Texas Basketball Recruiting Notes: A Clean Shave

texifornia

On 6/27/2024 at 3:47 PM, HtownHorn said:

Kent, Kaluma, and Shedrick should be getting 85%+ of the 4/5 minutes. Hopefully Kaluma learned from his one year experience that KSU that he's better as a role player than a high usage primary ball handler.

K-State's entire season was fucked when Tomlin was suspended. That completely changed roles on their team and forced guys like Kaluma to be more high usage. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I thought it was 5? Was he not on the 2008 team?

Oh, and he has the record for most points, which is awesome. 

He had just finished his rookie year when the summer 08 Olympics rolled around, so they probably finalized the roster the year before when he was still at Texas or before his rookie season started.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

He had just finished his rookie year when the summer 08 Olympics rolled around, so they probably finalized the roster the year before when he was still at Texas or before his rookie season started.

Ah, that makes sense. POS rep 

Can't believe we've seen these guys in 4 Olympics and they're still dominating in their 30s. Incredible to watch, especially when most are at the tail end of their career. 

Bron

Durant 

Davis 

But they're still so talented they could go another 5 seasons, barring injuries. I think only LeBron would have to retire within the next 2 season. They have all had incredible careers. Tatum, even though Kerr benched him, will continue to get better, and Booker is basically just beginning. 

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Ah, that makes sense. POS rep 

Can't believe we've seen these guys in 4 Olympics and they're still dominating in their 30s. Incredible to watch, especially when most are at the tail end of their career. 

Bron

Durant

Davis

But they're still so talented they could go another 5 seasons, barring injuries. I think only LeBron would have to retire within the next 2 season. They have all had incredible careers. Tatum, even though Kerr benched him, will continue to get better, and Booker is basically just beginning. 

IMG_9137.gif.42b894cd456224a4a0ab529c4983923c.gif

1) LeBron (39.5) has 3 Gold 🥇🥇🥇 (‘08, ‘12, ‘24)

2) KD (35.8) has 4 Gold 🥇🥇🥇🥇

3) Davis (31)  has 2 Gold🥇🥇 (‘12 & ‘24)

We have won 5 Gold 🥇s in a row, so it’s not like LeBron lost one. I just think that LeBron opted out once or twice because he was going to the finals every fucking year.

Edited by Napoleon

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

IMG_9137.gif.42b894cd456224a4a0ab529c4983923c.gif

1) LeBron (39.5) has 3 Gold 🥇🥇🥇 (‘08, ‘12, ‘24)

2) KD (35.8) has 4 Gold 🥇🥇🥇🥇

3) Davis (31)  has 2 Gold🥇🥇 (‘12 & ‘24)

We have won 5 Gold 🥇s in a row, so it’s not like LeBron lost one. I just think that LeBron opted out once or twice because he was going to the finals every fucking year.

What I mean is regardless of who has how many gold, they're still dominating despite their age. We still own when everyone is clicking. Seeing LeBron with gray in his beard and making a power dunk on much younger Frenchmen was cool af. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.on3.com/news/intel-the-latest-on-top-2025-prospects-like-shelton-henderson-jj-mandaquit-davion-hannah-and-more/

4-star PG Kingston Flemings
INTEL: Kingston Flemings is On3’s No. 1 ranked point guard in the 2025 class. The San Antonio (TX) Brennan High PG has three upcoming official visit dates set. Flemings will go see Houston on 8/31, Texas on 9/6, and Gonzaga on 10/4. Gonzaga has not offered yet, I am told, they want him to come to campus before they extend the offer. Houston will get the first official, a source close to recruitment tells me that they would be surprised if Flemings did not end up committing to the Cougars. Flemings has told me that he wants to sign during the Early Signing Period. A source close to the recruitment told me they would not be surprised to see Flemings go through and take all his visits.

https://www.on3.com/db/kingston-flemings-178202/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Notes from Gerry

Spoiler

Texas Hoops Recruiting In Focus: 2025 official visits 

The Texas Longhorns basketball staff is set to host at least five official visitors in the 2025 cycle in September, beginning with a 5-star shooting guard this weekend.

OTF takes a look at the three prospects expected to make official visits with a high school class of two or three expected in the 2025 class.

Isiah Harwell, SG, Mount Pleasant (Utah) Wasatch Academy - August 31- September 2

The 6-6, 200 pound shooting guard will make an official visit to Texas this weekend. Harwell also has Houston, Gonzaga and California amont the top four. The Cougars have been confident here for a while, and Gonzaga believes they have a legit shot. California is also confident due to a strong family connection on the Bears staff. 

The 5-star prospect missed most of the last year with an ACL injury.

Kingston Flemings, PG, San Antonio (Texas) Brennan - September 6-8

The 6-3, 175 pound point guard is ranked as one of the top 25 prospect in the 2025 cycle. He's been on campus a number of times during his recruitment. Flemings is scheduled to make at least four official visits. Texas will host September 6-8, Texas Tech September 10-12, Houston next month and Gonzaga possibly in early October. 

The Longhorns offered Flemings in late May of 2023. 

Koa Peat, PF, Gilbert (Az.) Perry - September 29-30

Peat, 6-8 and 230 pounds, has been a top target for Texas in the 2025 class since Rodney Terry offered in late May of 2021. Terry has long standing connections to people close to the 5-star's recruitment. 

Peat made an official visit to Houston in early June, and the Cougars have been considered the favorite by some late in the spring and summer. The next three official visits will tell the story in this recruitment if Houston can hold on and close. Texas receives an official visit September 29-30, which follows a Michigan OV the first weekend in September. North Carolina is on the books for November 10, the closest to signing day. 

Peat, like Tre Johnson, will make two official visits to Texas prior to making a decision. He made an official visit in late September of 2023 initially. 

John Clark, PF, Houston (Texas) Link Academy - September 13-15

Clark plays for T.J. Ford Elite on the AAU circuit. The 6-9, 215 pounder transferred from Klein Cain to Link Academy for his senior season. Clark has yet to release all of his official visit dates, but is expected to visit Texas A&M this weekend, Houston September 7-9 and Texas September 13-15. Kansas and possibly Ohio State are also in the mix for the Houston area skilled forward. 

Clark is considered one of the top 50 prospects in the country. 

Shelton Henderson, SF, Houston (Texas) Bellaire - September 28-30

Henderson plays for JL3 Elite on the AAU circuit, leading many to believe Duke will ultimately win out if the Blue Devils make a final push. Houston, Texas and Louisville are also in the mix. The Longhorns are set to host Henderson the last weekend of September. 

• Hook 'Em 4