Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

arch has a pocket presence that quinn has never had. QE is not a leader, he is inconsistent, and he just does not exude confidence. i would 100% support sark if he made a change at qb. i will be very surprised if that were to actually happen, but i would wholeheartedly support it.

• Hook 'Em 3

I’ve been a Quinn defender for a long time. He is able to make throws and reads that most other qb’s can’t make. You see how we are even worse with Arch in the game because of his inexperience. 

However, there is something fundamentally missing with the guy. His lack of pocket presence, pocket awareness, escapability, and inability to find and hit receivers down field makes him a liability. I really don’t know where you go from here with him. And I don’t know where this team goes. It goes nowhere in the playoffs imo. 

• Hook 'Em 6

7 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I’ve been a Quinn defender for a long time. He is able to make throws and reads that most other qb’s can’t make. You see how we are even worse with Arch in the game because of his inexperience. 

However, there is something fundamentally missing with the guy. His lack of pocket presence, pocket awareness, escapability, and inability to find and hit receivers down field makes him a liability. I really don’t know where you go from here with him. And I don’t know where this team goes. It goes nowhere in the playoffs imo. 

I agree with this. He’s good, not great. His lack of mobility, inability to navigate the pocket or handle pressure really hurts us against good to great defenses. I still think he’s our best QB this year by a good bit and you keep playing him all year, but it’s hard to believe we have a national title ceiling with him at QB. He hasn’t shown anything to believe he can play consistently well against 3-4 good defenses in a row in the CFP. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

yes. He stood tall in the pocket and ran for 21 yards on his only run. During a half when our offense was shell shocked and Quinn was killing us. 

Not to mention context matters. Ewers had time on his fuck-ups. All of Arch’s shit plays (outside of the overthrow) were the offensive line getting their ass whipped within 0.1 seconds of the snap and blowing the play up.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Who could've ever guessed a rosey-cheeked guy named Quinn from fucking Southlake would lack a killer instinct against elite hyper-physical opponents.

Almost as shocking as a dork named Garrett (or Hudson) from Lake Travis being equally soft and uncompetitive in critical play-making situations.

Edited by Muny_Tex
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

I mean, no QB was going to do anything with the way our turnstile of an o-line was playing in the first half.

arch’s pocket presence and ability to run would have absolutely given us a better chance to move the chains and score points. if wisner doesn’t drop a wide open 3rd down ball then we score first. that’s a totally different game, and that was with quinn. i agree that the OL got dominated in the 1H, but i disagree that arch wouldn’t have made any difference over quinn.

Edited by Derka

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

yes. He stood tall in the pocket and ran for 21 yards on his only run. During a half when our offense was shell shocked and Quinn was killing us. 

He put up zero points and turned the ball over. Contributed nothing positive to the game. Because the pocket was non existent. 

1 minute ago, Bodowned said:

Not to mention context matters. Ewers had time on his fuck-ups. All of Arch’s shit plays (outside of the overthrow) were the offensive line getting their ass whipped within 0.1 seconds of the snap and blowing the play up.

Other than Arch having all the time in the world and completely missing a wide open receiver on third down, right? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Gonna be a learning curve but I think we are better off going into 2025 if we play him now. Ewers’ decision-making is atrocious.

That is a possibility, tonight was clearly not the night to test that theory. Neither of our QBs were equipped to handle the atrocious OL play tonight, which is unfortunate 

• Hook 'Em 1

Texas wins or at least puts up a huge fight with james brown at QB tonight. quinn’s total lack of pocket presence and ingenuity is undeniable. we need someone who can still make a play when everything isn’t going perfect. we have that guy, and he’s a redshirt freshman with a WAY higher ceiling than quinn. we are not going to compete for any titles with quinn. the time is now. Arch should start. i know that he wont, but he should. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

He put up zero points and turned the ball over. Contributed nothing positive to the game. Because the pocket was non existent. 

He played two series and was responsible for half of Texas’ yards in the first half. (It was only 19 but still.)

O-line got killed tonight but Ewers’ decision-making for a three-year starter is not good, buddy.

3 minutes ago, Derka said:

god damn he is so out of his element whenever there’s a pass rush. 

yeah it is what it is

i am just mystified why he isn't stepping up. the pressure is consistently on he edge, one side in particular. 

once he is pressured he's cooked. he has no ability to make plays off schedule. i thought, for a moment in time, when he hit helm on teh scramble for the first TD against Michigan maybe has has picked it up. but alas

sarks offense does not work against equally talented teams without the deepball
for whatever reason ewers deep ball has regressed to the point where sark will not call it.  

Ewers has never been a deep threat. He throws moon balls that sometimes receivers run under.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

sarks offense does not work against equally talented teams without the deepball

for whatever reason ewers deep ball has regressed to the point where sark will not call it.  

For it to have regressed it needed to be better than bad at some point. It’s always been the weak link in his game. It’s probably time to call a spade a spade. He doesn’t have that tool in his toolbox and it puts a ceiling on our offense. 

• Like 2

I do wonder whether Quinn is more injured than they’ve disclosed, much like last year. His tentative movements and lack of accuracy downfield could indicate he’s still hurt. But regardless, even a healthy Quinn has issues. 

Wonder the same thing but he’s always getting hurt so it’s kind of who he is at this point.

Just now, Dbeasy said:

I do wonder whether Quinn is more injured than they’ve disclosed, much like last year. His tentative movements and lack of accuracy downfield could indicate he’s still hurt. But regardless, even a healthy Quinn has issues. 

The problem is he’s never been accurate downfield. He has the worst deep ball I have ever seen. It’s truly a marvel. It’s like he’s trying to hit the fucking moon out of the sky and it lands 10 yards short of where it needs to be. We got bailed out by a Wingo PI and amazing adjustment from Golden, but he also threw up several wounded ducks deep that gave his WRs no chance to make a play. Quinn’s success here is completely dependent on Sark playcalling wizardry with misdirection & having first round talent to throw to. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

What does it say that this highly ranked oline coached by the great Kyle Flood was whipped and can’t run block? Can’t be positive 

Our RB room is very, very mediocre with Baxter gone. We've been able to paper over our deficiencies there against weaker opponents but UGA exposed it big-time.

Blue can't run between the tackles and Wisner is young and not a great receiver.

He’s turned into a check down machine and defenses have no reason to respect anything beyond 10-15 yards downfield. That says nothing about his horrid pocket awareness where he bizarrely bails on clean pockets to roll into trouble. He’s regressing and it’s quite frightening to watch. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1