Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

18 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

81yqMT1WV7L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

and the oscar for most ironic post of the thread goes to…

do you remember michael penix that night? what about quinn? penix threw an absolute perfect game while quinn was erratic and unclutch. you are high if you don’t think we beat washington by 5+ TDs if we switch qbs that night.

• Fuck You 1

28 minutes ago, Derka said:

do you remember michael penix that night? what about quinn? penix threw an absolute perfect game while quinn was erratic and unclutch. you are high if you don’t think we beat washington by 5+ TDs if we switch qbs that night.

Fucking Penix that night. Could not miss. Then the next week, could not hit anything. For as good as he played and as erratic as Quinn played, coupled with turnovers, we had 4 shots at the endzone about 12yds away for the win.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

51 minutes ago, Derka said:

yeah and if texas and washington switch qbs that night then texas wins 70-3.

6 minutes ago, Derka said:

We played absolutely horrible pass defense that night Derka, and to be honest it was our Achilles' Heel all season. Penix threw it 38 times and we got no sacks. He just stood back there slinging it all over with no worries.Then the very next game, the guy you swear is head and shoulders above Ewers, with just a little pressure threw it 51 times and got blown out 13-34. He was erratic, sailing balls over his receivers heads. But don't take my word for it. The two videos below are every throw from both games cut down to 5 mins.

And that's the thing with you Derka. Your blind hatred for all things Quinn Ewers won't allow you to see the logic and contradiction in your own argument. Penix can have a bad game while Ewers can't because we don't like him. Someone put up a stat that said the 28 pressures Georgia got is the most against Sark since coming to Texas.

See you see me as a sunshine pumper for Ewers when really after wandering the desert for over a decade I am just a guy who won't allow himself to forget what it was like when I didn't have water. Quinn is the 3rd best QB we've had at Texas in my lifetime, and I'm thankful to be in the hunt again. Has he had bad games? Most def yes. But he has had good one too. He tore Michigan a new asshole, went into Tuscaloosa and put on a show, and was responsible for the worst ass kicking we've ever given OU.

• Hook 'Em 4

On 9/7/2024 at 5:47 PM, Derka said:
On 9/7/2024 at 5:47 PM, Derka said:

the touchdown throw to golden was a 10/10, perfect nfl throw. he made it look routine. and that’s really the theme of the season so far for him. he is noticeably more in command of the offense, and notably more calm and comfortable throughout the game. VY had that “aura” about him, to use the word du jour, and 2024 quinn ewers has it too. always looks calm; never looks tired; looks 0% gazed in any way. he really does look like the 1.000 recruit, heisman favorite, top 10 draft pick that he’s been billed as since he was 16. 

in fact i compared him/our offense today to colt/our 2009 offense. specifically that anything less than 3rd and 12 feels like light work. that’s how masterful QE has been. Sark is calling near flawless games and it’s simply been up to his offense to execute. through two games this offense has that beautiful balance of “dominant with clear room to improve”, and that’s how i would describe QE as well. he and our offense have been dominant, and yet nobody has played their best. this team has all the trappings of a real contender, and it starts and ends with QE. he is so polished compared to where he started when he got here, and it really really shows. the sky is the limit, for him, and this team. 

Lmao.

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, Hermanator said:

81yqMT1WV7L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

So he wasn’t 2-0 as starter? After 1 possession versus UH we were tied, and we won.  He did a win a third of our Big 12 games.  Again in my opinion, the KSU win was the most difficult Big 12 win that we actually got.

I am not saying there was anything special about him or his play.  By and large it was not a strong Big 12.  We already had more talent than everyone else everywhere.

We are beating the hell out of OSU in that championship game no matter what.

But I suppose it’s correct that Murphy, Sweat, Worthy, Sanders, Brooks, Ford, Whittington, Robinson, Mitchell all got drafted because they were mediocre talents.

By the way, I’m not arguing against Ewers in any fashion. I’m arguing in favor of those dudes and the guys still here that were big contributors.  We were a damn team last year just as we are this year.  No reason last year or this year to concede anything to anyone.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Derka said:

Quinn threw for 318 and a TD and Penis threw for 430 and 2 TDs. 

Washington's 3 receivers were better at separation than our 3 receivers 

Washington's secondary was a lot better than our secondary that was one of the worst P5 against the pass last season. 

Texas has 2 RBs lose fumbles in the game that was far more costly than Ewers' play. 

And you think Ewers, whose offense scored 31 against a much better Washington secondary even with his running backs fumbling twice, would only score 3 against our shit 2023 secondary with the superior Washington receiver corps?

NEVER GO FULL RETARD

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Had Enough said:

So he wasn’t 2-0 as starter? After 1 possession versus UH we were tied, and we won.  He did a win a third of our Big 12 games.  Again in my opinion, the KSU win was the most difficult Big 12 win that we actually got.

I am not saying there was anything special about him or his play.  By and large it was not a strong Big 12.  We already had more talent than everyone else everywhere.

We are beating the hell out of OSU in that championship game no matter what.

But I suppose it’s correct that Murphy, Sweat, Worthy, Sanders, Brooks, Ford, Whittington, Robinson, Mitchell all got drafted because they were mediocre talents.

By the way, I’m not arguing against Ewers in any fashion. I’m arguing in favor of those dudes and the guys still here that were big contributors.  We were a damn team last year just as we are this year.  No reason last year or this year to concede anything to anyone.

Murphy was 56 percent completion for 6.7 ypa and a 1:1 TD to Interception ratio. 

He cratered at home in the 2nd half of the KSU game, started turning it over, and we only won because the KSU coach went full retard in the last minute goal line offense. 

BYU was the 2nd worst team in the Big 12 last season at 2-7 in conference. 

And you think that guy was leading the team into TCU, into ISU, and into the Cotton bowl and running the table? 

kaitlin olson wtf GIF by NASCAR

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Murphy was 56 percent completion for 6.7 ypa and a 1:1 TD to Interception ratio. 

He cratered at home in the 2nd half of the KSU game, started turning it over, and we only won because the KSU coach went full retard in the last minute goal line offense. 

And you think that guy was leading the team into TCU, into ISU, and into the Cotton bowl and running the table? 

I have no idea what he is saying either nor do I think I will care.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, Thatguy said:

We played absolutely horrible pass defense that night Derka, and to be honest it was our Achilles' Heel all season. Penix threw it 38 times and we got no sacks. He just stood back there slinging it all over with no worries.Then the very next game, the guy you swear is head and shoulders above Ewers, with just a little pressure threw it 51 times and got blown out 13-34. He was erratic, sailing balls over his receivers heads. But don't take my word for it. The two videos below are every throw from both games cut down to 5 mins.

And that's the thing with you Derka. Your blind hatred for all things Quinn Ewers won't allow you to see the logic and contradiction in your own argument. Penix can have a bad game while Ewers can't because we don't like him. Someone put up a stat that said the 28 pressures Georgia got is the most against Sark since coming to Texas.

See you see me as a sunshine pumper for Ewers when really after wandering the desert for over a decade I am just a guy who won't allow himself to forget what it was like when I didn't have water. Quinn is the 3rd best QB we've had at Texas in my lifetime, and I'm thankful to be in the hunt again. Has he had bad games? Most def yes. But he has had good one too. He tore Michigan a new asshole, went into Tuscaloosa and put on a show, and was responsible for the worst ass kicking we've ever given OU.

explosion building GIF by South Park

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

Have you not learned how one game is not transitive to the next? Ewers has turned the ball over 3 times in game yet he hasn’t done it every game.  He did that versus OU.  Had Murphy been the QB the entirety of the season, he’s likely better than what he was with isolated starts.

In spite of the KSU turnovers, one of which was Brooks and a completely missed PI on KSU that could effectively lead to the game over at halftime, we scored 30 points in regulation.  How does that compare to the ISU and TCU games from a sheer point standpoint?

Comparable metrics.  DFEI ranks.  
OU 15

KSU 16

Isu 48

BYU 51

TCU 60

Because this metric says the KSU defense is considerably better than TCU and ISU.

BYUs offense was terrible.  That’s why they weren’t any good.  Interestingly enough, OU was 9th in OFEI, KSU was 10th.  OU won 1 more game than KSU because they beat us.  OU/KSU are comparable teams.

Overall, we’re better than all those teams.  When you get injuries different players take on more of the burden, the game plans change.

Theres no guarantees, but we sure as shit were better than ISU and TCU.  And both with young QBs.

IIRC, Texas finally stepped up the blitz in the final qtr against Wash and it turned the game around. Too fucking little too fucking late. I still maintain that Ewers was fast enough and shifty enough to make a quick dash for the end zone on one of those plays from the 12 yard line. Yes, it would have been an all or nothing proposition. See Vince Young. Quinn definitely put up some bricks from the twelve yard line. Sark gets his share of credit for that shitshow.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

21 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

yeah  him not going to the nfl would be such a headache for us 

This is where the new economics of CFB will be interesting. Wouldn’t it make sense for, say, Michigan to pursue QE pretty aggressively? He’d be way more valuable to them than Texas, right?

Just now, Hank Chinaski said:

This is where the new economics of CFB will be interesting. Wouldn’t it make sense for, say, Michigan to pursue QE pretty aggressively? He’d be way more valuable to them than Texas, right?

Man we should get a transfer fee like in Soccer.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Slippery slope, next thing you know dipshits are talking about relegation.

Well now that you mention it.  The only issue is when Georgia or Alabama replaces Carolina in the NFL.

• Haha 1

Murphy was set to transfer and did so almost a month before the game. What the fuck are y'all even talking about right now?

4 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

For once in 12 years I'm not concerned about the defensive play.

That '17 defense with Malik, Gary Johnson, Hill and Elliot wasn't too bad. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Have you not learned how one game is not transitive to the next? Ewers has turned the ball over 3 times in game yet he hasn’t done it every game.  He did that versus OU.  Had Murphy been the QB the entirety of the season, he’s likely better than what he was with isolated starts.

In spite of the KSU turnovers, one of which was Brooks and a completely missed PI on KSU that could effectively lead to the game over at halftime, we scored 30 points in regulation.  How does that compare to the ISU and TCU games from a sheer point standpoint?

Comparable metrics.  DFEI ranks.  
OU 15

KSU 16

Isu 48

BYU 51

TCU 60

Because this metric says the KSU defense is considerably better than TCU and ISU.

BYUs offense was terrible.  That’s why they weren’t any good.  Interestingly enough, OU was 9th in OFEI, KSU was 10th.  OU won 1 more game than KSU because they beat us.  OU/KSU are comparable teams.

Overall, we’re better than all those teams.  When you get injuries different players take on more of the burden, the game plans change.

Theres no guarantees, but we sure as shit were better than ISU and TCU.  And both with young QBs.

Did you watch the games? TCU fucking brought the wood against us. ISU played about their best defensive game of the season against us. Both on the road raised their level and made our offense have to make plays to win the game. Remember the great AD Mitchell catch to seal the TCU win late? You think Murphy is doing that? You think Murphy isn't turning the ball over repeatedly against those defenses playing inspired? 

This year against an absolutely shit schedule of teams Murphy is throwing 59 percent completion with the 98th ranked QBR in the country. As a more further along developed QB than last year. And you think he's running the table last year?

FULL RETARD

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

So far on the scorecard I have that

1. Quinn lost us the cfp semi by getting torched through the air by penix (?)

2. Murphy would have run the table if he had been the consistent starter last year

what else did I miss? Some of you motherfuckers are truly unhinged

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

So... if the regressing QB who was going Pro is instead not going Pro, we've got problems?

Yeah. No.

I'd think he, not we, have problems. If he goes in the crapper the rest of the way, he's done. He could go for the Pro draft or he could transfer to Duke. All good.

On the other hand, if he comes back to Good Quinn the rest of the way, he'll surely go Pro. All good.

Regardless, it looks like we'll not be seeing him on the field here next season.

I could see him here, but only if Arch heads off into the sunset. Not good.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

IIRC, Texas finally stepped up the blitz in the final qtr against Wash and it turned the game around. Too fucking little too fucking late. I still maintain that Ewers was fast enough and shifty enough to make a quick dash for the end zone on one of those plays from the 12 yard line. Yes, it would have been an all or nothing proposition. See Vince Young. Quinn definitely put up some bricks from the twelve yard line. Sark gets his share of credit for that shitshow.

This was Joel Klatt’s analysis of the final sequence with Quinn during the Washington game. He said what we were all thinking when he explains how bad Quinn was. Starts at 9m

23 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

I could see him here, but only if Arch heads off into the sunset. Not good.

If Quinn were to stay, which is highly improbable IMO, I don't see Sark annointing him the unquestioned QB1. I expect it would be an open competition with Arch given the benefit of the doubt unless he just underperforms. I doubt Quinn would accept that.

I like where we stand with Arch and Owens in the room.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Did you watch the games? TCU fucking brought the wood against us. ISU played about their best defensive game of the season against us. Both on the road raised their level and made our offense have to make plays to win the game. Remember the great AD Mitchell catch to seal the TCU win late? You think Murphy is doing that? You think Murphy isn't turning the ball over repeatedly against those defenses playing inspired? 

This year against an absolutely shit schedule of teams Murphy is throwing 59 percent completion with the 98th ranked QBR in the country. As a more further along developed QB than last year. And you think he's running the table last year?

FULL RETARD

Yes, you fucking idiot.    I’ve watched all the games for years.  Damn near all of them again.

Can you name one other Duke offensive player this year?  Any of them run a 4.2 40?  A 4.3?  Any projected 1st rounders on the Oline?  First RBs taken?  #1 recruits at RB?

TCU brought the wood?  It was 26-6 at the half and after 3.  That’s bringing the wood.  Please explain to me you cowardly chickenshit how that deathly environment didn’t kick in until the 4th?

No, I don’t think Murphy is catching it like Mitchell caught it.  But yeah he might have been able to throw that.  Maybe he does not have to do it.  

As for ISU, they had 9 points thru 3 quarters.

Comparatively speaking, our defense was better than our offense.  Again, yes, we absolutely can win those games.  No guarantees.  I cannot prove you wrong that’s got certain.

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

page 210 post #10457 was the first post on this thread on the 19th, a week ago today

as of this moment we have combined for 1528 posts on this thread in a week

outside of game threads, or major announcements (coaching/conference news) @immamac is this a record?

Do you even coaching search, bro?

Edited by BigHorn'13
Burp

Stop throwing off your back foot 95% of the time 
Dog shit footwork. If you still have no idea how to feel a pocket and move your feet correctly this late in your college career, there's no real hope. Move on from him. I don't care if Arch is rusty. Our ceiling was hit last year with Quinn and it will only be harder this year with needing to win more games to win it all.

His act is old

I’m done with this dude. Had everything given to him and everything in front of him. Clearly just doesn’t show the work ethic to be better than before. 
There's a reason he was dead last on the QB depth chart at Ohio State. Quit on his team at Southlake Carroll and skipped his senior year. He's an entitled pussy and plays like one

3rd year under sark and we still have to give him a bunch of easy throws to make him comfortable to start out the game against vanderbilt. quinn ewers having to make progressions and throw past the sticks just scares you to death.

Edited by Derka
  • Fuck You 1