Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

Remember when some of ya’ll were sure he was winning the heisman?  I really do hope he turns it around but the truth is he’s never been good at throwing the football down the field….  (He throws an amazing screen pass though) Three games with 300 yards or more passing and atleast two touchdowns in his whole career I think.   But I’m all for a turnaround and 400 yards passing and 5 touchdowns next week I’m just not very confident anything like that happens.  I’m done being a hater let’s fucking go Quinn prove the haters like me wrong next week!   

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 3

when you look at the decades-long history of QBs who Sark has coached, they pretty much all fall into one of, if not both of the following categories:

•reaching the pinnacle of their position- heisman trophies, national titles, pro bowl nods, no.1 overall draft picks, etc 

•outperforming what was expected of them before working with Sark

in this context, Quinn’s failings and shortcomings become more obvious and undeniable. no, he’s not the worst QB we’ve ever had, but he’s a fourth year college QB who was a 1.000 rated recruit who has been working with Sark for three years now. and as mentioned, he has been surrounded by nfl talent while doing so. you have to take Coach Sark’s record with QBs into account when judging Quinn, and when you do, it makes a disappointing  QB look even worse. I am so, so ready for Arch to become our no.1, even if just for the extra game experience he will have this year. i believe that Arch will join the likes of Palmer, Leinart, Ryan, Tua, Hurts, Jones, etc. QE will not.

• Hook 'Em 9

2 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

This got posted to the main 247 account and then deleted instantly.

Before I get negged, I'm not trying to incite panic or anything. Just looking for any kind of clarity. He missed the media availability today as well right?

Who tf would even believe this? Why would he do that?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Jeezus Derka shut the hell up. No QB is perfect. None. Prior to the last two games dude was on the Heisman watch. Why? Because he has been really good since 2022. He was so good you had to shut your mouth for over a year. You keep going on about how much talent we have well newsflash, Georgia is more talented than we are. They've been coasting but we got their full attention on Saturday and it showed. They were fast, well prepped, and physical. There are not many teams in the country that can line up and physically beat us. Can we not show up? Sure we can sleepwalk and get beat, but that wasn't what happened on Sat-ur-dee.
You can put tape in of every college QB in the country for the last couple years and come away with some pretty harsh criticisms because no one has everything. No one. Penix could throw it all over the lot but the second that dude got pressured he was missing wildly. Go put that 2022 Michigan-Ohio State CJ Stroud tape on. Bo Nix didn't get good until his 12th year in college. Ewers isn't the complete package, but you are seriously undervaluing what the kid can do. For example, the ball everyone is praising Manning for trying to throw down the field. There was a dig coming behind the route that Manning tried to hit. Sark ran the same play with Ewers later and he hit it perfectly in stride. That's why Sark went back to him.
You guys gotta chill on the wild mood swings. Go back for a rewatch. The sky isn't quite falling yet. We just played a team that hasn't had a recruiting class outside the top 5 since 2016. Georgia is more talented than anyone in the country and they played up to their ability on Saturday.

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1

Jeezus Derka shut the hell up. No QB is perfect. None. Prior to the last two games dude was on the Heisman watch. Why? Because he has been really good since 2022. He was so good you had to shut your mouth for over a year. You keep going on about how much talent we have well newsflash, Georgia is more talented than we are. They've been coasting but we got their full attention on Saturday and it showed. They were fast, well prepped, and physical. There are not many teams in the country that can line up and physically beat us. Can we not show up? Sure we can sleepwalk and get beat, but that wasn't what happened on Sat-ur-dee.
You can put tape in of every college QB in the country for the last couple years and come away with some pretty harsh criticisms because no one has everything. No one. Penix could throw it all over the lot but the second that dude got pressured he was missing wildly. Go put that 2022 Michigan-Ohio State CJ Stroud tape on. Bo Nix didn't get good until his 12th year in college. Ewers isn't the complete package, but you are seriously undervaluing what the kid can do. For example, the ball everyone is praising Manning for trying to throw down the field. There was a dig coming behind the route that Manning tried to hit. Sark ran the same play with Ewers later and he hit it perfectly in stride. That's why Sark went back to him.
You guys gotta chill on the wild mood swings. Go back for a rewatch. The sky isn't quite falling yet. We just played a team that hasn't had a recruiting class outside the top 5 since 2016. Georgia is more talented than anyone in the country and they played up to their ability on Saturday.

You quoted him. Rookie mistake.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

He led the offense to 19 first half yards. 19. I’m ready to move on but we ran into a buzz saw bc there was blood in the water. UGA knew Quinn was shook. That is fucking pathetic. 

Thatguy, you fill a need here- plenty of people on this site need to always hear that everything is fine, that Player A or Team B is secretly really good despite what all of our eyeballs are telling us. they need someone “who knows what he’s talking about” to literally post nothing but, “player a (in this case quinn ewers) is perfect, he’s amazing, and that’s why you’ll never hear me say a single bad word about him!” but don’t kid yourself into thinking that you are capable of being even remotely objective on this subject. 

Edited by Derka
  • Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Thanks a lot now we’re due at least two more pages of him.  Negged 

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

It would definitely be a bad look considering he skipped out on his SR season of hs.

It's the dumbest thing ever, and was posted as a joke or by accident while trying to create a joke. 

How does a QB prepare for the NFL draft? By getting his ass off the mat, finishing the rest of the schedule undefeated, then winning a NC.

I do fear his history of injuries has him gunshy now. Recovering from serious injuries sucks, and he's been doing it every year he's played for the last 5 years. The QB has to be willing to step up in the pocket, deliver a ball accurately, and take a shot to the chops. If all the injuries has him in a spot he can't do that anymore, while understandable, means he needs to retire from football. Invest what he has left of the NIL and get his UT degree like the rest of us. 

Sark needs to have that talk with him. We can't afford another loss. He has to show he's able and willing to get the mechanics right and take a shot if needed. No more bailing out on throws, no more back foot nonsense, no more squaring up and not torquing the core resulting in weak pure arm throws. He has the first quarter Saturday to start showing something. Another first quarter like the last 2 and he's sitting. This week the guy on the other side is willing to take those shots and do whatever it takes to win. Even against an Alabama defense. 

It's the dumbest thing ever, and was posted as a joke or by accident while trying to create a joke. 
How does a QB prepare for the NFL draft? By getting his ass off the mat, finishing the rest of the schedule undefeated, then winning a NC.
I do fear his history of injuries has him gunshy now. Recovering from serious injuries sucks, and he's been doing it every year he's played for the last 5 years. The QB has to be willing to step up in the pocket, deliver a ball accurately, and take a shot to the chops. If all the injuries has him in a spot he can't do that anymore, while understandable, means he needs to retire from football. Invest what he has left of the NIL and get his UT degree like the rest of us. 
Sark needs to have that talk with him. We can't afford another loss. He has to show he's able and willing to get the mechanics right and take a shot if needed. No more bailing out on throws, no more back foot nonsense, no more squaring up and not torquing the core resulting in weak pure arm throws. He has the first quarter Saturday to start showing something. Another first quarter like the last 2 and he's sitting. This week the guy on the other side is willing to take those shots and do whatever it takes to win. Even against an Alabama defense. 

None of this is happening.

1 hour ago, Texasborn91 said:

He led the offense to 19 first half yards. 19. I’m ready to move on but we ran into a buzz saw bc there was blood in the water. UGA knew Quinn was shook. That is fucking pathetic. 

This is what people should be focusing on. Nothing else. He fucked it in an indefensible and irredeemable way. This was easily the worst QB performance since the Hudson Card shit his pants game in fayettenam. 

This isn't about being sore over losing this is about being pissed that Texas played like absolute fucking dogshit on offense because of one player - Quinn. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, immamac said:

This isn't about being sore over losing this is about being pissed that Texas played like absolute fucking dogshit on offense because of one player - Quinn. 

And like five other guys. wtf imma?  O line is where this all started and it snowballed into the entire offense.  

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, bluto said:

It was wingo and it was criminally under thrown and late. Wingo blew by him and had two steps

Hey man, my eyes are nearly fifty years old, I was sitting in the stratosphere in section 105, and was 4 margs and 5 beers deep at the time. Can we all just agree I pretty much have a photographic memory?

16 minutes ago, immamac said:

This is what people should be focusing on. Nothing else. He fucked it in an indefensible and irredeemable way. This was easily the worst QB performance since the Hudson Card shit his pants game in fayettenam. 

We don't have a running game, bitch. The fuck out of here with this shit. Beck was as garbage as Quinn, the difference was Etienne.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

None of this is happening.

Then we can kiss the season goodbye if he's not able to play the position at the necessary level. 

I think you're wrong. I think Sark sees this again in the first quarter this weekend and he makes the switch. Too many guys putting their ass on the line every day in that locker room to allow a gun shy QB to tank their season. 

Let's all hope he gets his head right and is physically able to do it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If beck was as bad as ewers then why don’t their QBR just as shitty

I am quite sure Ewers QBR calculated on his 58% completion percentage, 4.9 Y/A 2 TD 1 INT game was better than Beck's 56% completion percentage, 4.3 Y/A 0 TD 3 INT game.

Shitty but better.

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

And like five other guys. wtf imma?  O line is where this all started and it snowballed into the entire offense.  

Man, you really weren't watching closely or don't understand the game. 

WRs can't catch uncatchable or intercepted balls.

OL can't block for a guy who doesn't step up into a pocket.

You can choose to ignore reality but there are 2 primary people to blame for the shit show on Saturday.

Quinn and Sark. 

The list ends there.

The issues this week were the same as the first quarter last week. 

Ignore it if you want..  but that's a choice you are making.

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 5

17 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

After watching all the offensive plays over again the O line was below standard but not awful. Quinn self sacked and self pressured multiple times in the game by not working well in the pocket and having poor mechanics (at least somewhat due to injury issues). 

The o line got their shit together late in the second quarter and did much better in the second half.  

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Then we can kiss the season goodbye if he's not able to play the position at the necessary level. 

I think you're wrong. I think Sark sees this again in the first quarter this weekend and he makes the switch. Too many guys putting their ass on the line every day in that locker room to allow a gun shy QB to tank their season. 

Let's all hope he gets his head right and is physically able to do it. 

I honestly think the reason QE started the second half was BECAUSE Sark went on record saying QE was our starter multiple times. Other have said similar, but had he started Arch in the second half Sark would have been admitting he made a mistake and was wrong. Pride and arrogance. Same fucking reason he never does in game adjustments when his script is going to shit. Same reason he didn't just run the ball last weekend.

There's a hard truth.. that no one here has really hit on that I've seen. 

The moment Arch starts, barring an injury to him later in season, QE's college career is over. 

As a team and a coach, once Arch starts he's playing for this year and next. 

That's a massive change and a huge admission by Sark.

He's hoping he doesn't have to go there and he might be able to slink by Vandy.. but.. I think it's the wrong choice.

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, immamac said:

I could stomach this loss if we were the 7th start into the Arch Manning era. It’s growing pains and adjusting to the speed of the game. But watching our 3rd year starter stink it up like this after he came back to improve his draft stock is completely unacceptable and leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. 

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Topper13 said:

The CJ inury is coming back to bite us. A sustainable run game is the difference in this game. I hope Sark can figure this shit out, as this team can still compete in the playoffs. With Quinn.

Wisner was fine. He found the yards that were there. To the degree that the running game was substandard it's because the Georgia DL won at the point of attack. Not overwhelmingly so, and that's why Wisner did have some degree of production, but they did lose on net.

Texas's run game this year was always going to be at least somewhat reliant on passing to set up the run. Texas seems unable to do that against talented, well coached defenses.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

Wisner was fine. He found the yards that were there.

Texas seems unable to do that against talented, well coached defenses.

Well, we've faced 2 of them... neither of them did great offensively.

The hitch... in those two is nobody is bitting on the play action so they can better gap and worry less about contain as QE is zero threat to run outside or... anywhere.

5 minutes ago, Atticus said:

The biggest reason why people are blaming Quinn is because of where he should be as a QB at this point in his development.

He was extremely indecisive, won't run at all, is constantly rattled, defaults to check down, isn't throwing worth a shit and completely unaware of pocket or pressure which is actually worse than his first year in this offense.

Fixed for you.

Edited by BurntEyes

2 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I honestly think the reason QE started the second half was BECAUSE Sark went on record saying QE was our starter multiple times. Other have said similar, but had he started Arch in the second half Sark would have been admitting he made a mistake and was wrong. Pride and arrogance. Same fucking reason he never does in game adjustments when his script is going to shit. Same reason he didn't just run the ball last weekend.

He admitted he abandoned script when it wasn't working early. We ran the ball a bit better in the 2nd half, but difficult to run when you're down 23-0 and that Oline wasn't capable of running on that front in the first half. They were getting physically stood up. 

I want to know how Quinn has looked in all the practices since the week after the Miss St game. Was he able to torque and throw it well in practice and looked good then reverted in game? Or was he struggling physically in practice but they thought they could shoot it up on game day? 

Sark can't afford losing a second game because of a gun shy QB, and Vanderbilt on the road is capable of beating us if we let them hang around and get short fields. I don't blame him for sticking with Quinn if Quinn is physically able to get it done in practice, but if he shows he can't do it to start a 3rd straight game how can you stick with it and watch another loss? 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Wisner was fine. He found the yards that were there. To the degree that the running game was substandard it's because the Georgia DL won at the point of attack. Not overwhelmingly so, and that's why Wisner did have some degree of production, but they did lose on net.

Texas's run game this year was always going to be at least somewhat reliant on passing to set up the run. Texas seems unable to do that against talented, well coached defenses.

Wisner was 15/52. We have a one dimensional offense. 

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

He admitted he abandoned script when it wasn't working early. We ran the ball a bit better in the 2nd half, but difficult to run when you're down 23-0 and that Oline wasn't capable of running on that front in the first half. They were getting physically stood up. 

I want to know how Quinn has looked in all the practices since the week after the Miss St game. Was he able to torque and throw it well in practice and looked good then reverted in game? Or was he struggling physically in practice but they thought they could shoot it up on game day? 

Sark can't afford losing a second game because of a gun shy QB, and Vanderbilt on the road is capable of beating us if we let them hang around and get short fields. I don't blame him for sticking with Quinn if Quinn is physically able to get it done in practice, but if he shows he can't do it to start a 3rd straight game how can you stick with it and watch another loss? 

I don't think it's a physical thing at all, or at least not the primary issue.

It might be a factor as well, but it's largely mental.

And yes, Vandy can beat us so can 2 other teams on our schedule if Quinn plays like he did the past 2 Saturdays.

If QE struggles early and Sark doesn't have Arch in by the 3rd drive, fuck Sark.

7 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Well, we've faced 2 of them... neither of them did great offensively.

The hitch... in those two is nobody is bitting on the play action so they can better gap and worry less about contain as QE is zero threat to run outside or... anywhere.

Just now, Topper13 said:

Wisner was 15/52. We have a one dimensional offense. 

We don't disagree and that last sentence is my point. The offense is dependent on execution in the passing game. That's true in almost every modern offense. Very few teams go out there and just run over a talented opponent. That's why Michigan stood out so much last year. Baxter would not have changed that on Saturday.

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, MrBig said:

I could stomach this loss if we were the 7th start into the Arch Manning era. It’s growing pains and adjusting to the speed of the game. But watching our 3rd year starter stink it up like this after he came back to improve his draft stock is completely unacceptable and leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. 

It’s not like he isn’t being paid a ton of money.