Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

2 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Ewers will not lead us to a title. Therefore, we should bench him and begin developing Manning. This is a rather straightforward situation that is being made complicated by the fact that benching him will tank his NFL draft stock. 

Sark favoring protecting Quinn’s (minimal) NFL ambitions over his football team tells you a lot.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Ewers will not lead us to a title. Therefore, we should bench him and begin developing Manning. This is a rather straightforward situation that is being made complicated by the fact that benching him will tank his NFL draft stock. 

Let's tank a 7-1 season to develop the other guy that will be here next year and get all the offseason reps. Weird.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

Yea some of you guys are unhinged.  Our running game is trash, we can't stop committing penalties on the Oline and yea our QB has had some bad moments (that first INT today was NOT one of them) but we are 7-1 and let's go develop the RS Freshman.  Get the fuck out of here with that nonsense.  

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

Yea some of you guys are unhinged.  Our running game is trash, we can't stop committing penalties on the Oline and yea our QB has had some bad moments (that first INT today was NOT one of them) but we are 7-1 and let's go develop the RS Freshman.  Get the fuck out of here with that nonsense.  

He needs to alter the throwing angle.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

He is slow as molasses and throws the ball basically sidearmed that leads to tip drills. And he has no presence of game to speed up when needed. Everything is lackadaisical.   

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Let's tank a 7-1 season to develop the other guy that will be here next year and get all the offseason reps. Weird.

Acting like Arch can’t replicate scoring 6 points in 6 drives against Vanderbilt…Arch is good enough to win any of the next few games and has the higher ceiling when it comes to playing teams like aggy and Georgia. Statue Quinn stands no shot against teams that can generate pressure and we can’t beat teams like that with a horizontal passing game.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

We need to block and quit allowing free rushers to the QB. Nobody else we play is doing that. We also had 100 penalties putting ourselves in 3rd and 85 repeatedly.

Just now, Bodowned said:

Acting like Arch can’t replicate scoring 6 points in 6 drives against Vanderbilt…Arch is good enough to win any of the next few games and has the higher ceiling when it comes to playing teams like aggy and Georgia. Statue Quinn stands no shot against teams that can generate pressure and we can’t beat teams like that with a horizontal passing game.

You know this how?

• Hook 'Em 1

Since the injury he’s been mid personified. In order for the horns to win in 2024 he needs to overcome the yips like yesterday or step aside for a qb that can.

The team deserves better than settling for this kind of play against … Vanderbilt (not excusing the OL or refs, both equally could not get off their knees out of enjoyment from blowing the game)

• Like 1

we scored 6 points in the second half, three of which came on a drive that started inside the vandy 40. we’re running an offense that appears more designed to minimize turnovers than anything else. the ball has to be out in 2.5 seconds or something bad will happen. sorry, but that just doesn’t happen with a QB that’s even close to the level required for this league , and for this team’s aspirations.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

We need to block and quit allowing free rushers to the QB. Nobody else we play is doing that. We also had 100 penalties putting ourselves in 3rd and 85 repeatedly.

You know this how?

Because I have eyeballs and can see how a QB rushing threat on the zone read is impactful to the running game and I’ve watched 2.5 games of Arch taking (mostly successful) downfield shots. The offense is completely different with him.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

He is slow as molasses and throws the ball basically sidearmed that leads to tip drills. And he has no presence of game to speed up when needed. Everything is lackadaisical.   

He's lost 3 games as a starter in the last 2 seasons.  In two of them Texas put up 30+ points.  He isn't getting benched for all the shit you armchair QB coaches keep posting about so we can play Arch.   You can keep wishcasting it but Sark just isn't throwing a hail mary there.  Also, you dipshits talking about putting Quinn's draft stock ahead of the team are also probably the same ones who stroke your peens over how many Texas players get drafted and where they get drafted.  And you know what, it does matter long term to the program how other players perceive how you treat current players.  So yea the optics of permanently benching a guy who has one loss in the last minute to a blood rival, one loss in the last minute in the CFP, and one loss to a team who hasn't lost to anybody NOT named Alabama in like fucking forever is fucking terrible.  That dog won't hunt.  

You may not like it and that's fine, but you're gonna have to live with it.  

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

He's lost 3 games as a starter in the last 2 seasons.  In two of them Texas put up 30+ points.  He isn't getting benched for all the shit you armchair QB coaches keep posting about so we can play Arch.   You can keep wishcasting it but Sark just isn't throwing a hail mary there.  Also, you dipshits talking about putting Quinn's draft stock ahead of the team are also probably the same ones who stroke your peens over how many Texas players get drafted and where they get drafted.  And you know what, it does matter long term to the program how other players perceive how you treat current players.  So yea the optics of permanently benching a guy who has one loss in the last minute to a blood rival, one loss in the last minute in the CFP, and one loss to a team who hasn't lost to anybody NOT named Alabama in like fucking forever is fucking terrible.  That dog won't hunt.  

Holy shit dude, calm the fuck down. Ewers isnt gonna lead us to a title. It is evident. Ewers cant throw downfield anymore. He isnt the same as last year. He is a different player and regressing by the game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Bodowned said:

Because I have eyeballs and can see how a QB rushing threat on the zone read is impactful to the running game and I’ve watched 2.5 games of Arch taking (mostly successful) downfield shots. The offense is completely different with him.

Arch hit on the deep ball but struggled moving the ball consistently and that was against two of the worst teams on our schedule. You are just wishcasting. I also think Arch will be really good but this year I've seen him miss too man easy reads. I also think our running game and line play would have him struggling in these situations just the same.

2 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Evidence: Last Saturday

Arch did absolutely nothing last saturday.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

The first int was a result of terrible throwing mechanics 

15 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

This is hard to see apparently.

• Hook 'Em 1

After this game you all should be a LOT more worried about why this team can't consistently run the ball and routinely has negative to 1 to 2 yard runs at best that put us in less than ideal situations AND the fact that our offensive line is a drive-killing penalty machine.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

You may not like it and that's fine, but you're gonna have to live with it.  

He literally got benched for all the things we are talking about a week ago.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Arch hit on the deep ball but struggled moving the ball consistently and that was against two of the worst teams on our schedule. You are just wishcasting. I also think Arch will be really good but this year I've seen him miss too man easy reads. I also think our running game and line play would have him struggling in these situations just the same.

All Ewers does is make 1 read and then check down to the horizontal outlet pass. 

Ewers did jack shit last Saturday for a whole game. At least Arch used his legs and made the offense look functional for a few plays. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Those deflection INTs that Ewers throws aren't bad luck either. Like y'all have already covered, he side arms them at a low trajectory and that gives defenders a better chance to deflect/intercept his passes. He's also not the tallest QB (Arch is 2-3 inches taller than him). When it comes to throwing technique, height, poise in the pocket, scramble ability, and deep ball accuracy, I think Arch has the edge on Ewers in all those categories. We can only assume Ewers is still the starting QB because Sark trusts his knowledge of the playbook more at this time. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

If Arch is missing too many easy reads then what do you call what Quinn is doing on any pass attempt past the LOS?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Those deflection INTs that Ewers throws aren't bad luck either. Like y'all have already covered, he side arms them at a low trajectory and that gives defenders a better chance to deflect/intercept his passes. He's also not the tallest QB (Arch is 2-3 inches taller than him). When it comes to throwing technique, height, poise in the pocket, scramble ability, and deep ball accuracy, I think Arch has the edge on Ewers in all those categories. We can only assume Ewers is still the starting QB because Sark trusts his knowledge of the playbook more at this time. 

It’s also not like this is the first time it’s happened. He gets tipped balls at the LOS all the time for the past 3 years 

6 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

“Struggled to move the ball consistently” is literally this offense’s M.O. under Quinn because it’s entirely dink and dunk and designed screens. And that critique only holds credence when it comes to the ULM game. He took the critique and was lights out against MSU for 26/31, 325 yards, and 2 TD. The offense “struggled” in that game because Blue fumbled the fucking ball twice on the other side of the 50.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

For two series, that's not the same as announcing a wholesale QB change like some of you guys are talking about.  It's NOT FUCKING HAPPENING.

Yeah, it's not happening because we don't want to tank his draft stock and we are trying to reward him because he chose to come back. Not because he has the better upside. 

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

All Ewers does is make 1 read and then check down to the horizontal outlet pass. 

Ewers did jack shit last Saturday for a whole game. At least Arch used his legs and made the offense look functional for a few plays. 

Arch looked good to you simply because you believe in him. In truth he was worse than Ewers, so Sark wisely went back to him. Arch may have a higher ceiling but he is not there yet, and we are 7-1. You don't tank a possible playoff season to develop a guy. Ewers threw some good balls today. If we don't commit 90 billion penalties this game is a blowout. The game really wasn't even close.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Yeah, it's not happening because we don't want to tank his draft stock and we are trying to reward him because he chose to come back. Not because he has the better upside. 

His draft stock is gone. He’s a later round guy. Especially with zero measurables. 

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

Arch looked good to you simply because you believe in him. In truth he was worse than Ewers, so Sark wisely went back to him. Arch may have a higher ceiling but he is not there yet, and we are 7-1. You don't tank a possible playoff season to develop a guy. Ewers threw some good balls today. If we don't commit 90 billion penalties this game is a blowout. The game really wasn't even close.

Manning would also get us to the playoffs and give us a better chance to win when we get there. The reason he didnt start the second half with Manning was because if he did that then he wouldve had to go with him the rest of the year. And in those two drives, even though he looked better than Ewers, he didnt do enough to earn that. However, Ewers shit the bed today and we are entering a bye week. Now is the time to make the change. 

• Like 1

I hope the bye week helps him deal with whatever he is dealing with but I’m not holding my breath.

I think there is about 40% of the playbook we cant use right now, which is beyond frustrating because we should have put up 450+ yards and 35+ points today.

People will blame the running game but our two RBs combined for over 4.6 yards per carry. The holes were there for large stretches.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

I hope the bye week helps him deal with whatever he is dealing with but I’m not holding my breath.

I think there is about 40% of the playbook we cant use right now, which is beyond frustrating because we should have put up 450+ yards and 35+ points today.

People will blame the running game but our two RBs combined for over 4.6 yards per carry. The holes were there for large stretches.

4.6 yards per carry is misleading.  We had probably 6-7 runs in the second half that were 2 yards or less.  Those plus the penalties just kill you.  

• Like 1

4.6 yards per carry is misleading.  We had probably 6-7 runs in the second half that were 2 yards or less.  Those plus the penalties just kill you.  

Holy shit man. That’s how run games work. You get 2 yards here 3 yards there maybe a loss then boom 8-12 yards. Stupid fucking rationalizing 

Just now, Red Five said:

Quite possibly the strangest, most frustrating Texas player in my lifetime. I still don't know what to make of him.

Chris Simms is the only real comp I can think of.

At least Simms wasn’t a pussy