24-25 Fantasy League (seeking additional members)

Baboontyme

I don't know if I have a say, but I'm fine with taking out triple doubles. It seems like there are only 3 or 4 players that have a shot at that and I won't be able to draft any of them. It just seems like too much of an advantage to whoever gets those players. 

Though I do thank Derka's mom for back-to-back picks!

1 hour ago, mojo said:

I don't know if I have a say, but I'm fine with taking out triple doubles. It seems like there are only 3 or 4 players that have a shot at that and I won't be able to draft any of them. It just seems like too much of an advantage to whoever gets those players. 

Though I do thank Derka's mom for back-to-back picks!

Your vote counts as much as anyone else's. I just looked at the settings again and there is no requirement that we pick 12 categories. What if we just remove it and roll with 11? Anyone object? 

I just need Focker's keepers. Any word @Derka

13 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Your vote counts as much as anyone else's. I just looked at the settings again and there is no requirement that we pick 12 categories. What if we just remove it and roll with 11? Anyone object? 

I just need Focker's keepers. Any word @Derka

he hasn’t responded yet. hart seems like an obvious keeper. want to just give him hart and call it a day?

16 minutes ago, Derka said:

he hasn’t responded yet. hart seems like an obvious keeper. want to just give him hart and call it a day?

If we don't hear by tonight, yeah I'll do that. I want to make sure I have it set up and don't need to scramble before the draft tomorrow. 

If he decides he wants someone else in addition we can just make note of it and tell people he's off limits and then have him draft that guy in the proper round. 

Jr really drafted a hell of a team. Maybe he wants to keep Killian Hayes. 

Edited by Baboontyme

On 10/18/2024 at 4:13 PM, Baboontyme said:

1. @Capn81 - Scottie Barnes (3rd) Jalen Williams (4th)

2. I'm Rick James Bitch - Tim/Friend of Derka (FOD) - Keeping CJ McCollum (7th) and Buddy Hield (9th)

3. Steve's Smart Team - mojo - Bane (8th) and Nic Claxton (15th)

4. Dirk4Prez - ITHorn - Keeping Kyrie Irving (5th) and Miles Bridges (7th)

5. Greg's Great Team/Team Name TBD - BigOrange1 - Keeping Ant Man (8th) and RJ Barrett (12th)

6. Baboon's Goons - Me - Derrick White (11th) Jabari Smith Jr (12th)

7. Durdy Zion - Durdy Dan the Mann (FOD) - Keeping Evan Mobley (9th)

8. Rags 2 Riches - Derka and FOD - Keeping Rudy Gobert (6th) and Chet Holmgren (10th)

9. Greg's Grand Team - FOFOD Greg B - MPJ (9th) Josh Hart (11th)

10. Ants Having a Good Time - Dutchrudder - keeping Tyrese Maxey (4th) and Brandon Miller (10th)

You should not have to pick your keepers, the draft should do it automatically.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

I have changed the regular season schedule to encompass 18 weeks instead of 20. Besides that and replacing TDs with FT% I haven't made any other changes to the league settings. Let me know if I missed anything. 

that should do it. good luck everybody! the nba season is upon us!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

I have changed the regular season schedule to encompass 18 weeks instead of 20. Besides that and replacing TDs with FT% I haven't made any other changes to the league settings. Let me know if I missed anything. I'm

It's all good. I joined in the 5th round or so. Wemby would have been my first pick if TDs aren't a stat, that dude is gonna be in the running for MVP this year.  Fox was my only wtf auto pick. I had him last year, and he was streaky and frustrating to have on your team. Maxey was my keeper in the 4th. I'm just glad I got in before it auto drafted Kawhi or Westbrook to me 😁

I would have probably taken Donovan Mitchell in the 2nd anyway, I love getting guys that are on my favorite teams. Plus I got him in the 2nd in my other league too. My other league team is pretty awesome looking compared to where some of the guys went in this draft, I got Giannis, Mitchell and Sabonis with my first 3 picks in a 10 team league. I think the players in this league are much higher quality, so I hope to wreck shop over there, even though I had 7th pick. 

• Like 1

yeah i actually think you have a great team. i’ve looked over the rosters and there are at least 4 or 5 really good looking rosters as of today. of course it’s mid october and the finals aren’t until april, so a lot will change, but yeah, i see a few teams out there that had particularly good drafts. 

On 10/21/2024 at 8:43 PM, Derka said:

i am so crunk that the season starts tomorrow. 24 hours from now i’ll be in my recliner, bourbon in hand, watching god knows how many games at once. LFG.

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe915k0tiax77rji11juzi

Weiner kids ruined my night. I was hoping to be doing the same but it was not to be. Watching now at least. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

👀

image.thumb.png.1ff80fffb6abcbcc55ad89cd1c856283.png\

I'm gonna take a flyer on this guy with my last roster spot and see WTF happens lol...

Ok nevermind. He's not gonna do anything even if half the team is injured by January. I saw him pop up as a dark horse RoY candidate on some betting sites and thought he might be worth a flyer, but he's just gonna drag down my averages if I use him. Still can't believe they wasted a 2nd on him, he should be in the G League. 

15 hours ago, Derka said:

Sir, This Is A Wemby’s

lol great name 

I haven't seen that ISIS Toyota skit in a while, still hilarious! I recommend everyone watch it:

I found some other good team names on reddit that made me chuckle:

55pts 55rebs 55asts 55blks 55stls

Inj-N-Out

Very Demar, very Derozen

P Giddey

Innocent Until Proven Giddey

Giddey Diddler

They're Eating the KATs!

Edey effects 1 in 5 Men

Sweet Home Wembanyama 

Do Ayton Of Drugs

Wish Upon Ausar