Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

22 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Mr. Pibb was basically prune juice, even moreso than Dr. Pepper.  Not that it was all that bad, but prunes?

My dad worked for KO for over 30 years. We had a fridge in the garage with nothing but Coke products. They categorized Dr. Pepper and Mr. Pibb as "Spicy Cherry".

Vanilla Coke and Citra (basically Fresca with sugar instead of artificial sweetener) were the shit, and Barq's is the best root beer because it's the only one I know of with caffeine (which gives it its "bite").

Edited by TotallyLegit
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

The Mr. Pibb they used to mix and serve at movie theaters is the best fucking soft drink ever. Beverage-wise second only to bourbon

I've never been to a theater that even served Pibb. Now you have me curious. 

Mr. Pibb used to make an energy drink that was the best thing to ever grace planet earth. Holy hell was it amazing. The discontinued it because lame ass people either didn't know it existed or didn't buy it because Red Bull/Rockstar/Monster are the big players. But it was absolutely fucking amazing. 

It now sells on Amazon for like $200 for a 12 pack because it's so rare. I love it, but not that much. 

42 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

I've never been to a theater that even served Pibb. Now you have me curious. 

This is going back to the late 70s/early 80s. It's like they only offered Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing in an envelope that you mixed with buttermilk, which they still make and is still excellent. Then they bottled it for convenience sake. Not even the same stuff my friend

• Like 2

I get the general impression there's a  lot of folks around here that ain't never had an ice-cold I mean ice-fucking-cold Dub - that'd be Double Cola to mosta y'all - and a Moon Pie on a hot August day. Nor probably a Gruntstick and a Sweetjuice Cola. Getting old sucks.

Hook'em

Grape soda is the undisputed best during a hot day working in the sun. Its mid most other times.

The delaware punch that James Coney Island used to serve was God's own elixir too pure for human consumption. We can only hope humanity redeems itself one day to a point we can be allowed permission to taste its sweet nectar once again.

31 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

I get the general impression there's a  lot of folks around here that ain't never had an ice-cold I mean ice-fucking-cold Dub - that'd be Double Cola to mosta y'all - and a Moon Pie on a hot August day.

Uh, the propuh suthern terminology is RC Cola and a Moon Pie.  Get it raight.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tex Long said:

I get the general impression there's a  lot of folks around here that ain't never had an ice-cold I mean ice-fucking-cold Dub - that'd be Double Cola to mosta y'all - and a Moon Pie on a hot August day. Nor probably a Gruntstick and a Sweetjuice Cola. Getting old sucks.

Hook'em

The only thing I've heard of is a Moon Pie, and only because of Sam Rockwell in Green Mile. I've never had one, what are the? I have no idea what the rest is. Do they still make Sweetjuice Cola and Gruntsrick? 

2 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

The only thing I've heard of is a Moon Pie, and only because of Sam Rockwell in Green Mile. I've never had one, what are the? I have no idea what the rest is. Do they still make Sweetjuice Cola and Gruntsrick? 

Think marshmallow between graham cracker, coated in thin chocolate. 

My bad on the quote. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Hook'em

South Austin's mom has had some grunt sticks.

The preferred nomenclature is simply "RC". There is no "Cola" in the correct appellation  of that beverage, although it may be added at times for the convenience of folk who are unfortunate enough to hail from certain northerly latitudes, or others of similar ignorance.

Southerners who are more knowledgeable regarding the availability of darkly hued libations are aware that the favored companion of a Moon Pie is a Dub. Again, note the lack of the - need we say, unnecessary - additional "Cola". 

As a member of a group which may be considered as Johnny-come-latelies, you should refrain from feeling yourself unduly criticised or in any way unwelcome, as you are more than appreciated in the very bosom of the SECSECSEC and environs, as are your moneys and your prestige.

11 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

The preferred nomenclature is simply "RC". There is no "Cola" in the correct appellation  of that beverage, although it may be added at times for the convenience of folk who are unfortunate enough to hail from certain northerly latitudes, or others of similar ignorance.

Southerners who are more knowledgeable regarding the availability of darkly hued libations are aware that the favored companion of a Moon Pie is a Dub. Again, note the lack of the - need we say, unnecessary - additional "Cola". 

As a member of a group which may be considered as Johnny-come-latelies, you should refrain from feeling yourself unduly criticised or in any way unwelcome, as you are more than appreciated in the very bosom of the SECSECSEC and environs, as are your moneys and your prestige.

JFC, you drank Coke with actual coke in it, didn’t you.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Hook'em

For the first time in 68 years, I had a rootbeer float this past Saturday.

It paired rather well with this strawberry shortcake Pizookie…

IMG_6118.jpeg

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

13 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

JFC, you drank Coke with actual coke in it, didn’t you.

It was legal at the time. It came in a little bottle and you put a 1/2 teaspoon of it in a six ounce glass, filled the glass with soda water, stirred it up with the teaspoon, and slurped that stuff down. Excellent for headaches and/or brain-fog. I wish I was the guy who came up with the idea of pre-mixing it and bottling it. Dub had twice the caffeine, but that was later - but was still before Jolt. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

I recall a lot of scoffing when some of us claimed his play would improve by dropping the mullet and going with a high and tight.

Apology accepted.

Just got myself a #3 buzz from Avenue Barber Shop in support. Pretty sure my scalp is already sun-burnt, but it's worth it.

• Hook 'Em 1

It was legal at the time. It came in a little bottle and you put a 1/2 teaspoon of it in a six ounce glass, filled the glass with soda water, stirred it up with the teaspoon, and slurped that stuff down. Excellent for headaches and/or brain-fog. I wish I was the guy who came up with the idea of pre-mixing it and bottling it. Dub had twice the caffeine, but that was later - but was still before Jolt. 

I remember guys shotgunning jolt before football games and during half time. Theyd pop no doze with them.

I drank one once and it was terrible.

7 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Well, it's right on the fucking bottle, circa 1955 (and earlier):

image.png.b37bb1750587e11ec9ef7768253d2f92.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Their own commercials called it RC Cola.  Here is one example

8 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

I recall a lot of scoffing when some of us claimed his play would improve by dropping the mullet and going with a high and tight.

Apology accepted.

I thought he looked like a douche from day 1. I was quite gruntled when he smoked OU though. Glad he no longer looks homeless. 

• Like 2