Gone posters

To the other what?  He was pretty funny though.  I never knew if the story of him driving a CapMetro campus bus was true or just a schtick.  The moderators on HF were incredibly binary.  Half of 'em were relaxed, funny and posted great takes.  The other half were annoying and couldn't wait to run to Katy to report/suspend/ban you so they'd get a lollipop.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I met loopy at a CA bowl game.  I can't remember if it was Rose or Holiday.  He was with a handful of other guys that all piled in a van and made the drive straight-thru.   Loopy was cool as shit.

One of that group...a younger black dude (I can't remember his handle but he was a known poster), being a younger dude and therefore a dumbshit, came out without anything other than a Tshirt. It was chlly.  I had an extra burnt orange lined-windbreaker and I donated it to him.  He was very appreciative.  I hate that I can't remember his handle. 

5 hours ago, YGIFS said:

To the other what?  He was pretty funny though.  I never knew if the story of him driving a CapMetro campus bus was true or just a schtick.  The moderators on HF were incredibly binary.  Half of 'em were relaxed, funny and posted great takes.  The other half were annoying and couldn't wait to run to Katy to report/suspend/ban you so they'd get a lollipop.  

I spent quite a bit of time around Katy and Robert, and found them both to be charming in person.  We did a half-dozen tailgates together, and that usually included drinks and dinner the night before the game (and the Costco trip with my horse trailer) and brunch or lunch the morning after.   

At a Holiday Bowl "pregame" the night before, by about 10 PM, everybody else was too tired to continue partying and went to their hotels.  It ended up just me and Scott Wilson.  Of course, I  knew of his reputation, but I'd never met him.  We end up in some shitty San Diego bar, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna fuck this bartender...a hot blackfoot Indian chick from Kansas.  Wilson cockblocked me and ruined the whole thing. 

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

12 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I spent quite a bit of time around Katy and Robert, and found them both to be charming in person.  We did a half-dozen tailgates together, and that usually included drinks and dinner the night before the game (and the Costco trip with my horse trailer) and brunch or lunch the morning after.   

At a Holiday Bowl "pregame" the night before, by about 10 PM, everybody else was too tired to continue partying and went to their hotels.  It ended up just me and Scott Wilson.  Of course, I  knew of his reputation, but I'd never met him.  We end up in some shitty San Diego bar, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna fuck this bartender...a hot blackfoot Indian chick from Kansas.  Wilson cockblocked me and ruined the whole thing. 

Sorry that happened. 

2 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

Was this dude on here?

I don't know, but I pulled up the obit', and it doesn't look like he went to UT (not that that answers the question).

On 7/12/2024 at 10:58 PM, Gil Bang said:

IMG-4413.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2024 at 12:59 PM, PvilleStang said:

Was this dude on here?

That is sad and all, but what type of smooth brain has that large family with a bun in the oven - and at least one kid for a decade - and not have a drop of life insurance?

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

That is sad and all, but what type of smooth brain has that large family with a bun in the oven - and at least one kid for a decade - and not have a drop of life insurance?

And his grandfather apparently was Charles Maund, and brother of convicted murderer Erik Maund.  Probably didn't actually need life insurance, or a GoFundMe.

RIP, regardless. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Google "Mary Lou Retton"

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2024 at 10:58 PM, Gil Bang said:

Moblack?

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

And the cost is fucking ridiculous.

image001.png.6a83f0338a62fc718c479714b2cfb2a7.png

meh. These are recent quotes for a 20 year term policy with a half mil payout.   It’s doable if you want protection. I never said it was totally painless. 

Wow.  this was from a recent survey by nerd wallet.  They also say that John Hancock has a specialty policy for that which includes other services to help the diabetic client patient with weight management and other issues. The insurance company proactively seeks to keep the insured in good health.

Thunder, I can’t vouch for the accuracy.  I absolutely could be full of shit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
22 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:
Blast from the past - at the Vegas airport, and just bumped into…Skipperj. SOB actually RECOGNIZED ME from a happy hour years ago. He says he ain’t around here anymore, but he’s alive and well.

Wasn't he the guy who "painted houses"?

No. He was red shorts guy. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2