24-25 Fantasy League (seeking additional members)

Baboontyme

oof. i’m the opposite, on both counts. i wouldn’t be interested in a $20 league, and i don’t find the wire to be barren. in fact i’m nearly always going back and forth about dropping one of my guys for a FA add. i wouldn’t care if we expanded the rosters lol.

looks like we might need to recruit some more folks of this league is going to happen this year. 

• immamac changed the title to 24-25 Fantasy League (seeking additional members)

updated league roster:

me, baboon, durdy, timmy, IT, BO, and capn. we need three more to confirm they are back or to join. and it looks like it’ll be $50-$75 for the buy-in.

also, since this is a keeper league we should let IT and BO choose which roster they’ll take over. baboon jr is out so his roster is open, and ztejas and dutch are possibly out as well.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Derka said:

@ztejas and @Dutchrudder-

please let us know if you’re in under the current rules/buy-in, and if not, if you’re out, of or you just want something tweaked. thank you. 

Yeah if you need one more I'll stay in and try hard. I do like how it makes me watch more games than I normally would. I have Tyrese Maxey as a keeper option to help make my team better 😁 

I propose the following changes for discussion, however my membership isn't contingent on any of them:

1. Reduce active or bench size by 1. Smaller roster helps with wire stuff and rewards more active players. Less starting spots makes matchup choices more important. Either way could work to make it more competitive. 

2. Put everyone on waivers for 2 days after the draft, and make the wire order reverse order of the draft.

3. Remove Triple Doubles as a scoring category. Too lopsided of a stat, only Luka and Jokic have any real impact on this stat. Would be cool if the Double Double category would get an extra point for TDs so they aren't completely lost. Maybe bonus points for a quadruple double, cause I think Wemby is going to do that eventually.

If you want to maintain 12 scoring categories, are there other options? Maybe something defensive that would balance out player selection options? I'm not sure what's available as a stat to use.

Edited by Dutchrudder
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

i’m open to all of that. if anyone else wants to weigh in feel free, we’ve still got a decent amount of time to work things out, so getting this discussion started now is a good thing. 

Edited by Derka