Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

18 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

81yqMT1WV7L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

and the oscar for most ironic post of the thread goes to…

do you remember michael penix that night? what about quinn? penix threw an absolute perfect game while quinn was erratic and unclutch. you are high if you don’t think we beat washington by 5+ TDs if we switch qbs that night.

28 minutes ago, Derka said:

do you remember michael penix that night? what about quinn? penix threw an absolute perfect game while quinn was erratic and unclutch. you are high if you don’t think we beat washington by 5+ TDs if we switch qbs that night.

Fucking Penix that night. Could not miss. Then the next week, could not hit anything. For as good as he played and as erratic as Quinn played, coupled with turnovers, we had 4 shots at the endzone about 12yds away for the win.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

51 minutes ago, Derka said:

yeah and if texas and washington switch qbs that night then texas wins 70-3.

6 minutes ago, Derka said:

We played absolutely horrible pass defense that night Derka, and to be honest it was our Achilles' Heel all season. Penix threw it 38 times and we got no sacks. He just stood back there slinging it all over with no worries.Then the very next game, the guy you swear is head and shoulders above Ewers, with just a little pressure threw it 51 times and got blown out 13-34. He was erratic, sailing balls over his receivers heads. But don't take my word for it. The two videos below are every throw from both games cut down to 5 mins.

And that's the thing with you Derka. Your blind hatred for all things Quinn Ewers won't allow you to see the logic and contradiction in your own argument. Penix can have a bad game while Ewers can't because we don't like him. Someone put up a stat that said the 28 pressures Georgia got is the most against Sark since coming to Texas.

See you see me as a sunshine pumper for Ewers when really after wandering the desert for over a decade I am just a guy who won't allow himself to forget what it was like when I didn't have water. Quinn is the 3rd best QB we've had at Texas in my lifetime, and I'm thankful to be in the hunt again. Has he had bad games? Most def yes. But he has had good one too. He tore Michigan a new asshole, went into Tuscaloosa and put on a show, and was responsible for the worst ass kicking we've ever given OU.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/7/2024 at 5:47 PM, Derka said:
On 9/7/2024 at 5:47 PM, Derka said:

the touchdown throw to golden was a 10/10, perfect nfl throw. he made it look routine. and that’s really the theme of the season so far for him. he is noticeably more in command of the offense, and notably more calm and comfortable throughout the game. VY had that “aura” about him, to use the word du jour, and 2024 quinn ewers has it too. always looks calm; never looks tired; looks 0% gazed in any way. he really does look like the 1.000 recruit, heisman favorite, top 10 draft pick that he’s been billed as since he was 16. 

in fact i compared him/our offense today to colt/our 2009 offense. specifically that anything less than 3rd and 12 feels like light work. that’s how masterful QE has been. Sark is calling near flawless games and it’s simply been up to his offense to execute. through two games this offense has that beautiful balance of “dominant with clear room to improve”, and that’s how i would describe QE as well. he and our offense have been dominant, and yet nobody has played their best. this team has all the trappings of a real contender, and it starts and ends with QE. he is so polished compared to where he started when he got here, and it really really shows. the sky is the limit, for him, and this team. 

Lmao.

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Hermanator said:

81yqMT1WV7L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

So he wasn’t 2-0 as starter? After 1 possession versus UH we were tied, and we won.  He did a win a third of our Big 12 games.  Again in my opinion, the KSU win was the most difficult Big 12 win that we actually got.

I am not saying there was anything special about him or his play.  By and large it was not a strong Big 12.  We already had more talent than everyone else everywhere.

We are beating the hell out of OSU in that championship game no matter what.

But I suppose it’s correct that Murphy, Sweat, Worthy, Sanders, Brooks, Ford, Whittington, Robinson, Mitchell all got drafted because they were mediocre talents.

By the way, I’m not arguing against Ewers in any fashion. I’m arguing in favor of those dudes and the guys still here that were big contributors.  We were a damn team last year just as we are this year.  No reason last year or this year to concede anything to anyone.