Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

38 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm guessing if there's "politics" involved, it's a commitment to the Manning family not to play Arch before he's "ready."

I have absolutely no inside info, but I've always read it as a commitment to the ewers family.  

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

The other one on the left sideline. The 2nd TD for Texas. Not even a question about that being over 10 yards

You're correct. The twitter link of Quinn's throws on page 246 did not include his TD pass to Moore at 1:13 in the 1st Q. That 27 yard pass (0 YAC) wasn't included in my post summarizing Quinn's throws. I should have double checked that the video included all 37 attempts.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Quinn's a game manager, not a playmaker.  If a unit is sup par, he is going to be sub par.  He doesn't elevate the play of anyone.

Which is why it drives me crazy when his apologist try and compare him to Colt or Vince.  

I would even argue it’s not Quinn’s progression that has lead to an increase in wins each season but the talent around him getting better.  

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, immamac said:

You think he's just stupid? I mean that could be it I'd like to believe that isn't the case. 

You can call it stupid but he’s likely just a mentally young QB. His first read at Texas has been wide open more often than not because Sark is good at what he does and we’ve had electric playmakers. When the coverage is obvious pre snap, he’s generally been decisive and able to progress through reads. When it’s disguised and coverage is good off the line, he’s indecisive and won’t see open receivers that aren’t his first read. It’s hard to process good defenses in real time and he doesn’t have the scrambling ability to hide this deficiency. We’ve played 3 straight good to great defenses. The mental aspect of the QB position is intense as fuck and he’s clearly not prepared well enough pre-game to be decisive in-game. Elite QBs are smart mother fuckers OR they’re athletic freaks. He’s neither yet. So as you’ve put it, his play makes him look like a stupid pussy ass bitch. 

Edited by B00M

A month or so ago Wadlington had numbers on Quinn when pressured/not pressured

I dont remember the exact numbers, but when Quinn was pressured, his completion percentage and ADoT dropped like 40-45%. He is not good at all when he is pressured or doesnt run PA. 

also, him not being a run threat at all really hampers this offense. Add in moving away from the run game with Blue and Wisner, and teams are just teeing off on him/us. And i know ive said it before but it makes us extremely predictable and one dimensional. Childs play for defensive coordinators

1 hour ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Jerrick Gibson is perfectly fine. Why Sarkisian hates him is baffling. 

When your QB has the yips because of constant protection busts and errors, playing the freshman RB who probably struggles with pass protection will make it worse.  At least I hope that's the reason rather than a Mack "freshmen lose games" mentality.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Time to move on.

This would be bad for Sark and Texas long term, especially if Arch comes in and struggles. Then you have 2 head fucked former #1 5-star QBs, a cratered offense, and suddenly it’s very tough to recruit another top QB… realistically, QE isn’t durable enough to play the rest of the season so Arch will organically get another chance to steal the job without Sark having to risk everything. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Because anyone with two eyes sees that Quinn actually is playing like a giant pussy?

Playing like a pussy is not what you've been saying, dude, according to you not only IS he pussy, but he's tanking us to preserve his draft stock (which laughable on its own). Just unbelievably moronic.

Next to you start to call someone a pussy or a little bitch, as you like to do, pause and look up "projection." 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I think we lose to aggy if we dont make the switch. We have to have a dynamic offense and we do not have that right now. So unless Ewers makes a 180 against a Florida, then we really need to make the change, I agree. 

If Quinn plays vs Florida, it’s Quinn the rest of the way.  Whoever starts that game is our guy.  There won’t be a “let’s see how he does vs Florida and re-eval”. 

1 minute ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

If Quinn plays vs Florida, it’s Quinn the rest of the way.  Whoever starts that game is our guy.  There won’t be a “let’s see how he does vs Florida and re-eval”. 

There is no if.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Definitely not great, but better than I remember on initial watch. Climbed the pocket much better this week, expected against a worse DL though. Definitely playing rushed at times. Took a lot of hits, we’ll see Arch again if that keeps happening. 

He took 2 sacks he didn't need to take and he is horrible throwing passes longer than 10 yards. Everything is designed at or behind the LOS. The 2nd INT was just a horrible decision. Throw that shit away.

This is not a QB currently capable of winning the remaining important games  left on our schedule.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

What is Quinn's longest in the air pass completion this year?  Is that even a thing anyone could possibly know?

Air yards is a thing that is tracked. Quinn's average air yards have gone down every season at Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

I would be shocked if Quinn’s stock isn’t falling amongst NFL scouts and GM’s, and I’d go as far as to assume he’s currently off their radars as a day one draft pick with the one caveat that they “might” allow consideration that he’s been playing hurt since returning from OU and/or that his O-line has their own questions.  Quinn needs a special November/December to change that narrative

I disagree with the throw to Wingo in the EZ being a great throw. It was a shitty throw, bcause Wingo had his man beat but Quinn threw a flat ball instead of a ball to the pylon. Wingo had to adjust to the poor throw which allowed the DB to make the play he did.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So Quinn had 211 yards and 3 TDs in the 1H, then 77 yards and no TDs in the 2H. He's back to playing like his freshmen season where he couldn't put together 2 good halves of football. I don't think he's played a complete game outside of Michigan this season where there wasn't a dramatic difference between his 1st and 2nd half stats. Even Michgian wasn't that great, but we controlled that game from the beginning so we could shut it down in the 2nd half. But if the WR talent we have, Quinn should routinely be in the mid-300s with 3+ TDs every game.

It shouldn't be lost that Texas high point total against a P4 school was Arch leading us to 35 against Mississippi State.

Edited by HtownHorn

13 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I disagree with the throw to Wingo in the EZ being a great throw. It was a shitty throw, bcause Wingo had his man beat but Quinn threw a flat ball instead of a ball to the pylon. Wingo had to adjust to the poor throw which allowed the DB to make the play he did.

100%. You’re taught to throw to back corner 

9 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

I would be shocked if Quinn’s stock isn’t falling amongst NFL scouts and GM’s, and I’d go as far as to assume he’s currently off their radars as a day one draft pick with the one caveat that they “might” allow consideration that he’s been playing hurt since returning from OU and/or that his O-line has their own questions.  Quinn needs a special November/December to change that narrative

He probably was off quite a few day one boards the minute he got injured.  This was his year to show he can go injury free.  He isn't a big guy, and has a long list of injury issues.  That is not a good mix.  At this point there is no way he is first rounder.  His vertical passing game isn't just weak it's among the worst in NCAA.

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

So Quinn had 211 yards and 3 TDs in the 1H, then 77 yards and no TDs in the 2H. He's back to playing like his freshmen season where he couldn't put together 2 good halves of football. I don't think he's played a complete game outside of Michigan this season where there wasn't a dramatic difference between his 1st and 2nd half stats. Even Michgian wasn't that great, but we controlled that game from the beginning so we could shut it down in the 2nd half. But if the WR talent we have, Quinn should routinely be in the mid-300s with 3+ TDs every game.

They stopped playing man coverage after halftime. Once they brought continuous pressure he collapsed like the French army. No team left will play man - something has to change or Quinn won’t start the last three of them imo. 

32 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

Playing like a pussy is not what you've been saying, dude, according to you not only IS he pussy, but he's tanking us to preserve his draft stock (which laughable on its own). Just unbelievably moronic.

Next to you start to call someone a pussy or a little bitch, as you like to do, pause and look up "projection." 

Watch him play. He plays like a pussy and does shit to protect himself and it’s 100% because the big knock on him has been health. Dude hasn’t had a full healthy season since he was a freshmen/sophomore in HS

2 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

They stopped playing man coverage after halftime. Once they brought continuous pressure he collapsed like the French army. No team left will play man - something has to change or Quinn won’t start the last three of them imo. 

Nope, they shouldn't unless they want to get beat deep and give up tons of YAC.

But, not many teams can duplicate what Georgia did. Vandy's 2nd Half defense is doable for errbody, though.

11 hours ago, Rip76 said:

We need to make the switch now, to be prepared for next year.

This is what everyone is missing. We have to start looking at next year. If people want to delude themselves into thinking Quinn isn't mentally broken, I can't help them. He is, he's just broken and isn't getting "fixed" or healing.

If a defense doesn't have to prepare for 1) A mobile QB (Quinn isn't at all) 2) A QB who doesn't throw beyond 10 yards (Quinn doesn't because he can't AND won't) 3) Defaults to check down.. it's extremely easy to dial up a D. Vandy was the worst D we will see down the stretch save perhaps Florida. If people can't understand that it such a simple QB game plan make your running game stagnate and Oline look bad, I can't help them.

Something worse is happening and I may have missed it here, but you could see it on the field last night. Because the head coach isn't making a call of QB change that EVERYONE can see it's frustrating the Oline, WRs and even the defense. They're losing faith in the "program" and more importantly in the coach. Everything Sark has coached is earning your position on merit. Quinn hasn't. He's losing the fucking entire team. 

So if we don't want to drop 2-3 more games, don't want to lose a shit ton of talent to the portal, understand it's going adversely effect incoming portal talent, and at the very worst even the long term QB room... Sark has to man up, make the call, make the switch and save a nose dive. It's on the edge, and if a team quits on a head coach, there is almost never a recovery. 

It's that fucking dire. If fans here can't see it, they haven't been watching the cycles of college football long enough.

This is potentially a coach and program destroying mistake. Sark has to change it, and change it now.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Thank you. It was not a good throw at all. It was a minor miracle Wingo even got a hand on it. Passes like that get picked more often than not.

10 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Nope, they shouldn't unless they want to get beat deep and give up tons of YAC.

But, not many teams can duplicate what Georgia did. Vandy's 2nd Half defense is doable for errbody, though.

Quinn can’t throw deep with any consistency - it’s not a serious threat defenses have to plan around or worry about. Hence zero TDs in the second half. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

This is what everyone is missing. We have to start looking at next year. If people want to delude themselves into thinking Quinn isn't mentally broken, I can't help them. He is, he's just broken and isn't getting "fixed" or healing.

If a defense doesn't have to prepare for 1) A mobile QB (Quinn isn't at all) 2) A QB who doesn't throw beyond 10 yards (Quinn doesn't because he can't AND won't) 3) Defaults to check down.. it's extremely easy to dial up a D. Vandy was the worst D we will see down the stretch save perhaps Florida. If people can't understand that it such a simple QB game plan make your running game stagnate and Oline look bad, I can't help them.

Something worse is happening and I may have missed it here, but you could see it on the field last night. Because the head coach isn't making a call of QB change that EVERYONE can see it's frustrating the Oline, WRs and even the defense. They're losing faith in the "program" and more importantly in the coach. Everything Sark has coached is earning your position on merit. Quinn hasn't. He's losing the fucking entire team. 

So if we don't want to drop 2-3 more games, don't want to lose a shit ton of talent to the portal, understand it's going adversely effect incoming portal talent, and at the very worst even the long term QB room... Sark has to man up, make the call, make the switch and save a nose dive. It's on the edge, and if a team quits on a head coach, there is almost never a recovery. 

It's that fucking dire. If fans here can't see it, they haven't been watching the cycles of college football long enough.

This is potentially a coach and program destroying mistake. Sark has to change it, and change it now.

It’s not quite that dire but I can see “dire” at the next off-ramp or two. Sark still has cover that Ewers and Texas are 7-1 and in the top five. The next Georgia-like performance — and likely loss — will start the clock. Many season goals go down the toilet with another defeat — SEC Championship Game, berth in the CFP, etc.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Quinn can’t throw deep with any consistency - it’s not a serious threat defenses have to plan around or worry about. Hence zero TDs in the second half. 

Yeah, even the fade to Moore was underthrown.

This situation is frustrating. I don't think Arch is mentally ready to win a championship this year because he still processes things too slowly. But, his running ability may be just what the offense needs right now.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Vandy was the worst D we will see down the stretch save perhaps Florida. If

I posted earlier in the week but here is defensive FEI including Vandy 

Vandy - 92

Florida - 40

Arkansas - 30

Kentucky - 27

Aggie -  18

everyone of these teams have good defensive fronts that will bring pressure to Quinn  

Kentucky is arguably the worst remaining team on our schedule. Florida curb stomped them. 

11 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

No better time to make a change than the bye week

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

This situation is frustrating. I don't think Arch is mentally ready to win a championship this year because he still processes things too slowly. But, his running ability may be just what the offense needs right now.

Arch touchdown to Moore vs Miss St where he stands in the pocket and takes a big hit is something Quinn can’t do. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Yep we're right in that zone. I still think QE pulls through, maybe not all the way--last year plus one, call it. If we're playing Arch there's less of a chance for that IMO but it would be amazing. 

30 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

So Quinn had 211 yards and 3 TDs in the 1H, then 77 yards and no TDs in the 2H. He's back to playing like his freshmen season where he couldn't put together 2 good halves of football. I don't think he's played a complete game outside of Michigan this season 

After the first half Vanderbilt started scheming for the screens and sideline passes more….  That was all the yards in the first half minus a couple.  

Edited by Hook1997

3 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

What are all you bitchy ass bitches gonna bitch about when Quinn and the rest of the offense clean this shit up a bit and we roll into the SEC Championship Game and skullfuck Tennessee?

Quinn seeing a therapist over the bye week? Maybe he can see a hypnotist and block out his gaping pussy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Yeah, not this. 

Quinn has issues, but he was definitely improved yesterday from OU and Georgia. Fix the pass blocking, and everything else gets better. We need good Quinn to show up, but he isn't going to be consistent until he can trust the line to not fuck up the protection. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

What are all you bitchy ass bitches gonna bitch about when Quinn and the rest of the offense clean this shit up a bit and we roll into the SEC Championship Game and skullfuck Tennessee?

I don't care about individual players, I care about Texas winning. If Quinn cleans it up and unfucks his mind, then good for him and I will be happy because that means Texas is successful. I don't understand the love affair with players over the university unless it's your kid.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I posted earlier in the week but here is defensive FEI including Vandy 

Vandy - 92

Florida - 40

Arkansas - 30

Kentucky - 27

Aggie -  18

everyone of these teams have good defensive fronts that will bring pressure to Quinn  

Kentucky is arguably the worst remaining team on our schedule. Florida curb stomped them. 

No better time to make a change than the bye week

Appreciate the data update and agreed. It's time to make the switch. If Sark doesn't I'll have lost most of the faith and good will he has built within my mind to this point. I'm damn sure, I'm not alone.

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Yeah, not this. 

Quinn has issues, but he was definitely improved yesterday from OU and Georgia. Fix the pass blocking, and everything else gets better. We need good Quinn to show up, but he isn't going to be consistent until he can trust the line to not fuck up the protection. 

No he wasn't, Vandys D was just that bad.