5:01

Rimbo

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

...in the 3rd quarter.

I saw OU do something I've never see them do in 33 years of watching this game.

They quit.

Oh yeah, when Bijan practically walked in for the TD? Yeah, I told my kid the same thing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Rimbo said:

...in the 3rd quarter.

They quit.

And OU sucks....I know it's not what you were aiming for but it's true.

I honestly think it's why Sark just ran every play towards the end.  Once they assumed the submissive pose it felt wrong.  That's why Sark is a better man then me.  I would have thrown some play action in there and scored another 21 points.

Jim Kelly Kick GIF by Warner Archive

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rimbo said:

...in the 3rd quarter.

They quit.

OU looked an awful lot a few of our late season teams from recent seasons. No pride, no fight, just going through the motions. I don’t if Venables is the guy or not, but whoever their coach is has a long way to go, just to make the Sooners competitive again.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

winning by 7 TDs over the thieves still hasn't sunk in

i don't care if they quit or not

but sark had to call off the dogs

it's a requirement at texas

what i'm po'ed about this morning is the embargo on the historic win in the national media last night

the reverse result would have been the lead story

instead it's buried deep in to each show

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

winning by 7 TDs over the thieves still hasn't sunk in

i don't care if they quit or not

but sark had to call off the dogs

it's a requirement at texas

what i'm po'ed about this morning is the embargo on the historic win in the national media last night

the reverse result would have been the lead story

instead it's buried deep in to each show

2 unranked teams, no way that was going to be the lead story over some other games and baseball playoffs.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Rimbo said:

...in the 3rd quarter.

They quit.

I was running play by play to my buddy overseas because he wasn’t able to watch due to technical difficulties.  When that happened, I said “We did it.  We broke them.  It’s over now.  They’ve quit.”

He couldn’t believe it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

2 unranked teams, no way that was going to be the lead story over some other games and baseball playoffs.

Yep. The game just had no national implications, no big upset over a ranked OU. 

I haven't looked back but I wanna say it was after Quinn's interception, you'd think they would try a shot play or something to cash in on that momentum, but they just ran 3 plays up the middle and punted. Looked right then that the players had given up on Brent. 

1 hour ago, TexasMan said:

I haven't looked back but I wanna say it was after Quinn's interception, you'd think they would try a shot play or something to cash in on that momentum, but they just ran 3 plays up the middle and punted. Looked right then that the players had given up on Brent. 

I was rewatching the game last night. They still had fight in them after that, were still trying.

In my mind, before the rewatch, I somehow remembered them breaking a lot earlier than that point. After the failed 4th down conversion in the red zone. But no, they were still fighting hard after that.

Then Bijan walked into the end zone on that run with nary a crimson jersey in sight, with a wall of white stormtroopers guiding him. OU was just going through the motions after that.

• Hook 'Em 1