Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

The biggest issue with Ewers is that he's a square peg in Sark's offense..

A large part of his offense is predicated on the zone read/RPO game, but teams have figured out that Ewers isn't a threat to run, so there's no incentive to hold the edge.  The edge or blitzer can simply crash down and either tackle the back or sack Quinn.  Hell, even if he does pull it and they've given up the edge, it's not like he's going to get very far.  I don't know what his 40 time is, but I wouldn't be shocked if there were linemen on the team with lower times.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

This morphed into a Quinn doesn’t care and is a pussy who has quit on Texas argument?  I’m sorry I interacted with you guys and wasted this time. I forget where I am sometimes lol. 

What are you talking about? He played like a pussy. Now you’re acting like one. All anyone is saying is Arch couldn’t have been worse and would have at least taken some risks trying to make plays. Quinn did not and would not do that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

A large part of his offense is predicated on the zone read/RPO game

Historically this is a  incredibly bad take. He is known for a pro style offense with some RPO concepts. He has never been know for a zone read offense. There is a reason he doesn't typically recruit dual threat quarterbacks. You should be embarrased.

Edited by Longhornlove
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

A large part of his offense is predicated on the zone read/RPO game, but teams have figured out that Ewers isn't a threat to run, so there's no incentive to hold the edge.  The edge or blitzer can simply crash down and either tackle the back or sack Quinn.  Hell, even if he does pull it and they've given up the edge, it's not like he's going to get very far.  I don't know what his 40 time is, but I wouldn't be shocked if there were linemen on the team with lower times.

Why does this keep coming up? Sark has never needed a running QB. Sark’s offense is not predicated on zone read. RPO isn’t based on QB run. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Why does this keep coming up? Sark has never needed a running QB. Sark’s offense is not predicated on zone read. RPO isn’t based on QB run. 

He’s wrong about zone read/RPO but his point about the edge is correct. Anytime we try to run off tackle the backside end is basically free to chase. It certainly is a limiting factor to our run game.

Edited by hobbes2702

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

What are you talking about? He played like a pussy. Now you’re acting like one. All anyone is saying is Arch couldn’t have been worse and would have at least taken some risks trying to make plays. Quinn did not and would not do that.

A RS freshman taking risks could have gotten us blown the fuck out which would have been an even more embarrassing loss. Agree to disagree, Quinn had a rough game but arch wasn’t the answer. You’re either being obtuse or are a fucking idiot. He got two drives and didn’t do shit either. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

A RS freshman taking risks could have gotten us blown the fuck out which would have been an even more embarrassing loss. Agree to disagree, Quinn had a rough game but arch wasn’t the answer. You’re either being obtuse or are a fucking idiot. He got two drives and didn’t do shit either. 

“Well the other guy didn’t do shit either” is a piss poor argument because you’re comparing a RS Freshman to a 3rd year starter. A blowout with Arch at the helm is easier to stomach than the performance we saw from Quinn in his third year starting. This game plus the awful throw in the Washington game is more than enough to show Quinn is not the guy.   

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

The best version of Sark's offense ever seen on the field was led by Mac Jones at QB. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

We got blown the fuck out because our QB played like he did. I don’t fucking care about degrees of a blowout. I care about a qb that refuses to do the basics required for playing the position like maintaining a pocket, having half decent feet, and throwing the ball to someone more than 3 yards downfield.
He looked like a shittier version of Jason White out there. He looks like a rag arm who’s afraid of getting hit and is the least athletic person on the field.

No one is saying Arch was the answer and would win. Speaking of being obtuse.

All anyone is saying is if our 3rd year starter does the shit he did, we might as well let the young, more talented, more athletic player get his licks in

Edited by hobbes2702

16 minutes ago, MrBig said:

“Well the other guy didn’t do shit either” is a piss poor argument because you’re comparing a RS Freshman to a 3rd year starter. A blowout with Arch at the helm is easier to stomach than the performance we saw from Quinn in his third year starting. This game plus the awful throw in the Washington game is more than enough to show Quinn is not the guy.   

He took a giant sack and then got stripped for a turnover where they got a FG lol like what are we even talking about.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Which had big time down field throws. Going back to USC(as OC) the offense best form is built on deep shots. Quinn can’t hit them plain and simple. 

Well that's a different conversation entirely, which I agree is the biggest issue of Quinn in Sark's offense. But OP was arguing that it's his lack of rushing ability, which I don't agree with. 

1 hour ago, WinningIsHard said:

This morphed into a Quinn doesn’t care and is a pussy who has quit on Texas argument?  I’m sorry I interacted with you guys and wasted this time. I forget where I am sometimes lol. 

Quinn didn't quit on anyone. Quinn was a pussy and couldn't understand that the game and the team that is "his team" needed him to think bigger than himself. The moment was too big for him and he reacted like a pussy. Rewatch the mother fucking game. 

29 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

There is no possible way the loss could have been any more embarrassing, sorry to break it to you. The two drives he got actually did move the ball and things looked totally different. He was opening things up with his legs. 

I'm done talking about it. I want the team to rally and win out. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

Well that's a different conversation entirely, which I agree is the biggest issue of Quinn in Sark's offense. But OP was arguing that it's his lack of rushing ability, which I don't agree with. 

IMO with RPO you just need to be an effective runner. But Quinn is to indecisive and won’t just take off if need be. 

But look at these Mac Jones highlights. Dude stands in pocket and hits excellent deep shots. IMO we’d see more of this type of play with Manning because he can do. Just watch him step into throws, stand in pocket when pressure comes, and navigates.  This is what sarks offense is supposed to look like and how it looked at USC. I

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

So RPO doesn't stand for Ready for Pussy Orgasms?

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

What we need is two a bigger backs that can run north-south and pass protect as well as run through tackles. Quinn doesn't need to run, but hod pussy standing in the pocket and bailing is just retard-level for a 3rd year QB. He can beat teams with inferior talent, folds like a hooker waiting for anal. 

I don't know what the fuck is going on with him (hurt or not), but he needs to fix a lot of shit, and stop relying on beating the poors. We need dogs to.ri through tackles and pass.protrct + catch the ball on a screen. 

We have the WR's to make it happen like Wingo, Moore, and Cook. They.are zero reasons he should be going into the fetal position. Of Arch got more settled in he would have hit either of those in stride. Plus he has speed to helpovr the chains 

dark needs to adapt to having a prodigy like Arch who is on is on. He should have started the second half to get settled in and do what he can. It could not have been worse then Quinn self-sacking himself. Thays a Sark issues. 

BTW, our.defsense is legit. We.csm hang with anyone on that side of the ball. Mukuba, Barron, Muhammed, and Taafe did their jobs, and Jelani his own. Our front seven is legit as fuck, and that's all Baker and Nansen. With how our.D is playing, we can make the CC game (even though I don't care, I just want home field advantage @ #5

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock

IMO with RPO you just need to be an effective runner. But Quinn is to indecisive and won’t just take off if need be. 

But look at these Mac Jones highlights. Dude stands in pocket and hits excellent deep shots. IMO we’d see more of this type of play with Manning because he can do. Just watch him step into throws, stand in pocket when pressure comes, and navigates.  This is what sarks offense is supposed to look like and how it looked at USC. I

Why do you need an effective runner at QB to run an RPO. The option is hand the ball off or pull it and throw it. Those are the two choices.

1 minute ago, scottsins said:

Why do you need an effective runner at QB to run an RPO. The option is hand the ball off or pull it and throw it. Those are the two choices.

Because it's 2024, you need an effective runner at QB period. It helps with RPO because it allows the edge not to just crash the fuck down. At minimum it allows the QB to circumvent the end as well if he doesn't crash down and your pass option not there. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Because it's 2024, you need an effective runner at QB period. It helps with RPO because it allows the edge not to just crash the fuck down. At minimum it allows the QB to circumvent the end as well if he doesn't crash down and your pass option not there. 

It’s not even about being an effective runner. He needs to be athletic enough to at least make people think he could scramble away. He can’t even do that

16 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

So RPO doesn't stand for Ready for Pussy Orgasms?

What we need is two a bigger backs that can run north-south and pass protect as well as run through tackles. Quinn doesn't need to run, but hod pussy standing in the pocket and bailing is just retard-level for a 3rd year QB. He can beat teams with inferior talent, folds like a hooker waiting for anal. 

I don't know what the fuck is going on with him (hurt or not), but he needs to fix a lot of shit, and stop relying on beating the poors. We need dogs to.ri through tackles and pass.protrct + catch the ball on a screen. 

We have the WR's to make it happen like Wingo, Moore, and Cook. They.are zero reasons he should be going into the fetal position. Of Arch got more settled in he would have hit either of those in stride. Plus he has speed to helpovr the chains 

dark needs to adapt to having a prodigy like Arch who is on is on. He should have started the second half to get settled in and do what he can. It could not have been worse then Quinn self-sacking himself. Thays a Sark issues. 

BTW, our.defsense is legit. We.csm hang with anyone on that side of the ball. Mukuba, Barron, Muhammed, and Taafe did their jobs, and Jelani his own. Our front seven is legit as fuck, and that's all Baker and Nansen. With how our.D is playing, we can make the CC game (even though I don't care, I just want home field advantage @ #5

When Baxter went down this was one of games people mentioned that Texas would miss him. This is not a swipe at Blue or Wisner. Baxter pass blocking would have been a huge asset. Assuming camp reports were correct, he would have been a guy to get you the tough yards. Unfortunately, the only RB that is really suited to run inside is a freshman. He can’t pass block, so you won’t see him vs elite defenses. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Royale with cheese said:

It don't make a shit.

I’m not sure about all that shit but having had a few drinks with Super Bill in a Hill Country icehouse a couple times he’s probably the coolest celebrity I’ve ever met. My god the stories, from hanging with Farrah to having Tom Landry intervene with cops in Dallas during an exhibition game in Dallas. He’s a fuckin Natural Treasure! I forgive his Eagles allegiance 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

We got blown the fuck out because our QB played like he did. I don’t fucking care about degrees of a blowout. I care about a qb that refuses to do the basics required for playing the position like maintaining a pocket, having half decent feet, and throwing the ball to someone more than 3 yards downfield.
He looked like a shittier version of Jason White out there. He looks like a rag arm who’s afraid of getting hit and is the least athletic person on the field.

No one is saying Arch was the answer and would win. Speaking of being obtuse.

All anyone is saying is if our 3rd year starter does the shit he did, we might as well let the young, more talented, more athletic player get his licks in

We didn’t get blown out, wtf are you talking about? You are being a huge bitch. 63-15 or 49-0 is a blow out, fighting back from 23-0 to make it 30-15 isn’t a blow out especially against Georgia. Georgia is more talented than we are, has more big game experience and was already in a corner with a loss. As somebody pointed out earlier, Georgia hasn’t lost a game to anybody but Alabama in 4 years. 48-3. Quinn can take us to the sec championship game and given some luck the college football playoff. Arch’s time is next year and he will be better than Quinn…then. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

When Baxter went down this was one of games people mentioned that Texas would miss him. This is not a swipe at Blue or Wisner. Baxter pass blocking would have been a huge asset. Assuming camp reports were correct, he would have been a guy to get you the tough yards. Unfortunately, the only RB that is really suited to run inside is a freshman. He can’t pass block, so you won’t see him vs elite defenses. 

Agreed. But Gibson needs to be baptized by fire and learm. He's our only back that can work on pass blocking amd run for tough yardage

it was malpractice for Sark not to try him 

.our running game was going nowhere. So why not dip into your bag of recruits to see if they can do literally anything. But with Ewers self-sacking himself after the line gave him plenty of time, and Georgia seeing that they don't have to prepare for a QB for sacks himself., he did not favors. They offense as a whole was a shit show. 1 long pass to Wingo that got us into UGA territory and Sark/Quinn fucked it up. Why not go back to Wingo or try Gibson, throw to Johntay, or Moore again instead of bailing out of the pocket every single time? We had guys open, especially Golden whom he missed (shocker). 

Just a horrible game plan against a really solid defense. Not a great defense, a good one..it's baffling..

2 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

We didn’t get blown out, wtf are you talking about? You are being a huge bitch. 63-15 or 49-0 is a blow out, fighting back from 23-0 to make it 30-15 isn’t a blow out especially against Georgia. Georgia is more talented than we are, has more big game experience and was already in a corner with a loss. As somebody pointed out earlier, Georgia hasn’t lost a game to anybody but Alabama in 4 years. 48-3. Quinn can take us to the sec championship game and given some luck the college football playoff. Arch’s time is next year and he will be better than Quinn…then. 

A blowout doesn't necessarily mean score. We were fucking dominated by Georgia for 3 of 4 quarters. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Agreed. But Gibson needs to be baptized by fire and learm. He's our only back that can work on pass blocking amd run for tough yardage

it was malpractice for Sark not to try him 

.our running game was going nowhere. So why not dip into your bag of recruits to see if they can do literally anything. But with Ewers self-sacking himself after the line gave him plenty of time, and Georgia seeing that they don't have to prepare for a QB for sacks himself., he did not favors. They offense as a whole was a shit show. 1 long pass to Wingo that got us into UGA territory and Sark/Quinn fucked it up. Why not go back to Wingo or try Gibson, throw to Johntay, or Moore again instead of bailing out of the pocket every single time? We had guys open, especially Golden whom he missed (shocker). 

Just a horrible game plan against a really solid defense. Not a great defense, a good one..it's baffling..

I wonder how many snaps Wingo got. I was at the game, so you miss a lot live. There was a lot shitty things going on with the offense. WRs were struggling to get separation especially in the first half. I would have loved to more Wingo. Just think Bond and Wingo on the field together would be a different dynamic 

6 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

We didn’t get blown out. Ok man. Have fun with that lol.

28 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Why would the edge be unblocked on a RPO?

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I wonder how many snaps Wingo got. I was at the game, so you miss a lot live. There was a lot shitty things going on with the offense. WRs were struggling to get separation especially in the first half. I would have loved to more Wingo. Just think Bond and Wingo on the field together would be a different dynamic 

Pert OTF

Offensive Snap Counts

Out of 80 possible snaps.

80 – Jake Majors, Kelvin Banks, Hayden Conner, Cameron Williams, Gunnar Helm

71 – Matthew Golden

69 – Quinn Ewers

54 – DJ Campbell

53 – Tre Wisner

50 – Isaiah Bond

45 – DeAndre Moore

38 – Ryan Wingo

31 – Jaydon Blue

27 – Juan Davis

26 – Cole Hutson

11 – Arch Manning

4 – Ryan Niblett

1 – Silas Bolden

– This is the first time this season Gunnar Helm has played every single snap in a game.

– No snaps for Jerrick Gibson, Johntay Cook and only one for Silas Bolden.

– 50 snaps for Isaiah Bond on a bum ankle.

– DJ Campbell gets 67.5% of the snaps at RG, about what we have seen so far this season.

I’m not sure about all that shit but having had a few drinks with Super Bill in a Hill Country icehouse a couple times he’s probably the coolest celebrity I’ve ever met. My god the stories, from hanging with Farrah to having Tom Landry intervene with cops in Dallas during an exhibition game in Dallas. He’s a fuckin Natural Treasure! I forgive his Eagles allegiance 

Great guy and his stories are fantastic, even ones that were fairly recent in his coaching career.