t let Bond run free from where the RT is to the numbers on the left.  Now have 2 wide open WRs. Not that any of that matters, because the Safety got depth and was 20 yards deep, so that was clearly not the call.

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

LMAO that's not their defense......

Here is presnap

image.thumb.png.33796386cec4d1d2be63de02c528cf58.png

If the guy doesn't pick up Bond here this is a huge gain down the sideline wingo is on. His sole job is to pick up first crosser to prevent that while the defense works to their drop backs.

There is no passing off built into this zone concept. the LB is dropping to a tampa 2 deep middle and is reading gunnar because he has to take gunnar if he goes inside. If he doesn't he's passed off to the safety/corner on the trips side of the field. The correct read here is Bolden 100% and there is no one covering him because all other players are in zone. He makes that tampa 2 backer miss then it's easily 15+ yard gain on 3rd and 6 and more importantly it's an easy 1st down.

Why are we still debating this? Quinn has tendencies, and Georgia exploited it. When we lined up in trips ron 3rd and long Quinn made the decision pre snap he was going to Helm and Georgia made that bet giving up the slant and bringing the CB blitz.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

I don’t know shit but I’d bet money on all of you being wrong about most of that play. 

Major Applewhite once said to me "dumbass fans only see the play that was run, not the play that was called."  That always stuck with me. What he meant is that they call a play in the huddle but a million things happen during the play that keep the play from going off as it was designed to, then fans complain with the benefit of hindsight, instant replay etc ...

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Major Applewhite once said to me "dumbass fans only see the play that was run, not the play that was called."  That always stuck with me. What he meant is that they call a play in the huddle but a million things happen during the play that keep the play from going off as it was designed to, then fans complain with the benefit of hindsight, instant replay etc ...

Yes, probably starting with who is the first receiver in the progression of a play. Easy to say, “That guy’s wide open!” two seconds into a play, but we don’t know who the play was originally designed to feed.

Just now, MAUFRAIS said:

Just like when I set out to get blown by a hot chick, then shit happens and I settle.

Was he at least hot?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Major Applewhite once said to me, “know where a guy can score some pudgy Chola poontang?” That always stuck w me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

He thinks Quinn will clean it up. How the fuck is he going to clean it up if he’s on the bench like you think he should be? This is the second shit for brained post from you where you help the other side of your argument. Outstanding lol. 

My post about Quinn making the bonehead play as a RS freshman was to highlight how stupid his football IQ is compared to Arch. And this clip was funny because the guy used to be coached by Sark.

Should we call you Quinn or Curtis? I’m not exactly sure which Ewers I’m replying to based on the bitchassedness of your replies. 

6 minutes ago, MrBig said:

My post about Quinn making the bonehead play as a RS freshman was to highlight how stupid his football IQ is compared to Arch. And this clip was funny because the guy used to be coached by Sark.

Should we call you Quinn or Curtis? I’m not exactly sure which Ewers I’m replying to based on the bitchassedness of your replies. 

How do you know what arch’s football IQ is? He played against 3 shitty defenses and hasn’t been tested yet. The two drives he was in he made 3 bad decisions that were devastating and he has a tendency to force the ball instead of throwing it away. Stop sucking his dick before he’s done anything. He will give you plenty of chances to blow him over the next couple years, I’m sure of it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

One thing is certain, Quinn has played really fucking good on several big stages and shaky on others. I don’t think it’s the size of the event that rattles him, since he’s played awesome as much as poorly in those situations.

That’s the crazy thing. Good Quinn is a heck of a qb. But man, when he is in his head, it’s hard to watch.
  • Hook 'Em 1