Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

3 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Lol, fine, he can go play for Meatchicken. What a gaping vagina you are to give a single fuck about his prospects for transfer. 

He helped us win the big 12 which Vince and Colt only one once each by the way, go to our first CFP, and he’s going to take us to the sec championship game. Our defense is filthy, I just want Quinn to not turn the ball over and our OL to block wayyyyyyyyyy better. That’s it. If he transfers though it’s fuckin stupid to think a program like Alabama, Oregon, Ohio state etc won’t take him and win a bunch of games with him. 

Just now, WinningIsHard said:

He helped us win the big 12 which Vince and Colt only one once each by the way, go to our first CFP, and he’s going to take us to the sec championship game. Our defense is filthy, I just want Quinn to not turn the ball over and our OL to block wayyyyyyyyyy better. That’s it. If he transfers though it’s fuckin stupid to think a program like Alabama, Oregon, Ohio state etc won’t take him and win a bunch of games with him. 

If he plays like he has the past 3 weeks there is no SEC championship. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

Man, when Vince and Colt were at Texas, the Big 12 was arguably the toughest conference. It wasnt even close to the same last year.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Kentucky is more of a threat than Florida. 

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Nah they’re bad. Florida beat the shit outta them. 

It’s funny that yall call Quinn a pussy. You’re terrified of teams that suck and then argue about which one sucks worse. That’s embarrassing and funny. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Man, when Vince and Colt were at Texas, the Big 12 was arguably the toughest conference. It wasnt even close to the same last year.

They had 7 combined years to win more than two, man. Two of the greatest college qb’s to ever play. According to y’all Quinn isn’t even in the top 25 of qb’s playing right now. Some asshole said he could transfer to Baylor or smu and he’d be serving hot dogs at Jerry world or selling car insurance soon. 

2 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

They had 7 combined years to win more than two, man. Two of the greatest college qb’s to ever play. According to y’all Quinn isn’t even in the top 25 of qb’s playing right now. Some asshole said he could transfer to Baylor or smu and he’d be serving hot dogs at Jerry world or selling car insurance soon. 

God you’re fucking retarded. There was no equivalent of a 2000s bob stoops Oklahoma in the big 12 last year. Congrats we won a shitty conference. Thanks for that Quinn. This isn’t last year this is this year. Quinn fucking sucks 

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Good Quinn can absolutely win out. But we also need our oline to get it's shit together. We are getting confused upfront and blowing protection. We have to fix that. 

Absolutely. Our o-line has regressed to the point that it looks like freshman o-line out there against average teams. I don't know what's going on, but those penalties are killing us, and getting bull rushed is unacceptable. 

1 hour ago, statsman said:

No. Quinn, coming back from injury at TCU, was better at pocket presence and decisiveness, until his painkiller wore off in the second half. Then, even better at ISU and on and on. 

This, here and now, is either injury or mental. 

They need to pump him full of Toradal and tell him to take it like a man. Also rubbing some dirt on it would help. 

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock

2 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Actually I think Quinn can be highly effective at the next level...

...as a groundskeeper 

He's going to be highly effective at getting whatever GM is dumb enough to draft him in the 1st round fired.  Though he's honestly playing so shit the past three weeks that if it keeps up, even NFL GMs might be smart enough to not take a flyer on him until a later round.  

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

I'm telling you that Arch isn't currently better. Simple as that. He holds the ball forever and doesn't see the field as well. We are currently playing decent teams and your one game reference to Arch being better is against a team Pig just hung half a hundo on. Here is what I know. Comfortable Ewers can beat anyone. Arch is still an unknown commodity that we have never seen play well vs anyone with a pulse.

Oh well if you’re telling us…lulz.

Arch hold the ball forever, well that would be a problem if our starter wasn’t the exact same way. Every supposed negative you throw out for Arch is also a problem for Quinn. That’s the whole fucking point

23 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

they both played multiple years against Ou teams that played for the title you fucking moron. 

Are we all watching a different game? Who else thought Quinn “looked like a super star” against Vanderbilt? Here’s an excerpt from the article.  

Quinn Ewers Bounces Back In Big Way in Texas Longhorns Win vs. Vanderbilt

But in the Longhorns' 27-24 win over Vanderbilt on Saturday, Ewers was the best version of himself, and he proved the doubters wrong. 

Of course, the game didn't get off to the best start, with a tipped pass getting intercepted on the Longhorns' opening drive, leading to a Vanderbilt touchdown. 

After that, however, Ewers looked like a superstar, completing his next 17 passes in a row for 211 yards and three touchdowns, and giving the Longhorns a commanding 21-10 lead at halftime.

https://www.si.com/college/texas/news/quinn-ewers-bounces-back-in-big-way-in-texas-longhorns-win-vs-vanderbilt-01jb5kcwj3g5

• Rage+1 1

Just now, MrBig said:

Are we all watching a different game? Who else thought Quinn “looked like a super star” against Vanderbilt? Here’s an excerpt from the article.  

Quinn Ewers Bounces Back In Big Way in Texas Longhorns Win vs. Vanderbilt

But in the Longhorns' 27-24 win over Vanderbilt on Saturday, Ewers was the best version of himself, and he proved the doubters wrong. 

Of course, the game didn't get off to the best start, with a tipped pass getting intercepted on the Longhorns' opening drive, leading to a Vanderbilt touchdown. 

After that, however, Ewers looked like a superstar, completing his next 17 passes in a row for 211 yards and three touchdowns, and giving the Longhorns a commanding 21-10 lead at halftime.

https://www.si.com/college/texas/news/quinn-ewers-bounces-back-in-big-way-in-texas-longhorns-win-vs-vanderbilt-01jb5kcwj3g5

People who read box scores. Not realizing vast majority of his completions were within 5 yards of the LOS 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

they both played multiple years against Ou teams that played for the title you fucking moron. 

You stupid mother fuckers keep telling me that with arch we are a national championship team. We had Vince and Colt but only won one and two conference championships. Those Bob stoops teams got their shit pushed in several times in those title games. What makes you so fucking sure? 

Just now, WinningIsHard said:

You stupid mother fuckers keep telling me that with arch we are a national championship team. We had Vince and Colt but only won one and two conference championships. Those Bob stoops teams got their shit pushed in several times in those title games. What makes you so fucking sure? 

nana changing GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

It’s Quinn ewers fatigue syndrome. His experience makes Quinn better than arch this year. But ewers fatigue is setting in because he’s maxed out at this point. I’m fine either way at this point. I’m gonna try and just enjoy the season for what it is. Refs are gonna fuck us anyway no matter which  qb is playing. 

11 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

You are a fucking idiot that fingers your own butthole and licks said fingers for a tasty snack.

Just go away forever because nobody and I mean nobody likes you.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, WinningIsHard said:

Texas is going to win a bunch of game with him and unless there's some improbable get right moment over the bye week, he's still not going to lead Texas to any hardware goals.

To the extent there's ill will toward him in the fanbase that's underserved and those people should probably go find a hobby or seek therapy or something, but if this is what Texas is going to get out of him the rest of the season it will be time to move on. As planned, by the way. I think everyone, Ewers and camp included, knew that going into the year.

If we didn't last Arch, Dylan Raiola was coming here. I would take him right now, no questions asked over Ewers. 

Same with Julian Sayin. Both were coming here if we did9lans Arch. Instead, Arch is on the bench while Ewers struggles. 

He can't come back, right?

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Here is what’s wrong:

Quinn can’t throw deep. Sarks offense is predicated on vertical passing game. We can’t run full offense because Quinn sucks at throwing deep

If Sark is sticking with him, I am praying it is because he is injured and this will be fixed over the bye week. Because if not, we really need to bench him. Cant win throwing horizontal passes against the big boys. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Quinn had a decent game but looked way worse because of a terrible OL that left him vulnerable to sacks. His two interceptions were a combination of bad luck combined with a lack of pocket movement around the rush. So he’s somewhat responsible for those but not fully. He wasn’t as bad as this thread is saying. He was horrible a week ago for sure. Our OL is suddenly garbage. 

He was better today but not consistently good. A few really nice throws. Serviceable on a plurality of snaps; but the balance - way too much - was "wtf was that!?"

Honestly he landed in that grey area where a coach isn't going to see enough to bench him but accomplishing big goals like an SEC championship or playoff run become hard to picture. 

You are right about the OL. By far their worst game of the year in pass pro today, Georgia included. I'd say they run blocked well enough at least except for the fucking holding calls that killed drive after drive.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Here is what’s wrong:

Quinn can’t throw deep. Sarks offense is predicated on vertical passing game. We can’t run full offense because Quinn sucks at throwing deep

Agree 100%. Just said it that way as many don’t want to acknowledge there could possibly be a qb issue . Despite the fact that when you watch the offense there is a huge problem with play at the leadership position. The solution is another issue that I will trust the coaching staff is in the best position to make. 

31 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

You are conflating the idea that moving on from Quinn means we are saying Arch is going to win us a championship. That is not what is being said. What we are saying is that Quinn is NOT going to lead us to a title, so every snap with Quinn is just wasting time when we can be giving snaps to someone who could potentially lead us back to the top. 

Those of us who are over 35 have seen Colt and Vince play with our own eyes and we can clearly see that Quinn is not even in the same stratosphere as them. You know it when you see it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrBig said:

You are conflating the idea that moving on from Quinn means we are saying Arch is going to win us a championship. That is not what is being said. What we are saying is that Quinn is NOT going to lead us to a title, so every snap with Quinn is just wasting time when we can be giving snaps to someone who could potentially lead us back to the top. 

Those of us who are over 35 have seen Colt and Vince play with our own eyes and we can clearly see that Quinn is not even in the same stratosphere as them. You know it when you see it. 

People wanted to move on from Colt after his sophomore year

What are the coaches possibly seeing that we aren't?
Lots of very valid points from lots of people, not just on this board, that Quinn needs to be QB2. I'm one of them.
I think I'm a pretty smart guy, but I certainly think Sark and the other offensive coaches are way smarter than me when it comes to who should be QB1. So, what am I missing?

• Hook 'Em 1

If we didn't last Arch, Dylan Raiola was coming here. I would take him right now, no questions asked over Ewers. 
Same with Julian Sayin. Both were coming here if we did9lans Arch. Instead, Arch is on the bench while Ewers struggles. 
He can't come back, right?

He’s gone next season, either to the NFL or another program. If Sark loses Arch to transfer to continue to play Ewers, that mother fucker needs to fired into the sun too.
  • Hook 'Em 1