Concerts you are attending

bamachine

Third Goth Babe show under my belt... I will go see them any time they come to Austin.  Always such a positive, fun show and End Summer, as always, consumes me.

My wife bailed on me since it was a Tuesday night... she normally doesn't like being too close to the stage either but I'm all about it so I went straight to the front... missed the rail by that much.  Anyway, good times.  The Aces were a great opener.

image.thumb.png.eef1b25e37f6824c94d83fa580f40654.png

image.png.8d9655af361b5a8f05c7f9fd9927396b.png

image.thumb.png.5c4b7c0baa23da49d70ed3ad3fcbeb34.png

Hello fellow fans... I'm probably older than all of you...

image.thumb.png.fd4367cfa8753d212cc0d19c5e43e7df.png

The Aces

image.thumb.png.22f2ec0e3a82ae67409e956a289e2f9b.png

image.thumb.png.f895b3844b79e5ecba35035c88e43ab5.png

Hans Zimmer in Ft Worth last night. Just a great show in which I’ve never seen everyone performing having so much fun. He definitely played all the “hits.” Also love how shamelessly and unapologetically he gets the sexiest soloists in the world and has them play in lingerie. Good crowd, not just super fans like @Sydney Cartoon.

• Hook 'Em 1

brooks nielsen of the growlers at the paramount last night. dig his new sound, the pedal steel was sweeeeet. he played some solo stuff then all of the chinese fountain album. the kids behind us were on acid and it was hilarious listening to their conversations between songs. the poor old volunteer ushers had a hell of a time keeping people from dancing in the aisles. 

On 9/25/2024 at 12:59 PM, texasdago said:

Third Goth Babe show under my belt... I will go see them any time they come to Austin.  Always such a positive, fun show and End Summer, as always, consumes me.

My wife bailed on me since it was a Tuesday night... she normally doesn't like being too close to the stage either but I'm all about it so I went straight to the front... missed the rail by that much.  Anyway, good times.  The Aces were a great opener.

image.thumb.png.eef1b25e37f6824c94d83fa580f40654.png

image.png.8d9655af361b5a8f05c7f9fd9927396b.png

image.thumb.png.5c4b7c0baa23da49d70ed3ad3fcbeb34.png

Hello fellow fans... I'm probably older than all of you...

image.thumb.png.fd4367cfa8753d212cc0d19c5e43e7df.png

The Aces

image.thumb.png.22f2ec0e3a82ae67409e956a289e2f9b.png

image.thumb.png.f895b3844b79e5ecba35035c88e43ab5.png

The Goth Babe show in Las Colinas was ok. My wife enjoyed it immensely. It felt like there was a lot less energy than the previous time we saw him at The Factory, an albeit smaller venue. Toyota Music Factory is a much, much bigger room and is one of the ones that has a lawn with garage doors for large shows. This one didn't sell very well and they were giving "pit" upgrades to people who'd bought tickets in the seats. Toyota is weird in that the GA pit area is massive, then there are two sections of seats and then the lawn. They put an Alamodome-for-the-Spurs drape down after the first seated section. The pit area was pretty full, though. Anyway, it was a meh crowd, which sticks out when contrasted with Griff's energy. Like I said, I enjoyed it but it was lacking compared to the first time I'd seen him. I still find it perplexing that he doesn't play "Surfing in Iceland" ever. Oh, and I'm not a fan of his new haircut.

On the flip side, I absolutely loved the M. Ward show at The Kessler last night. It wasn't very crowded like most nut-to-butt Kessler shows can be. This was refreshing because we didn't have reserved seating upstairs for this one. It was my first time to see M. Ward after digging him for years. We didn't get really catch much of the opener -- Folk Bitch Trio -- but Ward brought them all out on stage for most of the closing set. I bumped into an old friend from my FWST/adult soccer days, which was fun. We were chatting about both hoping for a shock Zooey Deschanel appearance to sing "Rave On" or something. I tell you that any one of the three chicks in Folk Bitch Trio could handle the Zooey parts with equal aplomb. Those girls can sing.

Anyway, off to SLC in the AM. Lucius/War on Drugs/National on Sunday night. Wife said National covered "Bring On the Dancing Horses" a show or two back and I'm hoping they bust it out this weekend!

12 minutes ago, C-Man said:

The Goth Babe show in Las Colinas was ok. My wife enjoyed it immensely. It felt like there was a lot less energy than the previous time we saw him at The Factory, an albeit smaller venue. Toyota Music Factory is a much, much bigger room and is one of the ones that has a lawn with garage doors for large shows. This one didn't sell very well and they were giving "pit" upgrades to people who'd bought tickets in the seats. Toyota is weird in that the GA pit area is massive, then there are two sections of seats and then the lawn. They put an Alamodome-for-the-Spurs drape down after the first seated section. The pit area was pretty full, though. Anyway, it was a meh crowd, which sticks out when contrasted with Griff's energy. Like I said, I enjoyed it but it was lacking compared to the first time I'd seen him. I still find it perplexing that he doesn't play "Surfing in Iceland" ever. Oh, and I'm not a fan of his new haircut.

Its really strange... his show in Austin felt like it had so much energy and maybe he was feeding off of it.  Maybe its an Austin crowd vs Las Colinas crowd, I don't know.  I don't understand how you can't be all into it with an ending like Crocodile and End Summer.  I remember the one he did at Stubb's was really great, too.  Funny on the haircut, it looks like he did it on a whim while in Austin... weird to see him with short hair but yeah.  Anyway, no Surfing in Iceland for us.  This was our setlist...

image.thumb.png.a86dbf561e486642ce662e99390025eb.png

8 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Hanging on the beach the next 2 days 

image.thumb.png.efb6b986c7c1701c13d4327c76498d50.png

Gotta a buddy who is out there with his wife for the second straight year. I thought last year's lineup looked better. They're only going tomorrow, which would be the night I'd go. Not sure I'd even stick around for Sting though. But Cat Power, Glen Hansard, Jenny Lewis (drool), Black Pumas and Turnpike is a hell of a run up to the headliner.

On 9/5/2024 at 12:15 AM, mchookem said:

i am SUCH a fan, gotdamn i love them, groove so good!

saw them at the Moody Amp. in 2021... and tonight at Red Rocks! 😁it was windy and rainy and cold and that place was packed and we did that shit lol. pretty epic! 🤘

20240904_191033.jpg

20240904_212044.jpg

20240904_214328.jpg

It's nice to just be able to go to Red Rocks on a Thursday to see a show and not have it involve airfare and hotels, isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

33 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Gotta a buddy who is out there with his wife for the second straight year. I thought last year's lineup looked better. They're only going tomorrow, which would be the night I'd go. Not sure I'd even stick around for Sting though. But Cat Power, Glen Hansard, Jenny Lewis (drool), Black Pumas and Turnpike is a hell of a run up to the headliner.

Bought my tickets before Neil & Crazy Horse canceled and Sting replaced him. I’ll most likely leave after a few songs. Still my favorite “venue” though.