Texas Recruiting Notes 2026: NIL Deals for flying cars

texifornia

Not sure I liked Bell painfully walking like Fred Sanford in a “I’m comin’ to join ya, Elizabeth!” moment after landing funny following the TD throw celebration, but he has a couple years to work that out.

Edited by Vito Andolini
  • Hook 'Em 1

Not sure I liked Bell painfully walking like Fred Sanford in a “I’m comin’ to join ya, Elizabeth!” moment after landing funny following the TD throw celebration, but he has a couple years to work that out.

That was very strange looking, like something in his leg was slightly out of place.

5 hours ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

Texas v Georgia

Oregon v Ohio St

LSU v USC 

All three of these games have top 10 viewership potential. Wonder which one he doesn't care as much about?

I would take a guess it would be USC/LSU. The other 4 are legitimately top 5 teams, and will have the most hype and viewership. The excitement for the latter is just because it's the first week of the season. Georgia/Clemson will be a better match up.

29 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I may have mentioned it before, but WR will be mighty interesting in 2026. You got Chris Stewart already committed, then legacies like Jalen Lott and Kaydon Finley who you would think will be in the class at this point. Surely they will also go big game hunting nationally for a guy or two.

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

I may have mentioned it before, but WR will be mighty interesting in 2026. You got Chris Stewart already committed, then legacies like Jalen Lott and Kaydon Finley who you would think will be in the class at this point. Surely they will also go big game hunting nationally for a guy or two.

I've never heard of Jalen Lott before.  I had to look him up on 247 to see who is dad is.  That was before my time.  It looks like he was a cornerback for the Longhorns.  247 has his lead recruiter as Terry Joseph.  Maybe we are recruiting him at corner.  Jalen is listed as a WR/ATH.  His hudl shows him making plays on both sides of the ball. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

It'll be interesting to see how depth in the WR room will impact recruiting the position next year. We'll have former 5-stars in Cook, Wingo, Lockett, Ffrench and Terry (fingers crossed on the last two) all ahead of the class of 26 on the depth chart. That doesn't even factor in DeAndre Moore, Niblett, and Parker "Bad Ass Motherfucker" Livingstone.

In my ideal burnt orange world, Sarkisian throws these guys in waves against secondaries that simply aren’t talented enough or deep enough to cope and all the classes see that the fastest way to recognition, yards, and TDs is to have fresh legs when Manning and whoever is next up are delivering dimes to them. 

Show up, learn the offense, catch the ball, profit. 

1 hour ago, Plorant said:

I've never heard of Jalen Lott before.  I had to look him up on 247 to see who is dad is.  That was before my time.  It looks like he was a cornerback for the Longhorns.  247 has his lead recruiter as Terry Joseph.  Maybe we are recruiting him at corner.  Jalen is listed as a WR/ATH.  His hudl shows him making plays on both sides of the ball. 

Jesus man, James Lott was a legend. 
My uncle was a south texas HS coach when Lott was at Refugio and was once working one of his track meets. He said Lott cleared 6’10 or something while still wearing sweatpants. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

My uncle was a south texas HS coach when Lott was at Refugio and was once working one of his track meets. He said Lott cleared 6’10 or something while still wearing sweatpants. 

Tell him about the time SMU tried to throw four fades against him. 

3 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Ohio State doesn't seem to have any issues with loading up on 5 star WR's year after year, so why should we? May the best play. All I want for Christmas is Chris Henry Jr. Like MHJ, he's a generational talent. 

Granted…I’ve never been a 5 star anything….. but if I was I think I would want to go to a program where there are 5 stars at every skill position and I draw single coverage every single snap

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Helobious said:

As a high school track athlete, he scored 34.5 points to lead Refugio High School to the 1983 state title. He placed first in the high jump (7-4 3/4), first in long jump (24-1), second in high hurdles (13.7) and third in 300-meter hurdles (37.4), and was a member of the sixth-place 1600-meter relay team.

https://texaslonghorns.com/honors/hall-of-honor/james-lott/886

• Hook 'Em 5

2026 legacy schedules visit to Texas

Kaydon Finley's father is former Texas tight end Jermichael Finley, who redshirted during the program's 2005 national championship season. The younger Finley is a four-star prospect in the 2026 recruiting cycle.

Texas will play host to 2026 four-star wide receiver Kaydon Finley for the Georgia game, Horns247 has learned. The Aledo standout is the son of former Longhorn great Jermichael Finley.

The 247Sports Crystal Ball already favors Texas for the Top100 recruit, with one prediction from Horns247's Jordan Scruggs.

"I love it and I love how they throw the ball to Ja'Tavion Sanders a lot and use the tight ends," Finley told Scruggs at the end of his sophomore season, before Texas' CFP appearance. "It's unbelievable how far they've come and they've made it this far but it's great to see them where they're at and I hope they can go all the way."

Finley is ranked the No. 12 wide receiver and the No. 83 overall prospect in the country, per the 247Sports Composite.

Texas has one commitment at the wide receiver position in the class of 2026 in four-star prospect, Chris Stewart. The Longhorns are also trending for four-star San Antonio wideout Jordan Clay. Finely could project more as a tight end like his dad with his frame, so it's to be determined regarding his positional fit. — HANK SOUTH

• Hook 'Em 5

21 minutes ago, BeautifullyFurnishedCasita said:

This part is interesting, maybe he's getting sold on being a receiving TE here

https://247sports.com/player/kaydon-finley-46134911/

Listed as 6'0, 200 lbs. I would assume he'd need to grow another two to three inches to even contemplate playing TE at Texas.

I don't know who our resident Aledo expert is here, but maybe they'd have more info on that. Obviously, Finley just started his junior year, so he could still grow in height. His dad was listed at 6'4, so it's entirely possible.

It could also be entirely possible he just watches TEs closely due to his dad's background; or that any program that gets TEs heavily involved in the passing attack shows that they utilize a healthy passing games in myriad ways, which could help scheme receivers open too because the defense has to defend more weapons.

2 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

https://247sports.com/player/kaydon-finley-46134911/

Listed as 6'0, 200 lbs. I would assume he'd need to grow another two to three inches to even contemplate playing TE at Texas.

I don't know who our resident Aledo expert is here, but maybe they'd have more info on that. Obviously, Finley just started his junior year, so he could still grow in height. His dad was listed at 6'4, so it's entirely possible.

It could also be entirely possible he just watches TEs closely due to his dad's background; or that any program that gets TEs heavily involved in the passing attack shows that they utilize a healthy passing games in myriad ways, which could help scheme receivers open too because the defense has to defend more weapons.

He lists himself on Twitter as 6'2 195 .

• Hook 'Em 1