Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

1 hour ago, WinningIsHard said:

How do you know what arch’s football IQ is? He played against 3 shitty defenses and hasn’t been tested yet. The two drives he was in he made 3 bad decisions that were devastating and he has a tendency to force the ball instead of throwing it away. Stop sucking his dick before he’s done anything. He will give you plenty of chances to blow him over the next couple years, I’m sure of it. 

This

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

How do you know what arch’s football IQ is? He played against 3 shitty defenses and hasn’t been tested yet. The two drives he was in he made 3 bad decisions that were devastating and he has a tendency to force the ball instead of throwing it away. Stop sucking his dick before he’s done anything. He will give you plenty of chances to blow him over the next couple years, I’m sure of it. 

This is presented in the typical cable news fashion. Here is the truth of the situation.

1. Quinn Ewers.. The 14th ranked QB in the SEC by PFF and 230th overall in the nation. He is showing really bad pocket awareness and poor decision making, since coming back from injury.

2. Arch Manning. Higher ceiling player with limited experience, that is likely to make 1st yr QB mistakes.

There is no perfect choice. If Quinn was playing well there really isnt a discussion (well, this is Surly). Picking either QB requires some faith at this time.

Choice A is dont trust your lying eyes and believe that the QB you have seen since the injury will snap his fingers and become a high end QB in the short-term (vs Vandy it is possible)

Choice B is into the unknown. Go with the higher ceiling player and hope his 1st year mistakes are not crippling and he is fast learner.

Both choices come with obvious risks.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck You 1

42 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

This is presented in the typical cable news fashion. Here is the truth of the situation.

1. Quinn Ewers.. The 14th ranked QB in the SEC by PFF and 230th overall in the nation. He is showing really bad pocket awareness and poor decision making, since coming back from injury.

2. Arch Manning. Higher ceiling player with limited experience, that is likely to make 1st yr QB mistakes.

There is no perfect choice. If Quinn was playing well there really isnt a discussion (well, this is Surly). Picking either QB requires some faith at this time.

Choice A is dont trust your lying eyes and believe that the QB you have seen since the injury will snap his fingers and become a high end QB in the short-term (vs Vandy it is possible)

Choice B is into the unknown. Go with the higher ceiling player and hope his 1st year mistakes are not crippling and he is fast learner.

Both choices come with obvious risks.

Well said sir. Texas not having to play against a good defensive coach named venables or smart/muschamp for the next 4 weeks should be the "snapping of the fingers." I hope. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

This is nonsense.

I am not saying PFF is 100% accurate and 230th sounds low. He has been bad the last 2 weeks. PFF gave him 6 turnover worthy plays vs Georgia, which is was the most by a single player in the last 4 years. I would not get caught up in the exact number, but it is confirmation that your eyes are not lying to you. He is really struggling.

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

I am not saying PFF is 100% accurate and 230th sounds low. He has been bad the last 2 weeks. PFF gave him 6 turnover worthy plays vs Georgia, which is was the most by a single player in the last 4 years. I would not get caught up in the exact number, but it is confirmation that your eyes are not lying to you. He is really struggling.

This chart really stood out to me since Quinn is always throwing those checkdowns and most of his passing yards are coming from YAC. Lowest average in P5. 
IMG_8447.thumb.png.54e627f35c89050d4251dc7e41c1f2b8.png 

Source for reference even though they are talking about IU here:

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Major Applewhite once said to me, “know where a guy can score some pudgy Chola poontang?” That always stuck w me. 

We were on a flight to Cancun shortly after all of that broke. Major on the flight with his family.

1. I have never seen a group of people look so miserably unhappy. Looked like they were heading to a funeral.

2. Why is a guy making $500,000+ have his family in coach at the back of the plane? At least put yourself, and maybe the Chola, up in first while the wife gets stuck with the kids in coach.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBig said:

This chart really stood out to me since Quinn is always throwing those checkdowns and most of his passing yards are coming from YAC. Lowest average in P5. 
IMG_8447.thumb.png.54e627f35c89050d4251dc7e41c1f2b8.png 

Source for reference even though they are talking about IU here:

Dillon Gabriel, who is going to end his career second all time in passing yards for a career, is at 7. lol

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

It will be interesting to see if PFF grades McCord worse than "6 turnover worthy plays" given he actually had 5 turnover plays last night.  Records are made to be broken...

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

It will be interesting to see if PFF grades McCord worse than "6 turnover worthy plays" given he actually had 5 turnover plays last night.  Records are made to be broken...

I think PFF tries to determine fault in a turnover.  Like a ball off the receiver's hands into the defender's may result in an actual turnover, but that wouldn't be a turnover worthy play by the QB.

Edited by Gene Parmesan

29 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

Does it matter if it was the worst in 4 years or the 2nd worst in 4.02 years?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Codaxx said:

PFF gave him 6 turnover worthy plays vs Georgia, which is was the most by a single player in the last 4 years.

It was actually 7 turnover worthy plays 

“Since Week 1, though, Ewers' passing grade has gone down every single week, with his worst game yet coming against Georgia — where he recorded a career-high seven turnover-worthy plays. Ewers was even benched at one point in the game for Arch Manning in hopes of creating a spark that never came. On the year, he already has 10 turnover-worthy plays, which is more than he tallied in all 2023.”

3 minutes ago, MrBig said:

It was actually 7 turnover worthy plays 

“Since Week 1, though, Ewers' passing grade has gone down every single week, with his worst game yet coming against Georgia — where he recorded a career-high seven turnover-worthy plays. Ewers was even benched at one point in the game for Arch Manning in hopes of creating a spark that never came. On the year, he already has 10 turnover-worthy plays, which is more than he tallied in all 2023.”

damn, you guys are just a fuckin ray of sunshine

Edited by Codaxx
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, boilerhorn said:

Not really, but many of our fellow Surly-ites would allow this fact to distract, scurrying to find out who was worse.

Look man, when you're dealing with Quatum physics level analysis of everything that's happened on the field at every single point in Quinn career both here and at OSU plus cross referenced information on off season and locker room behavior 4.02 vs 4 is a massive shift in the time continuum. My name is Data aka Chuckie's Love Child, so don't draw conclusions based on shitty evidence. Run-on sentences don't actually exist and in reality neither does time. 

I've done all the analysis so you don't have to. 

Quinn isn't playing well currently. That's a indisputable fact. 

You're welcome. 

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

I guess you think you’re making some kind of point here lol

Of the 30 some odd things you guys have found to bitch about I don’t think that one matters all that much. That’s all. Thanks for having me clarify that lol. I’m sure your mind is changed now. 

10 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Stoked for the knee jerk here when he lights Vandy the fuck up

Well they rank 93rd in passing yards given up per game so sure hope he can do something.  Doesn’t change the fact that he has 3 games with 300 passing yards and two touchdowns or more in his career.  Hopefully we get the fourth tomorrow?

9 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I don't need fucking PFF nerds to tell me Quinn sucked on Saturday.

Also "Turnover worthy plays" seems subjective. Any ball thrown in a tight window could be considered "turnover worthy".

It's no different than errors in baseball.  Someone is judging the play and they can be wrong, but the idea isn't for perfect statistics just for better ones.  

17 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Stoked for the knee jerk here when he lights Vandy the fuck up

I'll be elated if he does, but won't be at ease until he can do it consecutively for several games. FayetteNam might be the better test. Yeah, I know they aren't great, but it will be a hostile environment and their superbowl following a bye for them to prep.

I think it's likely he does OK against Vandy. Their defense doesn't pose the kind of threat either OU or Georgia does. Likewise, I expect the team will play with purpose following the defeat, especially the OL.

41 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Of the 30 some odd things you guys have found to bitch about I don’t think that one matters all that much. That’s all. Thanks for having me clarify that lol. I’m sure your mind is changed now. 

The only thing I’ve bitched about is our terrible quarterback play and your shitty takes.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Also "Turnover worthy plays" seems subjective. Any ball thrown in a tight window could be considered "turnover worthy".

I take that as referring to drops by the defenders, fumbles that weren't lost... stuff that makes you say "whewwww".

34 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

I'll be elated if he does, but won't be at ease until he can do it consecutively for several games. FayetteNam might be the better test. Yeah, I know they aren't great, but it will be a hostile environment and their superbowl following a bye for them to prep.

I think it's likely he does OK against Vandy. Their defense doesn't pose the kind of threat either OU or Georgia does. Likewise, I expect the team will play with purpose following the defeat, especially the OL.

This is the thing- I don’t think anyone here wants Quinn to fail. We’d be deliriously happy if he was the QB he was projected to be coming out of high school. Unfortunately, he’s sucked ass since the Michigan game and you have a potentially better option sitting on the bench. Sometimes “can’t miss prospects” don’t pan out.