Robert Griffin III as a college football analyst is...FIRED BY ESPN

SimkinsMan

RGIII was pretty fair and unbiased but his style got annoying from time to time. Mowins doesn't bother me, her voice inflections aren't that different than her male counterparts. No real opinion on Ponder other than her husband was a shitty nfl qb.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

RGIII was pretty fair and unbiased but his style got annoying from time to time. Mowins doesn't bother me, her voice inflections aren't that different than her male counterparts. No real opinion on Ponder other than her husband was a shitty nfl qb.

Mowins is absolute dog shit.

• Hook 'Em 9

Not sure this is real reason, but is funny  😋

Screenshot_20240816-120759_kindlephoto-18118577.png.38783c221be69f8d916c51153b598025.png

On Tuesday, Finebaum appeared on a "First Take" segment and said Florida State would finish the season unranked in part because of a "hangover" from missing the College Football Playoff last season.

"I think they used too many tears crying about not getting in the playoffs, and that may slow them down a little bit this year," Finebaum said on SportsCenter.

The following day, Griffin posted a retort on the social media site formerly known as Twitter.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/robert-griffin-iii-defended-fsu-football-from-paul-finebaum-the-next-day-espn-fired-him/ar-AA1oS2jP?ocid=BingNewsSerp

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Yes I know it's a popular take to hate on Mowins, she just doesn't bother me.

Same. It's not like they're routinely force-feeding her on the biggest games. There are plenty of mediocre to bad male announcers with annoying-ish voices that also get to call the noon Eastern Northwestern v. Indiana game. But I barely ever notice announcers in any sport.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

So they fired her for an opinion she shared 15 months ago?  Seems legit.

Haven't dug in to confirm, but it was rumored that she had some happy fingers on that same opinion during the Olympics, re: Algerian boxer.

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm in agreement here, and I'm only voicing that because it is fucking tiring. Beth Mowins is objectively terrible as a PBP person for football. It's distracting. I don't give a shit about women calling men's sports. Good is good and bad is bad. Mowins is a bottom feeder for CFB announcers and she's hanging on to the role she was elevated to strictly because of the DEI silliness from ESPN. 

The @aggie08 poster seems to have a pathological obsession with righting any perceived slights assigned to females in the sports world by mean men and patsy women who are clearly too stupid to "get it". It oozes off of their dumb fucking posts and they come across as a real blast at parties. I don't see them post much, but they have plenty of posts and rep, so I'm guessing they're absolutely a cloak roomer and they only show up for sports when the right dog whistle is blown for their bullshit to make an appearance. 

What in the actual fuck are you talking about you fucking lunatic? All I said is that--in the realm of mediocre to bad announcers--Mowins doesn't particularly bother me, and I frankly don't give a shit who's calling the 14th biggest game of the day.

Yeah, the criticism that she gets is probably disproportionate to low level male announcers--who no one bothers to learn the name of--because of the sound of her voice, but it is what it is.

Chill the fuck out.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

You're an agenda pusher. It's obvious from reading this thread lately that if you perceive some sort of slight towards women, real or imagined, you're here to yell at the board and browbeat us about someone's wrongness. It's not needed, it's tedious, and it's getting negged from here forward every time I see it. 

My two entirely unrelated posts in this thread really triggered you this much, huh? God damn dude. But please don't neg me, whatever will I do. Fucking child.

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I have never heard or read of a single actual person that's watched a Mowins-called football game say anything positive about her contributions to the game.

Did I? Or are you projecting your shit onto me?

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

My two entirely unrelated posts in this thread really triggered you this much, huh? God damn dude. But please don't neg me, whatever will I do. Fucking child.

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Did I? Or are you projecting your shit onto me?

I'm not "triggered" and I am perfectly "chill". I know your kind of bullshit when I see it and I am comfortable calling it out for the white-knighting, virtue signaling, political bullshit that it is. This is not a safe space for you. 

As to neg, it's the only currency we possess here. If I could pay to have you relegated to where you post 90% of the time, I happily would, but I can't, so negging it is. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

I'm not "triggered" and I am perfectly "chill". I know your kind of bullshit when I see it and I am comfortable calling it out for the white-knighting, virtue signaling, political bullshit that it is. This is not a safe space for you. 

As to neg, it's the only currency we possess here. If I could pay to have you relegated to where you post 90% of the time, I happily would, but I can't, so negging it is. 

Dude, I've been on shaggy(bevo and texas) and Surly for much longer than I care to admit. My first post in CR wasn't until Nov 4, 2020. My bubble of naivete and blissful ignorance was broken with the realization that tens of millions of people weren't just in on the joke, but they actually believed all the bullshit lies and grievance politics. But that's neither here nor there. 

I don't post on the Football board as much because 1) I rarely ever do in the offseason because there's not much interesting content, 2) The Football board just isn't as funny as it once was, point blank, and 3) Have you seen A&M Football lately?

If saying simply "Beth Mowins doesn't bother me like she does others" gets you this preachy, that's a you problem. Seriously though, how much would a male announcer have to suck for you to write this many words about him? Did Booger McFarland cause you this much anguish and strife?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

If saying simply "Beth Mowins doesn't bother me like she does others" gets you this preachy, that's a you problem. Seriously though, how much would a male announcer have to suck for you to write this many words about him? Did Booger McFarland cause you this much anguish and strife?

Just couldn't help yourself, could you? Just had to go there again. After all those posts you spent denying. CTJ surely touched your nerve, lol. Thou surely doth protest too much, methinks.

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Just couldn't help yourself, could you? Just had to go there again. After all those posts you spent denying. CTJ surely touched your nerve, lol. Thou surely doth protest too much, methinks.

He doesn’t have his goons here to self-congratulate him 🥲 .

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Not sure this is real reason, but is funny  😋

Screenshot_20240816-120759_kindlephoto-18118577.png.38783c221be69f8d916c51153b598025.png

On Tuesday, Finebaum appeared on a "First Take" segment and said Florida State would finish the season unranked in part because of a "hangover" from missing the College Football Playoff last season.

"I think they used too many tears crying about not getting in the playoffs, and that may slow them down a little bit this year," Finebaum said on SportsCenter.

The following day, Griffin posted a retort on the social media site formerly known as Twitter.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/robert-griffin-iii-defended-fsu-football-from-paul-finebaum-the-next-day-espn-fired-him/ar-AA1oS2jP?ocid=BingNewsSerp

Since they got left out it's a good thing they didn't get their shit pushed in in their bowl game.

Wait wut

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sith_horn said:

I mean that seems fair. Look at all the absolutely garbage male announcers out there. I guess Mowins sucks, I don't know she usually only calls garbage matchups I don't watch, but if she sucks she sucks. But the idea seems to be that she only gets to suck because she is a woman and...um...then why do so many male announcers suck? They seem to get away with it without DEI.

And dude gets shit just for saying he doesn't bother him that much. Is that really an outrageous opinion? It isn't like he said he loves Lowell Galindo or something.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I mean that seems fair. Look at all the absolutely garbage male announcers out there. I guess Mowins sucks, I don't know she usually only calls garbage matchups I don't watch, but if she sucks she sucks. But the idea seems to be that she only gets to suck because she is a woman and...um...then why do so many male announcers suck? They seem to get away with it without DEI.

And dude gets shit just for saying he doesn't bother him that much. Is that really an outrageous opinion? It isn't like he said he loves Lowell Galindo or something.

And, just to be perfectly clear, I'm the one apparently bringing CR to the football board by riffing off someone else's post, agreeing that Mowins doesn't bother me any more than her also subpar colleagues. 

But not the people throwing around DEI and immediately claiming that Ponder got fired due to trans stuff. They're cool.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, sith_horn said:

EqGh5I0VoAEy6FL.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Mowins is absolute dog shit.

Mowins actually knows the game and as a talking head is much better than Griffin.  Her voice is dog shit and makes me change the channel.  Nowadays you would think there would be some type of auto-tune available to make her voice tolerable. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

And, just to be perfectly clear, I'm the one apparently bringing CR to the football board by riffing off someone else's post, agreeing that Mowins doesn't bother me any more than her also subpar colleagues. 

But not the people throwing around DEI and immediately claiming that Ponder got fired due to trans stuff. They're cool.

Maybe you forgot your post in the other thread

image.thumb.png.845556fec135301f550ec93def7f1aaf.png

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

Maybe you forgot your post in the other thread

image.thumb.png.845556fec135301f550ec93def7f1aaf.png

Nah, I really didn't. Unless basic human decency and being able to admit when you're wrong are CR now. I couldn't possibly care less what some talking head's view on transgender people in sports is. It's a relatively new, complex, nuanced issue...none of us are ever going to agree on it. 

BUT, if you're going to help drag some biological woman from across the world through the mud as a pawn in your culture war, you'd better damn well get your ass in line to issue a sincere apology when none of your assumptions and inferences pan out. Unless you're a giant, gaping piece of shit. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

1 hour ago, MIkeHoncho said:

Mowins actually knows the game and as a talking head is much better than Griffin.  Her voice is dog shit and makes me change the channel.  Nowadays you would think there would be some type of auto-tune available to make her voice tolerable. 

Yup that voice made me change the channel every time. It was never what was being said.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Oh, blow out your ass, pussy.

Were you dropped on your head as a child? Or maybe in the past week?

eta I change the channel or hit mute whenever I hear Mowins voice but I don’t give one goddamn who ESPN hires or fires. I haven’t watched anything but sports broadcast on their channels in 10+ years

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1