Robert Griffin III as a college football analyst is...FIRED BY ESPN

SimkinsMan

RG3 sucks.  Mark Jones sucks.  I would likely mute any broadcast with just one of them...but both of them?  Fuck that.  Zero chance I'm listening to that.  I had the Craig Way call on today, he made fun of RG3 twice for being a Baylor homer fuck face and overhearing, or not, his bullshit in the adjacent room.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Hozz said:

RG3 sucks.  Mark Jones sucks.  I would likely mute any broadcast with just one of them...but both of them?  Fuck that.  Zero chance I'm listening to that.  I had the Craig Way call on today, he made fun of RG3 twice for being a Baylor homer fuck face and overhearing, or not, his bullshit in the adjacent room.

You’re cool.  Will you be my friend?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

So he meant to say "Bug-A-Boo" and this just 'slipped out'.....Riiiiight

Since when does bug a boo mean haters and doubters? 

I don't give 2 shits about cancel culture but he's a really terrible announcer and if this is what it takes to get him off my TV then so be it.  But I doubt it...

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Since when does bug a boo mean haters and doubters? 

I don't give 2 shits about cancel culture but he's a really terrible announcer and if this is what it takes to get him off my TV then so be it.  But I doubt it...

According to destiny's child a bug a boo is a pest, someone who won't leave you alone 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

I like RG3, and hope he's back next season. He's not braindead like the Tim Brandos and Rod Gilmores of the world and has a more palatable level of "personality" than Pat McAfee. But maybe this'll get him to throttle it back just a tad, which I'd like.

Best I remember from his collegiate days, he was supposed to be very intelligent. Wasn't he considering law school and wanting to become a judge at one point?

I tend to tune out the analysts when watching games unless they're just blatantly biased. I just hate seeing a guy lose his job for saying something idiotic. 

Earlier this year during a Thursday night game the white ESPN pbp guy proclaimed that the Louisville QB, Malik Cunningham, was "shuckin and jivin" his way down the field. I was curious to see what would happen so I followed the guy on Twitter. People were tweeting at him and at ESPN so he/they were definitely aware. Crickets. No apology, no acknowledgement. Seems like sop in these situations is hope no one really notices and it goes away. 

It’s not even used in the “proper” context because he’s talking about doubters of Hurts who would most likely be white. Who knows what he was actually trying to say as his clarification also makes zero sense. I have a hard time caring, we’ll see what cancel culture has to say about it though.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Y’all are reaching. I literally had no idea what that word even meant. The guys on set were likely just as oblivious. 
Not even an RG3 fan, but come on

That term is a racist term whether you have heard it or not. Being oblivious to a racist term doesn't make any difference. It's been phased out in most vocabs but the meaning didn't go away. I honestly didn't know there was that many people who didn't know about this word. It went viral as soon as he said it. 

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jigga boo

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Hook 'Em 7

20 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I like RG3, and hope he's back next season. He's not braindead like the Tim Brandos and Rod Gilmores of the world and has a more palatable level of "personality" than Pat McAfee. But maybe this'll get him to throttle it back just a tad, which I'd like.

I kind of like him too. He generally means well and just tries too hard sometimes with his commentary, which is driven by the incentive structure to stand out in that profession. His line after Roschon hurdled the defender on the way to the end zone in the Baylor game as a “Johnson on Johnson crime” was a good one. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Yep it's bad, REALLY bad.

I haven't heard that phrase in about 60 years. 

10 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Oh yeah I have heard it. Does anyone else remember this scene?

Don Imus said it in reference to this movie in his stuff about the Rutgers women's basketball team that got him fired. It's been out there.

• Hook 'Em 1