Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

46 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

I never said he was great. I said he will get us to the SEC championship game and possibly the college football playoff. Our defense is bad ass, Quinn just needs to be a tad above average. He’s capable of that. 

We were ranked 4th coming into the year. If we finish outside the top 12, the season will have been a colossal failure.

• Hook 'Em 1

Quinn's inconsistency of late has sucked.  That said in the last 30 years these are the QBs that have helmed a Longhorns team to put a conference championship trophy in the case

James Brown

Vince Young

Colt McCoy

Quinn Ewers 

That's it....that's the list.   

It doesn't give him a pass, but if he can't get it together hopefully Sark will make the right call and this fanbase can avoid Chris Simms level of shitty treatment. 

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 3

the fact that quinn ewers has yet to establish himself as a worthy starter or even a consistent player in his third year under the best circumstances possible (surrounded by nfl talent on offense with the best qb coach and one of the best OC’s in the country) says it all. its 2024 now. QBs no longer require some protracted development period with a generous learning curve. i mean a freshman QB won the heisman 12 years ago. this isn’t anything new.

and we may laugh at the fools who all said that arch would transfer this year, but they all said that because 99% of teams in college football would love to have Arch as their starter. just how long are we supposed to wait for Quinn to actually become a consistently good QB when we’ve got the best QB prospect we’ve had since VY waiting in the wings? just long enough to miss out on this year’s playoffs while simultaneously wasting game reps that could have gone to Arch? 

Edited by Derka
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

What if Quinn decides he wants to play college football for one more year? 

14 minutes ago, immamac said:

It won't be here. 

So you’re saying Quinn would have to bring the boom to another school? 

10 hours ago, 52-80 said:

in newest ESPN mock draft he's the 3rd QB and actually the 5th Longhorn behind Banks, Bond, Williams, and Barron

This is one of the worst QB classes I’ve ever seen, which is part of the reason why he’ll still declare and get overdrafted. That is what NFL teams and dumb GM’s do nowadays.

Maybe it would be good for the guy to go in the 3rd round and go to a place where he can sit and watch for a few years since the dude has been rushed every second of his life since his junior year of high school.

34 minutes ago, Derka said:

tony kornheiser just now, wrapping up PTI’s college football segment:

”i don’t think that missouri can beat alabama, i DO think that lsu can go to texas a&m and win, and i wonder if quinn ewers is gonna be good for Texas.”

That show still airs?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Quinn's inconsistency of late has sucked.  That said in the last 30 years these are the QBs that have helmed a Longhorns team to put a conference championship trophy in the case

James Brown

Vince Young

Colt McCoy

Quinn Ewers 

That's it....that's the list.   

It doesn't give him a pass, but if he can't get it together hopefully Sark will make the right call and this fanbase can avoid Chris Simms level of shitty treatment. 

So because we’ve had shitty coaching for the last 30 years outside of 04-09 that makes up for it…..sure sure. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, sith_horn said:

I'll be elated if he does, but won't be at ease until he can do it consecutively for several games. FayetteNam might be the better test. Yeah, I know they aren't great, but it will be a hostile environment and their superbowl following a bye for them to prep.

I think it's likely he does OK against Vandy. Their defense doesn't pose the kind of threat either OU or Georgia does. Likewise, I expect the team will play with purpose following the defeat, especially the OL.

you mean like last season?

1 hour ago, Derka said:

the fact that quinn ewers has yet to establish himself as a worthy starter or even a consistent player in his third year under the best circumstances possible (surrounded by nfl talent on offense with the best qb coach and one of the best OC’s in the country) says it all. its 2024 now. QBs no longer require some protracted development period with a generous learning curve. i mean a freshman QB won the heisman 12 years ago. this isn’t anything new.

and we may laugh at the fools who all said that arch would transfer this year, but they all said that because 99% of teams in college football would love to have Arch as their starter. just how long are we supposed to wait for Quinn to actually become a consistently good QB when we’ve got the best QB prospect we’ve had since VY waiting in the wings? just long enough to miss out on this year’s playoffs while simultaneously wasting game reps that could have gone to Arch? 

Imagine thinking the kid that got you to the CFP isn't a worthy starter. Lol. I remember when you were calling for Card to start too. Those were the days. Man I'm glad Sark didn't call you for advice.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Imagine thinking the kid that got you to the CFP isn't a worthy starter.

quinn got us there?  lol that’s news to me. quinn wasn’t even one of our 10 best players last year (something i said during the season last year and got crushed for saying, yet no one would refute the claim when i listed out 10 better players) but in your world he’s solely responsible for our entire program making it to the playoffs last year, where he was bad. sure. 

also, i couldn’t help but notice that you didn’t directly quote me, and went ahead and editorialized what i said in an effort to mischatacterize it. you’re a QE zealot and a bad faith arguer when it comes to this subject.

Edited by Derka

2 minutes ago, Derka said:

quinn got us there? quinn wasn’t even one of our 10 best players last year, but in your world he’s solely responsible for our entire program making it to the playoffs last year, where he was bad.

also, i couldn’t help but notice that you didn’t directly quote me, and went ahead and editorialized what i said in em effort to mischatacterize it. you’re a bad faith poster when it comes to this thread. 

I think he meant the kid at “qb”, like the qb that got us to the CFP. Try not to make a mountain out of a mole hill. 

17 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

The last two weeks he has played the best two DCs on the schedule. Calm down.

quinn got benched in the middle of the biggest game of the season and we have a full blown qb controversy among the fan base. in what world does that make quinn a worthy, established starter for this loaded, playoff-worthy team? i don’t see georgia, alabama, or oregon having any such issues.

1 minute ago, WinningIsHard said:

I think he meant the kid at “qb”, like the qb that got us to the CFP. Try not to make a mountain out of a mole hill. 

speaking of bad faith arguers…

Edited by Derka

6 minutes ago, Derka said:

quinn got benched in the middle of the biggest game of the season and we have a full blown qb controversy among the fan base. in what world does that make quinn a worthy, established starter for this loaded, playoff-worthy team? i don’t see georgia, alabama, or oregon having any such issues.

I was just trying to help lol. Bad faith arguing…that’s a new one. Alabama lost to Vanderbilt and Tennessee , I’m not sure if you saw that or not.  They also barely beat South Carolina only because their coaches are really stupid. 

30 minutes ago, Derka said:

Plenty Bama fans question Milroe. And plenty Georgia fans question Beck. I'm pretty sure plenty of Oregon fans were questioning their start to the season too. You're just not paying attention to those fanbases. 

8 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Plenty Bama fans question Milroe. And plenty Georgia fans question Beck. I'm pretty sure plenty of Oregon fans were questioning their start to the season too. You're just not paying attention to those fanbases. 

fans are basically never happy with the starting qb, that’s not news. our situation goes beyond that. none of those other guys have been benched mid game, and none are embroiled in simms-applewhite style qb controversies. from reading this thread it seems clear most of our fans are ready to switch QBs if quinn doesn’t come out in fire against vandy. 

Edited by Derka

1 minute ago, Derka said:

fans are basically never happy with the starting qb, that’s not news. our situation goes beyond that. of those players have been benched, and none are embroiled in simms-applewhite style qb controversies. 

That's just because they don't have backups worth a damn. 

3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

And Travis Etienne being much better than Wisner and Blue was who won the game for Georgia.

So now that we have that settled, here's to kicking the shit out of Vandy.  

Etienne on his own honestly. That guy messed us up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.thumb.png.bd8c0a46435efccc4004d5f4b21fd1a7.png

Ahh I see. Beating up on shitty teams gets your pff grade high. His qbr against Georgia appears to have been 14.9. Same shit as Quinn. Carry on though, my mind is almost changed. I bet if you call him a pussy a couple more times I’ll just have to go with arch for the rest of the year. 

5 minutes ago, Derka said:

fans are basically never happy with the starting qb, that’s not news. our situation goes beyond that. none of those other guys have been benched mid game, and none are embroiled in simms-applewhite style qb controversies. from reading this thread it seems clear most of our fans are ready to switch QBs if quinn doesn’t come out in fire against vandy. 

Are you of the opinion that Beck wouldn’t be in a similar situation in that game if Arch with 2 starts is sitting on the Georgia bench? 

Edited by Hank_Hill

1 minute ago, WinningIsHard said:

Ahh I see. Beating up on shitty teams gets your pff grade high. His qbr against Georgia appears to have been 14.9. Same shit as Quinn. Carry on though, my mind is almost changed. I bet if you call him a pussy a couple more times I’ll just have to go with arch for the rest of the year. 

What good teams did Quinn beat up?? Michigan is on their way to 6-6 to 7-5

Cool, taking a QBR from two drives. Irrelevent stat in terms of the game. In the 1st half as I have broken down before Arch led 2 drives that were more successful than 6 of Quinn's. 

His first drive was positive because of a 15 yard face mask and his second drive ended in a strip sack loss of ball and field goal for Georgia before halftime. Are you related to Billy Lucci? 

Just now, WinningIsHard said:

His first drive was positive because of a 15 yard face mask and his second drive ended in a strip sack loss of ball and field goal for Georgia before halftime. Are you related to Billy Lucci? 

Per drive average removing the facemask penalty from yardage:

Quinn 4.5 yards per drive
Arch 9  yards per drive

Can we remove the pass interference from Quinns drive?

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

Are you of the opinion that Beck wouldn’t be in a similar situation in that game if Arch with 2 starts is sitting on the Georgia bench? 

i can’t see beck getting benched in that game for anything short of a kyle mccord performance for 3+ quarters, at which point the game would be out of hand anyway. in short, no.

Just now, WinningIsHard said:

He had an 86.8 PFF grade for all of last year. If he doesn’t get hurt we face fuck miss state and Oklahoma behind normal Quinn. Then his grade is much higher even if we lose to Georgia I’m sure he plays better without missing a month. 

The last time he completed a season not getting hurt he was a sophomore in HS. At this point assume he will get hurt.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, Derka said:

i can’t see beck getting benched in that game for anything short of a kyle mccord performance for 3+ quarters, at which point the game would be out of hand anyway. in short, no.

3 picks in one game is less than 6 I guess I’ll give you that. 

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Haha 1

Per drive average removing the facemask penalty from yardage:

Quinn 4.5 yards per drive
Arch 9  yards per drive

Can we remove the pass interference from Quinns drive?

Yeah you can, you can do whatever you want man lol. Acting like arch was going to light Georgia’s shit up behind a 14.9 qbr is retarded. You do you tho. Your eyes!!!! Your eyes saw greatness. Silly. Like that aggy that doesn’t know shit about football and bragged on the Michigan coaching staff that was cheating its balls off to win.