Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

19 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

You really are a true idoit. I mean you really expect everyone on the offense to be perfect on every play except Quinn. Anytime any other player isn't perfect, and Quinn is unable to pick his teammate up by making a play, then it's obviously not Quinn, but everytime a WR or RB makes an incredible adjustment and catch to a Quinn wounded duck, Quinn did his job.

Fuck your complete bullshit.

Quinn is just a game manager at this point.  He doesn't do anything special really.  

I'd rather have him than a myriad of the others(maybe Sam) in the QB wasteland we've been through the last 15 years but he's not really "special".

and the second pick was all on him. 

Edited by dcar00
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

You really are a true idoit. I mean you really expect everyone on the offense to be perfect on every play except Quinn. Anytime any other player isn't perfect, and Quinn is unable to pick his teammate up by making a play, then it's obviously not Quinn, but everytime a WR or RB makes an incredible adjustment and catch to a Quinn wounded duck, Quinn did his job.

Fuck your complete bullshit.

That isn't what he said at all. It's really weird how you can't admit that the offensive line is blowing protection.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Theyre literally perpendicular. Jesus Christ I hate it here.

Yeah I gave up lol. I tried to make the correlation that we had two really good qb’s who played well but it amounted to one championship because we had deficiencies in other spots we couldn’t overcome. The whole team has to play well or it’s all moot. Elite defenses like we have can win it all IF we have a game manager which Quinn could be if he quits turning the ball over. Those early bama teams had qb’s who weren’t world beaters. Baxter comes back next year paired with arch and I think we are lethal. Arch this year and I think we lose a couple games from him trying to be the hero. IMO. 

3 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Should be but usually they were coming from a LB at some type of depth so it was fairly consistent and QE seemed to have a mental clock for it.  I don't recall a bunch of DB or safety blitzes that got home on us last year.

Something is different but when “clean” per PFF, the ball is out from 2.18 seconds to 2.28 seconds over the past 3 years, but the average depth of target has dipped from 10.4 yards to 4.7 yards.  His overall depth of target was down prior to Georgia and Vandy.  He’s passed on some open guys this year but no idea how that compares year over year.

I would almost wager that the Olines early season success in pass protection made his sense of urgency less and that’s working against him now that he is being rushed.

On that corner blitz versus Georgia, I think in years past that ball is out of his hands.  Even if he has another second, he’s not making a completion because he’s not ready to throw.  It might also be that his WRs are all new so the trust isn’t quite there.

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

That isn't what he said at all. It's really weird how you can't admit that the offensive line is blowing protection.

They are, it's a problem doesn't explain away 6/17 for 77 yards. Like I said, if Quinn needs perfection on every play from the rest of the 10 guys in order to maximize this offense, then fuck him.

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Theyre literally perpendicular. Jesus Christ I hate it here.

I actually thought to put perpendicular but which way would you be facing if you were running parallel to the line of scrimmage?

Emoji Think GIF

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

So you think the secret to fixing guys coming completely unblocked through our offensive line is to hold the ball longer and throw it downfield? Got it.

Mr. Ewers we would just appreciate if your nephew or son would pull his head out of his ass, that’s all.  You can make all the excuses you want but that would definitely help.  If y’all can’t see any issues with him, then bless you. Quit giving him that a boys and man your line sucks and killed you after every game, that might help.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'd be fine with that but the issue is our opponents bounce shit outside too and there is never a flag.  Helm's was absolutely a fuck job.

they don't call it both ways.  The Vandy QB was doing the same shit.  no calls.

It does feel like they were getting the shaft a bit but what do you do? You gotta do something different because a holding call every outside run isn't going to help us.

Bond. Wingo. Golden cook. Moore. 5 certified burners and our average pass per attempt is 5 yards.    There should be 2 1000 yard receivers here 

This is where I’m at this is mind boggling that we aren’t dominating more.

As much as we want to blame ewers (warranted) I think some goes to sark as well. Everyone says in order to run sarks offense we need a deep threat. Manning deep ball is good, so the future should be fine. But if ewers doesn’t provide that and neither did past qbs like Thompson or card, then cater to their strengths? Don’t make them do things they aren’t good at. Is sark willing to adjust. Since sark has been here, we haven’t had a deep threat QB until ewers (besides manning) also not saying a lot lol, then cater it to them don’t make them cater to you. What their not good at, their not good at. Adjust. That’s my concern with Sark. So if we don’t have an elite QB, your offense can’t be ran good? Well no shit. You gotta make things work. You can’t bank on having a hurts, tUa, Mac, young type of lineage.

1 minute ago, utexas8 said:

This is where I’m at this is mind boggling that we aren’t dominating more.

As much as we want to blame ewers (warranted) I think some goes to sark as well. Everyone says in order to run sarks offense we need a deep threat. Manning deep ball is good, so the future should be fine. But if ewers doesn’t provide that and neither did past qbs like Thompson or card, then cater to their strengths? Don’t make them do things they aren’t good at. Is sark willing to adjust. Since sark has been here, we haven’t had a deep threat QB until ewers (besides manning) also not saying a lot lol, then cater it to them don’t make them cater to you. What their not good at, their not good at. Adjust. That’s my concern with Sark. So if we don’t have an elite QB, your offense can’t be ran good? Well no shit. You gotta make things work. You can’t bank on having a hurts, tUa, Mac, young type of lineage.

We'd all be happy if Ewers was throwing the intermediate passes he has shown to be very good at completing. He isn't anymore, nor is he looking in the middle of the field. Golden is open a lot in the 10-15 range in the middle of the field. The 1st tipped INT was going to him, he was wide open. On 2 of the 4 sacks, Golden was wide open, but Quinn held onto the ball. The only pass over the middle that I recall was to Helm down the seam and it was an explosive play. Every other pass was outside the hashes. When a defense knows you don't have to cover the middle of the field, they aren't going to do it. The playcalling is too predictable right now with Quinn because he refuses to use the entire field. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

It does feel like they were getting the shaft a bit but what do you do? You gotta do something different because a holding call every outside run isn't going to help us.

well it might help to throw water bottles towards the high school refs the SEC hires.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

RB is a big part of that. They aren’t very good between the tackles and Texas hasn’t run much inside. RB pass blocking is a roll of the dice 

It’s certainly frustrating. Seemingly too predictable on offense. RB pass blocking is pretty poor overall I’d say 

2 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

It’s certainly frustrating. Seemingly too predictable on offense. RB pass blocking is pretty poor overall I’d say 

I feel we should get a running back from portal. It’s been debated on a few of the sites but we don’t know what we will have with Baxter and Clark and the earliest each could be back is summer to fall camp next year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

Since people in here  like to suck off PFF in regards to Ewers Georgia game, he was the highest graded player on offense yesterday. Byyeeeee

I use it for context.  Context says grade QBs against QBs not relative to other positions.  For example Gunnar often has poor scores likely because of his blocking which may often be against DEs.  QBs don’t have to run the play correctly and beat their man like other positions.

20 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

We'd all be happy if Ewers was throwing the intermediate passes he has shown to be very good at completing. He isn't anymore, nor is he looking in the middle of the field. Golden is open a lot in the 10-15 range in the middle of the field. The 1st tipped INT was going to him, he was wide open. On 2 of the 4 sacks, Golden was wide open, but Quinn held onto the ball. The only pass over the middle that I recall was to Helm down the seam and it was an explosive play. Every other pass was outside the hashes. When a defense knows you don't have to cover the middle of the field, they aren't going to do it. The playcalling is too predictable right now with Quinn because he refuses to use the entire field. 

He threw this ball to Bolden after a holding call and got the 1st down. Climbed the pocket to deliver it and everything. Kept him clean. Straight dropback where he can see the routes develop.

Edited by Thatguy
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

Probably bad! The rest of the offense must’ve really sucked

Yeah because Quinn sucks. Offense goes as he goes and when he’s not near the top of pff then we will struggle. 

Just now, Thatguy said:

He threw this ball to Bolden after a holding call and got the 1st down. Climbed the pocket to deliver it and everything.

All these videos you’ve posted you could literally find double the amount of videos shit he did wrong 

16 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Since people in here  like to suck off PFF in regards to Ewers Georgia game, he was the highest graded player on offense yesterday. Byyeeeee

I mean he threw passes beind the LOS that our elite athletes turned into big gains.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I use it for context.  Context says grade QBs against QBs not relative to other positions.  For example Gunnar often has poor scores likely because of his blocking which may often be against DEs.  QBs don’t have to run the play correctly and beat their man like other positions.

Quick search using 20% of snaps as a qualifier, 9 QBs have a 90+ grade. 1 Olineman.  So five times as many linemen on any given play.

21 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

That's fuckin' interesting, man.

Edited by CurlyDumps
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

He threw this ball to Bolden after a holding call and got the 1st down. Climbed the pocket to deliver it and everything. Kept him clean. Straight dropback where he can see the routes develop.

Because they rushed three freaking guys only and it was one play where he did the right thing and was clutch!!!  Are you his girlfriend if not father or uncle?  The level of it’s not his fault vs everyone else from you is truly amazing.  And to above 27/37 with 20 being less than 3 yards downfield what don’t you get?  I’m sure you will come back with it was 8 that went more than that not 7 or some shit….  This is you. 

IMG_7748.gif

Edited by Hook1997

Awful play here doing exactly what the play is designed to do.  Fucking Quinn

More shitty short 2 yard passes hitting players in stride doing exactly what it's designed to do.  FUCK YOU QUINN

Quinn really missed the chance to take a 15+ yard shot down the the field here

And here

It's just ALL SOOOOO SHITTY.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Hook1997 said:

Because they rushed three freaking guys only and it was one play where he did the right thing and was clutch!!!  Are you his girlfriend if not father or uncle?  The level of it’s not his fault vs everyone else from you is truly amazing.  

You realize they weren't blitzing right? Almost all of those times they got to him they were only bringing 4 rushers. No way Vanderbilt should be beating our Oline with 4 guys consistently. Whether Ewers played well or not that should be something all of us can understand. The fact that you cannot admit to that being a problem says volumes about you and your childish name calling that you think works on 50 yr olds.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I’m not attempting to get in a big argument.  I’m not advocating for Arch.  Everything is front of this team.  Ewers can be the QB for a team that wins it all.

But this is an example of what he needs to do better. He’s done better.  He can do better.  He doesn’t need to climb the pocket.  Anticipate, stand and deliver.  Bolden is open out of the break.  

Maybe we need less play action.  Maybe we need more reps together.  We aren’t making enough of these plays whomever is at fault.

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Go to YouTube type in all plays condensed. Take out the 10-11 you’ve posted and there you have it 

Pass to Golden for a TD, took an elite effort from the WR to complete the catch.

Pass to Moore for the 2nd TD, poorly thrown ball that Moore had to adjust to and allowed the DB to make up the separation.

Pass to Helm for the big gain down the middle, threw off his back foot when he had no pressure, nearly allowed the LB to break up the pass.

CB sack, missed Golden over the middle and Wisner in the flat.

1st drive 2H. 1st and 10, RPO with a 2 man route, holds onto the ball and takes a sack.

2nd down, horrible throw to an open Wingo, broken up.

3rd down, stepped right into pressure because his pocket awareness is terrible, threw a bullet to Wiser that was nearly intercepted. Missed Helm coming free for a TD because he ran out of time due to his shitty pocket awareness.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I’m not attempting to get in a big argument.  I’m not advocating for Arch.  Everything is front of this team.  Ewers can be the QB for a team that wins it all.

But this is an example of what he needs to do better. He’s done better.  He can do better.  He doesn’t need to climb the pocket.  Anticipate, stand and deliver.  Bolden is open out of the break.  

Maybe we need less play action.  Maybe we need more reps together.  We aren’t making enough of these plays whomever is at fault.

IMO we need to quit using as much bunch and tight sets. We need to spread defenses out more and give him even easier reads. Bunch sets and tight formations make it easier for defenses to disguise pressure.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

IMO we need to quit using as much bunch and tight sets. We need to spread defenses out more and give him even easier reads. Bunch sets and tight formations make it easier for defenses to disguise pressure.

Need to scrap 12 personnel because we don't have the RB to use it effectively. Need to go to 11 personnel almost excusively.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Pass to Golden for a TD, took an elite effort from the WR to complete the catch.

Pass to Moore for the 2nd TD, poorly thrown ball that Moore had to adjust to and allowed the DB to make up the separation.

Pass to Helm for the big gain down the middle, threw off his back foot when he had no pressure, nearly allowed the LB to break up the pass.

“Quinn can’t expect the rest of the team to be perfect”

*proceeds to dissect every completion for imperfections* 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

I noted that it is overlooked when our elite athletes make plays and you fan bois gloss over them. Look, there are two people on a football team that will for sure touch the ball every offensive play. One gets paid 100s of millions of dollars when they are elite. No one gives a shit when Majors pancakes his guy or calls the correct protections, he's doing his job. When Quinn doesn't do his job, Texas doesn't score points.

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Not to mention you can see the last three passes in my last video (after the run since i missed the time stamp a tick). He's flat wrong on his first point (it's the point I made with the video) and LOL I would love for him to show us on the last point where Gunnar Helm who cuts off his route at about the ten and has a defender behind him and in front of him is "coming open for a TD".  

The Wingo throw, I would argue Quinn should have thrown that one more to the back corner to throw Wingo open but the idea Wingo is WIDE open is laughable

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

I noted that it is overlooked when our elite athletes make plays and you fan bois gloss over them. Look, there are two people on a football team that will for sure touch the ball every offensive play. One gets paid 100s of millions of dollars when they are elite. No one gives a shit when Majors pancakes his guy or calls the correct protections, he's doing his job. When Quinn doesn't do his job, Texas doesn't score points.

You know how much I hated majors until last year. He’s gotten better every single year. He’s even better this year than last year. You know who hasn’t gotten better, the QB. 

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

The Wingo throw, I would argue Quinn should have thrown that one more to the back corner to throw Wingo open but the idea Wingo is WIDE open is laughable

Wingo is wide open and it should have been easy touchdown in back corner. You should know that though….just a shit thrown ball. If it’s in back corner defender has no play and easy catch on a very open Wingo. The actual throw Ewers did allowed defender to close. This ain’t the big 12 defenses overall are overall faster. He doesn’t have the windows he had last year and it’s causing hesitancy 

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

When Majors doesn’t do his job the ball gets tipped and intercepted and Texas doesn’t score points. Wtf are you yammering about?

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Not to mention you can see the last three passes in my last video (after the run since i missed the time stamp a tick). He's flat wrong on his first point (it's the point I made with the video) and LOL I would love for him to show us on the last point where Gunnar Helm who cuts off his route at about the ten and has a defender behind him and in front of him is "coming open for a TD".  

Quinn needed to throw the RPO pass into the dirt to save the distance, instead he tucks the ball into the fetal position.

Quinn and Helm made a similar play against Michigan, some times you need to trust your guys to go make a play. Helm makes plays. 

You can't read, where does it say he's WIDE open. I said he was open which he is. I do think it's fucking hilarious how you gloss over the fact that Quinn's shitty ball placement kept us from scoring a TD like it is no big deal.

Look, if you want to judge Ewers on a scale of plays a freshmen QB should make, then feel free. Most others that have seen him play at a high level mind you, think he should be judged by the standard that other Sarkisian QBs have shown after 3 years in the system.

I was expecting him to play more like 2020 Mac Jones, instead we are getting freshmen Quinn. Quinn came into this season as the Heisman frontrunner and a sure fire #1 pick, he's not even in the Top 10 in Heisman talk anymore and each game he's dropping 5+ spots in the NFL draft. You can bury your head in the sand all you want but that doesn't change anything.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Wingo is wide open and it should have been easy touchdown in back corner. You should know that though….just a shit thrown ball. If it’s in back corner defender has no play and easy catch on a very open Wingo. The actual throw Ewers did allowed defender to close. This ain’t the big 12 defenses overall are overall faster. He doesn’t have the windows he had last year and it’s causing hesitancy 

This. I remember saying that should have been thrown to the corner let Wingo go get it. I also get frustrated with the consistent under throws on downfield throws