Zach Bryan

billfromlaketravis

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2024 at 7:05 PM, BigOrange1 said:

thoughts on the new album?  it took me a couple of listens but i'm really digging it.  the three strong strech that includes 28, american nights, and oak island is really good shit.

I like it, but not as much as the self titled one he released last year.  

28, Oak Island, Sandpaper, and Pink Skies are probably my favorite.  Could do without Bass Boat(at least the first couple times I have heard it....maybe it will grow on me) and Funny Man 

Going to see him this weekend in Houston with Levi Turner and Isbell opening up for him 

I haven't spent much time with it yet.  Gave it one spin the day it came out, and felt like it was all in a similar vein, and I wasn't in the mood for that at the moment.  I really like Pink Skies though.  I'm sure I'll dig in at some point.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2024 at 8:16 AM, Scraps said:

I like it, but not as much as the self titled one he released last year.  

28, Oak Island, Sandpaper, and Pink Skies are probably my favorite.  Could do without Bass Boat(at least the first couple times I have heard it....maybe it will grow on me) and Funny Man 

Going to see him this weekend in Houston with Levi Turner and Isbell opening up for him 

I ended up going to this as well. Had never seen Jason Isbell or Zach Bryan. Was a little disappointed by the short setlist and selection by Jason Isbell, but holy shit, Zach Bryan's cult following and meteoric rise with what appears to be very minimal radio play is pretty incredible.

• Like 1

Yep. Show was a blast.

Just gotta get the GenZers to quit falling out in the pit. He had to stop the shlw 4 times to not get Travis Scott'd

I will be seeing both of them again in 2 weeks in Tampa

• Hook 'Em 1

I also was pleasantly surprised ZB played Tishomingo and 68 Fastback. I look up previous setlists to kind of see what is being played and he hadnt been playing those during this tour at all i don't think.

3 hours ago, Scraps said:

Yep. Show was a blast.

Just gotta get the GenZers to quit falling out in the pit. He had to stop the shlw 4 times to not get Travis Scott'd

I will be seeing both of them again in 2 weeks in Tampa

Hehehe, my granddaughter (16yo... absolutely, no pics) was in the pit.  She did not pass out.  Girl she was with at the concert(nope, no pics) *caught* someone that passed out.   GD was psyched when ZB looked in her direction and stopped the show.  

• Haha 1

[mention=228]Scraps[/mention] any idea who was the young kid who came up on stage and attempted to sing?
is this a normal part of his tour?
Don't know who the kid is, but yeah Zach will let people come up every so often and sing with him on a song. Seen females get pulled up to do Dawns etc that has female part.

That kid could play the guitar, but his vocals were dookie
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Don't know who the kid is, but yeah Zach will let people come up every so often and sing with him on a song. Seen females get pulled up to do Dawns etc that has female part.

That kid could play the guitar, but his vocals were dookie

he needs to learn to lean into the mic, couldn't hear half of what he said

• 3 weeks later...

Went and saw Isbell/ZB again last Wednesday night in Tampa.  Was reminded why I do not go to Cynthia Woods much, because outdoor concerts in the South in the summer blow ass (too hot....get off my lawn).  

Isbell rocked it again, but this time they didn't do Honeysuckle Blue, which was pretty badass in Houston.  

ZB played like 6 less songs (probably 25-30 min shorter) than he did in Houston.  Was still a good show, but the two times I have seen him in Houston were way better.  

I'm done til the next tour whenever that might be.