24-25 Fantasy League (seeking additional members)

Baboontyme

oof. i’m the opposite, on both counts. i wouldn’t be interested in a $20 league, and i don’t find the wire to be barren. in fact i’m nearly always going back and forth about dropping one of my guys for a FA add. i wouldn’t care if we expanded the rosters lol.

looks like we might need to recruit some more folks of this league is going to happen this year. 

• immamac changed the title to 24-25 Fantasy League (seeking additional members)

updated league roster:

me, baboon, durdy, timmy, IT, BO, and capn. we need three more to confirm they are back or to join. and it looks like it’ll be $50-$75 for the buy-in.

also, since this is a keeper league we should let IT and BO choose which roster they’ll take over. baboon jr is out so his roster is open, and ztejas and dutch are possibly out as well.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Derka said:

@ztejas and @Dutchrudder-

please let us know if you’re in under the current rules/buy-in, and if not, if you’re out, of or you just want something tweaked. thank you. 

Yeah if you need one more I'll stay in and try hard. I do like how it makes me watch more games than I normally would. I have Tyrese Maxey as a keeper option to help make my team better 😁 

I propose the following changes for discussion, however my membership isn't contingent on any of them:

1. Reduce active or bench size by 1. Smaller roster helps with wire stuff and rewards more active players. Less starting spots makes matchup choices more important. Either way could work to make it more competitive. 

2. Put everyone on waivers for 2 days after the draft, and make the wire order reverse order of the draft.

3. Remove Triple Doubles as a scoring category. Too lopsided of a stat, only Luka and Jokic have any real impact on this stat. Would be cool if the Double Double category would get an extra point for TDs so they aren't completely lost. Maybe bonus points for a quadruple double, cause I think Wemby is going to do that eventually.

If you want to maintain 12 scoring categories, are there other options? Maybe something defensive that would balance out player selection options? I'm not sure what's available as a stat to use.

Edited by Dutchrudder
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

i’m open to all of that. if anyone else wants to weigh in feel free, we’ve still got a decent amount of time to work things out, so getting this discussion started now is a good thing. 

Edited by Derka

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

@RexWilson - out

@BallamaticBevo said let's run it back at the end of last year but hasn't confirmed participation this year

@Dutchrudder has not confirmed

@ztejas - out

Confirmed: Derka, his buddies, @Capn81, @BigOrange1, @ITHorn, me

If you need one more, I'll play. If I make it an odd number you can leave me out. No hard feelings.

• Like 1

Shit it was Rex that set up the rosters and keepers and everything in the system. I remember the config wasn't exactly intuitive. I guess we'll figure it out but I guess this post is a reminder that someone needs to get in there well in advance of draft time to figure it out. 

@BallamaticBevo

@BallamaticBevo

@BallamaticBevo

Come out and play!

One week until opening day. We best be getting on with things. Derka did you confirm that other manager? Anyone have any idea how to reach Ballamatic? Should we set a draft date and keeper deadline? Draft next Monday night?

Rule changes: 

Moving schedule in 2? weeks? 

Removing triple doubles? I'm ok either way on that one. There are 3 guys that separate themselves from the group, not just 1.

Anything else?

you’re right, the draft is in five days.

IMG_5178.thumb.jpeg.2a74a715fc04124195d04f00c9f9e719.jpeg

we’re nearing the point of having to call this an 8 team league. in fact we’re probably there as dutch being back in makes 8. we should try and do the following as quickly as possible:

•set any new rules. i agree that we need to move the playoffs up by two weeks, but if we’re going to get rid of TD we need another stat to replace it.

•expand the roster sizes

•knock out the draft order

honestly i say we give this 24 hours for people to chime in, then we can whatever changes need to be made and i can knock out the draft order.

14 minutes ago, mojo said:

Hello. I'm a lurker but am interested. Can you tell me what your rules are or direct me to them? I know your draft is this Sunday.

Are you a real person? If so we would welcome you with open arms.

We played 12 category last year, head to head, one week period. Playoffs was 2 weeks per period. The rule discussions thus far involve removing the category of triple doubles from the scoring since it skews the matchups towards any team that owns Domas, Joker or Luka. The other change that everyone seems to be on board with is moving the start of the playoffs up 2 weeks. Previously our playoffs ran almost right up until the end of the regular season and many regulars do not play.

6 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Are you a real person? If so we would welcome you with open arms.

We played 12 category last year, head to head, one week period. Playoffs was 2 weeks per period. The rule discussions thus far involve removing the category of triple doubles from the scoring since it skews the matchups towards any team that owns Domas, Joker or Luka. The other change that everyone seems to be on board with is moving the start of the playoffs up 2 weeks. Previously our playoffs ran almost right up until the end of the regular season and many regulars do not play.

I'm real! Not a bot.

I hate A&M and OU STILL Sucks. (I have a small fear about playing A&M at the end of the season as they will already have crashed and that will be their Super Bowl. We may have already "clinched" a playoff and may play down.)

You play hth for a week and whoever gets most points, assts, rebs gets a point for each of those, correct? What are the 12 categories.

I can Venmo or whatever.

3 hours ago, mojo said:

I'm real! Not a bot.

I hate A&M and OU STILL Sucks. (I have a small fear about playing A&M at the end of the season as they will already have crashed and that will be their Super Bowl. We may have already "clinched" a playoff and may play down.)

You play hth for a week and whoever gets most points, assts, rebs gets a point for each of those, correct? What are the 12 categories.

I can Venmo or whatever.

stat categories are:

FG %
FTM

3PM

PTS

AST

BLK

STL

DD

TD

OREB

DREB

TO

and yes, each week will end with a score of something like 8-3-1 or 10-2-0. one point per category. 

sox teams make the playoffs, top two seeds get a bye

youll be inheriting a roster and choosing between 0-2 keepers from that roster. the keeper has to have been drafted after round 3 last year and will be drafted one round earlier this year.

everyone needs to declare their keepers in here.

also i have a guy lined up so we can make it a full 10 team league.

also we hold onto the money until the season ends and then just each individually send or league dues to those who cashed.

Edited by Derka

also fwiw there are other stats (3pm, ftm, TO, oreb) that skew towards a select few players (more than three, but still have just a handful of guys who are elite/terrible) so i don’t really have a problem with keeping TD as a stat. 

Ok, that makes sense to me. I'm in.

10 teams. Is it weekly lineup change or daily lineup change?

How many players per team and what positions (one of pg,sg,sf,pf,c, g,g, c, f, bench, etc)?

What website do you use?

I post who my keeper is/are and then it's auto drafted one round earlier than it was picked last year, right?

8PM draft on Sunday is CST?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mojo said:

Ok, that makes sense to me. I'm in.

10 teams. Is it weekly lineup change or daily lineup change?

How many players per team and what positions (one of pg,sg,sf,pf,c, g,g, c, f, bench, etc)?

What website do you use?

I post who my keeper is/are and then it's auto drafted one round earlier than it was picked last year, right?

8PM draft on Sunday is CST?

IMG_5259.thumb.jpeg.7e62ba4852aaaa3c99d087dc51324f81.jpeg

IMG_5260.thumb.jpeg.89e0d02fea8143310f2770dbed6be92b.jpeg

daily lineup changes. keepers will be set into the draft before it starts. draft is sunday at 8 on espn.

6 minutes ago, mojo said:

Thank you, that's helpful. It looks like 19 starters, 5 bench, 3 IR. How many rounds is the draft? How does the waiver wire work?

i think the draft is 24 rounds. ww period is 24 hr. 

@Baboontyme are you able to see last year’s draft? my buddy is trying to remember what round he took his keeper.

19 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

have i been assigned a team?  

you got here first, so you can pick from rex, ztejas, and i think it was baboon jr’s teams. you’ll want to see last year’s draft first though as it has your pertinent keeper information.