Concerts you are attending

bamachine

7 hours ago, C-Man said:

Wife and I went. Didn’t see the guy in the Foo shirt and cowboy boots, otherwise I would’ve asked, “Are you from the Internet?”

Show was good. Vocals were muddled, probably because way too many college kids means all they do at shows is talk all show long. We went upstairs and I told Mrs C-Man I couldn’t remember hearing ambient crowd noise like that during a show in a long time.

Anyway, I think they’re pretty good instrumentally. I think they need to work on making good tunes now. I preferred the less Southern hard rock stuff. More MMJ, less Skynyrd.

I was down in the GA area amongst the smu house party chatter crowd.

I agree that the vocals were muddled. The sound was much clearer at the austin live stream.

I dig their southern sound. They have some standards they’ve played many times and know how to bring the energy and crowd to a crescendo.

Glad you made it to the show. Bummed we didn’t meet up.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 12:26 PM, C-Man said:

Echo & the Bunnymen were a fun time at HOB Dallas last night. Second show of the tour so Ian's voice was probably as good as could be expected. Love Will's guitar work.

Always a good call to see Bunnymen early in the tour.  I saw them in Austin in 2022 and they canceled the next few shows b/c of Ian's voice.  He was having back problems at the time and went off stage to get a backrub (not the Deshawn Watson. type) so Will got to take over with an instrumental for a few minutes.  I've seen them a bunch of times over the years.  Will's playing seems to be getting stronger; Ian claims to be off drugs, which will prolong his career.

/csb
Saw them at a bar on 4th St on the tour when Ian had left the band.  Was standing in the bar/poolhall area of the place, as the opening act was just not very good.  Started talking to a guy.  He had a strong British accent, so I asked if he was touring w/ the band.  He said, "Yes, I'm Noel, the lead singer."  Oops.  It was Noel Burke, but I did not know what he looked like b/c the Reverberation liner notes did not contain photos.  He invite me to join them back stage after.  Went back there, and he says, "Hey boilerhorn - thanks for joining."  Drank w/ them and some others for a bit.  Until Will bought a bag of coke from some rando.  Time for me to leave.
/csb

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, SurlyGator said:

Going with my 17 year old daughter (no pics) to see Weezer Tuesday night in Nashville.  Not a huge fan, but should be a good experience with her.  I'm hoping for several of their better known covers.

No covers. But the show is a theatric production and fun. They hold off the album until the end but I get why. 

• Hook 'Em 1

saw the freaks on parade tour at cota on saturday. got $25 tickets from that live nation sale earlier this summer. 

filter: they only played for 30 minutes and they played the hits. didn't realize how many filter songs i'm familiar with. lead singer can't sing anymore...maybe never could, but he can still scream. they were fine. 

ministry: i have an appreciation for what they do, but i've never gotten into ministry. they were very repetitive and i have a feeling half the people on stage were not playing an instrument, and al jourgenson was certainly singing along to recorded vocals. 

alice cooper: he's still a performer and he put on a good show. all the same theatrics from when i saw him several years ago but it was entertaining...snakes, multiple people killed on stage, giant stage props, etc. the band sounded good. he has 3 guitarists, one of them being nita strauss. 

rob zombie: impressive array of video screens and various moving stage props. at one point he got everyone to scream and then he said we weren't any louder than fans in new jersey. this elicited boos from the crowd and he asked "what, do you hate bruce springsteen or something?" to which i was able to enthusiastically scream YES! so thanks for that, rob. he only played 2 white zombie songs and i'm not very familiar with his solo stuff but it was fun. 1965 is a fucking jam. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, stc said:

alice cooper: he's still a performer and he put on a good show. all the same theatrics from when i saw him several years ago but it was entertaining...snakes, multiple people killed on stage, giant stage props, etc. the band sounded good. he has 3 guitarists, one of them being nita strauss. 

Damn. And I thought the Jane’s show got out of hand.

13 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Saw Weezer do the Blue Album cover to cover last night.  

It ended at 11:55. They took the stage at 10:20. That’s too fucking late. 

They're in Dallas in a couple weeks -- looks like they're at AAC with Flaming Lips and Dinosaur Jr. Is that the show you saw? That would explain them playing so late.

Forgot one that my wife and I are committed to -- Future Islands at Longhorn Ballroom. Not sure when that is exactly. Saw them at ACL the one time I went (the year Radiohead and LCD headlined -- damn, those were the days!). Oops -- it's on 9/28, the same day we're heading to SLC to see War on Drugs/National the following day.

Also, we're probably going to snag some lawn seats for Nathaniel Rateliff and Gregory Alan Isakov in Las Colinas in October.

25 minutes ago, C-Man said:

They're in Dallas in a couple weeks -- looks like they're at AAC with Flaming Lips and Dinosaur Jr. Is that the show you saw? That would explain them playing so late.

Forgot one that my wife and I are committed to -- Future Islands at Longhorn Ballroom. Not sure when that is exactly. Saw them at ACL the one time I went (the year Radiohead and LCD headlined -- damn, those were the days!). Oops -- it's on 9/28, the same day we're heading to SLC to see War on Drugs/National the following day.

Also, we're probably going to snag some lawn seats for Nathaniel Rateliff and Gregory Alan Isakov in Las Colinas in October.

Yup. They’ve ended an hour earlier everywhere else - the anthem sucks. 

On 9/14/2024 at 11:25 PM, Buzzrock said:

Nathaniel Rateliff raised the roof, and MMJ melted my brain and my face tonight. Great show. Highly recommend. 

Going to the Austin show at the end of October.  Gregory Alan Isakov is opening - I don't know him, but my daughter is going just to see him and she says I'll like him.