Gone posters

On 9/20/2024 at 9:18 PM, Baboontyme said:

Start a thread on the Food board about Salt Lick, TAMU and It's a Small World and if Phlegm doesn't appear within 30 seconds he sleeps with the fishes. 

In all seriousness, I think that was the only dude I had on ignore on the old site due to his posting style giving me seizures. Did not ignore him after the migration and he turned out to be a really good dude who gave me some great Disney advice when my kids were younger. I believe he was a tram driver at Epcot. Hope he is still around and doing well.

He was in his 70s so odds probably aren't good.  IIRC, he was an IT guy in O&G before retiring and living his theme park dream in Florida. 

1 minute ago, CooterBrown said:

He was in his 70s so odds probably aren't good.  IIRC, he was an IT guy in O&G before retiring and living his theme park dream in Florida. 

Didn't he post some pics from when he was in the hospital over cardiac concerns a few years ago?

On 9/24/2024 at 11:03 AM, bolverk said:

Didn't he post some pics from when he was in the hospital over cardiac concerns a few years ago?

I don’t specifically remember that, but he did post about health issues over the years/sites. I think he was on campus in the 1970s.

Pretty crazy on here, but I think just liked to have fun. Posted across the sites with a couple of handles over they years, Phlegm being the primary. 

I never really understood what happened to champkind?  

He got surly people to invest in a failed restaurant?  Did he intentionally fuck people, or did it just not work out?    He was a pretty solid poster for the most part.  Gave me a lot of good smoking advice. 

36 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

He got surly people to invest in a failed restaurant?  Did he intentionally fuck people, or did it just not work out?    He was a pretty solid poster for the most part.  Gave me a lot of good smoking advice. 

I have no inside knowledge but I have seen posts littered around here that insinuate that there was financial fuckery.  

16 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Lives in NM now

On 9/26/2024 at 2:22 PM, smuggs said:

If I haven't posted anything by October 18th, send a Surly posse to Orlando.

It'll be like Apocalypse Now, as we search for you on Pirates of the Caribbean. Somebody will get off the boat and run into an animatronic tiger. Mr. Phlegm will be Kurtz, you will be the jabbering hippy sidekick.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

It'll be like Apocalypse Now, as we search for you on Pirates of the Caribbean. Somebody will get off the boat and run into an animatronic tiger. Mr. Phlegm will be Kurtz, you will be the jabbering hippy sidekick.

I love Pirates but a Disney "imagineered" Apocalypse Now log flume sounds fucking awesome.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was perusing the “Tell me about Tx A&M” thread, and came here to see what became of Randolph Duke?  I thought I remembered him posting that he’d been away for a while, maybe for medical issues, but had kept up with the boards, then nothing.  Or am I asking a question that is long since answered?

On 10/15/2024 at 7:49 PM, CycleTex87 said:

Was perusing the “Tell me about Tx A&M” thread, and came here to see what became of Randolph Duke?  I thought I remembered him posting that he’d been away for a while, maybe for medical issues, but had kept up with the boards, then nothing.  Or am I asking a question that is long since answered?

immamac announced he was imposing a word limit on posts.  Haven't heard from Randolph Duke since.

• Haha 1