2024 NBA draft thread - who goin steal Bron from Lakers?

closetohumping

It didn’t take much strong arming, no team was genuinely interested in Bronny as a prospect anyway.
Another team taking him just would’ve been a ploy to try to get Lebron, but if Bronny’s camp is saying don’t draft him, that’s Lebron telling you that ploy wouldn’t work.

Cool. Call his bluff. How many picks in the last 20 years in the 50s have made an nba career? 5-10?

1 minute ago, Lonestar88 said:

It didn’t take much strong arming, no team was genuinely interested in Bronny as a prospect anyway.

Yeah I am not sure there was a whole lot of demand for him. I would guess none at all considering his lone season at USC was not real good to be kind. He’s got an uphill climb to ever even be a rotational player in the NBA. Doesn’t hurt to have dad there to guide him, but whatever. 

10 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Cool. Call his bluff. How many picks in the last 20 years in the 50s have made an nba career? 5-10?

Closer to 20.   Still its not worth doing for spite.

2 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Pretty sure the Fakeshow will call him up for a bit during a meaningless stretch in the season just so they can say they played together then he will return to the G League forever.

He will absolutely play at least 5-10 gms this coming season.

34 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I don’t have much issue with this, even if James were on another team and not my team. It’s the 55th pick and at that point I don’t care. Put him on the South Bay Lakers and bring him up in the spring for a few games with dad. 

Manu Ginobili was the 57th pick in the draft. Bad take. 

• Haha 1

Why? What’s the upside for the team doing it? You’re going to get a bunch of annoying media around for a kid you don’t even want. 

Because it’s bullshit. I know he sucks. But it gives klutch and rich Paul some incentive to try it again because it worked. Or if you’re fine with it, then that’s your issue.

5 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I’m a little surprised the Clippers didn’t take him.   Their owner is a petty little bitch who hates that his team is perceived as the JV franchise in LA.  Second round picks are cheap.  Why not do it just to cause some friction between Lebron and the LAL front office?

Second round picks aren't throwaways.  Well, unless you're the Lakers I guess.

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Because it’s bullshit. I know he sucks. But it gives klutch and rich Paul some incentive to try it again because it worked. Or if you’re fine with it, then that’s your issue.

So what? If it’s a player you actually care about, then that’s when you call the bluff, not now.

Steph Curry told the Golden State Warriors not to draft him, because he wanted to play for the Knicks. The Warriors drafted him anyways, because they actually valued him as a prospect, and it worked out pretty well.

Shit like this happens all the time and when the player is good enough, teams don’t give a damn.

• Hook 'Em 2

So what? If it’s a player you actually care about, then that’s when you call the bluff, not now.
Steph Curry told the Golden State Warriors not to draft him, because he wanted to play for the Knicks. The Warriors drafted him anyways, because they actually valued him as a prospect, and it worked out pretty well.
Shit like this happens all the time and when the player is good enough, teams don’t give a damn.

When was the last time an announcement went public of an agent calling teams don’t draft him or else?

6 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

When was the last time an announcement went public of an agent calling teams don’t draft him or else?

Last year, but it was Rich Paul again, so maybe you don’t want to count it?

He did it last year with a different player, Chris Livingston. No one really gave a damn though, because no one cares about Chris Livingston.

https://nypost.com/2023/06/23/2023-nba-draft-rich-paul-told-teams-not-to-draft-chris-livingston/#:~:text=Then%2C on Thursday%2C Paul reportedly,spot in the second round.&text=Paul was seen at the,serious while on his phone.

Last year, but it was Rich Paul again, so maybe you don’t want to count it?
He did it last year with a different player, Chris Livingston. No one really gave a damn though, because no one cares about Chris Livingston.
https://nypost.com/2023/06/23/2023-nba-draft-rich-paul-told-teams-not-to-draft-chris-livingston/#:~:text=Then%2C on Thursday%2C Paul reportedly,spot in the second round.&text=Paul was seen at the,serious while on his phone.

But his dad, LeRon…we do give a damn about

It’s BS for the nba, particularly small markets, that they can be blackmailed by klutch just by them saying don’t draft them or else. It’s why a team should’ve taken Bronny and Rich Paul
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The Suns should have pushed their chips in and drafted Bronny. This might be the last season they can make a credible run.

Nope. They cowered their heads in fear and bowed to Rich Paul and Klutch. I called exactly this earlier in the thread, and I was belittled.

The NBA is the WWE. Any team could have forced the Lakers into a favorable trade for Bronny, but they all sat back and watched as Paul and LeBron orchestrated this bullshit. 

Again Klutch and LeBron are a cancer, and I can’t wait until James retires. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

But his dad, LeRon…we do give a damn aboutemoji23.png

It’s BS for the nba, particularly small markets, that they can be blackmailed by klutch just by them saying don’t draft them or else. It’s why a team should’ve taken Bronny and emoji1589.png Rich Paul

My point is this hardline stuff only works well when it’s for a player that teams don’t really care about. And Rich Paul knows this, it’s why he hasn’t tried the same thing with his clients that are actually lottery picks.

58 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The Suns should have pushed their chips in and drafted Bronny. This might be the last season they can make a credible run.

Nope. They cowered their heads in fear and bowed to Rich Paul and Klutch. I called exactly this earlier in the thread, and I was belittled.

The NBA is the WWE. Any team could have forced the Lakers into a favorable trade for Bronny, but they all sat back and watched as Paul and LeBron orchestrated this bullshit. 

You are just, well, so insanely negative about most everything. The NBA, movies and life in general. Try and attempt to enjoy life more.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

12 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

You are just, well, so insanely negative about most everything. The NBA, movies and life in general. Try and attempt to enjoy life more.

I’m not as negative as Bill and completely agree with his post. Fuck Lebron, Rich Paul, and the Lakers. Someone wasting a pick would not only have been a hilarious troll, it sends a message that they can’t manipulate the entire league like they’ve tried so many times (and usually succeeded). Lebron still walks around arrogantly thinking all Americans should give a shit what his thoughts are on every subject, basketball or otherwise. If the Lakers legitimately wanted Bronny or Lebron and Paul had that much power over them, the team drafting Bronny could’ve got something better than a late 2nd round pick by trading him to LA. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

I’m not as negative as Bill and completely agree with his post. Fuck Lebron, Rich Paul, and the Lakers. Someone wasting a pick would not only have been a hilarious troll, it sends a message that they can’t manipulate the entire league like they’ve tried so many times (and usually succeeded). Lebron still walks around arrogantly thinking all Americans should give a shit what his thoughts are on every subject, basketball or otherwise. If the Lakers legitimately wanted Bronny or Lebron and Paul had that much power over them, the team drafting Bronny could’ve got something better than a late 2nd round pick by trading him to LA. 

I think the rest of the league is more than happy to give Lebron and Rich Paul exactly what they want, seeing as how what they want is really head scratchingly dumb.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

This assumes that the Lakers actually value Bronny vs just appeasing Lebron.  Someone else drafts Bronny and tries to trade for Reeves, and the Lakers say "Sorry Lebron, your kid will be playing in Australia this year."

Nevermind the circus that comes w/ even trying to play this game - it's a fantasy sports alternate reality vs real world.  Any team that tries something like that has to be prepared for the media/social media circus that comes with it.  No way in hell the juice is worth the squeeze. 

30 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Well done Lakers, just a week after your most hated rival won another championship.

As a Celtics fan who had held the Lakers organization in high regard for most of my life, I'm loving the Buss/Pelinka era.  That's one team I know I won't have to worry about come playoff time for the foreseeable future.