Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

40 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It doesn’t matter if routes develop deep he literally cannot hit them. 

we have a serious problem because ewers is easy to defend. 

You know what would be able to open running game more and prevent teams from bringing the pressure they bring? Hitting fucking deep plays 

He freezes up in the face of the blitz, several times Golden is open over the middle and Ewers holds the ball.

• Hook 'Em 1

Name some you think are better right now. I did forget Cam Ward. I’m thinking through the other top teams. Not Will Howard, Beck, Milroe, the Penn State guy, definitely not Gabriel, definitely not Leonard. Who?

Arch Manning
  • Hook 'Em 3

The problem with rolling out Quinn is as much about our RBs and their inability to pass protect effectively as it is Quinn (which he isn't some blazer so it is a problem).  Did you all see some of the Vandy RBs blocking on Pavia rolls tonight?  Those guys know what they are doing and routinely bought him a lot of extra time he wouldn't have had if they hadn't picked up the guy rocketing toward him while conducting their "block/check down" roll.  

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Damn, Nussmeier throws a beautiful deep ball. Gives his WRs the chance to make plays. Quinn doesn't even try to let his guys go make plays consisntently, even though our WR room is elite.

The 1st half and 2nd half today were night and day. YPA over 10 in the 1st half 3 TDs, under 5 in the 2nd half limited vertical throws.

Quinn needs to put some air under the ball….like he does inside the 40 yard line…..which gives the receiver the ability to adjust and go up for it…as needed.

1 hour ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

I never thought I would say this, but I'm worried about Arkansas and Kentucky. 

Haha….we got this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

The problem with rolling out Quinn is as much about our RBs and their inability to pass protect effectively as it is Quinn (which he isn't some blazer so it is a problem).  Did you all see some of the Vandy RBs blocking on Pavia rolls tonight?  Those guys know what they are doing and routinely bought him a lot of extra time he wouldn't have had if they hadn't picked up the guy rocketing toward him while conducting their "block/check down" roll.  

Rollouts make the picture of who to block cleaner. Right now the simulated pressures are confusing whoever is calling the protections. Guys are coming untouched from everywhere without actually blitzing. That is the worst possible scenario for a guy like Quinn.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

When Quinn is in zone, we are impossible to stop. The problem is that he goes through long stretches of being out of the zone, particularly after injury. I don't know how we fix this. It really seems all mental with him. 

For Quinn to be in the zone the ol, rbs, and wrs all have to be making plays. None of that is happening right now. 

6 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

We are talking about positive yards from the team while at the helm that is not a penalty.

Didn’t we have 38 total offensive yards at the half last week? I can’t believe somebody is on here defending Ewers’ first-half performance from last week. Maybe he is/was hurt but it was as bad a half of football that a Texas QB has had in a long fucking time. Arch had a big run but a couple of sacks that wiped out a lot of the positive yards he gained.

Not sure how you don’t see it — or won’t accept it. The Ewers we’ve seen the last three weeks isn’t getting drafted. Period. That’s who we’re trusting our 7-1 start with moving forward. He needs to unfuck himself in the next two weeks.

• Like 1

Because I have eyeballs and can see how a QB rushing threat on the zone read is impactful to the running game and I’ve watched 2.5 games of Arch taking (mostly successful) downfield shots. The offense is completely different with him.

It definitely appears to be called differently with him at qb.

We're seeing defenses with better athletes can make the offense bog down when we can't hit them deep. They're sitting all over the short passing game and intermediate stuff. 

The OL has been terrible. Given the level of competition difference they may have been worse today than a week ago. The OL and TEs are so insanely sloppy and undisciplined in run blocking. Flood has to be ready to bust a gasket after this 3 game stretch. 

Our offense is just been exposed as sloppy at OL and TE and very limited at QB. As much as I hate to say it I think the right call is to go Arch and start prepping him for the starts for the rest of the season. His floor this year is lower than Quinn, but his ceiling is higher as he can take the top off defenses and make the offense difficult to guard. We aren't winning a title with an offense this limited. Our OL isn't good enough to keep Quinn in optimal conditions against good defenses. We need a QB that can move and make plays happen. 

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Didn’t we have 38 total offensive yards at the half last week? I can’t believe somebody is on here defending Ewers’ first-half performance from last week. Maybe he is/was hurt but it was as bad a half of football that a Texas QB has had in a long fucking time. Arch had a big run but a couple of sacks that wiped out a lot of the positive yards he gained.

Not sure how you don’t see it — or won’t accept it. The Ewers we’ve seen the last three weeks isn’t getting drafted. Period. That’s who we’re trusting our 7-1 start with moving forward. He needs to unfuck himself in the next two weeks.

I'm telling you that Arch isn't currently better. Simple as that. He holds the ball forever and doesn't see the field as well. We are currently playing decent teams and your one game reference to Arch being better is against a team Pig just hung half a hundo on. Here is what I know. Comfortable Ewers can beat anyone. Arch is still an unknown commodity that we have never seen play well vs anyone with a pulse.

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Serious question:

Has Quinn always been this bad, or am I just misremembering because of the Bama games and Michigan  

No. Quinn, coming back from injury at TCU, was better at pocket presence and decisiveness, until his painkiller wore off in the second half. Then, even better at ISU and on and on. 

This, here and now, is either injury or mental. 

Edited by statsman
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I'm telling you that Arch isn't currently better. Simple as that. He holds the ball forever and doesn't see the field as well. We are currently playing decent teams and your one game reference to Arch being better is against a team Pig just hung half a hundo on. Here is what I know. Comfortable Ewers can beat anyone. Arch is still an unknown commodity that we have never seen play well vs anyone with a pulse.

In your opinion, is Ewers playing well right now? Can he be an effective weapon on anything other than swing passes and an occasional 10+ yard pattern? Because if not, opposing teams can and will scheme to beat Ewers/us. OU is terrible so it didn’t matter. Georgia beat us. We should’ve beat Vandy by three TDs today but didn’t.

I fully understand Arch might not be on the same level today as Quinn — but I wouldn’t bet my life on that fact — and will make mistakes but I think the return on investment by going to Arch is going to be exponentially higher than rolling with what we have now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, gurt said:

And ewers is a figured out known commodity. You seem to really be going to bat for the guy, for some reason. Not sure why you think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe he gets the benefit of the doubt because he was integral in leading us out of a 14 year stretch in the desert and a CFP berth last year? And we’re 7-1 in the hunt for the playoff again? Is this a fucking bit??

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, gurt said:

And ewers is a figured out known commodity. You seem to really be going to bat for the guy, for some reason. Not sure why you think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Good Quinn can absolutely win out. But we also need our oline to get it's shit together. We are getting confused upfront and blowing protection. We have to fix that. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Maybe he gets the benefit of the doubt because he was integral in leading us out of a 14 year stretch in the desert and a CFP berth last year? And we’re 7-1 in the hunt for the playoff again? Is this a fucking bit??

Would the record be any different with Arch starting? Mich is the only game where there’s probably a chance of a different outcome and they’re trash.
  • Like 1

Our OL and RB talent aren’t enough to beat top 5 teams in the playoffs with a QB that throws mostly sideways passes off his back foot. We have to complete or at least threaten down the field to open up the underneath stuff. Having a QB that is a running threat adds an extra thing for defenses to think about. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Would the record be any different with Arch starting? Mich is the only game where there’s probably a chance of a different outcome and they’re trash.

I don’t know and neither do you. It could be the same, could be 8-0, could be 4-4. Arch is going to light it up here but it’s not a given that he’s ready yet and it’s folly to say we’d have the same record if he was starting every game. 

Edited by 936horn
  • Hook 'Em 2

Quinn had a decent game but looked way worse because of a terrible OL that left him vulnerable to sacks. His two interceptions were a combination of bad luck combined with a lack of pocket movement around the rush. So he’s somewhat responsible for those but not fully. He wasn’t as bad as this thread is saying. He was horrible a week ago for sure. Our OL is suddenly garbage. 

• Hook 'Em 4

25 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Ewers right now isn’t winning a title, but neither is Arch this year. The only QB on the roster that can win it all is Ewers before he was hurt. I think staying with Ewers hoping he can get back on track is the best way.

but I think the rest of the unit and the coaches too need to step it the fuck up as well. Shit execution all around.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

He's better than the version of Ewers we have seen the last 3 weeks.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

He has 1-2 really good games a year 3-4 average games and 1-2 bad games 

Yep. He’s an average to below average D1 QB. Needs brain surgery if he wants to keep playing football.

Edited by Tailgate
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, WinningIsHard said:

LOL. Will Howard plays at Ohio state. I get you pussies are angry but he’s going to transfer to a school that is probably going to the college football playoff. Holy shit what a stupid post 

Lol, fine, he can go play for Meatchicken. What a gaping vagina you are to give a single fuck about his prospects for transfer.