Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

I hope the bye week helps him deal with whatever he is dealing with but I’m not holding my breath.
I think there is about 40% of the playbook we cant use right now, which is beyond frustrating because we should have put up 450+ yards and 35+ points today.
People will blame the running game but our two RBs combined for over 4.6 yards per carry. The holes were there for large stretches.

Who is to blame? Is it all on Quinn, sark, etc..

We can all see Quinn doesn’t want to climb the pocket and is scared to death to get hit. Should sark call quicker plays or is it Quinn choosing to hold it too long? Or both. It seems like we have long developing plays or again, maybe Quinn is holding it too long. The O-line is also falling apart. I’m not sure what’s happening. The offense is shaky. We have all the WRs but act like we don’t have bond is out. Makes no sense. We hit the portal hard. I saw us play TCU and Houston crappy last year and then play elite other times. Can we get back to playing better or are we stuck like this on offense. Anybody with a pulse on defense can get to Quinn.

Also, none of this is on the defense they are good. But why aren’t we getting sacks anymore? Is it due to the style of PK’s defense?

6 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

4.6 yards per carry is misleading.  We had probably 6-7 runs in the second half that were 2 yards or less.  Those plus the penalties just kill you.  

I mean, that’s why they call it an average.

I also think our RBs have incredibly low IQ. A few times they ran around a hole and basically assisted in a holding penalty getting called.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Holy shit man. That’s how run games work. You get 2 yards here 3 yards there maybe a loss then boom 8-12 yards. Stupid fucking rationalizing 

That's not how GOOD run games work. It's pretty clear to see we barely have a run game and that is largely part of the problem. In the second half we were either getting stoned or getting called for holds on outside runs. Our running game isn't scaring anyone. We are in long yardage situations far too much whether it's ineffective running or penalties.

7 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

We wont lose to Kentucky at home. Arkansas and A&M have me worried. 

Truthfully, Arkansas and A&M - especially on the road - should always cause worry. We win against them at a 2:1 or so clip but those losses are usually on the road. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I also think our RBs have incredibly low IQ. A few times they ran around a hole and basically assisted in a holding penalty getting called.

We don’t run north and south. When a north south run is called we continued to bounce it outside.

5 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Yea and my point is averages mean jackshit at times in the flow of a game.  You run for 20 yards  1st down.  Then you run for 1 yard, run again 2 yards and get a holding call, then you run for 5 yards.  Congratulations you just averaged almost 9 yards per carry and it's 3rd and 14.

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

34 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

He's lost 3 games as a starter in the last 2 seasons.  In two of them Texas put up 30+ points.  He isn't getting benched for all the shit you armchair QB coaches keep posting about so we can play Arch.   You can keep wishcasting it but Sark just isn't throwing a hail mary there.  Also, you dipshits talking about putting Quinn's draft stock ahead of the team are also probably the same ones who stroke your peens over how many Texas players get drafted and where they get drafted.  And you know what, it does matter long term to the program how other players perceive how you treat current players.  So yea the optics of permanently benching a guy who has one loss in the last minute to a blood rival, one loss in the last minute in the CFP, and one loss to a team who hasn't lost to anybody NOT named Alabama in like fucking forever is fucking terrible.  That dog won't hunt.  

You may not like it and that's fine, but you're gonna have to live with it.  

So you think he is playing well? Cause what I’m saying is that there is enough room for improvement for him or failing that, then the backup needs to go in cause he won’t do any worse 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Gene Parmesan said:

We don’t run north and south. When a north south run is called we continued to bounce it outside.

Yep. These backs Wisner is always trying to hit a homerun instead of taking the tough yards. Bouncing runs outside all the time is causing all these holding calls.

Just now, Thatguy said:

That's not how GOOD run games work. It's pretty clear to see we barely have a run game and that is largely part of the problem. In the second half we were either getting stoned or getting called for holds on outside runs. Our running game isn't scaring anyone. We are in long yardage situations far too much whether it's ineffective running or penalties.

Agree. A feast or famine run game is misleading in the stats. Good run games consistently pick up good yards. We don’t have that right now. 

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

After this game you all should be a LOT more worried about why this team can't consistently run the ball and routinely has negative to 1 to 2 yard runs at best that put us in less than ideal situations AND the fact that our offensive line is a drive-killing penalty machine.  

it would be easier to run the ball if our qb was a threat to run, or even better, stand in the pocket, make his progressions, and throw the ball downfield. 

also we averaged 4.6 yards per carry today against a defense that had no worries about us throwing the ball downfield field. 

being that our backup is both a deep threat qb and a great athlete who can run, it makes sense that people want to see him playing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, HtownHorn said:

I am nearly there, either he's not 100% healthy or he's too afraid of another injury. Either reason, he's the biggest problem with the offense right now.

No he is not. 100+ in penalties. Can't run the ball. Guys coming completely free when not blitzing.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 2

18 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

The first INT was 90% due to Jake Majors imitating a Matador

The first int was on a quarterback throwing a ball at shoulder height. This isn’t hard. He doesn’t elevate the ball and has bad mechanics which is why he probably leads the nation the last two years in balls deflected by dlineman

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Derka said:

it would be easier to run the ball if our qb was a threat to run, or even better, stand in the pocket, make his progressions, and throw the ball downfield. 

also we averaged 4.6 yards per carry today against a defense that had no worries about us throwing the ball downfield field. 

being that our backup is both a deep threat qb and a great athlete who can run, it makes sense that people want to see him playing.

Manning isn't VY. No one is going to worry that he is a threat to run. See Georgia.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Thatguy said:

No he is not. 100+ in penalties. Can't run the ball. Guys coming completely free when not blitzing.

We can't run the ball because defenses are loading the box against us because they don't fear Quinn beating them over the top. How many throws in the 2H traveled more than 10 yards vertically? Two? The OL has issues, for sure, but a skittish QB isn't doing them any favors. This isn't the Ewers from Michigan, we haven't seen that guy for 3 weeks.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

Manning isn't VY. No one is going to worry that he is a threat to run. See Georgia.

Manning doesn’t have to be Vince Young to run and you dismissing his speed when he reached damn near 21 mph is fucking retarded. He has to be a Joe Burrow type runner with the ball. That is what he needs to be. Not a fucking statue like dipshit Sewers

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, F250 said:

The offense is bad all across the board.

I agree 100%. We don't have backs that break arm tackles that are in the rotation. Sark needs to get creative with the run game. Too many long yardage situation putting your QB in bad spots. Then too many free rushers. Not enough legit screen game. Move the pocket sometimes. Max protect and take a shot every once and awhile. We are doing none of that right now.

• Hook 'Em 2

Damn, Nussmeier throws a beautiful deep ball. Gives his WRs the chance to make plays. Quinn doesn't even try to let his guys go make plays consisntently, even though our WR room is elite.

The 1st half and 2nd half today were night and day. YPA over 10 in the 1st half 3 TDs, under 5 in the 2nd half limited vertical throws.

Edited by HtownHorn

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Manning doesn’t have to be Vince Young to run and you dismissing his speed when he reached damn near 21 mph is fucking retarded. He has to be a Joe Burrow type runner with the ball. That is what he needs to be. Not a fucking statue like dipshit Sewers

Had the longest run for the team against Georgia.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

A lot of players reach that speed. See Georgia. You said that Vandy is playing everyone inside 12 yards because they are not worried about him throwing deep. You know why? Time. They know they can get to him before the routes can develop. We have a serious problem with our protections. Guys are coming completely untouched with frightening regularity. You have to be able to protect long enough for those routes to develop.

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

This has to be a bit

Name some you think are better right now. I did forget Cam Ward. I’m thinking through the other top teams. Not Will Howard, Beck, Milroe, the Penn State guy, definitely not Gabriel, definitely not Leonard. Who?

I only saw the second half but I did see him side arm into a tip drill interception, I also saw him step into the pocket and make some throws. I also saw the RBs running east and west, a basically unblocked to the inside sack, and maybe 4 holding penalties? I would add that Sark got his nickname as Seven Win Steve dropping games like this. His teams have really peculiar games and they usually aren’t the big ones. And I think historically his offensive management has been suspect for some games and for stretches in other games. So imo I think there’s blame to go all around. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

A lot of players reach that speed. See Georgia. You said that Vandy is playing everyone inside 12 yards because they are not worried about him throwing deep. You know why? Time. They know they can get to him before the routes can develop. We have a serious problem with our protections. Guys are coming completely untouched with frightening regularity. You have to be able to protect long enough for those routes to develop.

It doesn’t matter if routes develop deep he literally cannot hit them. 

we have a serious problem because ewers is easy to defend. 

You know what would be able to open running game more and prevent teams from bringing the pressure they bring? Hitting fucking deep plays 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It doesn’t matter if routes develop deep he literally cannot hit them. 

we have a serious problem because ewers is easy to defend. 

You know what would be able to open running game more and prevent teams from bringing the pressure they bring? Hitting fucking deep plays 

Not even just that.

Watch Nussmeier so far against aggy.

He feels pressure, slides in the pocket, steps up and then puts a good throw (actually throws it...wild) and gives his receivers a chance.

Any pressure on Ewers is rewarded recently.

Which used to not be the case.

Hopefully Ewers turns it around with more distance from the injury.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t understand the thought that we have to ride with Quinn because Arch will make mistakes. Quinn makes a lot of mistakes and doesn’t make up for it with play making ability. Would you rather have the guy with the high delta or the guy you know is going to be a liability if everything isn’t going perfectly?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

It doesn’t even matter if Arch makes mistakes.  Quinn can go 17 passes in a row and this offense looks like shit bc we he can’t make any throwing other than checking down or within 10 yards.  Defenses are rushing 4-5 and sitting everyone on underneath routes.  Every defense has done this since ou.  Quinn can’t hit the deep ball, he never could, and still can’t.  This offense is so limited with him.  Even if Arch is more mistake prone, at least the defense has to respect his running ability and his ability to hit the deep ball.  That will open up our offense again.  I’m at a loss of words of just how bad this offense is.  We can’t even convert points when our defense gives us short fields.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I agree 100%. We don't have backs that break arm tackles that are in the rotation. Sark needs to get creative with the run game. Too many long yardage situation putting your QB in bad spots. Then too many free rushers. Not enough legit screen game. Move the pocket sometimes. Max protect and take a shot every once and awhile. We are doing none of that right now.

You think Sark should be moving the pocket with Ewers are quarterback? What planet are you on?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gurt said:

I don’t understand the thought that we have to ride with Quinn because Arch will make mistakes. Quinn makes a lot of mistakes and doesn’t make up for it with play making ability. Would you rather have the guy with the high delta or the guy you know is going to be a liability if everything isn’t going perfectly?

This is the thing the Ewers guys don’t seem to get. I’m not even saying we need to bench him, but to act like Arch is somehow so incapable of replicating this very average level of QB play is fucking stupid.

• Like 1