Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

Just now, WinningIsHard said:

Yeah you can, you can do whatever you want man lol. Acting like arch was going to light Georgia’s shit up behind a 14.9 qbr is retarded. You do you tho. Your eyes!!!! Your eyes saw greatness. Silly. Like that aggy that doesn’t know shit about football and bragged on the Michigan coaching staff that was cheating its balls off to win. 

You defending quinn is even more retarded. Arch looked better than Quinn in the 1st half plain and simple. 

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Per drive average removing the facemask penalty from yardage:

Quinn 4.5 yards per drive
Arch 9  yards per drive

Can we remove the pass interference from Quinns drive?

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Cool, taking a QBR from two drives. Irrelevent stat in terms of the game. In the 1st half as I have broken down before Arch led 2 drives that were more successful than 6 of Quinn's. 

Is 2 drives enough data or not? 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

His first drive was positive because of a 15 yard face mask and his second drive ended in a strip sack loss of ball and field goal for Georgia before halftime. Are you related to Billy Lucci? 

What if I told you he IS Looch???

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Reality is Quinn was so fucking bad he got his ass yanked and a RS freshmen came in  and moved the ball more than he did n

Keep going, you have the second half to do. Where arch played so bad ass that we came back and battled mean ole Georgia. He led the team down for a 8 play 55 yard TD. Right? 

• Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

49 touches, 177 yards for 3.6. Further proof that if they butt fucked our veteran they would have destroyed a rookie. 

Quinn getting 3.6 yards per play vs Arch’s 1.8 yards per play is terrible. It’s under 5 fucking yards.

A 27 game starter in his 3rd year is only getting twice the number of yards per play as a redshirt freshman with only 2 starts. Do you hear how bad this sounds? Almost as absurd as saying a 3rd year starter at Texas needs to be benched to build confidence and will prove himself by bouncing back against Vanderbilt. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MrBig said:

Quinn getting 3.6 yards per play vs Arch’s 1.8 yards per play is terrible. It’s under 5 fucking yards.

A 27 game starter in his 3rd year is only getting twice the number of yards per play as a redshirt freshman with only 2 starts. Do you hear how bad this sounds? Almost as absurd as saying a 3rd year starter at Texas needs to be benched to build confidence and will prove himself by bouncing back against Vanderbilt. 

Right. Quinn was horrible. That can be true while also acknowledging Arch wasn’t going to be some magical fucking savior that night. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

Truly unbelievable we made it to the playoffs with a QB who wasn’t a top 10 player on the team. Some may say impossible even.

the list i gave last year:

On 11/25/2023 at 5:01 PM, shadow_operative said:

sweat, murphy, brooks, ford, worthy, mitchell, banks, sanders, hill, barron. that’s 10. there might be more.

you wanna argue otherwise? be my guest.

2 minutes ago, Derka said:

the list i gave last year:

you wanna argue otherwise? be my guest.

Take any one of those ten out (oh hey Brooks!) minus probably Banks and you can still make a reasonable argument we make the playoffs. We don’t make the playoffs without Ewers last year, zero chance. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Take any one of those ten out (oh hey Brooks!) minus probably Banks and you can still make a reasonable argument we make the playoffs. We don’t make the playoffs without Ewers last year, zero chance. 

you aren’t arguing that quinn was one of our 10 best players last year, you’re arguing that starting QB is the most important position. that’s moving the goalposts.

5 minutes ago, Derka said:

you aren’t arguing that quinn was one of our 10 best players last year, you’re arguing that starting QB is the most important position. that’s moving the goalposts.

Your premise was not crediting Ewers for getting the team to the playoffs and then stating he wasn’t a top 10 player on the team. He was a top 10 contributor towards our playoff run and arguing otherwise is laughable. Feel free to define “best” in the context of your argument though.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Reality is Quinn was so fucking bad he got his ass yanked and a RS freshmen came in  and moved the ball more than he did n

freshman/freshmen isn’t hard.  the stupidity burns me up every time I see it here.  which is often. 

8 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Your premise was not crediting Ewers for getting the team to the playoffs and then stating he wasn’t a top 10 player on the team. He was a top 10 contributor towards our playoff run and arguing otherwise is laughable. Feel free to define “best” in the context of your argument though.

All I know is that he is running out of chances to do something this year. This year, he is hurting us more than helping in the last two games.  If he can’t muster up a pretty good performance this week would you at least agree that the tend is not good?

Just now, CTC2 said:

All I know is that he is running out of chances to do something this year. This year, he is hurting us more than helping in the last two games.  If he can’t muster up a pretty good performance this week would you at least agree that the tend is not good?

100%. I am not under the impression that he has looked good the past 2 weeks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Derka said:

quinn got us there?  lol that’s news to me. quinn wasn’t even one of our 10 best players last year (something i said during the season last year and got crushed for saying, yet no one would refute the claim when i listed out 10 better players) but in your world he’s solely responsible for our entire program making it to the playoffs last year, where he was bad. sure. 

also, i couldn’t help but notice that you didn’t directly quote me, and went ahead and editorialized what i said in an effort to mischatacterize it. you’re a QE zealot and a bad faith arguer when it comes to this subject.

1) Can you please capitalize when you start a new sentence. 

2) Yes, Quinn was an integral part of getting us there. Who else was throwing to Mitchell, Sanders, and Worthy? We also had m Brooks until TCU went full piece of trash. It was a team effort, but Quinn stepped up big time. This year, he started off great, but has clearly regressed after that UTSA abdominal strain. 

Regardless, Quinn was huge getting us a CC and a CFP berth. I'm not a Quinn Homer, but to say there are 10 better players than Quinn on our team from last year is just dumb, dude. Someone has to throw the ball to our play makers, because it certainly wasn't our RB's that did it. 

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock

Right. Quinn was horrible. That can be true while also acknowledging Arch wasn’t going to be some magical fucking savior that night. 

It’s not about Arch being a savior. It’s about Quinn not being good enough. And Quinn is not good enough to lead us to a national championship. Playing a QB for anything else is a waste of time.

I’d rather find out if Arch is the guy and watch him play like a freshman than sit through another season of Quinn checking down constantly just to raise his draft stock. Quinn doesn’t have it and the only time he elevates his teammates is when they have to jump in the air to catch one of his poorly thrown balls.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, MrBig said:

I’d rather find out if Arch is the guy and watch him play like a freshman than sit through another season of Quinn checking down constantly just to raise his draft stock. Quinn doesn’t have it and the only time he elevates his teammates is when they have to jump in the air to catch one of his poorly thrown balls.

Great. Letting him get butt fucked the rest of the Georgia game wasn’t the time for that experiment. An argument could be made for this week and Florida.

Edited by Hank_Hill

On 10/24/2024 at 9:51 AM, Codaxx said:

or this one

image.png.ea71f36187e2b8ef7fddf617905c848a.png

image.png.4ca9c931df1e66b47ecbd270fee091c7.png

Its more damning given the score of the game

It was all night. I'm sure the people in my section thought I was on something, because I was screaming for him to throw the fucking ball.

I keep threatening myself with rewatching the game to see how it looked on TV. Live, I was about to have an anxiety attack.

On 10/24/2024 at 11:33 AM, mwaadeeb said:

Look you nabobs, Quinn is injured. It hurts when he throws. He's trying to play through it and it's not going well. Dismissing him as a shitty quarterback is hot piss. Yes, if this is the new Quinn, we're fucked and, as nabobs, you win. But Quinn will very likely get it together, sooner or later, and you'll have one more indication that you're missing something in life.

Then the HC needs his ass kicked for rolling out an injured QB that can't win the game.

On 10/24/2024 at 8:29 AM, Pimphand said:

Fuck I've been in Europe and don't have time to catch up.

Can I get a cliffs notes of what has transpired since Monday?

4000 pages of bitchassedness

if quinn doesn't step up in to the pocket or take off when he has HUGE TRACTS OF LAND in front of him he gets pulled tomorrow

kirby is a huge gaping vagina

2000 pages discussing the above

nicole is not participating in the suzanne simpson thread

aggy have lost their fucking minds

you didn't miss anything

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/24/2024 at 9:22 AM, WinningIsHard said:

It's a shitty position for Sark to be in

no

sark gets paid to win it all

quinn's league draft position (and resulting career contract trajectory) is not what sark gets paid for

no sympathy for sark

if his decisions cost quinn $50m over the next 10 years because he goes in the 4th round, so be it

It could be an interesting debate.  In my opinion KSU was our most difficult Big 12 game resulting in a win last year.  Maybe a missed PI call from being a blowout though.  

If we don’t beat Bama, we’re not in the playoff.  Or maybe we are in if we beat OU.

We absolutely could have beaten every Big 12 team with Murphy at QB.  Obviously not guarantee but if so, that gives us a chance.  It was not one of the more difficult Big 12 schedules we’ve faced.

3 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Quinn looked like shit, Arch looked like shit, OL looked like shit, RB looked like shit. We’re comparing shit.

3 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Was it firm shit, diarrhea shit, floating shit or sinking shit?

We should change that other thread title to TEXAS QB TALK: Hot shit or cold diarrhea?