Taika Waititi's Time Bandits, AppleTv+

atomheartbevo

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/taika-waititi-time-bandits-series-apple-cast-lisa-kudrow-charlene-yi-1235386882/

The “Time Bandits” TV series at Apple from Taika Waititi has found its main cast, Variety has learned. 

Joining the series are: Lisa Kudrow (“Friends,” “The Comeback” as Penelope; Kal-El Tuck (“Unseeing Evil,” “Band in the Sand”) as Kevin; Charlyne Yi (“Knocked up,” “Paper Heart”) as Judy; Tadhg Murphy (“Conversations with Friends,” “Black Sails”) as Alto; Roger Jean Nsengiyumva (“You Don’t know Me,” “Tomb Raider”) as Widgit; Rune Temte (“The Last Kingdom,” “Captain Marvel”) as Bittelig; Kiera Thompson (“Martyrs Lane,” “Salisbury Poisonings”) as Saffron; and Rachel House (“Heartbreak High,” “Thor Ragnarok”) as Fianna.

The official description of the 10-episode series describes it as “a comedic journey through time and space with a ragtag group of thieves and their newest recruit: an eleven-year-old history nerd (Tuck).”

Waititi co-wrote the pilot for the series and will also direct the first two episodes. He executive produces alongside Jemaine Clement, Iain Morris, and Garrett Basch along with Handmade Films. Clement and Morris also co-wrote with Waititi. “Time Bandits” is produced by Paramount Television Studios, Anonymous Content’s AC Studios, and MRC Television.

time bandits GIF by Nick

no fucking idea when it’s happening.

Edited by atomheartbevo

• atomheartbevo changed the title to Taika Waititi's Time Bandits, AppleTv+
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Pretty fun

My 11 year-old absolutely loved the first episode, and we will watch the next tomorrow.  I thought it was good and fun.  It’s not the original Time Bandits, but I love that they are doing deeper dives into the periods they are in.  

15 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

First episode of fine, but Lisa Kudrow needs to work on her delivery. I keep waiting for her to say, you should be in bed young man! It’s after 9pm. 

1 hour ago, rage-a-holic said:

It's not terrible, but casting Lisa Kudrow as the "co-leader" is just baffling

We will watch the second one later, but I find her attitude of not giving a fuck about the kid and her willingness to leave him stranded in time at multiple points (until he shows value) amusing.

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

We will watch the second one later, but I find her attitude of not giving a fuck about the kid and her willingness to leave him stranded in time at multiple points (until he shows value) amusing.

She's just a weird choice for the role. You can't tell me Taika couldn't find a better comedic actor for that part.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Horn_Spanker said:

Loved the movie, excited for the series, but Kudrow is terrible.  Couldn't finish episode 1.

I'm trying to stay with it but as hard as Kudrow tries her comic timing/mannerisms/delivery is just too much like phoebe.  It is hard to unsee/unhear.

also, what parents would name their kid Kal-El...sheesh.

53 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'm trying to stay with it but as hard as Kudrow tries her comic timing/mannerisms/delivery is just too much like phoebe.  It is hard to unsee/unhear.

also, what parents would name their kid Kal-El...sheesh.

I think that's just her.  She doesn't know how to play anyone else.

I'm a fan.  The kid actually bothers me a bit, but the rest of the cast is solid.  I'm also a sucker for pretty much anything Taika and Jermaine do.  Speaking of, whatever happened to Brett?

Wife and I were talking about that the other night. Everybody else from that show has gone on to big things except poor Brett.

2 hours ago, Scary Stranger said:

Wife and I were talking about that the other night. Everybody else from that show has gone on to big things except poor Brett.

He has had a couple of speaking parts in the LOTR movies and has a small cult following there, but yeah.  C'mon Jermaine!  Bring your buddy along!

Seriously, the original Flight of the Conchords stand up on HBO is a fucking classic.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
On 9/29/2022 at 8:14 AM, South Austin said:

Loved the movie growing up as a kid. Saw it in the theater at Spotsylvania Mall outside Fredericksburg, Virginia.

Watched the movie several times at a friend's house on Laser Disc.  Was pretty disturbed by it, but have fond memories of the movie overall.

be25bafc-8219-40ca-9ad0-bb3d4661d34a-tex

Edited by dcbc

5 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm a fan.  The kid actually bothers me a bit, but the rest of the cast is solid.  I'm also a sucker for pretty much anything Taika and Jermaine do.  Speaking of, whatever happened to Brett?

I think Brett is more into music than acting.  Won an Oscar for his work on the muppets movie. 

• Hook 'Em 1