Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

When Majors doesn’t do his job the ball gets tipped and intercepted and Texas doesn’t score points. Wtf are you yammering about?

Did Majors throw the ball? Did Majors force Ewers to throw right into the hands of the rusher? Did Majors hit Quinn causing the ball to go flying out of his hand? You act like Ewers doesn't have a bad arm angle that leads to a lot of tipped passes.

Did Majors miss a block, shit happens, a 1st round NFL QB still delivers the pass to Golden. Like I said, you guys defending his shitty play expect perfection from everyone except the him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Did Majors throw the ball? Did Majors force Ewers to throw right into the hands of the rusher? Did Majors hit Quinn causing the ball to go flying out of his hand? You act like Ewers doesn't have a bad arm angle that leads to a lot of tipped passes.

Did Majors miss a block, shit happens, a 1st round NFL QB still delivers the pass to Golden. Like I said, you guys defending his shitty play expect perfection from everyone except the him.

You’re literally glossing over an OL fuckup leading to a turnover.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

OH NO HE MISSED THE THROW (I admitted he missed it) That shit happens to QBs at every level at times.  If you guys were not rolling around in your own feces that he's just absolute shit that one play is the kind of nitpick this thread should be going through.  You all are also packaging it with some ridiculous takes like claiming the other two points were horrible plays. They were not.  QBs with an 11 point lead in scoring position on the road against a scrappy team early in the 3Q shouldn't just be firing balls all over the place just because you say they should.  

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Did Majors throw the ball? Did Majors force Ewers to throw right into the hands of the rusher? Did Majors hit Quinn causing the ball to go flying out of his hand?

You expect a QB to anticipate nobody getting a hand on a blitzing LB allowing him free elevation?  That's a QB problem?  JFC.  Post less.

• Hook 'Em 7

2 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

No dude. Ewers is a 5 star and should have no problem lighting up Vandy regardless of what the protection looks like. Don’t try to suggest that the OL full of 5 stars should be able to handle a 3 star Vandy DL regardless of what the QB is doing, that’s different. 

Our OL is full of 5 stars? Banks and…?

53 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

He threw this ball to Bolden after a holding call and got the 1st down. Climbed the pocket to deliver it and everything. Kept him clean. Straight dropback where he can see the routes develop.

He takes four steps in the 3 step drop. He catches the snap, hops backwards with his left foot and then starts the 3 step drop. As soon as he gets to the top of the drop he hops forward with both feet at the moment Bolden is breaking free. The ball should be thrown to the 30yard line but Quinn is not ready to throw because he hopped forward after the drop. He shouldn’t have to scramble to make this play. 

Top of drop

IMG_8524.thumb.jpeg.74f302e72f23d1403cb6080c1c2050cc.jpeg

Hop forward when Bolden is breaking inside

IMG_8525.thumb.jpeg.3d907d272580c0e841579dd390d7e8d1.jpeg

After hop, feet not set to throw 

IMG_8526.thumb.jpeg.0a8df03c5688c8699bfd1d5d80e68186.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Skipper said:

You expect a QB to anticipate nobody getting a hand on a blitzing LB allowing him free elevation?  That's a QB problem?  JFC.  Post less.

If he somehow has the reaction time to elevate his release angle enough to get it over that particular tip it’s an overthrow and probably a pick. If he pulls the throw down he’s sacked and everyone here yells at him for self sacking. 

16 minutes ago, B00M said:

Our OL is full of 5 stars? Banks and…?

Yea I guess Williams is just a high 4. Probably why Vandy ate his lunch

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, MrBig said:

He takes four steps in the 3 step drop. He catches the snap, hops backwards with his left foot and then starts the 3 step drop. As soon as he gets to the top of the drop he hops forward with both feet at the moment Bolden is breaking free. The ball should be thrown to the 30yard line but Quinn is not ready to throw because he hopped forward after the drop. He shouldn’t have to scramble to make this play. 

Top of drop

IMG_8524.thumb.jpeg.74f302e72f23d1403cb6080c1c2050cc.jpeg

Hop forward when Bolden is breaking inside

IMG_8525.thumb.jpeg.3d907d272580c0e841579dd390d7e8d1.jpeg

After hop, feet not set to throw 

IMG_8526.thumb.jpeg.0a8df03c5688c8699bfd1d5d80e68186.jpeg

looks like he’s looking at the Moore/Golden at the bottom. Almost as if he’s got route combos and coverages to read and isn’t sitting at his computer with a birds eye view and 24 hours worth of hindsight. Bolden was maybe the 3rd option on that play and what a fucking play to pick to complain about. “Quinn made an excellent play but not like I like it so he sucks.” What a take.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I agree that the banged-up RB room is affecting the QB play.  If we had CJ Baxter, everything would be different, and it will be next year.

I know we all want to see us run the ball more, but the reality is that we don't have a 3rd and 3 type of running back on this active roster.  And, Sark is likely afraid of getting another RB hurt if we start calling a ton of running plays.  We're pretty much forced into trying to use the horizontal passing game as a running game sometimes, but everybody and their mother knows that's what we're doing. 

All of that aside, I'm hoping that having two weeks off will get Quinn right.  If we can get him playing the way he did in the first three games, we're gonna win out and go to Atlanta.  If not, we're gonna lose to aggy or Arky, and maybe both.  So, if Quinn's struggles continue in the Florida game, I want to see both quarterbacks get drives.  I know, everybody hates the two-quarterback thing, and I usually do, too, but Arch's speed immediately fixes our predictability problem, which I believe is the #1 problem we've got.  It's not just that Quinn isn't 100%, it's also that defenses have a very good idea of what's coming.  Give Arch some series and we give them a lot more to have to think about.

Or, 100% Quinn is back for Florida, and not a moment too soon.  We'll see, but it has to be one of those two options.

He was as close to 100 percent as he'll get this past Saturday. 

He was back to proper mechanics (as close as he ever gets) throwing the ball. 

He stepped up in the pocket and made throws. 

He showed he could run a little to get a first down. 

The inability to read the line and maneuver around defenders for throws has always been him. We got burned by his deflected passes in the playoff game. It happened to him in a lot of games last season. If he hasn't learned by now he's not learning here with this program. 

He can't consistently throw an accurate deep ball. Not enough to make defenses respect it. DCs know Sark is going to get him involved in the quick game early because if he doesn't have easy throws early he gets wildly inconsistent and his mechanics go to shit. 

He's just a predictable QB. Very accurate when right on short throws and intermediate throws, but can't throw deep balls. Can't maneuver in the pocket well at all. Can't burn you with his legs. Has to have short rhythm throws early to get him into a game. 

Just too many predictable things a decent defense and good DC can tee off on. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Dan Wentzel praised Quinn in their CFB Enquirer podcast today. Said he had a very good bounce back game after getting benched and showed maturity. 

Literally every ranking list said the same thing…. You want to know how national media doesn’t pay attention to anything but the stat line and doesn’t watch whole games and have no clue what’s actually going on?   

Edited by Hook1997

4 minutes ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

God our fans suck. Can’t wait to watch Ewers beat aggy twice, win the SEC, and then win the whole fucking thing.

We’ll still have some idiots in here calling him a pussy.

Sir did you see you in the game thread and aggy game thread??

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Dan Wentzel praised Quinn in their CFB Enquirer podcast today. Said he had a very good bounce back game after getting benched and showed maturity. 

53 minutes ago, B00M said:

On3 did too. 

These CFB people cant watch every game. There's way too much to see, and with today's 10 second attention spans they feel they have to get content out RIGHT AWAY or else miss out on clicks. They watch the biggest matchup of the week and maybe 1 other game. They all watched out game with Georgia. Not one of them watched is play yesterday. They're just going on stats and repeating what each other say in a big circle jerk. 

Team specific people watch their team's games. Both IT and Bobby's Kids said Quinn was better but lacking and had a decent yet uneven performance. 

Edited by Hermanator

If there is nothing wrong with how Quinn has been playing surely he will be drafted in the first round, as was predicted at the beginning of the year. Let's see if the GMs buy the excuses put forth here by a few posters. 

4 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

If there is nothing wrong with how Quinn has been playing surely he will be drafted in the first round, as was predicted at the beginning of the year. Let's see if the GMs buy the excuses put forth here by a few posters. 

QE will be fine. He looked much better against Vanderbilt despite our OL playing their worst game of the season outside of GA. 

Is he a 1st round pick? Probably not. Who cares though, he’s battle tested and I think he thrives when he’s playing with a chip on his shoulder.

Fuck the haters (myself included), Ewers is our guy. I think he finishes the season strong just like 2023.

Edited by Wilcox Cummingtonite

33 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Are the people saying this in the room with us right now? 

He really does need Bond back in the worst way. He's his security blanket and Bond can make nothing into something, which opens up the passing game for other players like Helm, Moore, and Golden. Once Bond comes back, we'll see a different Quinn, but if that one pkayer is out he just melts into humpback whale squirt shit.