Gone posters

23 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
30 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:
Blast from the past - at the Vegas airport, and just bumped into…Skipperj. SOB actually RECOGNIZED ME from a happy hour years ago. He says he ain’t around here anymore, but he’s alive and well.

Wasn't he the guy who "painted houses"?

He also documented himself replacing his toilet one night, I believe, while drinking brown water.

Edit: To clarify, SKJ (Sofa King Jive) is the house painter. SkipperJ documented a family vacay when he wore his world famous red shorts at Disney World.

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 7/12/2024 at 9:52 PM, Gil Bang said:

I met loopy at a CA bowl game.  I can't remember if it was Rose or Holiday.  He was with a handful of other guys that all piled in a van and made the drive straight-thru.   Loopy was cool as shit.

One of that group...a younger black dude (I can't remember his handle but he was a known poster), being a younger dude and therefore a dumbshit, came out without anything other than a Tshirt. It was chlly.  I had an extra burnt orange lined-windbreaker and I donated it to him.  He was very appreciative.  I hate that I can't remember his handle. 

Rode in a car from Vegas to the USC Rose Bowl with Loopy driving. He was the most careful driver ever. Figured it had to do with keeping his record clean for his job.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Blast from the past - at the Vegas airport, and just bumped into…Skipperj. SOB actually RECOGNIZED ME from a happy hour years ago. He says he ain’t around here anymore, but he’s alive and well.

Bought RRR tickets off him like 6 years ago. Good dude

• Hook 'Em 1

skipperj is my dawg. he made the “football freestyle” video back on TOS that got featured on si.com and had 50,000+ views. he did that out of boredom while waiting for our game to start the day of the infamous 2009 big xii title game. since then we’ve caught several arsenal games at the tavern and even tailgated with thujone and longhorngirlie. hopefully he’ll make a return appearance if arsenal ever wins the premier league.

• Hook 'Em 5

Shit note that I think about it I also got drunk with him a few years ago street usc game or before. Not sure but man anyone who interacts here should really try to meet up. Great group of people that I never would have met in my life

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 9/2/2024 at 10:03 PM, Brisketexan said:

Shit, I’d forgotten about this. Ouch.

Honestly, I think it should be done. Especially since his real name and picture have been added here. If his kids search their dad in a few years they'll stumble upon the archives of this pretty easily I'd imagine. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Honestly, I think it should be done. Especially since his real name and picture have been added here. If his kids search their dad in a few years they'll stumble upon the archives of this pretty easily I'd imagine. 

Immamac took care of that concern -- the posts that connected his name and his handle were moved/altered.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, PvilleStang said:

So do we need to add a clause to our personal wills to reach out to immamac with a given safe word that would tell him to nuke our footprints on Surly?  Is that a paid service that will be offered?

Christ don’t make it paid. Immamac will hire hit men to knock everybody off. 

• Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 9/2/2024 at 6:51 PM, Brisketexan said:

Oddly enough, I am quite sure I was at that same happy hour.  The more ya know!

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/2/2024 at 9:14 PM, Derka said:

skipperj is my dawg. he made the “football freestyle” video back on TOS that got featured on si.com and had 50,000+ views. he did that out of boredom while waiting for our game to start the day of the infamous 2009 big xii title game. since then we’ve caught several arsenal games at the tavern and even tailgated with thujone and longhorngirlie. hopefully he’ll make a return appearance if arsenal ever wins the premier league.

Pretty sure I saw y’all that day. The tailgating that is. And yeah Skipperj loves him some Arsenal 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/2/2024 at 10:03 PM, Brisketexan said:

Shit, I’d forgotten about this. Ouch.

This seems to be the final post by YGifs.

Maybe we should al rep the shit out of it?  Go on a +rep spree; Brisket, maybe your "announcement" post (thread?) can get a bump & a request.  A sort of digital "punch your medals into the casket" thing?

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Liar.  No way you would have ever found me in a library!
Yeah, if my math is correct, I've been a member about 23.5 years (half my life) on some sort if Longhorn message board.  And the other half not on a Longhorn message board website, with a few 6-mos hiatuses here and there over the years.  Never tempted to join myspace, twitter, facebook, instagram, reddit, snapchat, pinterest, or tiktok.  Have an old linkedin page for a previous employer and you surly bastards.  
But levity aside, it's weird to think about this mass of us adopting the original sites in late 90's/early 00's.  A vast majority of the posters/tailgate attendees/et. al. mainly between 25-35 at the time.  Meaning ~25+ years from now, there's gonna be hundreds of us dying every single year.  Kind of a bummer.  But been a run ride, hopefully we're not even halfway done yet. Also doing well at football would certainly help take the fucking sting off this shit.

This one didn’t age well. RIP

On 9/19/2024 at 12:31 AM, Longboard Horn said:

Anyone know what happened to Buffsoldier or Whitman? Haven't seen them over here in over 3 years. 

Also, is Phlegm still alive?

Whitman had to bow out for some reason, there was a post about it IIRC. Can't remember if it was work, family or what.

Start a thread on the Food board about Salt Lick, TAMU and It's a Small World and if Phlegm doesn't appear within 30 seconds he sleeps with the fishes. 

In all seriousness, I think that was the only dude I had on ignore on the old site due to his posting style giving me seizures. Did not ignore him after the migration and he turned out to be a really good dude who gave me some great Disney advice when my kids were younger. I believe he was a tram driver at Epcot. Hope he is still around and doing well.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

20 hours ago, South Austin said:

He popped up on a non-snek thread a few weeks ago (maybe CR?) and thought he might be back for good, but doesn't appear so.

Yeah he yelled at immamac for a hot minute then left.

I also get to jerk off all over your face. If you can beat me/submit me, I will pay $1000 and will become the most hardcore MAGAt you have ever seen.  Let’s go fuckface. I want to see this feminization of America you are talking about. Put your money where your mouth is.

black lab/immamac, feel free to ban Me for life if this doesn’t meet your stupid monetization standards. This site went from awesome to absolute shit.