Maalik Murphy single handedly unfucks Dukes football program.

Zeus

On 9/29/2024 at 11:43 AM, BurntEyes said:

It would be even funnier if it weren't so fucking familiar. No lead ever felt safe with Mack outside when Vince was playing. Even then... it was in the back of my mind.

I don't recall us blowing a lot of leads under Mack. Feel that was more Herman's forte.

• Fuck You 1

• 3 weeks later...

Did he play with a blindfold on?  I don’t even understand how that stat line is possible.  They won but wtf, I know the receivers are bad but damn.  Did he only complete screen passes?  Florida State should feel really bad about how terrible they are.  

Edited by Hook1997

7 minutes ago, Bookman said:

With Manny Diaz as their head coach and Maalik Murphy as their QB, Duke beats defending conference champ Florida State for the first time ever.

Norvell is making damn near 10 million a year..  how does he have a job today?   They are 1-6 and Duke had 180 yards of offense and they still lost.   

IMG_7673.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Manny Diaz has legitimately developed as a coach, I guess. His defense played really well and the FSU offense was hapless, albeit more productive between the 20’s than the dogshit that Duke and Murphy served up. 180 yards of offense is pathetic. +4 in turnover margin is awesome and why they won the game. 

Anyone on here giving any credit to Murphy for this win did not watch the game and/or doesn’t know a fucking thing about football. They won in spite of Murphy’s futility. 

Duke needs Murphy in a big way against SMU and Miami in the next two matchups. We’re all going to find out if he’s up to it and I’d like to see Duke win both and create chaos in the ACC. 

24 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Norvell is making damn near 10 million a year..  how does he have a job today?   They are 1-6 and Duke had 180 yards of offense and they still lost.   

IMG_7673.jpeg

FSU allegedly does not have the money or the interest in buying Norvell out. Per their 247 insiders, he’s absolutely going to get at least another year. 

Now, if the dude finishes 2-10? Maybe that somehow changes, but they’re not a wealthy alumni base. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Manny Diaz has legitimately developed as a coach, I guess. His defense played really well and the FSU offense was hapless, albeit more productive between the 20’s than the dogshit that Duke and Murphy served up. 180 yards of offense is pathetic. +4 in turnover margin is awesome and why they won the game. 

Did he really, though? He's always coached a high-risk style of defense that aims for lots of turnovers and negative yardage plays, but struggles against good blitz beaters and sound offense. "It's the tackling, stupid."

Agreed on Malik, though. He looked shitty. I mentioned the asstastic YPA above, but he looked even worse live. Also he's basically having to take snaps nearly on his knees when he's in the shotgun, and even then the center isn't helping him out.

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

FSU allegedly does not have the money or the interest in buying Norvell out. Per their 247 insiders, he’s absolutely going to get at least another year. 

He just got a massive extension after turning Bama down (or at least FSU thought he turned Bama down)