Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

11 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

He asked for people to not judge his character or his appearance anymore then proceeded to shit on a 19 year old kids appearance and character haha. That’s bat shit crazy. 

Lulz, I used to be like this but not anymore. Come on man. We know what Ewers is being paid. The days of "don't be critical of college kids, they're just out there giving their best" are done. You wanna make money with the big boys you get to take the criticisms too.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

We would get into the playoffs at 10-2.

Not necessarily; there could be 3-4 other teams at 10-2 (more precisely 6-2 or 7-1 in conference) and we could be reliving 2008 depending on how SEC ranks the teams. 

3 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

I agree with all of this outside of one point. Quinn has not, at any point in his career, shown a consistent (note the word consistent) ability to make well timed deep ball passes. He has flashes here and there, a game or two, but never consistently. 

Now he's defaulting to check down, lost all pocket presence/awareness, isn't reading well and isn't even trying to run.

I look at this as more than just this year, but I'll start with playing for the SEC championship.

I don't have a high level of confidence he will get us to the SEC championship. I acknowledge it's possible but based on his current struggles and the rest of the Texas schedule, not highly probable, imo.

Next winning the SEC? My confidence drops even lower. Likely it will be Georgia, who preseason I picked to win the SEC with Texas getting an opt in. I really dislike Texas in a re-Match against Georgia with this version of Quinn.

Now... looking at the National Championship, if there is anyone that has a high level of confidence that we can win it with Quinn... well, you've gone full FUMB coolaid drinking, orange slice boogaloo dumb.

Do I think we have a better chance of making the SEC playoff with Arch... if he gets reps starting soon vs this Quinn, absolutely.

Could we beat Georgia with Arch... possibly. If Arch gets all the playing time between now and then, I think with our defense I'd move that to a likely depending on his growth. I sure as shit like our chances of beating Georgia more if Arch has started and played the rest of the season better than Ewers. 

Now... National Championship.. I think with Arch it's LONG shot at best, but.. and here's the rub, I don't think it's any worse than with today's version of Quinn. 

And... that... leads.. me.. to...

NEXT YEAR.

Whats better for Texas in the big picture. Hoping and praying Quinn pulls his head out of his ass, and maybe make the SEC, perhaps win it and likely be eliminated in the playoffs or.....

Getting Arch up to speed THIS year.

I know what I think. Before you knee jerk answer really think about your answer. Think about the Washington game last year, Ou this year, and Georgia last week. Hell, think about most OU games and big games for Quinn.

Then think about the future.

If you're honest, really examine it, think about the future and truly look at what Quinn is doing on the field.....

You're going to come to only one conclusion.

It's a hard pill to swallow, but it should be done and it should be done soon. 

If you play arch over ewers this year we won’t make the playoffs. If your fine with that than sure let’s throw the season for next season. I’m not saying ewers is head and shoulders better than arch - just that the freshman will make freshman mistakes that’ll lose games that we would win with an experienced qb. The real issue is “ ewers has a cap for us for the season and it’s not the national championship “. At least for me, I was hoping sark could scheme him up enough that we could make a run. And we still could I think. I haven’t lost my orange blood because I’m not a pussy. There’s not a lot of georgias out there that can do that to our offensive line and are defense can definitely keep us in all games and maybe win a few when needed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

There are so many things going wrong at QB that I have to think it's both physical and mental. Whether that's 50-50 or leaning one way or the other, I dunno.

But... unless this week cures both, we're doing ourselves major disservice by continuing to put him on the field.

I understand Sark apparently can't really tell, so it won't surprise me a lot if Quinn starts in Nashville. What will surprise me is if he does that and shows the same problems and Sark doesn't go to the backup, good hair, famous relatives, and all.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Lulz, I used to be like this but not anymore. Come on man. We know what Ewers is being paid. The days of "don't be critical of college kids, they're just out there giving their best" are done. You wanna make money with the big boys you get to take the criticisms too.

The point was the hypocrisy. Seems obvious. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

Quinn had two TD passes and led a 55 yard drive to open the 3rd quarter lol. Arch’s last drive ended with two sacks, 22 yards lost and he was stripped of the ball which we lost. That’s not me making up numbers to prove my argument or anything. That’s fact. He was given a chance and it was much of the same result. The offense isn’t more open with a RS freshman who has started 3 games, you’re smarter than that. Quinn gets the full playbook not because he’s the best qb ever but because he’s been around sark the longest. Sark’s offense is way too complicated to think that arch can just run it wide open while also learning pocket presence, how to audible and read defenses. That’s madness 

To be fair to Arch, he didn't get 1st team reps all week and he was thrown into a very high pressure situation against arguably the best defense in the country. If Arch was the presumed starter all week, I believe we would have had a different performance from him.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

It's still not the same though. Derka isn't on our payroll to play football and Quinn isn't posting here. Or at least I hope not.

If there is one thing we know in 2024 is that wealthy people can't have mental problems and are therefore are free to be berated online.  

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

To be fair to Arch, he didn't get 1st team reps all week and he was thrown into a very high pressure situation against arguably the best defense in the country. If Arch was the presumed starter all week, I believe we would have had a different performance from him.

Exactly. I'll go a step further and say that if he had been left in the game, no one here can say definitively one way or the other how the game turns out. He may well have been able to adjust to the speed of the game and settle in. That's not me saying he would have, but he might well have been able to make a game of it.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

If there is one thing we know in 2024 is that wealthy people can't have mental problems and are therefore are free to be berated online.  

Excuse me sir is this your first time on this website? I guess i should be asked the same thing since I'm defending a Derka take.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

It's still not the same though. Derka isn't on our payroll to play football and Quinn isn't posting here. Or at least I hope not.

How much does Derka pay Ewers? If I Venmo Derka can I call him fat?

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Haha 2

@Goodman  posted this over in the TEXAS QB TALK thread. Some input on the game and Quinn from Coach Bryan Erwin in the OTF video. I've linked it to start at 9:25 where Bobby introduces him into the discussion. He finishes up at the 25 minute mark. There's some interchange with Gerry and Bobby which Coach Erwin responds to. Worth the listen if you can find the time IMO.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m not being paid by The University of Texas to pick a qb or watching practices, but the certainty that some of you guys saying that arch is the second coming of qb greatness after the little play that we’ve seen from him is astounding. Could he be the best ever to spin it….sure, but the certainty y’all talk with that he will be is amazing. He’s got exciting tools for sure but he’s still a freshman with lil experience with everything. I’m not to sure he would have done better against Georgia. What I do know is that if he was left in and we got blasted off the field , that would have been disaster for this year and the locker room. I don’t like the sec as much as the next guy but this is what happens in this conference. The best teams lose to each other every once in a while. As a fan base we need to get used to it without wholesale fire changes every loss. BTW - my pick for sec championship is us vs lsu. Book it. Georgia will lose to miss or tenn. or I’m dumb after this weekend. We’ll find out.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

23 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Excuse me sir is this your first time on this website? I guess i should be asked the same thing since I'm defending a Derka take.

We are going to shit on Derka and Quinn regardless because that's the way the world works, but the way the world works in general is fucked up.

1 hour ago, Hookem10 said:

If you play arch over ewers this year we won’t make the playoffs. If your fine with that than sure let’s throw the season for next season. I’m not saying ewers is head and shoulders better than arch - just that the freshman will make freshman mistakes that’ll lose games that we would win with an experienced qb. The real issue is “ ewers has a cap for us for the season and it’s not the national championship “. At least for me, I was hoping sark could scheme him up enough that we could make a run. And we still could I think. I haven’t lost my orange blood because I’m not a pussy. There’s not a lot of georgias out there that can do that to our offensive line and are defense can definitely keep us in all games and maybe win a few when needed. 

Well, if you honestly think we can win the National Championship with the way Quinn is currently playing your veins aren't pumping orange blood, it's a lot of hopium and copium.

9 minutes ago, Hookem10 said:

I’m not being paid by The University of Texas to pick a qb or watching practices, but the certainty that some of you guys saying that arch is the second coming of qb greatness after the little play that we’ve seen from him is astounding. Could he be the best ever to spin it….sure, but the certainty y’all talk with that he will be is amazing. He’s got exciting tools for sure but he’s still a freshman with lil experience with everything. I’m not to sure he would have done better against Georgia. What I do know is that if he was left in and we got blasted off the field , that would have been disaster for this year and the locker room. I don’t like the sec as much as the next guy but this is what happens in this conference. The best teams lose to each other every once in a while. As a fan base we need to get used to it without wholesale fire changes every loss. BTW - my pick for sec championship is us vs lsu. Book it. Georgia will lose to miss or tenn. or I’m dumb after this weekend. We’ll find out.  

Yep.. lots of hopium, compium and a good amount of pure delusion.

I asked about what was best for the future Texas. I was realistic.

You aren't.

5 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

We are going to shit on Derka and Quinn regardless because that's the way the world works, but the way the world works in general is fucked up.

Oh no, did you just now discover there are asshole on the internet, and a lot of them on Surly. 

I'm sorry, hope you are able to recover.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Yep.. lots of hopium, compium and a good amount of pure delusion.

I asked about what was best for the future Texas. I was realistic.

You aren't.

Which part was I not realistic.  Was it the sec championship pick ?? 

17 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I'm hoping for Quinn to return to pre-injury form, ball out and drag his nuts across Derkas' face.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

I'm hoping for Quinn to return to pre-injury form, ball out and drag his nuts across Derkas' face.

We just faced the two best defensive minds in college football which happen to have some good (blOwU) and great (Georgia) players to run their high level schemes. If vandy, Florida, Arkansas and Kentucky scare any of these pussies to death then maybe I can interest them in a chocolate covered pretzel, they are exquisite? Elko is a wild card but I’m fairly certain we will beat them handily as well. Quinn ain’t winning a heisman but he’s taking us to better places than Casey fucking Thompson ever did. 

40 minutes ago, Hookem10 said:

you guys saying that arch is the second coming of qb greatness after the little play that we’ve seen from him is astounding.

Stop framing this as people clamoring for a Manning and realize we want Quinn to sit because he isn’t performing the way a 3rd year starter should be at Texas. It’s really that simple. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Derka writing a novel about people being mean to him a year ago out of nowhere is the most Derka shit. 

dude i have serious, real life mental health issues, and being repeatedly attacked on here in vile, personal ways should not be accepted. your post is horse shit, and the people laughing at it and supporting it are assholes. just because it’s the internet doesn’t change anything. bullying a mentally ill person who became fat because of his rx drugs is a piece of shit thing to do, and this board loves to act all high and mighty and righteous about “policing ourselves”, except when it comes to people being cruel and hateful towards me because i have an opinion they don’t like.

so yeah, if asking for people to stop repeatedly being cruel to me for no goddamn reason is the most derka thing ever then you can consider this thread derka’d. this shit is not a joke, at all. id like to see you have a child who SUFFERS from mental illness, who doesn’t bother or attack or insult anybody, yet who gets mercilessly bullied with the endorsement of his teachers, principals, and coaches (bob and immamac), and then come tell me what a weak ass pussy your own mentally ill kid is. laugh at him and talk shit about it. then when he’s 14 years old and cutting himself and you walk into a bathroom that’s covered in blood, and you see that your child has mutilayed himself because of the pain of being bullied for no reason, THEN you can tell me how funny all of this is. fucking asshole.

Edited by Derka

14 minutes ago, Derka said:

dude i have serious, real life mental health issues, and being repeatedly attacked on here in vile, personal ways should not be accepted. your post is horse shit, and the people laughing at it and supporting it are assholes. just because it’s the internet doesn’t change anything. bullying a mentally ill person who became fat because of his rx drugs is a piece of shit thing to do, and this board loves to act all high and mighty and righteous about “policing ourselves”, except when it comes to people being cruel and hateful towards me because i have an opinion they don’t like.

so yeah, if asking for people to stop repeatedly being cruel to me for no goddamn reason is the most derka thing ever then you can consider this thread derka’d. this shit is not a joke, at all. id like to see you have a child who SUFFERS from mental illness, who doesn’t bother or attack or insult anybody, yet who gets mercilessly bullied with the endorsement of his teachers, principals, and coaches (bob and immamac), and then come tell me what a weak ass pussy your own mentally ill kid is. laugh at him and talk shit about it. then when he’s 14 years old and cutting himself and you walk into a bathroom that’s covered in blood, and you see that your child has mutilayed himself because of the pain of being bullied for no reason, THEN you can tell me how funny all of this is. fucking asshole.

All that sounds awful man, seriously. This whole place is just make believe ok, I know you use it as an outlet but 25 years ago this place was Jurassic park man. It didn’t exist. Try not to let people get to you, ignore them and even me if it helps. The ignore feature on here will do you wonders. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hookem10 said:

I think this is bit simplistic. This is a fvcked up situation. You have Ewers who was projected 1st or 2nd QB after Michigan. He gets hurt and comes back and doesn’t look anything like the QB that started the season. You also have a back-up that has a higher ceiling than Quinn. Quinn playing his best as 3rd year starter ends this discussion, but he isn’t. I doubt even Sark or Quinn know how to fix it, outside playing a shitty defense. 

I agree the playoffs are less likely with Arch, but a run in the playoffs may be more likely with Arch. The only issue is he would need all the reps to get there. This may be the shittiest QB situation a Texas coach has faced. Sark and most fans are hoping Quinn comes out on Saturday and looks like Tom Brady. If he comes out looking poorly, then we are probably going to see Arch. I am not saying start Arch for Vandy. I am saying that leash on Arch should be short 

I’ve spent multiple posts in the past articulating why Quinn has been better than Arch and why Arch hasn’t yet demonstrated a command of the offense in a way to lead them to the playoffs. However…

I’m tired of Quinn underperforming to the standard he ought to be, imo, achieving. If he doesn’t demonstrate substantially better downfield throwing, pocket movement/presence, and decision making, I’m ready to just move on to Arch and live with the growing pains. Quinn has had enough time to figure it out. Either he’s injured or not developing fast enough.