Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

Just now, linux said:

It does not bother me that much since we were in lead nursing mode I hate it as well but that was the extent of the playbook dink dunk and not turn the ball over, the worry is still what happened vs Georgia not Vanderbilt which was just to get out of there with the lead.

Sark seems to always shut it down early.  Annoying 

A month or so ago Wadlington had numbers on Quinn when pressured/not pressured

I dont remember the exact numbers, but when Quinn was pressured, his completion percentage and ADoT dropped like 40-45%. He is not good at all when he is pressured or doesnt run PA. 

also, him not being a run threat at all really hampers this offense. Add in moving away from the run game with Blue and Wisner, and teams are just teeing off on him/us. And i know ive said it before but it makes us extremely predictable and one dimensional. Childs play for defensive coordinators

Last year, I think the numbers were elite for him when blitzed. Like best in the country. That’s what makes this so weird.

I disagree with the throw to Wingo in the EZ being a great throw. It was a shitty throw, bcause Wingo had his man beat but Quinn threw a flat ball instead of a ball to the pylon. Wingo had to adjust to the poor throw which allowed the DB to make the play he did.

It was a great throw against air. It’s a td if the ball is to the back. That was the throw he needed to make to Mitchell in the Washington game last year though, wasn’t it?

21 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Imma called Quinn a pussy and BO&W ran with it like a child whose parent gave him permission to use a curse word

Fact Check: False

I started the calling him a pussy when I posed this question insinuating he’s a pussy

20 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Bond. Wingo. Golden cook. Moore. 5 certified burners and our average pass per attempt is 5 yards.    There should be 2 1000 yard receivers here 

Quinn is a pussy that can’t throw deep, periodt

• Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just based on the Vandy game, here are my uneducated thoughts on QB play.

- If the plays were as called, Ewers played well and he is the better QB than Manning for the scheme. Based on what I saw, it looked like the strategy was to play safe on offense and depend on defense to beat Vandy. Ewers is good at 0-10 yard from LOS passes. I don't recall even one misplaced throw (except that long overthrow).

- But this GD offense isn't going to cut it against better teams than Vandy, which means passes beyond 15 yards. This requires at least one of two things, good OL protection and/or a QB that can throw WRs open. If OL is going to be inconsistent, then which QB can make the anticipation throws? I don't know the answer to this question. This probably requires rapid deciphering of the defense and confident and forceful throws in tight windows, not mention being in sync with moving WRs.

The RBs and WRs played well, fighting for YAC. We really need that 15+ yard threat to stop the defense from swarming the LOS. I hope in this bye week, Sark figures out how to spread the defense vertically, not just horizontally.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Eh not so sure about that last.  Arch has some strengths and I think he will wind up being a much better or more consistent QB than Ewers, but I am not convinced that as a young and inexperienced player, he will immediately make up for Ewers' shortcomings.

I think the Sark/Arch Elko/Reed comparison is invidious.  Ewers' and Arch run the same offense.  Wiggy and Reed basically do not, or their strengths are such that they effectively don't run the same offense.  The difference between Ewers and Arch is not so stark.

I suppose you can give Elko credit for taking a flyer on Reed, but the degree of success there was dependent on the completely different styles of Weigmann and Reed and the somewhat incomprehensible fact that Kelly didn't prepare for Reed despite Weigmann's injury history and Reed's recent playing time.

Yea, making a change mid game to a completely different style of QB is not the same situation we’re looking at here. Arch hasn’t shown anything against a defense worth a shit just like Ewers hadn’t before OU/Georgia. Where Ewers struggles on deep balls, Arch has not looked great on short to intermediate. Those passes are a a staple in this offense at this point like it or not. That said, if Sark is worth his paycheck he should be able to change the offense to fit Arch’s strengths if he wants to. Bye week would be the time to do that or it isn’t happening, I doubt we see it.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

It's my personal opinion we aren't helping the kid at all. Sark is putting him in horrible positions with his playcalling, and guys are busting assignments with regularity. Sark is calling plays like teams respect our running game. They don't. Any play action he calls they just ignore the action and rush Quinn. So abandon the play action in favor of straight dropbacks. Have a back chip the shoulder of the man rushing against Cam on his way out in the flat to help him out. Move the pocket. Screen teams and punish them for blitzing. Do anything but the same thing expecting a different result.

This post is fine - there’s not much I’d disagree with. The whole offense (save  WR) played poorly. Sark needs to see that and figure out a way to help generate offense. What this doesn’t address was the point of my post - people are frustrated with Quinn because he’s showing to be a guy who’s only as good as the plays others around him can make. That’s a far cry from the expectation most had for him as a third year starter and heisman favorite heading into the season. Guys at that level make plays when other things around them aren’t perfect or are breaking down (see: Watts v Bryce Young).

Are you happy with how Quinn is playing?

Does his play match your preseason expectations for him?

It’s okay to answer those as no and also call out the rest of the offense/Sark look bad as well. They fucking do.

3 minutes ago, ChemicalHorn said:

Are you happy with how Quinn is playing?

Does his play match your preseason expectations for him?

It’s okay to answer those as no and also call out the rest of the offense/Sark look bad as well. They fucking do.

These are key questions. I don’t think anyone on this board answers those questions as a yes. But at the same time we should be able to acknowledge other areas of offensive fault without being labeled a Quinn sympathizer. It’s all shit right now. 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Yea, making a change mid game to a completely different style of QB is not the same situation we’re looking at here. Arch hasn’t shown anything against a defense worth a shit just like Ewers hadn’t before OU/Georgia. Where Ewers struggles on deep balls, Arch has not looked great on short to intermediate. Those passes are a a staple in this offense at this point like it or not. That said, if Sark is worth his paycheck he should be able to change the offense to fit Arch’s strengths if he wants to. Bye week would be the time to do that or it isn’t happening, I doubt we see it.

Right…..who do we think we are…..aggy?

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Lol. Okay buddy. If that's what you think then you aren't seeing what's going on out there. It is a combination of Sark not doing him any favors with the playcalling and guys busting assignments. The problem is you guys, through your dislike of Ewers, think that QBs should be able to play through these shenanigans without it affecting them and that's just not how things work. Let me take you through a few of them.

This first one is one we are all too familiar with. Cam gets beat immediately barely getting even a touch on him. This is meant to look like some type of run action as Ewers fakes the handoff. They turn the DT loose and the left guard is supposed to come down the line and pick him up. This is meant to freeze them and make their eyes check for run but they aren't fooled and just go straight for Ewers. By the time Ewers hits his back foot on the drop its time to get out of there.

This next one the LG and the RB block no one leaving a man to come straight up the middle completely untouched. Quinn has to eat this one.

This next one the RG falls down almost immediately and the rusher is in Quinn's face preventing him from stepping into the throw and it ends up not having enough on it. At home all we see is Quinn underthrowing a ball but don't stop to look at why.

This next one is questionable but you can see why Quinn made the decision he did. LG gets beat to the inside and Quinn has to sidestep it in order to make a play. Problem is there is also a free rusher off the edge. He resets. Golden is dragging across the field into a waiting defender. Ewers could throw this ball but he would have to throw it behind him and hope it doesn't get deflected upwards. I can see why he ate it, but I can also see where he could've thrown it back shoulder.

Another slow developing play action play where we are asking the LG to come down the line and kick out the DE. Of course the LG cannot do it. The guy beats him and puts Ewers on the ground. Ewers completes the play but....

This next one is interesting. This is 12 personnel. The action is meant to look like counter, but Vandy could care less and simply comes after Ewers never bothering to check for run. It's only a two man route so if there is a throw to be made it's going to take a sec for it to develop. The blitzing guy off the edge takes away any quick throw by being in the throwing lane forcing Ewers to eat it. Slow developing play in the face of an overly aggressive defense.

This next play is another slow developing play action Shenahan style OZ zone fake where your QB peels out the back door to levels concepts. Quinn fakes the handoff and by the time he turns around a defender is in his face. As Helm comes across the line he has an opportunity to chip that guy and buy Quinn a little time but runs right by him. If he chips him Quinn has time to make that throw to 11 on the second level.

This one below is another bust by Cam. He gets beat to the inside. Funny part is we kept the back over there to help but he had his eyes in the wrong place. Had he just stayed home the rusher spins back into him and this doesn't happen. Count the 1000's in your head and will barely get to 3 by the time Ewers is wrapped up. Look at the receivers. All of them but Helm have their backs to him still running their routes so there was nowhere to go to the football.

Again watch the routes. By the time the receivers are making breaks Cam has again been beaten to the inside and Ewers has to escape. Sure he looked totally uncoordinated stumbling and all but you cannot let your man repeatedly beat you to the inside. That's a death sentence on your passing game.

Another slow developing play action but this time on the goal line. DJ gets beat to the inside. Someone comes off the edge completely untouched. I am not sure what the protocol is here but I would think as a back you would try to get a piece of the guy coming off the edge. You do and that opens the throwing lane for Ewers.

It's my personal opinion we aren't helping the kid at all. Sark is putting him in horrible positions with his playcalling, and guys are busting assignments with regularity. Sark is calling plays like teams respect our running game. They don't. Any play action he calls they just ignore the action and rush Quinn. So abandon the play action in favor of straight dropbacks. Have a back chip the shoulder of the man rushing against Cam on his way out in the flat to help him out. Move the pocket. Screen teams and punish them for blitzing. Do anything but the same thing expecting a different result.

I like Surly, because you can never guess what will show up in a thread. I have to say someone calling Sark out for not calling enough screens was not on my bingo card. Bravo!! 

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Last year, I think the numbers were elite for him when blitzed. Like best in the country. That’s what makes this so weird.

My theory on this is that in the Big12 we saw more 3-3-5 so it was less pressure coming from the D-line, and pressure that came via blitz from the LB was easier to see/diagnose and get one extra beat to react to.  In the SEC the D-lines are bigger and faster, the coverages are more multiple with better athletes, and the pressure is showing up faster making it harder to read/react.

I was watching a QE's high school highlights again:

Watch the first 10 or so throws on the tape here and you're going to see a lot of the same issues we see now.  I see a TON of back-foot throws, and also not climbing the pocket.  There is also some dimes in there too.  But if you look at the >20 yard throws, many of them are either 1) the WR is wide-ass open, or 2) it's a lob that the WR wins.  In college you don't get hardly any of #1, especially on deep shots.  And for #2 the CBs are such higher level how and the safeties so much faster that those lobs turn into picks or breakups - which is exactly why he isn't throwing them.  It's almost like he's using a 9-iron angle on those throws when he needs a 3-iron.  When he attempts to lower the angle, he overthrows it.  For all the touch he has on the short and intermediate he doesn't have it on the long ball.

Sark and QE have to figure it out because it's pretty obvious what defense we're going to see the rest of the year:

• Pre-snap show 2 safeties high
  • Post-snap rotate one safety to close the middle of the field to intermediate crossers
  • Blitz a LB to create pressure, or simulate blitz often
  • Show man and switch to zone or vice versa, QE has trouble (like many QBs) when a pre- and post-snap read don't match up
  • Deploy a shallow zone and expect the check down to the flats
  • Keep it all in front of you

This plan basically forces QE and Sark to do what they don't want: attack the sideline downfield with long throws, or go over the top.  Normally the counter would be run the damn ball and force them to shift, but we apparently don't have the horses for that.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

His batted passes resulting in INTs were not some freak plays by the defenders who he couldn't see. They were right in front of him. He was staring down at the WRs and didn't try to pump fake to shake off the defenders. If a guy is standing in front of you with his arms up, perhaps don't throw at him?

Quinn’s passes get batted down because he slaps the football with his left hand immediately before he throws which tells the defense he is about to get rid of the ball. 

3 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Yeah, even the fade to Moore was underthrown.

This situation is frustrating. I don't think Arch is mentally ready to win a championship this year because he still processes things too slowly. But, his running ability may be just what the offense needs right now.

The fade to Moore should have been outside to the back of the end zone and Moore should have caught it untouched. Instead Quinn throws it to the inside and Moore has to adjust and gets hit by the defender. Quinn’s terrible throws are making receivers adjust and become vulnerable to injury. 
IMG_8515.thumb.jpeg.57f374dd819f90c4b3ac7ae793050201.jpegIMG_8516.thumb.jpeg.f8bad67410793682ce85645bf28910b0.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

I don't know if Sark is being serious with his praise for Quinn, or if he is trying to help him get drafted high or help get his confidence back.

https://atozsports.com/college-football/texas-longhorns-news/steve-sarkisian-texas-qb-quinn-ewers-was-a-stud-in-throwing-three-tds-vs-vanderbilt/

Do you really think a coach is ever going to publicly rip into or heavily criticize a player to the media?

He told us everything we need to know by pulling the guy in the biggest regular season game this program has had in probably 15 years. We’ll see if he’s able to continue to scheme up stuff with one arm tied behind his back.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, MrBig said:

Quinn’s passes get batted down because he slaps the football with his left hand immediately before he throws which tells the defense he is about to get rid of the ball. 

The fade to Moore should have been outside to the back of the end zone and Moore should have caught it untouched. Instead Quinn throws it to the inside and Moore has to adjust and gets hit by the defender. Quinn’s terrible throws are making receivers adjust and become vulnerable to injury. 
IMG_8515.thumb.jpeg.57f374dd819f90c4b3ac7ae793050201.jpegIMG_8516.thumb.jpeg.f8bad67410793682ce85645bf28910b0.jpeg

Throwing at the defenders head is also is a tell for them to get their hands up

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Wadlington on Ewers. I have felt for awhile now that he is biting his tongue on the Ewers vs. Arch deal. Like going back to the spring. 

"The 10-20 yard intermediate balls hitting receivers on the move that used to be a fixture of the Texas offense have all but disappeared."

"27 of Ewers’ 36 attempts were targeted behind the LOS or 0-9 yards down the field. That’s 75% of all drop backs. Unsurprisingly, his average depth of target for the game was a modest 5.5 yards.

While the deep ball hasn’t been a significant part of his game most of the season, he has always created explosives through the intermediate game (10-20 yards), which was a co-equal part of his passing attempts.

For the season, Ewers is completing only 50% of of his intermediate balls and they’ve made up only 19.1% of his total attempts. Since the injury, they represent 16% of his passing repertoire.

In 2023, 28.6% of his attempts were intermediate and he completed 68.6% of them at 12.6 yards per attempt.

#3’s stat line of 27 of 37 for 288 and three touchdowns is nothing to denigrate – yards is yards – but two interceptions and four sacks contributed to scoring friction. Both interceptions were on play action. The first a batted RPO, the second a play action tip. I don’t think you can really attribute either play to the QB – it sort of goes into the column of “stuff that can happen when you throw those concepts” – but this isn’t the first time we’ve seen it. Perhaps some QBs are more prone to this sort of thing dependent on their timing, ability to find passing windows or their release point.

On the season, Ewers is dead last in the SEC in ADOT (average depth of target) and ranked 285th in college football of all QBs. Stats often lie, but those don’t.

Texas has been reduced to a nickel and dime passing offense."

1 million percent. This is why penalties kill us, we are being forced to inch our way down the field, so even 5-yard penalties are completely fucking us. When you have to execute at a high percentage because you are not explosive in the passing or running game, it leads to more plays where a penalty can occur. We currently play the equivalent of a bend but don't break defense on offense.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Right or wrong, surly complaining about deep ball TD completion minutiae is my favorite surly

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Sark seems to always shut it down early.  Annoying 

The flares to RBs are usually the last options in progressions. He's going from #1 read to checkdowns. It's Quinn and not the play calls. His mind doesn't trust the play call and scheme.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Do you really think a coach is ever going to publicly rip into or heavily criticize a player to the media?

He told us everything we need to know by pulling the guy in the biggest regular season game this program has had in probably 15 years. We’ll see if he’s able to continue to scheme up stuff with one arm tied behind his back.

I get what you're saying but calling him a "stud" after yesterday's game is a bit much. Saban, arguably the best college coach ever, didn't feel the need to use such superlatives to boost a player's confidence.

5 hours ago, B00M said:

Sark is good at what he does

Does that include not being able to score late TDs to win or close out games?

-- Such as first down from the 5 yard line, to put Vandy away.

-- Such as having 4 shots from inside the 15 to beat Washington and go to championship game.

-- Such as not scoring 7 v OU in last minute in 2022 ... thus OU gets 7 and wins.

-- Such as not scoring 7 v Bama in 2022 ... thus Bama gets 3 to win.

So far, Sark is not a great late game coach. It is a recurring problem.

So far, he is not a great adapter to defenses that stop Texas offense. It is a recurring problem.

To win national titles, Sark needs to be much better. With Sark or Arch or whoever is QB.

No excuses. 

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, UTEE97 said:

I get what you're saying but calling him a "stud" after yesterday's game is a bit much. Saban, arguably the best college coach ever, didn't feel the need to use such superlatives to boost a player's confidence.

Saban for the most part didn't depend on his QB to drive a pro style offense. He won championships with plenty of JAGs at the position. When the rest of the SEC caught up to him and his defense, he needed more dynamic QBs and he made the switch in the championship game against Georgia to win another one.

99% of the thread agrees about QE, down to the very nuts and bolts of what’s wrong with him.

the one person who is on the other side of the argument (Thatguy) has more pos rep in this thread than anyone.

no additional comment, just an observation that you can make of what you will.

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

IMG_5075.thumb.jpeg.cc3bff8122199475dd2fe15a4731f6a1.jpeg
IMG_5076.thumb.jpeg.f9ab50b933cbde78c6d10e091a5d1bab.jpeg

Interesting breakdown of him in 1st half vs second. Interesting to see he’s been sacked less in the second half. 

this leads me to believe once the script is over he’s dog shit. Earlier in a game we can get off the script, better for opponents. 

Sack rate is not really different. 

First half = 5.65% of all drop backs (I don't have scrambles for positive gains here, so sack rate would be a bit lower) 

vs. 

Second half = 5.33% of all drop backs. 

In addition some of the variance (in yards per attempt) might/would be from the more conservative calls when we are already up big in the first half of the year's second half games. 

3 minutes ago, Derka said:

99% of the thread agrees about QE, down to the very nuts and bolts of what’s wrong with him.

the one person who is on the other side of the argument (Thatguy) has more pos rep in this thread than anyone.

no additional comment, just an observation that you can make of what you wi

Recently everyone on the planet favors the beautiful lie over the ugly truth.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

A post with solid play breakdown with video and commentary of offensive issues outside of “Quinn pussy, short pass bad” gets rep. News at 10. 

that’s one post. thatguy has countless word salad posts which all have one theme in common: “none of this is quinn ewers’ fault”. all of those posts are heavily repped as well. it’s interesting how many lurkers there are who can’t get enough of that message.

Edited by Derka

4 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

outside of “Quinn pussy, short pass bad”

also there has been zero shortage of substantive facts, video, data, and well informed opinions posted here which say that QE is being treated like/playing like a true freshman QB who got forced into action after multiple injuries in front of of him, as opposed to a supposed heisman favorite in his third year playing for a guy who’s entire MO is coaching/making elite QBs. this ain’t some blind hatred for QE, the guy is factually subpar and we’ve got the data to prove it all over this thread.

On 10/24/2024 at 6:52 PM, Thatguy said:

For the 12th time. They got us a couple players later feigning man. Below is the routes we ran vs what they could've done.

image.png.8d9df7369f7dae932fcd594cdef281a8.png.469438c4a303709e52ebbcf64ca38ff7.png

Seeing @Thatguylong video breakdown reminds me of this post where he tried to rationalize and make up a concept Georgia wasn’t going to do. Just a reminder the guy doesn’t know shit about fuck. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

My theory on this is that in the Big12 we saw more 3-3-5 so it was less pressure coming from the D-line, and pressure that came via blitz from the LB was easier to see/diagnose and get one extra beat to react to.  In the SEC the D-lines are bigger and faster, the coverages are more multiple with better athletes, and the pressure is showing up faster making it harder to read/react.

That sounds good in theory.  However, we’ve played 4 SEC defenses.  One terrible, one mediocre and one that was a Big 12 team.  Then one known to be more talented than everyone else. Nevermind that we played Bama each of the past two years and accuses in pass pro.

The sacks from Georgia largely came from two guys.  One a LBer who attacked some from off the ball.  Both top 15-ish draft prospects.

I can’t say exactly where they lined up on the specific plays but all the Vandy sacks came from guys listed as LBs or SS.

The 3-3-5 should be more multiple in bringing pressure and in coverage too.

2 minutes ago, Derka said:

also there has been zero shortage of substantive facts, video, data, and well informed opinions posted here which say that QE is being treated like/playing like a true freshman QB who got forced into action after multiple injuries in front of of him, as opposed to a supposed heisman favorite in his third year playing for a guy who’s entire MO is coaching/making elite QBs. this ain’t some blind hatred for QE, the guy is factually subpar and we’ve got the data to prove it all over this thread.

Agreed. There’s also a lot of simplistic  statements with zero nuance. Both can be true. Caring about the rep a guy is getting for presenting the other side of an argument is weird.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Caring about the rep a guy is getting for presenting the other side of an argument is weird.

it’s the context of his rep that is interesting, not the rep itself. again, it’s essentially thatguy vs the world in this thread, and yet his posts consistently get more rep than any others. i find that interesting.

3 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

That sounds good in theory.  However, we’ve played 4 SEC defenses.  One terrible, one mediocre and one that was a Big 12 team.  Then one known to be more talented than everyone else. Nevermind that we played Bama each of the past two years and accuses in pass pro.

The sacks from Georgia largely came from two guys.  One a LBer who attacked some from off the ball.  Both top 15-ish draft prospects.

I can’t say exactly where they lined up on the specific plays but all the Vandy sacks came from guys listed as LBs or SS.

The 3-3-5 should be more multiple in bringing pressure and in coverage too.

Should be but usually they were coming from a LB at some type of depth so it was fairly consistent and QE seemed to have a mental clock for it.  I don't recall a bunch of DB or safety blitzes that got home on us last year.

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Seeing @Thatguylong video breakdown reminds me of this post where he tried to rationalize and make up a concept Georgia wasn’t going to do. Just a reminder the guy doesn’t know shit about fuck. 

He also said after the Washington game that Quinn made a perfect throw and it was AD’s fault for running a lazy route. 

3 minutes ago, Derka said:

that’s one post. thatguy has countless word salad posts which all have one theme in common: none of this is quinn ewers’ fault. all of those posts are heavily repped as well. it’s interesting how many lurkers there are who can’t get enough of that message.

It's not that "none of this is QE's fault".  He's not playing anything like the 3 year starter/heisman front runner we expected him to be.  But when it comes to problems with current state of our offense, QB play yesterday was a distant 3rd behind OL and RB which have been flat out terrible in back to back games.  The first pick is 100% on Jake Major's inability to even touch the LB giving him free elevation to tip that throw. Anyone still bitching about that really needs to watch the fucking play.  It was obvious live.  QE made the right read and it's an easy 15 yard completion if Jake does absolutely anything at all.   Our OL is constantly blowing protection, allowing pressure, making presnap penalties and getting called for holding (most somewhat legit).  And we don't have a single RB that can pass protect worth a shit and they all go down too easy with contact.  Our RB room is bad luck as CJ Baxter fixes both of those issues and allows Blue/Wisner to excel as change of pace.  Our OL has absolutely no excuse and I hope Flood rips ass all bye week.   As it relates to Quinn - he's letting the breakdowns around him get in his head at times instead of fighting/leading through it.  He absolutely left some plays on the field.  He missed a wide open Golden across the middle on a crucial 3rd and short when he took a sack (and didn't even look at him even though it was the easy pres nap read)  But all in - I don't think his performance is NEAR as bad as all the simple thinking football morons on this board are up in arms about. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Just now, Derka said:

it’s the context of his rep that is interesting, not the rep itself. again, it’s essentially thatguy vs the world in this thread, and yet his posts consistently get more rep than any others. i find that interesting.

First, fake internet points are dumb.

Second, RE: your context point, it illustrates that there are a lot more people out there who agree with @Thatguy, or at least that while QE has been sub-par we shouldn't pull the trigger on Arch yet.  And, there is a super-vocal minority of some size in the camp of "QE is a total pussy and the reason we suck," "Put in Arch because he's gives us a better chance to win now," or "This year is sunk anyway let's write it off and get started on next year with Arch now."  

The first camp will rep posts they agree with but don't want to expend the mental energy engaging in a pointless slap fight with the other camp.

2 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Not true, from PFF: 1 big takeaway is he is not good at hitting the big play against the blitz which is what would deter more blitzes.

Ewers had a 64.6 PFF passing grade against the blitz, which ranked 77th out of 153 qualified passers last year.

also 5 of his 8 turnovers were against the blitz and his yards per attempt went from 8.8 to 7.1.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Bond. Wingo. Golden cook. Moore. 5 certified burners and our average pass per attempt is 5 yards.    There should be 2 1000 yard receivers here 

We just need recievers who can make everyone miss after having to wait on a 5 yard pass to get to them on the edges. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

It’s hard to believe helm is our leading receiver in terms of catches and yards.