Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

Just now, closetojumping said:

I’ve reflected. You’re a humorless autist and you’re now going on ignore. We’ll both enjoy the experience better from here, clearly. 

Well, autist, yeah. I’ve owned that one. Not humorless, though. Since you can’t resist replying, that’s probably for the best, indeed. 

9 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Hey, I’m not the one whining about a conversation then resurrecting it, twice, after it’s already faded. Nor am I denying that I’m very literal. If a conversation is vexing you, let it fade. Complaining about it just brings it to the top again. 

I was speaking about the person you were talking to sir. 25 years on these boards and I'm fairly certain he's been the same guy through it all lol. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, WinningIsHard said:

I was speaking about the person you were talking to sir. 25 years on these boards and I'm fairly certain he's been the same guy through it all lol. 

Fair. I misread it. And he’s been the same since Austin360 so, yeah, probably not the sagest bit of advice I’ve ever thrown out there. 

1 hour ago, Rhinotx said:

I’m wondering if after all the running back issues against Michigan they didn’t practice doing handoffs over and over this week in practice. If he was twisting his abdomen constantly all week could have contributed to a strain. He was handing off when he took a knee. 

He took an elbow from a UTSA player directly into his abdomen. It was a cheap shot, This wasn't some sort of freak incident. You could see Ewers on the sideline talking to a trainer about it.

• Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

You would think there were 10 of me if we’d have encountered each other on here 20 years ago. I’ve gotten soft as I’ve gotten older. 

11 hours ago, Pimphand said:

If it were me I would let Arch go at OU if it looks like he's struggling then I would stick Ewers in and let him close out.

I like the element of surprise but I realize this is probably not the most popular opinion.

To be fair to the rest of us, you're an idiot. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You would think there were 10 of me if we’d have encountered each other on here 20 years ago. I’ve gotten soft as I’ve gotten older. 

Lol I don't doubt that for a second, you may use less words but I don't think anybody would have trouble finding your posting style if they compared your posts now to 20 years ago. That's all I meant, good or bad you are unapologetically you. 

23 minutes ago, kevwun said:

UTSA is rather dirty as a team.  I think I'd be ok not playing them again until Traylor is gone.  There are lots of other schools that will more graciously accept 40 point ass beatings.

Sure as shit was. I wanted to be a fan of Traylor since he was a Texas guy and had a lot of supporters in his time here. People rooting for him to be a Texas HS football success story.... but after hearing that he let Denver Harris on his team, and seeing how they played on Saturday, it's becoming clear what kind of program he's building down there, and I'm out. We'll see how lucky he got having Frank Harris in his 5th, 6th and 7th years of NCAA experience running that offense for him.

• Hook 'Em 1

I couldn't make out the guy's number -- either 1 or 7, neither of which makes sense if you look at their roster, and their font is too stylish to be useful -- but he was getting really mouthy at Sark very late in the first half.  It was when Sark had a clear view of a facemask that wasn't called.  It looked like he told the UTSA guy to fuck off.

2 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Fair. I misread it. And he’s been the same since Austin360 so, yeah, probably not the sagest bit of advice I’ve ever thrown out there. 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

IMG_0157.gif.7291bcc8d2ade0115fa601d20116443c.gif

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

UTSA is rather dirty as a team.  I think I'd be ok not playing them again until Traylor is gone.  There are lots of other schools that will more graciously accept 40 point ass beatings.

2 hours ago, Nope said:

Salty over Trey Moore

Been going back and forth over this. Not because it wasn’t dirty, it was. But to me it looks like any previous goodwill towards JT, if any still existed, is gone. 

There are other system schools we could help out instead, if we need a system school. Or maybe we don’t, and find some other scrubs that are happy to play clean, and take a nice check for a test drive of our lambo. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

A school that would give Denver "Parking Garage Drift" Harris a scholarship is probably not the most cautious when it comes to safety and injuries

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

IMG_0157.gif.7291bcc8d2ade0115fa601d20116443c.gif

Been going back and forth over this. Not because it wasn’t dirty, it was. But to me it looks like any previous goodwill towards JT, if any still existed, is gone. 

There are other system schools we could help out instead, if we need a system school. Or maybe we don’t, and find some other scrubs that are happy to play clean, and take a nice check for a test drive of our lambo. 

It looks like we've contracted to host them again in 2026, 2028, and 2030. I wonder if Traylor will still be there in 2026? His team isn't good this year, but they're in a weak conference and he's a good coach. Maybe they get bowl eligible. If they have a good season next year, I'm guessing he takes the first offer he gets at the end of that season. 

4 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

No doc here, but oblique strains are throwing injuries, well known in baseball.35 day avg recovery time for pitchers, 26 for position players.Don’t know how those translate here.  Probably lucky to have him by OU.  Can’t play til this is fully healed, else reinjury.

What are you on about? Everyone here is a doctor...a lawyer...also a nurse...and an expert in hydraulics. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Do we have a video clip of this elbowing?

I think this would be the play?

It looks like Ewers takes a shot to the side on this play. Bothers him, but he stays in. Next play is the pass to Helm where Helm hurdled a guy. In the press conference, Sark said that was the play where Ewers got hurt, but I think what he meant was that is the play where Ewers realized he was hurt - the throwing motion probably didn't feel great. Next play is the handoff where the moment he gives the ball he starts to walk away like he's in serious pain. I think that's the play where Ewers decided "no, shit, I need to go out, I can't play through this."

Edited by Park Gothic
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, kevwun said:

4 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

The shoving and trash talking on the final play of a 50 point loss was...something.

But agree, feels like they're comfortable losing but inflicting as much pain as possible in the process and not above cheap shots to get there.

Trade out every UTSA game for Rice as far as I'm concerned, system school or not.

That chicken shit time out before halftime pissed me off.

Texas was content to not call a time out and let the half end, and UTSA calls time out with 2 seconds left. Texas is in a deep drop prevent defense on 3rd & 14?, UTSA runs the ball for a decent gain just to pad their stats. I thought, lets hang 50 or 60 on those fuckers.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

That chicken shit time out before halftime pissed me off.
Texas was content to not call a time out and let the half end, and UTSA calls time out with 2 seconds left. Texas is in a deep drop prevent defense on 3rd & 14?, UTSA runs the ball for a decent gain just to pad their stats. I thought, lets hang 50 or 60 on those fuckers.  

That was some online bullshit.

58 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Do we have a video clip of this elbowing?

I was mistaken, it wasn't an elbow but #12 for UTSA clearly hits him where the injury occured. You can see Quinn trying to move out of the way of the defender who still sticks his arm out after the handoff, and you can see Quinn whince after the contact as he turns away. Another UTSA player does the same thing to Bolden later in the game on a PR, even though our guy blocked him into Bolden he still hits him flush in the gut and Bolden was hurt for a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nbmishoid said:

No doc here, but oblique strains are throwing injuries, well known in baseball.35 day avg recovery time for pitchers, 26 for position players.Don’t know how those translate here.  Probably lucky to have him by OU.  Can’t play til this is fully healed, else reinjury.

What happens during the 9 days? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I was mistaken, it wasn't an elbow but #12 for UTSA clearly hits him where the injury occured. You can see Quinn trying to move out of the way of the defender who still sticks his arm out after the handoff, and you can see Quinn whince after the contact as he turns away. Another UTSA player does the same thing to Bolden later in the game on a PR, even though our guy blocked him into Bolden he still hits him flush in the gut and Bolden was hurt for a while.

IMG_7384.thumb.jpeg.7a4408d9eb8097fed25370d96910b07e.jpeg

Based on this grainy photo of the play, it looks like the UTSA defender grabs QE’s hand and pulls Quinn’s arm behind him as he runs past him. You can see the top white part of Quinn’s left sleeve in the photo indicating his arm was pulled backward by the defender. 

1 hour ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

What are you on about? Everyone here is a doctor...a lawyer...also a nurse...and an expert in hydraulics. 

Excuse you I am also a virologist, a foreign policy savant, a ballistics expert and a world renowned athletic trainer.  I know more about football than Sark will ever know in his life.  You think Jerritt Elliot can coach a volleyball program? psh, only because he consults with me. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, scottsins said:

It’s ok. The only reason the opinion isn’t popular is that is one of the dumbest things ever posted.

First Pimphand post?

Week to week is the correct approach. We'll talk in circles about it on the board because there's nothing else to discuss but you just have to see how the injury heals and, if it becomes a pain tolerance thing, how the injury impacts Ewers's ability to play the position. The north star has to be having him ready for the OU game. Arch is a great talent but Quinn's experience and command of the offense is invaluable against Oklahoma and then of course Georgia.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2024 at 12:31 PM, EZ$ said:

Start him next week. Let him throw for another 2 easy TDs, then let Arch come in and score another 35 points.  Do the same against Miss St.  Quick/safe passes and the Heisman will be his with the big wins against OU and especially Georgia. 
Heisman opportunities don’t grow on trees. Hell, couldn’t even win one with our 2 best QBs ever. 

Ewers isn't winning the Heisman because he played against ULM or losing out on it because he sat. 

"Heisman moment" is a phrase for a reason. His chances at that award will be based on his and the term's performance in three games, absent any complete clunkers:

Oklahoma

Georgia

Texas A&M

If he lights those three up he is in great shape and no one will remember he sat out a game or two against cupcakes in September. If he doesn't, ULM or Mississippi State highlights aren't going to save him.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Excuse you I am also a virologist, a foreign policy savant, a ballistics expert and a world renowned athletic trainer.  I know more about football than Sark will ever know in his life.  You think Jerritt Elliot can coach a volleyball program? psh, only because he consults with me. 

Well, I know you personally recruited Maddy Skinner, and for that, we're all indebted to you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I couldn't make out the guy's number -- either 1 or 7, neither of which makes sense if you look at their roster, and their font is too stylish to be useful -- but he was getting really mouthy at Sark very late in the first half.  It was when Sark had a clear view of a facemask that wasn't called.  It looked like he told the UTSA guy to fuck off.

To me, he said to stfu

1 hour ago, nbmishoid said:

But...if you WERE a doc....would you buy, or lease, your MRI machine?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MrBig said:

IMG_7384.thumb.jpeg.7a4408d9eb8097fed25370d96910b07e.jpeg

Based on this grainy photo of the play, it looks like the UTSA defender grabs QE’s hand and pulls Quinn’s arm behind him as he runs past him. You can see the top white part of Quinn’s left sleeve in the photo indicating his arm was pulled backward by the defender. 

Thanks, Mr. Zapruder. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, BurdineBandit said:

Sure as shit was. I wanted to be a fan of Traylor since he was a Texas guy and had a lot of supporters in his time here. People rooting for him to be a Texas HS football success story.... but after hearing that he let Denver Harris on his team, and seeing how they played on Saturday, it's becoming clear what kind of program he's building down there, and I'm out. We'll see how lucky he got having Frank Harris in his 5th, 6th and 7th years of NCAA experience running that offense for him.

I'm not even sure he was an upgrade over Larry Coker

• Hook 'Em 1

Nahlin, on Ewers, in today's stream : "There was no concerns about it...He's fine...Any time he is held out is simply precautionary...that held true...on checking with people the following day on Sunday...sounds like he could play this week if he needed to...I don't think you're gonna see him....the week-to-week characterization is accurate...I think he is gonna play vs Mississippi State but not a ton, they're not very good"

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1