Texas Recruiting Notes 2026: NIL Deals for flying cars

texifornia

19 hours ago, Getafix said:

Dia Bell and Troy Huhn are the two primary targets.  Gerry believes our QB1 will be one of these two.

But for the Elite Camp, they've invited 7 QBs.

Here's the invitee list for the camp, from Horns 247.

Nashville (TN) Lipscomb Academy three-star DL Amir Leonard-Jean Charles

Ft. Lauderdale (FL) American Heritage five-star QB Dia Bell

Harbor City (CA) Narbonne four-star QB Jaden O'Neal

San Marcos (CA) Mission Hills four-star QB Troy Huhn

El Paso Del Valle four-star QB Jake Fette

Conroe Grand Oaks three-star QB Grant Smith

Argyle Liberty Christian three-star QB Quinn Murphy

Seguin QB Corey Dailey

Pflugerville QB Cole Taylor

Texarkana (TX) Texas High four-star RB Tradarian Ball

Carthage four-star RB KJ Edwards

Aledo three-star RB Raycine Guillory — Texas commit

Hutto three-star RB Keilan Chavies

Waco University four-star WR London Smith

Santa Ana (CA) Mater Dei four-star WR Kayden Dixon-Wyatt

Stockton (CA) St. Mary's three-star WR Kenneth Moore III

Allen three-star WR Caleb Smith

Pearland Shadow Creek WR Chris Stewart

Dallas Parish Episcopal WR Jaylen Pile

Melissa WR Payhton Porter

Pflugerville three-star TE Jaivion Martin

North Crowley five-star OT John Turntine III

IMG Academy (FL) four-star OT Keenyi Pepe

Killeen Shoemaker OT Troy Pless

IMG Academy (FL) three-star IOL Breck Kolojay

Dallas South Oak Cliff OT Cortavious Tisaby

Euless Trinity IOL Pupunagatoa Katoa

Pflugerville Weiss IOL Jerald Mays

Temple four-star DL Jamarion Carlton

Bastrop four-star DL Tiki Hola

Duncanville four-star EDGE KJ Ford

Duncanville EDGE Landon Barnes

Carthage four-star LB Daquives Beck

Katy Mayde Creek three-star LB Kosi Okpala

Fort Bend Marshall three-star LB Noriel Dominguez

Willis four-star CB Jermaine Bishop

Temple four-star CB Jason Bradford

Palestine CB S'Vioarean Martin

Allen CB Lebron Bauer

Carrollton (Ga.) four-star SAF Zelus Hicks

Duncanville three-star SAF Braylon Edwards

Fort Bend Marshall SAF Isaiah Williams

Austin LBJ SAF Yaheim Riley

Killeen Shoemaker SAF Karson Tutwiler

San Marcos ATH Izayah Young

Bastrop QB Weston Nielsen

Denton Guyer QB Zephyr Kreye

Rowlett QB Samuel Ioera

Kerrville Tivy QB Seth Shuler

Richmond Randle RB Landen Williams-Callis

Brenham RB Jakoby Dixon

Houston Kinkaid RB Wayne Shanks Jr.

Jackson (Ala.) RB Ezavier Crowell

Aledo RB Jeremiah Johnson

Humble Summer Creek WR Tre Brown

Bastrop WR Zachary Wilkinson

Dallas South Oak Cliff OT Brian Swanson

Forney OT Jordan Carraway

Garland Lakeview Centennial DL Khing Thibodeaux

Cy Ridge EDGE Kaden McCarty

Garland Lakeview Centennial CB Montre Jackson

Red Oak CB Dhillon McGee

Waxahachie SAF JayQuan Snell

Lewisville SAF Aiden Evans

Curious why Finley from Aledo is not on that list 

8 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Helobious bias?

spacer.png

All I know is he’s from San Antonio and that’s all I need. My dream haul would include him, Michael Terry, Jaden Perez, Ty Hawkins, and Jonathan Hatton. Haven’t seen the city this loaded with talent since the Malcom Brown/Johnny Manziel days.

This kid is legit as they come. First person to start for SA Madison as a freshman I can ever remember. 

Are we thinking of the same SA Madison team, not exactly a powerhouse program? Although Streety was a great longtime coach.

21 minutes ago, kwood4408 said:

Are we thinking of the same SA Madison team, not exactly a powerhouse program? Although Streety was a great longtime coach.

They were absolutely a SA powerhouse in the 2000s and early 2010s. Regularly made the regional finals and had a couple state semifinal appearances. Streety really underachieved with the talent he had there actually 

• Hook 'Em 1

They were absolutely a SA powerhouse in the 2000s and early 2010s. Regularly made the regional finals and had a couple state semifinal appearances. Streety really underachieved with the talent he had there actually 

Moved away from SA during the 2000s and got back in 2012 so my bad.

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

They were only good when Aaron Green was there. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

They were only good when Aaron Green was there. 

That’s quite literally when they had some of their worst years under Streety. Green was on varsity from 2008-2010. They bookended state semifinal appearances before & after his time as a starter. Devin Thomas was the RB for that 2007 run before he got hurt. Aaron’s older brother Andrew took over after that IIRC.

IMG_4468.jpeg.80635ddd8c1377c2f4381a754b43aca7.jpeg

Edited by Helobious
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, speed817 said:

Grew up with his old man in Everman. Been trading messages with him back and forth this weekend.

Screenshot_20240602-113516.png.d258dcd748c181cf0a77820be0b8f6ba.png

Maybe don't put private correspondence like this out in public. Share the sentiment? Sure. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

He doesn’t like his QB to be run 1st. Subtle difference but in modern game mobile QBs are a must, especially for extending drives or shortening downs

You don't need an "athletic" QB in the sense he was talking about to extend plays to throw. I'm sure Huhn is plenty athletic judging by his tape to do that. Just like Trey Owens is. 

We don't know enough about either of these kids to know who is the better fit, but if I had to judge based on what Sark usually asks his QBs to do I'd say it's the QB that can more quickly develop the mental side of his game to this complex offense. Whichever one that is. 

1 hour ago, CashMcCoy said:

What makes you think he relies on his running ability?

IMG_9092.thumb.jpeg.4f15c41dac4aff0fa542c6fac14cfe48.jpeg

I wasn't talking about Bell. I know nothing about him. I was addressing that guy's statement that he wants athletic QBs. That just doesn't fit with Sark's offense. Much rather have QBs that can throw and have the head to make quick decisions than quick legs and a sub 4.5 40. I don't know which of these 2 QBs better fits that description. 

The Stampede: 10 visitors from Saturday's Elite Camp that have the highest chances to end up at Texas

The Texas Longhorns are geared up for a big summer of recruiting. 

The burnt orange staff started the summer hot, kicking off the month of June in style by having the annual Texas Elite Camp take place on Saturday June 1.

One of the main points of the evaluation process for the Longhorns staff, the Elite Camp provides an excellent opportunity for the Texas staff to gauge where offered as well as unoffered prospects are in their individual developments, giving the staff an overall better picture of their board for each respective class heading into the fall. 

The Elite Camp has been a staple of the Steve Sarkisian era in Austin, as each year he's been on the Forty Acres it's taken place in early June. Headlined by a spur of the moment commitment given by Saraland four-star QB KJ Lacey, last years group was more than solid as it featured future Texas commits James Simon, Lance Jackson, and Elijah Barnes alongs with several other top targets like Dakorien Moore, Michael Fasusi, and DJ Sanders amongst plenty others. 

That said, there's a ton of value to be taken from the annual Elite Camp whether short term or long term. 

In today's story though, we're thinking long term as we bring you 10 visitors from Saturday's Elite Camp that have the highest chances to end up at Texas.

These aren't necessarily crystal ball predictions, but instead it's simply 10 prospects who Horns247 feels like has the highest chances of ending up at Texas out of Saturday's visitor list that features dozens and dozens of targets in the 2026 and 2027 classes. 

Without further ado, let's get into it. 

FT. LAUDERDALE (FL.) AMERICAN HERITAGE 5-STAR QB DIA BELL

Dia Bell at Texas earlier this spring. (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
Texas hosted a handful of quarterbacks over the weekend for Elite Camp, one of which was Dia Bell. The No. 3 signal caller and No. 10 overall player in the country, per the 247Sports Composite Rankings, also visited Austin for the first day of spring practice. As Horns247 reported over the weekend, we're told Bell was first in line in all the quarterback drills and received a lion's share of the coaching/attention inside DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium. He still has upcoming visits to Florida State, Ohio State, and LSU in the month of June, but sources feel Texas is in good position. Side note: that doesn't rule out fellow 2026 signal caller Troy Huhn, who also camped in Austin on Saturday. As Horns247 has reported, Huhn is also a top target of the staff's and has a lot of interest in the Longhorns. He, too, has upcoming visits to Clemson, Auburn, Michigan, and then Penn State in July. Horns247 continues to lean towards Bell at the moment, though. (South)

TEXARKANA (TX) TEXAS HIGH 4-STAR RB TRADARIAN BALL

Tradarian Ball (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
The Longhorns will still have to work for it, but we like the chances of Ball's "dream school" — Texas — winning out at the end of the day. Ball has described an "at home" feeling when speaking about the Forty Acres in the past, and while it's been a fluid list of standouts throughout the recruitment, it's always felt like the Longhorns have well maintained their position at the top. After making the drive down from Texarkana to see several home games last fall, Ball has now returned to campus twice in 2024 with Horns247 expecting him back in Austin several more times before the end of the year. (Scruggs)

SAN ANTONIO MADISON 4-STAR WR JORDAN CLAY

Jordan Clay (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
Texas has plenty of in-state 2025 targets at the wide receiver position, and as it looks now there's some high-caliber talent in the Lone Star State in 2026 as well. Clay earned an offer from the staff after working out on Saturday, one that he said made his mother cry. Even before the offer, Clay considered Texas a school in his top group, dating back to the Orange-White Game. He was quoted in saying it would be a dream to play for the Longhorns. Arizona State, Baylor, Notre Dame and Texas A&M are the competition at this point in time, but we feel the Longhorns offering gives UT the inside track as things stand. (South)

PEARLAND SHADOW CREEK WR CHRIS STEWART

Chris Stewart (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
One of the names heard most throughout the weekend when speaking with sources about standouts from Saturday's Elite Camp, it's possible Stewart is now the highest in-state WR on the board for 2026. Up to this point he's only been able to see a handful of programs in the region with the hope of seeing more out-of-state programs in the future, but in talking with Stewart and those around him it's clear that Stewart would like to stay close to home in order to not go far from his family. This could end up coming down to Texas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, and potentially LSU, but we like the Longhorns' chances of winning out for the talented Houston area native with sub-11 speed. (Scruggs)

NORTH CROWLEY 5-STAR OT JOHN TURNTINE III

John Turntine III (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
Arguably Texas' top offensive line target in the class of 2026, Turntine is a regular on the Forty Acres already. He was back again Saturday, and already considers UT a top school for him. One big factor playing to Texas' advantage is the location. "One big thing to me — the location," he told Horns247 after the spring game. "Both my sisters go to school, and my cousin, right down the street (referencing Hutson-Tillotson). My older sister is starting here (at Texas) during the summer. It would be cool to go to school with them. The location of Texas is a big thing." That could be what tilts the scales in Texas' favor over schools like TCU, Georgia, and Texas A&M, not to mention Kyle Flood and the Longhorns staff have done a great job of recruiting Turntine to this point. (South)

MANSFIELD LAKE RIDGE 4-STAR OT FELIX OJO

Felix Ojo (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
The rising junior checked in at 6-foot-7, 283 pounds on Saturday. Ojo was one of three 2026 offensive linemen the staff offered at camp. He says UT is a dream school and the fact that the program is on an upward trajectory has UT standing "pretty high" on his list. Ojo is going to have a momentous summer with visits upcoming to Oklahoma, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, and Florida State, so expect his offer list to continue to grow. Texas being the home-state school should keep the Longhorns in top contention over the next two seasons. (South)

TEMPLE 4-STAR DL JAMARION CARLTON

Jamarion Carlton (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
For several months I've been told by folks in Temple that an offer from the Longhorns would go a long way for Carlton and his family, and it was clear as day that the offer was monumental for Carlton in talking to him after the camp. The opportunities that include being able to leave home yet still being a short drive down I-35, playing in the SEC and at a top program like Texas, all while receiving a strong education were among reasons told by sources as to why the burnt orange offer meant so much in his eyes. While passing Wildcat Stadium on my drive home from Austin to Temple on Saturday night, I phoned a source close to Carlton who ultimately expects the top 100 prospect to stay in CenTex in order to play for the Longhorns. (Scruggs)

DUNCANVILLE 4-STAR EDGE KJ FORD

KJ Ford (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
Of the schools that have been in the mix throughout the spring, Oklahoma has appeared to have done the best job. While it's possible the Sooners could still be in pole position, Horns247 believes the recruitment is starting to balance out as the Longhorns seemed to gain some momentum in the recruitment following Ford's camp visit on Saturday. It'll likely end up being a knockdown, dragout recruitment, but it won't be anything new to Texas as the Longhorns have already won at Duncanville in the form of Colin Simmons with the expectation that 2025 five-star wideout Dakorien Moore ends up in the burnt orange as well. (Scruggs)

CARTHAGE 4-STAR LB DAQUIVES BECK

Daquives Beck (Photo: Hank South, 247Sports)
Beck fits the bill for what new linebackers coach Johnny Nansen looks for at the position. He checked in at just over 6-foot-1, 190 pounds on Saturday and had a solid showing in workouts. Beck loved what he took away from Nansen during drills when it comes to his technique. He's a big fan of Nansen's "aggressive" coaching style. Beck says it reminds him of his coaching at Carthage. The Longhorns already offered back in February after Beck recorded 132 tackles, including nine tackles for a loss, six sacks, and two fumble recoveries as a sophomore. Texas Tech and Texas A&M are likely the top competition in the early going for the Top247 'backer. (South)

KATY MAYDE CREEK 3-STAR LB KOSI OKPALA

Kosi Okpala (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
Similar to Chris Stewart, Okpala is another recruitment that's expected to end with him selecting a school in the region, with Horns247 expecting the final decision to be between Texas and Texas A&M. The Aggies have done a good job of establishing relationships with Okpala throughout the spring, but the Longhorns are set up well down the stretch with Okpala being "godbrothers'' and having a unique relationship with Longhorn legend Brian Orakpo along with the fact that Okpala's defensive coordinator at Mayde Creek is former three-time All-Big 12 linebacker Rashad Bobino. (Scruggs)

• Hook 'Em 2

247 reported yesterday that Bell has noticed other '26 QBs making commitments to reserve their spots (2 P4 programs over the weekend) and Bell said, as a result, he may have to make a decision before anyone's expecting it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

10 hours ago, Hermanator said:

I wasn't talking about Bell. I know nothing about him. I was addressing that guy's statement that he wants athletic QBs. That just doesn't fit with Sark's offense. Much rather have QBs that can throw and have the head to make quick decisions than quick legs and a sub 4.5 40. I don't know which of these 2 QBs better fits that description. 

I just think a Typical Sark QB (Mac Jones) but can also move example (Bryce Young) 

just me I’d rather have a Bryce Young. He made that offense much more dangerous then Mac did just my opinion 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Okcool said:

IMG_2015.thumb.jpeg.71ab9703cdd988eb14bc71285d040a59.jpeg

Work with his mom. Visited us twice. Took his spot. We’ll see who jumps in the boat first, Huhn or Bell. 

I wonder if his mom knows why he gets more tan and loses his pot belly when he takes his helmet off.

Texas Football Recruiting: Five-star QB Dia Bell reflects on second visit to Texas

Hank South (Horns 247)

Why could the Longhorns be the pick in the end?

"Their background with quarterbacks," Bell said. "You've seen what Quinn Ewers was able to do this year. And obviously the Manning family sending Arch there shows a sign they think what they're doing at Texas is good for quarterbacks as well.

Spoiler

Texas Football Recruiting: Five-star QB Dia Bell reflects on second visit to Texas

Hank South (Horns 247)

Texas hosted five-star 2026 quarterback Dia Bell for camp last Saturday, the Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) American Heritage product's second time down to Austin after attending the Longhorns' first spring practice back in March.

"It was great," Bell told Horns247. "Obviously coming back and being able to work with Coach Sark and Coach Milwee again in almost a practice sort of feel, it was good. I was able to meet some of their recruits. It was a fun time."

Bell earned an offer from the staff in March and backed that up with a strong showing in the camp setting.

"There was obviously little stuff they will give you during the workout," he said of what he learned. "Not if you even missed a throw, but if you could have threw it better, how you could have threw it better or what you should have done. I wouldn't say they were any huge takeaways. I was just kind of gauging how they like to coach. Obviously because they're one of my top schools. I would want to know how they coach before I make a decision."

Bell was joined by his parents on Saturday, which marked his mom's first time seeing campus. His dad, former NBA star Raja Bell, was alongside his son in March as well.

The message from Steve Sarkisian is simple refection on what he's been able to do throughout his career at the position. 

"He tells me his background with quarterbacks," Bell said. "Obviously I did my own research before, so I know how good he is with quarterbacks and the amount of quarterback talent he's put in the NFL. That's one thing he says that sticks out about them. On top of that they just show a lot of love. They always just like catching up with me when I get out there and when I call them they like catching up. It's all that."

Bell isn't naming a leader at this point in time. He still has some visits to go. He'll be at FSU, Ohio State, and LSU in the weeks to come. He'll also attend a Miami 7on7 camp, but that's because his team will be there.

"I feel as if I'm getting pretty close," he said of a decision. "But I wouldn't say I have an exact timeline."

Why could the Longhorns be the pick in the end?

"Their background with quarterbacks," Bell said. "You've seen what Quinn Ewers was able to do this year. And obviously the Manning family sending Arch there shows a sign they think what they're doing at Texas is good for quarterbacks as well. I feel my relationship with Coach Sark and Coach Milwee is also great. I feel like all those play a role."

At 6-foot-2, 195 pounds, Bell is ranked the No. 2 quarterback and No. 10 overall player in the country, per the 247Sports Composite Rankings. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 6/2/2024 at 9:47 PM, Hermanator said:

For a coach that doesn't want his QB to run?

It isnt about running it's about the ability to extend plays and make plays outside of the structure of the offense when necessary.