Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

Arch Manning has a much higher ceiling than Quinn Ewers but there's no debating that, if healthy, Quinn Ewers is a better college quarterback on October 19, 2024, than Arch Manning. Whether he matches up better against Georgia's defense is a different question, but rallying from 23 down against an elite defense who lived in your backfield is not the sort of thing freshman QBs can be expected to do.

The problem is it's not just physical health at issue.

Quinn is mentally off, to the point his coach has to sit him down.

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Quinn can’t block or throw the ball to himself. Sark and the O-line were terrible tonight

none of that has anything to do with the facts about quinn that were laid out in my post. the o line having a subpar half has nothing to do with quinn ewers’ career long failings.

Edited by Derka
  • Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, Muny_Tex said:

Yeah man totally agree those Westlake white boys with their Sugar Bowl MVP (as a 17 pt underdog), multiple Super Bowl MVPs, and greatest kicking record in the history of the sport definitely not bout it bout it.  Just no heart at all. 

If you can't spot the culture difference between WHS and pussy factories like LT/SLC then I dunno what to tell you. 

ANd for the record I know how outrageously lame/pathetic it is to bring "high school smack" into a discussion like this, but we all have our limits on what we can tolerate.

Lulz. Imagine giving this much of a shit where you went to High school lol.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve admitted he looked like shit. I can also acknowledge probably any QB outside of Sanders and Ward this year would’ve looked exactly the same with that OL performance. 

There were also plays where Quinn had time and he ignored open receivers, over or under threw targets, or threw into Georgia players’ hands. He is also slow and has zero ability to move when a rusher gets through the line. The line played poorly but that doesn’t excuse a lot of Quinn’s wtf moments.

4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I don't think Quinn ever fully recovered from the UTSA injury. Hasn't looked the same, and getting sacked for -34 yards probably did not help. That heave to Helm after the 2 minute warning was a thing of beauty. He had his moments, but he couldn't quite punch it in when it mattered.

Dude, that hard sack had me wondering if died. 

• Haha 1

Just now, BurgleBro said:

If we start out against Vandy 1st Q no points then regardless of what happened today I will agree. 

A QB has to lead a team. Their confidence, swagger whatever will rub off on the team, if it's present.

They don't have to be a chest-thumping, screaming emotional maniac, but they have to lead confidently and, bottom line, make the plays consistently.

Watching Ewers the last two games seems that none of that is there. It's also disappeared several other games throughout his career.

He often seems to exude very little confidence and is off for multiple series.

Against OU and Vandy, it may not matter.

Against Georgia and playoff competition, it will.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, wild_turkey said:

There were also plays where Quinn had time and he ignored open receivers, over or under threw targets, or threw into Georgia players’ hands. He is also slow and has zero ability to move when a rusher gets through the line. The line played poorly but that doesn’t excuse a lot of Quinn’s wtf moments.

You just said the same thing with more words. 

On the bright side, Beck sucks. Sure, he'll throw for 400 yards, but you better expect at least 2 turnovers at the very least. Whomever drafts him will be the janitor by year 3. He'll be a huuuuge bust. But every organization thinks they can "fix" every issue. They can't, and they never learn. Maybe as a WR,RB, defense, but QB is a different animal. You either have it or you don't 

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock

4 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

On the bright side, Beck sucks. Sure, he'll throw for 400 yards, but you better expect at least 2 turnovers at the very least. Whomever drafts him will be the janitor by year 3. He'll be a huuuuge bust. But every organization thinks they can "fix" every issue. They can't, and they never learn. Maybe as a WR,RB, defense, but QB is a different animal. You either have it or you don't 

its a terrible year for QBs. Sanders is your #1? good luck with that

• Like 2

We have arguably the best WR room in the country. To not be able to get the ball to them is a crime! So much wasted talent on the field! I love Helm but he can't be the only guy catching Quinn's passes. I wonder why we haven't been able develop Quinn better. Should our QB coach Milwee get some of the blame or is it entirely on Quinn? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, UTEE97 said:

We have arguably the best WR room in the country. To not be able to get the ball to them is a crime! So much wasted talent on the field! I love Helm but he can't be the only guy catching Quinn's passes. I wonder why we haven't been able develop Quinn better. Should our QB coach Milwee get some of the blame or is it entirely on Quinn? 

ummmm, Ohio State

1 minute ago, UTEE97 said:

Helm is the only one who can catch Quinn’s throws because he’s super tall and Quinn is always off by a mile. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

SiAP

He shouldn't have been playing last weekend or this weekend if that's the case. 

QB play cost us this win. The line struggled, but plays were there to be made that didn't get made. Great QBs in big games against other top teams know their line isn't going to dominate. You have to step up and make plays even when you aren't given ideal situations. 

That's the difference in the NFL between Dak and Mahomes. Ewers is looking way too much like Dak. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, UTEE97 said:

We are not that far behind with multiple 5 stars and proven transfers. Our inability to use all those weapons in key games is doumbfounding to me. We appear to spread the ball around nicely in non-competitive games.

This is the only game that's happened all year. And it's because the QB was poor and the game plan for said QB was predictable. 

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

This is the only game that's happened all year. And it's because the QB was poor and the game plan for said QB was predictable. 

Without looking at the statsheet, I thought we struggled to get the ball to the WRs in the OU game as well. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Seriously. I only remember Bond get 2 looks, Wingo 2 looks,Golden I can't remember, but it was low af. and Bolden 3. Moore for targeted for 2-3, and Quinn is seeing Ghosts. Beck gets the ball out in 2.3 seconds, all while Quinn is holding the ball for 6-7. No wonder he's taking sacks. 

To not only barely get the ball into your most explosive players hands is malpractice, it's egregious. Those screen passes were going nowhere and Sark just kept dialing them up over and over, and getting nothing. Also running a 5'10 185lb dude up the middle repeatedly was beyond moronic. That Georgia line was shutting him down, but please, by all means, square leg round hole it, Sark. Dumbass. 

11 minutes ago, naija said:

ummmm, Ohio State

I would argue we're on equal ground with Ohio State with WR'S. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Seriously. I only remember Bond get 2 looks, Wingo 2 looks,Golden I can't remember, but it was low af. and Bolden 3. Moore for targeted for 2-3, and Quinn is seeing Ghosts. Beck gets the ball out in 2.3 seconds, all while Quinn is holding the ball for 6-7. No wonder he's taking sacks. 

To not only barely get the ball into your most explosive players hands is malpractice, it's egregious. Those screen passes were going nowhere and Sark just kept dialing them up over and over, and getting nothing. Also running a 5'10 185lb dude up the middle repeatedly was beyond moronic. That Georgia line was shutting him down, but please, by all means, square leg round hole it, Sark. Dumbass. 

I would argue we're on equal ground with Ohio State with WR'S. 

their top 4 WRs were literally the highest rated WRs in their respective years

6 minutes ago, naija said:

their top 4 WRs were literally the highest rated WRs in their respective years

Ratings aside, MJH was a 3 star, and ratings don't matter. Our WR's are talented  just as much as theirs when they get the ball. Ratings are a dumb metric for stardom. I could go through a litany of low rates recruits who balled, and same with high rated recruits who busted. Bond was a 5 star and he's lived up to his billing, same with Wingo when he gets his chance, Golden was a 4 star who balls out when given the chance, and next year we get the #2 and 3 WR's in the country. 

Admittedly, Jeremiah Smith is a freak, much like Ryan Williams. Wingo would be in that same conversation if dipshit Sark would allow stone feet Quinn to throw to  him, but they don't. 

Outside of r recruiting ratings (the same one who rates Jackson Arnold a 99 5 star), they're meaningless. You still have to coach them which, both us and tOSU do. Chris Jackson and Hartline are great at their jobs. The difference is QB play. 

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Most of this is false, so you got that going for you.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Ratings aside, MJH was a 3 star, and ratings don't matter. Our WR's porsuxe just as much as theirs when they get the ball. Ratings are a dumb metric for stardom. I could go through a litany of low rates recruits who balled, and same with high rated recruits who busted. Bond was a 5 star and he's lived up to his billing, same with Wingo when he gets his chance, Golden was a 4 star who balls out when given the chance, and next year we get the (] and 3 WR's in the country. 

Outside of r recruiting ratings (the same one who rates Jackson Arnold a 99 5 star), they're meaningless. You still have to coach them which, both us and tOSU do. Chris Jackson and Hartline are great at their jobs. The difference is QB play. 

sure, ratings don't matter, except when the players are actually living up to those ratings. all 4 of them will likely be 1st round picks, 3 of them will be the #1-#2 WR off the board in their draft years.