Joe Biden 2023: The Dark Brandon Rises

StassneyHorn

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Box 13?   If the ballot box stories didn't happen, LBJ might be a very minor footnote in our Texas history books (or at the very least, he ends up a Senator who dies in office in the early 70s).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Box_13_scandal

Wow, I can't believe I hadn't read about this. 

Lulz at the "found" ballots being 200 to 2 in favor of LBJ and the alphabetical order and same handwriting stuff. What a hack job of a crime they got away with. 

1 minute ago, BeardIP said:

Doesn't mean anything, just an observation that there are two big jumps surrounded by smaller ones throughout. I missed the 12-22% jump the first time I read it, but my eye automatically went to the 24-32% jump and just observed it was bigger than the others.

Marginal tax rates were fixed at those levels in 2017.

3 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

I'm sure, and again, I'm all for it, just noticing that there isn't a pattern that I didn't know about before seeing that, and then assuming it's because there is good data/reasoning behind (e.g. a large % of folks land in those buckets, some data models and formulas suggest this is the way to optimize income, etc.).

OK, I thought you might have been implying that this was something new.  Just for clarity, the IRS adjusted the income levels associated with those rates, not the rates themselves.

Onward . . .

3 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

Wow, I can't believe I hadn't read about this. 

Lulz at the "found" ballots being 200 to 2 in favor of LBJ and the alphabetical order and same handwriting stuff. What a hack job of a crime they got away with. 

LBJ lost his first bid to the Senate essentially the same way

6 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

45% of the vote for that guy, huh? 

Keep reminding them that he helped push through the warp speed COVID 19 vaccines, that he loves communist dictators, and that he was friends with the Clintons and with Epstein.  You wouldn't necessarily keep them home, but it still pisses them off.

20 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Keep reminding them that he helped push through the warp speed COVID 19 vaccines, that he loves communist dictators, and that he was friends with the Clintons and with Epstein.  You wouldn't necessarily keep them home, but it still pisses them off.

No it doesn’t. He’s infallible to them.

apparently they were ads scheduled to run during a Univision interview with Trump. they also canceled a scheduled response to the interview from the Biden camp.

it sounds like they got some new corporate overlords. surprise.

Edited by mchookem

On 11/9/2023 at 11:00 PM, safe sex said:

When physically threatened, to paraphrase Robert Caro, from childhood LBJ would lie on his back and start thrashing his legs violently while shouting something like "don't you hit me! I'll kick you!" It had nothing to do with him going to what is now Texas State. They had their first football team in 1904 ffs.

Are you drunk?

After that story I feel like gettin drunk.

• Drool 1

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Well this isn’t good ….

Fuck Univision and their grubby Spanglish LA-centric telenovelas. Telemundo is the real deal. ADMIT IT. Admit you loved it from the first time your eyes met mine. TOO LATE. I am leaving. Ya me voy... con la MARIA!!!

NOOOOO!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Drool 3

20 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

If you want to see the end of Biden’s presidency watch the Q and A going on right now.  Holy smokes 

granted i got out of the car 20 or so minutes ago so maybe something went off the rails but the real holy smokes was the first question (by the financial fucking times) asking if xi told biden when china would attack taiwan.