SEC Catch-all Thread

LTtxfan

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Saw a Jawja guy upset about this.  Then this guy doesn't like Texas arrogance...

Texas QB Makes SURPRISING Claim that has Rivals LAUGHING! | UGA | Gators | Oklahoma | TAMU 

This young fella has mistaken bragging as arrogance. We aren't arrogant at all, just stating - and acting - on facts. Yeah, well, maybe they're somewhat related, but here's the deal:

"It ain't braggin' if yuh ackshully done it." -- Jerome H. "Dizzy" Dean

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/11/2024 at 10:55 AM, 83Horn said:

Seems like Farrell doesn't think Texas can destroy the SEC. I take that kind of personally.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

14 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

If Texas fans thought Big 12 opponent fans were rough … the SEC is gonna collectively hate Texas more than any other member. 

Good. Fuck ‘em 

So which is it?

Is Texas "just another team" and "UTjr" or the biggest game on everybody's schedule? I can't keep up. But, yeah, fuck 'em.

18 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Fuck that. I cheer for Texas. The SEC can go to hell as long as they pay the checks.

• Hook 'Em 4

First day into SEC membership and the Alabama beat writers are already bagging on OU:

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2024/07/goodman-between-texas-and-oklahoma-one-team-is-already-falling-behind.html

And while Texas looks like a national title contender once again going into the 2024 season, Oklahoma is still playing catch up.

Never mind the Longhorns, the Sooners might not be better than rival Missouri.

Oklahoma won 85 percent of its games under former coach Lincoln Riley. Why would he leave all that for USC? He didn’t want any part of the SEC. One season after we learned that OU was moving to the SEC, Riley loaded up the covered wagon and bolted for Southern Cal.

Oklahoma fans are still intensely bitter about Riley’s departure. I can’t blame him for skipping town. It’s nothing against Norman, which is lovely and of course has better brisket. It’s just easier to recruit in Los Angeles.

USC is now one of four West Coast teams in the Big Ten — UCLA, Washington and Oregon are the others — and Oklahoma feels like an SEC tagalong.

Oklahoma was the preeminent power of the Big 12. The Sooners had everything. Most years, they even made it look easy. Now? Oklahoma is getting lost among the giants of the SEC, and I’m suddenly getting strong Nebraska vibes.

Oklahoma is not in the Southeast, and it doesn’t have the cachet of Texas. That’s not a great combination.

14 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

First day into SEC membership and the Alabama beat writers are already bagging on OU:

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2024/07/goodman-between-texas-and-oklahoma-one-team-is-already-falling-behind.html

While I appreciate the sentiment, that seems like wishcasting. Oklahoma may not be in the Southeast, but they are directly north of the DFW metroplex, which has 8.2 million people --- and that doesn't include talent-rich East Texas.

They'll get theirs.

Sweet Christ, I can't believe I'm about to stick up for OU. Alabama is more likely to go the Nebraska route now without Saban than OU.  OU has had what, two bad seasons in 30 years and dominated the entire Big 12 in that timeframe? And who gives a shit if OU isn't in the southeast? Fucking Mizzou isn't in the southeast, it's in the Midwest. It's the northernmost city in the SEC. I guess Oklahoma gets points deducted for not being a slave state?

I'm going to go take a shower now. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Haha 4

While I appreciate the sentiment, that seems like wishcasting. Oklahoma may not be in the Southeast, but they are directly north of the DFW metroplex, which has 8.2 million people --- and that doesn't include talent-rich East Texas.

They'll get theirs.

That has been their roster, full of Texans, going back for decades. A lot of their “most awarded” players came from Texas.

Hook’em!!!

22 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Looks like we set out every trophy from the past academic year on the South Mall. And that’s pretty cool.

image.thumb.png.d8c4671805cb318acfb88b0c8da0e1bf.png

It’ll be pretty nice for some other programs in the Bog 12 to get to win a conference championship for a change.

It'll be pretty nice for other SEC schools to win less conference championships.

• Like 1