Texas Recruiting Notes 2026: NIL Deals for flying cars

texifornia

13 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

So I’m going to guess that you have t watched Lacey. 

I just want to be clear.  You're saying that Lacey doesn't extend plays by moving around and outside the pocket?  Because whatever his shortcomings may be, he absolutely keeps plays alive with his legs while looking to make the pass downfield.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Saw a clip of his spring game on OTF (I believe) and he was electric. Kid has some serious wheels, and has no issues moving the chains. His arm talent is pretty unreal. I get exactly why Sark chose him. I bet he ends up Alabama POY when the season is concluded. His stats in his 2 years starting are incredible.

Edited by Spider2YBanana

Scruggs: Crystal Ballin': Entering in early Crystal Ball Predictions for three Top247 2026 prospects

We're back with another addition of Crystal Ballin'.

In today's addition, I'm entering in three 247Sports Crystal Ball forecasts in favor of the Texas Longhorns to land three Top247 prospects in the 2026 class.

With all three prospects being only rising juniors, there will be a long time before decisions and commitments are made. That said, things could really change between now and decision time, but for now, I'm rolling with these three early predictions. 

Neither prospect has given a silent commitment to the Longhorns, this is just me predicting the prospects to eventually end up committed to Texas based on priority, proximity to home, and the early factors of the recruitments we already know about. 

Let's get into it. 

North Crowley five-star OT John Turntine III (No. 27 in Top247)

John Turntine III (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
The top rated offensive lineman of the in-state class, Turntine is already one of the most coveted players in the 2026 cycle holding 29 offers. Of those offers, he's made a handful of visits, but none more than he's taken to Texas as he's already seen the Forty Acres five times before the start of his junior year. The proximity to home and "following the visits" factor could be enough for some, but Turntine also has a sister set to begin classes at Texas this summer with a cousin down the street at Huston-Tillotson. On top of that, he's the best offensive lineman in the state for 2026 and it's rare that Kyle Flood has missed on his No. 1 target with guys like Kelvin Banks and Brandon Baker coming to mind. Texas will have to outduel several of the nation's blue bloods to land him at the end of the day, but the early parts of the recruitment are enough for me to go ahead and enter a prediction in as things stand. 

Temple four-star DL Jamarion Carlton (No. 43 in Top247)

Jamarion Carlton (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
Although he's listed as a defensive lineman by 247Sports, Carlton could and will likely end up playing more EDGE at the next level. Regardless, he's still the top rated defensive prospect in the state, checking in as Texas' No. 4 prospect, just one spot behind Turntine. In talking to those in and around Temple, I'd long been told this was the offer Calrton and his family had been "waiting on". We trust our sourcing, but we especially did once Carlton told the media him and his family almost shed tears upon receiving an offer from the Longhorns in Steve Sarkisian's office. The Longhorns are the dream school according to those in Temple, and I think that paired with the ability to play in the SEC while still being a short drive down the road will be too much for Carlton to end up passing on come decision time. Other visits will be taken this summer and like Turntine's recruitment, it's anticipated to be a dogfight, but the early returns are very encouraging. 

San Antonio Madison four-star WR Jordan Clay (No. 96 in Top247)

Jordan Clay (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)
Last but not least, Clay was another prospect who picked up an offer from the Longhorns following Saturday's annual elite camp. Incredibly similar to Carlton's recruitment, I'd been told throughout the spring that an offer from the burnt orange would go a long way in Clay's recruitment, and well that offer came last Saturday. Telling the media his mother cried upon receiving the offer from Sarkisian, the Longhorns are the dream school according to sources in San Antonio and the location and proximity to the Alamo City should help in a very similar way it helped with freshman wide receiver Freddie Dubose's recruitment. Prior to receiving his offer, Clay had visited the Forty Acres numerous times, so he's already well familiar with the campus and what life at Texas could look like

• Hook 'Em 2

Anyone here have any insight into whether or not we are recruiting Jabari Brady?

I watched the OT7 this weekend, and he's a real playmaker. 

I also liked Vance Spafford out of Mission Viejo... reminded me of a shorter Cooper Cupp in that he always seems to be able to get open.

7 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Anyone here have any insight into whether or not we are recruiting Jabari Brady?

I watched the OT7 this weekend, and he's a real playmaker. 

I also liked Vance Spafford out of Mission Viejo... reminded me of a shorter Cooper Cupp in that he always seems to be able to get open.

His name hasn't really come up.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, texifornia said:

His name hasn't really come up.

Thanks.  Jabari made several nice catches in traffic including the championship game winner.  Looks like a baller.

As a Cali guy, what do you know about Spafford?  This weekend was the first time I'd heard of him, but he seemed like a really good slot prospect.

Just to square the circle on Jabari Brady, this was the TD that put the game out of reach.  Great concentration and a tough catch in traffic.   Looks like tOSU and FSU are the early favorites, but he was on the same team with Ffrench, so if we can land Jamie it might help Texas with Jabari, if Texas has any interest.

59 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Thanks.  Jabari made several nice catches in traffic including the championship game winner.  Looks like a baller.

As a Cali guy, what do you know about Spafford?  This weekend was the first time I'd heard of him, but he seemed like a really good slot prospect.

I don't live out west anymore, I'd know a lot more about prospects in the Carolinas these days. Mission Viejo is a ritzy town known more for its swim team than its football team, but I'd assume that kid has top notch private coaching.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 10:50 PM, Spider2YBanana said:

Bro, I called him Japorkie once on Twitter and the dude laughed. He has a solid sense of humor and seems like a good dude. 

CSB: His son is named Jorvorskie Lane Jr. and he’s apparently a pretty elite baseball prospect. For whatever reason he attends Fort Worth Wyatt HS and was their star player as a sophomore and carried them to the playoffs, which is unreal for a school like that. 

4 hours ago, Helobious said:

CSB: His son is named Jorvorskie Lane Jr. and he’s apparently a pretty elite baseball prospect. For whatever reason he attends Fort Worth Wyatt HS and was their star player as a sophomore and carried them to the playoffs, which is unreal for a school like that. 

Oh damn, that's nice. Is he a big dude like his dad (not fat, but big like Lance Jackson)? Pretty cool he's a good baseball player. Hopefully we get rid of David Pierce and land either the Clemson coach or Tennessee coach, and see if we can get the kid if he's good enough for college (I'm sure he is by the way you're talking about him). 

8 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Oh damn, that's nice. Is he a big dude like his dad (not fat, but big like Lance Jackson)? Pretty cool he's a good baseball player. Hopefully we get rid of David Pierce and land either the Clemson coach or Tennessee coach, and see if we can get the kid if he's good enough for college (I'm sure he is by the way you're talking about him). 

He’s committed to A&M already and had other SEC offers. Can’t imagine he’d spurn the aggies given who his dad is. But who knows.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Helobious said:

He’s committed to A&M already and had other SEC offers. Can’t imagine he’d spurn the aggies given who his dad is. But who knows.

Not to mention they're on a roll as well with Schlossnagle at the helm. He's a hell of a coach. 

Posted (edited)

Gerry reporting that Troy Huhn has not received an invite to the July pool party and he and CJ both noted that they'd be surprised if our 2026 QB does not commit prior to the pool party. Doesn't take much reading between the lines to deduce that they expect Dia Bell to be the guy. 

Edited by Jimmy Two Times
Clarity
  • Hook 'Em 9

Loy: Tremendous get for Texas in elite class of 2026 quarterback commit Dia Bell

Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) American Heritage class of 2026 quarterback Dia Bell has announced his commitment to Texas. The 6-2, 195-pounder chose the Longhorns over Florida State, Indiana, Louisville, Penn State, TCU, North Carolina, and many others.

As a sophomore, 247Sports No. 21 overall player completed 122 of 189 passes for 1,929 yards, 20 touchdowns and only 4 interceptions. He also rushed for two scores as well.

What is Texas getting in its new commit?

"Love the fit between Bell and Texas," said 247Sports National Analyst Cooper Petagna. "The Longhorns have a stable of quarterbacks between Quinn Ewers and Arch Manning, alongside a very talented passer in his own right in Trey Owens. Bell will fit in well. This is a prototypical pocket passer with a lot of natural arm talent. He's a guy that can change velocity with ease. He also possesses developmental upside. There is plenty of potential growth in his game. The arrow is pointing up heading into his junior season. He has all of the makings to be one of the most efficient, talented pocket passers in the country."

Bell is a prospect I've personally tracked closely for the past two years. The growth has been tremendous. Every time I've seen Bell throw, he's gotten better and better. He went from skinny, raw passer to a thick, well-built gunslinger that can rip it with just about anyone in the country. Between the ears, Bell has it all. He's very much prepared for the spotlight and the moment. He regularly remains cool, calm, and collected. He's not the type to get rattled. In the most humble, respectful way, he's confident and borderline cocky. He has all of the tools to be an elite talent at the next level and I couldn't be more fired up about the fit. Texas got itself a really, really good player in Bell.

Bell is the son of former NBA great Raja Bell. The former FIU standout played 12 seasons in the league with the Utah Jazz, Philadelphia 76ers, Dallas Mavericks, Phoenix Suns, Charlotte Bobcats, and Golden State Warriors, and was twice named to the NBA All-Defensive Team.

But there is more talent in Bell's family than just his father.

"My grandpa played college football at Morehouse," said Bell. "I think he still holds a couple of records there at receiver. I think he holds a record or two there. My mom also played at FIU. She was an all-conference soccer player, so I have those ties. My aunt also played college basketball at Florida."

Top 2026 skill position recruits react to Dia Bell's monumental commitment to Texas

The Texas Longhorns landed a massive commitment today from Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) American Heritage 2026 five-star quarterback Dia Bell. 

Bell joined Aledo three-star running back Raycine Guillory as the second commitment in the Longhorns' 2026 class. 

At 6-foot-2, 195 pounds Bell is ranked as the No. 10 overall prospect in the nation, the No. 2 quarterback in the nation, and the No. 1 overall prospect in the state of Florida according to the 247Sports Composite Rankings. 

That being said, with all the buzz and excitement of Bell's monumental commitment taking place today, Horns247 figured what better time to reach out to some of the top 2026 skill position recruits in order to get their thoughts on one of the top signal callers in the nation committing to Texas.

Listed below are recruits reactions:

Carthage Top247 running back KJ Edwards

"The amount of dawgs that's committed already and with Dia Bell now joining I feel if I came it would benefit the whole program all around just knowing how talented I am and those other guys as well."

San Antonio Madison Top247 wide receiver Jordan Clay

"I see that definitely playing a big factor in my decision and would love to play with a great QB like that."

Destrehan (La.) Top247 wide receiver Jabari Mack

"Well knowing that if I go there, there is a quarterback there in my class that could possibly grow with me and build off each other's game is great."

Waco University Top247 wide receiver London Smith

"Man it's big for us skill positions to see, knowing that, that could possibly be my quarterback and we could play together at the next level."

Aledo Top247 wide receiver Kaydon Finley

"It's a big commitment that will definitely help Texas in the coming years."

Red Oak Top247 wide receiver Brayden Robinson

"Dia Bell is a top QB in the Country for a reason but I wasn't surprised Coach Sark does a great job recruiting QBs! I feel like his play style complements my game pretty well so that would definitely be a dangerous situation for college football."

Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco three-star wide receiver Carson Clark

"That's super huge, especially me knowing and playing with Dia in 7on7 definitely an eye opener on what Texas is doing in their recruiting."

Pearland Shadow Creek wide receiver Chris Stewart

"It definitely caught my attention and it's big time, I was able to have him as my QB for a couple of my reps at the Texas Elite camp and all his passes were spot on. Definitely something to pay attention to for sure!!"

Houston LSSS wide receiver Mike Brown

"That's awesome news about Dia Bell committing to Texas! Having a five-star QB like him can make a huge difference for the team. I've seen him a couple times and he has even thrown to me at some camps. Things are definitely getting interesting for UT and my recruitment as well. It would be a great opportunity to be playing with him."

Saint George (Utah) Pine View five-star tight end Brock Harris

"Dia is amazing. I've camped with him once and we really got along. It would be awesome to catch passes from him."

Spring Valley (Calif.) Mount Miguel five-star athlete Brandon Arrington

"It's good to know I have that offer and I have a chance to play with one of the best players in my class. It was shocking I thought he would wait a little longer but if he feels like that's home that's home."

Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco three-star athlete Madden Williams

"I think that it is great that Texas just got Dia Bell. I've seen him on the 7 on circuit and he's a baller, I think this definitely will lean into my decision and this is good to know that we could be potentially playing together."

South: With 5-star QB Dia Bell in the fold, Texas looks primed to sign more elite talent in 2026

Steve Sarkisian, AJ Milwee, and the rest of the Texas staff have their man under center for the class of 2026 in five-star prospect Dia Bell. The Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) American Heritage signal caller chose the Longhorns over LSU, Ohio State, Florida State and many others on Monday afternoon, in what's another significant recruiting win for Texas.

Since the Sarkisian era began, the Longhorns have been on a tear recruiting the quarterback position. Sark and Co. landed Quinn Ewers out of the Transfer Portal in 2022, the No. 1 overall player in Arch Manning in 2023, Trey Owens — who put on a show at the Orange-White Game this spring — in 2024, and have commitments from Elite 11 Finalist KJ Lacey in '25 and now Dia Bell in '26. 

The class foundation starts at quarterback and builds from there.

Having Bell on board now almost assures Texas of being able to put together another elite class across the board, especially at the skill positions with the added advantage of not only coming to Texas, but joining an elite QB like Bell in the process.

Here's a look at just a few of the big-time names the Longhorns are already in strong position for at wide receiver, running back, and tight end in 2026.

Rankings per 247Sports

Running back

Raycine Guillory, 4-star RB, Aledo — Texas commit

(No. 21 running back in the country)

The in-state back now has a running mate in the class of 2026 in Bell. Since January, Guillory has been the only pledge in UT's 2026 class.

Tradarian Ball, 4-star RB, Texas High —

(No. 2 running back, No. 47 overall player)

Ball is trending to the Longhorns on the Crystal Ball, as Texas has already honed in on a few select backs in the class of 2026, the four-star Texarkana product one of them. Texas and USC are duking it out here currently.

Javian Osborne, 4-star RB, Forney —

(No. 5 running back, No. 73 overall player)

Osborne is another ball carrier that turned heads early in Austin. He, too, is already trending to Texas on the Crystal Ball, with a prediction from yours truly. Texas, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M are all battling for the Top100 back.

KJ Edwards, 4-star RB, Carthage —

(No. 4 running back, No. 64 overall player)

Edwards was back in town for Junior Day (the same day Bell was on the Forty Acres for Elite Camp). He's got the Longhorns in his top group along with Baylor. Texas likely won't have to leave the state at the position in 2026.

Wide receiver

Chris Stewart, WR, Shadow Creek

(Unranked)

The Shadow Creek standout isn't ranked yet, but will be among the top receivers in the state of Texas when all is said and done. Stewart was back on campus for Elite Camp earlier this month and is extremely high on the Longhorns at this juncture. Stewart caught 41 passes for 698 yards and 10 touchdowns as a junior in a loaded Shadow Creek offense.

Jordan Clay, 4-star WR, San Antonio (Texas) Madison

(No. 13 wide receiver, No. 96 overall player)

A recent recipient of a Texas offer, we like the chances for the Longhorns to end up landing Clay from just down the road at San Antonio Madison even before Bell committed. The Top100 pass catcher says it would be a dream to play for Texas. We like UT's chances as things stand.

Brandon Arrington, 4-star ATH, Spring Valley (Calif.) Mount Miguel

(No. 7 athlete, No. 66 overall player)

Arrington is another top prospect that recently earned a Texas offer. Rated as the No. 1 athlete in the class, per the 247Sports Composite, the Longhorns project the Golden State product at wide receiver. He considers Texas one of his top offers at this juncture after an impressive 2023 season in Austin.

London Smith, 4-star ATH, Waco University

(No. 26 wide receiver, No. 167 overall player)

We're not sure where the Baylor legacy will end up projecting but he can play wide receiver and defensive back at a very high level. Despite his family ties to the Bears program, the Longhorns have piqued Smith's interest and will have a hat on the table.

Kayden Dixon-Wyatt, 4-star WR, Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei

(No. 31 wide receiver, No. 183 overall player)

Texas fits right in at Mater Dei High School with both Sark and wide receivers coach Chris Jackson having ties at the California power house. Dixon-Wyatt was on campus earlier this month and looks like he sits among the staff's top preferences at the position at this juncture.

Tight end

JC Anderson, 4-star TE, Mt. Zion (Ill.)

(No. 6 tight end, No. 103 overall player)

Texas special teams and tight ends coach Jeff Banks reached out to Anderson on Saturday when the contact window opened, offering the four-star prospect. At 6-foot-7, 230 pounds, Anderson's a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses. Anderson recently changed his college trajectory from basketball to football. He's still learning the position but his offer list is growing by the day.

Camden Jensen, 4-star TE, Littleton (Colo.) Heritage

(No. 9 tight end, No. 204 overall player)

Another recruit on Banks list from the weekend, Jensen has a similar frame to Anderson at 6-foot-6, 230 pounds. He says Mizzou, Nebraska and Texas A&M are standing out early. Keyword: early.

Zachery Turner, 3-star TE, Duncanville

(No. 13 tight end)

Texas has its foot in the door at Duncanville and hopes to keep that streak going for years to come. Turner is another example of the Division I talent the Panthers program churns out on an annual basis. Turner is still learning about Texas but it helps that UT has Duncanville alumni Colin Simmons recruiting the rising junior. Oklahoma, Texas A&M, LSU, and USC are others in the mix right now.

• Hook 'Em 7